Uncharted 4

New PlayStation All-Stars Join the Battle February 12th, Free for Two Weeks

Daniel Maniago's Avatar + Posted by Daniel Maniago on Jan 17, 2013 // Community Manager, SuperBot Entertainment

PlayStation All-Stars: Kat

Yo! I’m excited to finally announce that our first wave of PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale DLC will be available February 12th. Here’s what to expect.

Kat graces PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale with her presence, as an up-close melee fighter who utilizes her ability to manipulate gravity to turn the tide in battle. Players who enjoyed Gravity Rush on PS Vita know that Kat loves to bend gravity to allow her to dash, slide, and fly from one place to another, and her All-Stars incarnation is no exception. Those who enjoy AP burst combos and varied mobility will definitely gravitate towards Kat.

Emmett Graves from Starhawk joins the fray! He brings his signature “Build & Battle” style from Starhawk, calling down different structures to aid him in battle, including Rift Extractors for AP and Flak Turrets that fire at will. Aside from his default rifle and pistol, Emmett can also call for additional weaponry in the form of shotgun and rocket launcher loadouts, allowing him to adapt to any situation. These loadouts will also change his level 1 super, giving him a total of five supers to choose from!

PlayStation All-Stars: Emmett

Our newest level, Fearless — a mash-up between Heavenly Sword and Wipeout — will also be available to purchase in February. Please note that purchasing Fearless will allow you to select the stage offline and in non-ranked lobbies, while those who choose not to purchase it can still enjoy it in ranked games online.

Kat and Emmett will be available to download February 12th, and will be free for the first two weeks, so mark your calendar and get them as soon as possible! We’re not stopping there though. We still have some more All-Stars on the way, so keep your eyes peeled in March for more info!

117 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ MakoSOLIDER on January 17th, 2013 at 9:42 am said:

Wait so is the stage also free?

+ MakoSOLIDER on January 17th, 2013 at 9:45 am said:

Kat looks like she’s ready to wreck the stage all over:) Thanks guys!

+ AguilarX on January 17th, 2013 at 9:48 am said:

just bought this game from Amazon for $40. glad ill be on time for the dlc

+ Nick930930 on January 17th, 2013 at 9:51 am said:

Thanks for the free characters. Really hoping you guys get Crash in this game. I’m not shelling out a single cent on a sequel unless it’s next generation by the way… So… don’t think about it… I’m watching you -_-

+ Alenth26 on January 17th, 2013 at 9:52 am said:

Oh Kat!! my new main :D

+ remanutd5 on January 17th, 2013 at 9:52 am said:

where is Nathan Hale or a Chimera character? how about a Motorstorm/ Gran Turismo stage?

+ Godchild1020 on January 17th, 2013 at 9:54 am said:

“Our newest level, Fearless — a mash-up between Heavenly Sword and Wipeout — will also be available to purchase in February.”

I guess we will not get this level for free with the characters. I can’t complain, the characters are free (for 2 weeks).

“We still have some more All-Stars on the way, so keep your eyes peeled in March for more info!”

New Characters, time to speculate.

+ ResistanceGTA on January 17th, 2013 at 9:54 am said:

Not quite before the Big Game as was stated on Twitter a while ago, but, at least we have a release date.

+ KazeEternal on January 17th, 2013 at 9:56 am said:

Awesome…. now when can we expect Raven?

+ PrinceofXIII on January 17th, 2013 at 10:00 am said:

Kat!!!!!

+ dodgedoors on January 17th, 2013 at 10:01 am said:

I won’t be playing the new characters right away as I believe my obsession with the new sly game will be in full effect

+ megacarlos on January 17th, 2013 at 10:08 am said:

Starhawk!

+ Xer0Signal on January 17th, 2013 at 10:11 am said:

Pretty pumped for these! Also really glad to hear more DLC will be on the way. PSABR was my surprise hit from last year, and one of my favorites.

Excited to hear what’s next.

+ poodude on January 17th, 2013 at 10:20 am said:

Looking forward to playing as Emmett. Loved me some Starhawk.

+ Sevyne on January 17th, 2013 at 10:23 am said:

Wait…I thought the new stage was supposed to be free too. Now it isn’t? I swear I read that it was going to be along with the character DLC.

+ Sonicfan11589 on January 17th, 2013 at 10:28 am said:

I know it is a long shot but how about Aya Brea from Parasite Eve/The 3rd Birthday, she’s been with the PS family since the PS1 days. She could use her liberate move as one of her special attacks and pyrokenetic abilities as one of her regular attacks.

+ Sonicfan11589 on January 17th, 2013 at 10:30 am said:

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/06/28/aya-brea-in-playstation-all-stars/ This is MY IDEA to get Aya Brea into PS ALL STARS. so far as of this typing it is 61 out of 71 up votes.

+ Davidgui on January 17th, 2013 at 10:39 am said:

Both Kat and Emmet looking amazingly fun to play as! Can’t wait to try them out!

Is there any chance of us seeing some really big fan requested characters in the future? I’d sure love to play as a certain Colossus-fighting hero!

+ MakoSOLIDER on January 17th, 2013 at 10:43 am said:

“Rest assured that these DLC characters will be getting the same treatment the rest of our cast was given, including updated official website pages with moves and bios, alternate costumes, Arcade Mode cutscenes, Trial Modes, and more.”

Does this include trophies?

+ Figboy on January 17th, 2013 at 11:18 am said:

Looks awesome! I can’t wait!

+ dsigns209 on January 17th, 2013 at 12:12 pm said:

Will there be any trophies added for beating Arcade mode with the new characters? Any hints on the next 2 allstars?

+ demosthenes451 on January 17th, 2013 at 12:26 pm said:

Kat looks like she’s going to be amazing! Can’t wait!

+ Nick930930 on January 17th, 2013 at 1:39 pm said:

They act as if that takes them a lot of effort… The amount of work that went into the cutscenes makes me wonder why this wasn’t just a PSN game.

+ terrencec06 on January 17th, 2013 at 1:47 pm said:

Can’t wait.

+ Elvick_ on January 17th, 2013 at 2:27 pm said:

Not sure how I feel about the liberties taken with Kat.

+ StormTimber on January 17th, 2013 at 2:31 pm said:

very exciting. i hope this roster becomes bigger and bigger as time goes on, because i love this game. i hope that in the future Activision will be generous and let crash and spyro in this game. also, i know it would be odd, but i think it would be AWESOME to see Wreck-IT-Ralph in the game as a playable Character.

+ Elvick_ on January 17th, 2013 at 2:32 pm said:

@23: That is one reason I am glad I didn’t buy it at launch, and am waiting for a bundled version in the future. The story in SSBB may have been minimal, but at least they used CG. Not stills.

Reminds me of how lazy Uncarded is. They just reuse screen grabs instead of creating new art for the game’s cards. Lazy and cheap.

+ BlueBl1zzard on January 17th, 2013 at 2:32 pm said:

I’ll definitely be using Kat! Thanks Superbot, can’t wait to see what else is in store for future DLC.

+ Richard919 on January 17th, 2013 at 2:37 pm said:

Awesome I cant wait! Will there be new trophies with this DLC?

+ D-Squad3 on January 17th, 2013 at 4:31 pm said:

Can’t wait for them to release! And I certainly can’t wait until March to see who the new All-Stars will be!!!

+ djml9 on January 17th, 2013 at 5:07 pm said:

Is there any news on if we pre-orderers will be getting the costumes for vita free, or do we have to repurchase them?

+ djml9 on January 17th, 2013 at 5:28 pm said:

I might main Emmet, since yall uber-nerfed sackboy into the worst character. seriously, a few spammers so you make all his supers take like 100 more ap. I think yall got a little carried away. I haven’t played on my own since the patch. oh, and for some reason me and others are unable to join others or online matches. please fix this and sackboy, I waited so long for this game and you destroyed my favorite character.
*note*I wasn’t a spammer, I ran around kikin arse like you’re supposed to*note*

+ HongoXIII on January 17th, 2013 at 6:33 pm said:

Nice! Can’t wait to play as Kat.

Also looking forward to future DLC.

+ DaRyno on January 18th, 2013 at 8:58 pm said:

Thanks for adding these character in the game. Gravity Rush is one of my favorite vita game, can’t wait.

+ GuiltyBadguy on January 18th, 2013 at 10:08 pm said:

This is great! I can’t wait til their release date. More All-Stars on the way you say? Sweet! Wonder who they’re going to be?

Now I’m waiting for Kat to appear in the international releases of Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational, as well as the other DLC.

+ vdot81 on January 18th, 2013 at 10:42 pm said:

Nice! These two look awesome!!!!! hope we can see crash, spyro or possibly Max Payne. It would be really cool seeing a level 3 bullet time attack and above else, keep up the good work Superbot.

+ poncedailyown on January 19th, 2013 at 12:42 am said:

That spy costume had best be an alternate for Kat.

+ BracKeOsaorusReX on January 19th, 2013 at 1:31 am said:

i think they need to add a final fantasy character anyone frome 7 to 10 and what about dart from legend of dragoon

+ Carl-G on January 19th, 2013 at 2:38 am said:

BRILLIANT GAME!!! :P :P :P I really love this game;) Only 2 fighting games i have loved in my nearly 15 years of owning a PlayStation & this is 1 of them(the other 1 is ‘Tekken 3′ on PS1) ;)

+ PLEASE bring ‘Crash Bandicoot’ & ‘SNAKE’ & ‘Lara’ to this game :P

+ if anyone wants to get the ‘Friendly Competition’ Trophy add me;) No one has the game on my PSN Friends list :(

+ Kchow23 on January 19th, 2013 at 2:39 am said:

Really looking forward to playing as Kat! the Emmett Graves trailer didn’t really convince me he just kept doing his lvl 1 over and over. FYI his prerendered intro was botched you can see the gun go into his head as he stands up.

+ n0rmal94 on January 19th, 2013 at 6:57 am said:

Are we ever going to see some 1st party jrpg characters from Dark Cloud, Wild Arms or Legend of Dragoon? This would also help Japan sales to since one of them is very huge over there.

+ DarkOne_PR on January 19th, 2013 at 8:20 am said:

SuperBot…. HURRY the F#$%k up and patch Raiden and Kratos, Slys freaking OP counter and meanwhile u are at it Dantes Infinite, Drakes infinite and good cole infinite. that is all…. oh and Price for the Stage its required :)

+ ps_n_blog_ac on January 19th, 2013 at 11:15 am said:

@42 i agree it’s really annoying… they are the most used characters because of the that… at least i fought against other types of characters like fat princess (who’s actually a good character if you know how to use her 0_0)

anyways judging that none of the comments have been read(replied) it’s doesn’t look like they are going to do it

unless they are already aware of it

Anyways thanks Superbot the game is actually fun although i traded my ps3 version because i prefer it on my vita ;)

+ xClayMeow on January 19th, 2013 at 11:20 am said:

Looking forward to playing as Kat….Emmett looks okay too, but never played Starhawk, so don’t really care as much about him.

Also really hoping Crash and Spyro are the next announcements and they two are free for two weeks.

+ scorchibob on January 19th, 2013 at 11:51 am said:

is adding abe possible? if he’s not good enough for combat, i understand but i would really appreciate it if he could enter cuz i love Abe very very very much ever since i was 4. also i’ve been thinking of Abe’s storyline and rivalry

i’ve been thinking. after a lot of hard work of saving all mudokons from Rupture farms and soul storm brewery, Abe finally took a small nap until the mudokon shamin appeared to tell and warn Abe about another universe colliding with Oddworld. Abe made his point that he’s not much of a fighter but with 3 mudokon spirits give him some more powers in order to fight the invaders and to return oddworld from collusion.

and the rival scene picks up the abe keeps walking until he got gun pointed at the side of his head by Lara Croft (if it’s possible to add her too) Abe weeps and got on to his knees begging lara not to shoot. then lara thought he was ad enemy but she didn’t know some that are ugly. Abe gets insulted believing that lara called him ugly then picks a fight with her

+ Ethereal on January 19th, 2013 at 12:24 pm said:

These characters look amazing and even better, they are FREE! Thanks Sony and Superbot, keep the new characters coming!

+ XxKumaHoshiroxX on January 19th, 2013 at 5:12 pm said:

asura wrath

dead head fred

legacy of kain

crash bandicoot

oddworld

tomba

journey

DLC NEEDED!

nuf said

+ Nettacki01 on January 19th, 2013 at 7:07 pm said:

So can I just download the characters without getting the game first?

+ Kaddyshacks on January 19th, 2013 at 9:13 pm said:

Man, I cannot wait to play as Kat. Gravity Rush was nearly tied with Journey as my favourite game of last year. Kat’s such an awesome character, and it looks like SuperBot’s really taken care to make her look and play a lot like her Vita iteration.

And Emmett looks good too :P

No seriously, he does. Looks like he was plucked right out of Starhawk. Can’t wait to drop punishment on people’s heads.

+ ishralene09 on January 20th, 2013 at 7:01 am said:

One question, since my PS3 is curently dead I’m going to download the Vita DLC.
Will I be able to use the characters on PS3 as well when I finally get a new one? Thanks.

PAGE 1 2 3