Horizon Zero Dawn

Jan 19

Jan 19

PlayStation Blogcast 059: Devil May Cave

Sid Shuman's Avatar Posted by Director, SIEA Social Media

Subscription Links:

• Download the MP3 here on PS3, PS Vita or PC (Right-Click->Save As)

Ron Gilbert created classics such as The Secret of Monkey Island and Maniac Mansion, cementing his legacy as one of adventure gaming’s founding fathers. On today’s show, Mr. Gilbert graciously joins us for a discussion on the origins of his upcoming PSN release The Cave (on PSN Tuesday!), the state of adventure gaming after the success of The Walking Dead, and a host of other fascinating topics. This one’s a can’t miss! We also lay out next week’s PSN releases for January 22nd, 2013, delve into new listener voicemails, discuss Ninja Theory’s new opus DmC Devil May Cry, share our all-time favorite gaming collector’s editions and much more. Listen in and let us know what you think!

Send us questions and tips: blogcast@playstation.sony.com

Official PlayStation.Blogcast - Sid ShumanOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast - Nick SuttnerOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast: Aram JabbariOfficial PlayStation Blogcast: Ron Gilbert

The Cast

Add Your Own

Undrey said:

January 19th, 7:16 am

Wow, came on the blog at the right time!

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

January 19th, 7:23 am

^_^ Sorry for the delay, now that PSN maintenance is complete, just getting caught up here!

Fardeenah said:

January 19th, 7:33 am

hey guys why are u not allowed to talk abt ps plus stuff that will be available on monday? it would have been awesome if u could give us in exclusivity what are the new ps plus instant collection or deals on the podcast and preview it would have been awesomeee… waiting for monday kinda sucks…. love the podcast!

Boyanime010 said:

January 19th, 7:36 am

I Want Dark Cloud 2 on the Playstation Store! Give me more JRPGS

Boyanime010 said:

January 19th, 7:37 am

Sony! Please give us Dark Cloud 2 & take our money!!! :)

Boyanime010 said:

January 19th, 7:38 am

Give Us more JRPGS & take our money haha :)

Elvick_ said:

January 19th, 7:49 am

Ponyo. Ponyo is the one you were going for. And it wasn’t the last Ghibli film, Secret World of Arietty (sp?) was.

I’d rather have an HD Collection of Dark Cloud personally… but I’ll take what we get. Also, Wild Arms 3 and on please. :D

snakeeyes211 said:

January 19th, 8:21 am

It took this long for the maintenance just because they needed to add PayPal ?? :-/

DarkOne_PR said:

January 19th, 8:22 am

wow took sony long enough… totally ruined my Dark Souls co op

Robbie_G_lrish said:

January 19th, 9:42 am

@7 They added PayPal? That’s awesome actually.

TomHoang said:

January 19th, 9:48 am

Haha, Sid, you actually pronounced Studio Ghibli correctly. It’s pronounced “ji-bli” as opposed to “gi-bli.” Anyone who studies Japanese can confirm this.

TwiztidPsycho420 said:

January 19th, 10:00 am

i know this is completely unrelated to the topic, but i didnt see anywhere else to put it! are we gonna have to wait til tuesday for the store update for nuketown zombies? or is it gonna be up asap cuz the maintenance is finished?
sorry again for verring off topic! i would like to know though! :)

boomstickbhg said:

January 19th, 10:14 am

Thank you for finally confirming that there will be a day one digital release for No Ni Kuni!!!

Good stuff keep it up.

Onvertic said:

January 19th, 10:42 am

Hey guys what happened to the ps mobile game I’m Gonna Be God of The Forest? It was mentioned in a blogcast but it never appeared on the store.

MakiKurrino said:

January 19th, 10:47 am

Hey Sid, first time commenting, Love the show! anyways, I have a question;

Any Idea how big the file for Ni No Kuni will be? I’d like to know so I can have plenty of space for it on Tuesday!

Akibara12 said:

January 19th, 10:48 am

No Rey in this episode again? Guess I’ll just listen to you guys. On another note, where do we report firmware issues or bugs? I’m currently having a minor issue with my vita after the 2.02 update. I have only used one wallpaper on multiple tabs on the vita since the update. Now each time I browse through the tabs, the same wallpaper I’ve used on all the tabs keeps refreshing. The previous firmwares has never done that before. Will there be a fix on the next update?

hrfuknstuf said:

January 19th, 11:13 am

Great interview with Ron Gilbert; Aram sounded a little starstruck! :) Sounds like the cave’s gonna be a lot of fun; light platforming included in an adventure game sounds like the perfect match. Keep up the good work!

sciteach said:

January 19th, 12:17 pm

first time to listen to the podcast. I want to hear it on my vita. is there any way this could be downloaded by the store someday? seems like an additional step to get it to my PC, then transfer. I know, first world problems, right?

Kchow23 said:

January 19th, 12:20 pm

Minor feedback but these mashup of two game titles for the blogcast are a bit cheesy if not uninspired. Overall a very good episode this week! I think Jabbari might’ve been the missing piece to the blogcast puzzle… keep it up :)

BlueBl1zzard said:

January 19th, 1:07 pm

@sciteach

If you come to this page using your Vita’s internet browser and click the link ——> “Download the MP3 here on PS3, PS Vita or PC (Right-Click->Save As”) at the top of this page, you can save this directly to your vita and listen to it, no PC required :)

Ryumoau said:

January 19th, 2:52 pm

Glad to hear Ni No Kuni will be a day 1 digital game. Wish it had a Plus discount. That would make up for the lack of rpgs offered by plus.

The Cave also sounds interesting.

Ryumoau said:

January 19th, 2:54 pm

@3 i’d like an HD remake of Dark Cloud 2. Don’t waste time remaking the first game though, since it was pretty lame. I didn’t like the graphics or story.

sciteach said:

January 19th, 4:10 pm

@bluebl1zzard thanks! great tip for me. i’m new to the vita land.

DonkeyKongKilla said:

January 19th, 5:07 pm

Hooplah!!! haaha… funny… did not make it all through bc honestly, the guest had so much information on his creations but he couldn’t sound anymore unenthusiastic… Great info being said in this post, I will be sending in something via e-mail about the PS blog in general to see your views on it and to see what people have to see, if it’s a good idea or vito it.

aplay-may-cry said:

January 19th, 6:50 pm

I played DmC and Beat it Twice That’s not a Devil may cry game not saying I don’t like this game. It’s Heavenly sword with gun.

purse317 said:

January 19th, 10:22 pm

3 things guys

First DmC was and is awesome buy it

Second why isn’t it being yelled from the rooftops we can use paypal to add to our psn accounts now (sadly not from a ps3 directly but indirectly online at least)

Third if this sale mentioned in the blogcast is as awesome as you say take note of how plus members spend their money on good games on sale.

Undrey said:

January 20th, 6:18 am

How did you NOT suggest Need for Speed Most Wanted for the guy who wanted Vita games? His favourite game is Burnout, also made by Criterion.

Yeah, just listened to it, fell asleep yesterday.

GranpireV said:

January 21st, 1:51 pm

Darn it, that mystery theme was Jeanne D’Arc! I knew it was a PSP RPG, why couldn’t I get that!? :P

GOONJA said:

January 22nd, 7:08 am

question. what does it mean when someone has “legendary” or “pro” under their avatar?
I’ve never heard any of your guys podcasts, but i’m intrigued.about to listen to it this afternoon. my buddy turned me onto it. thanks PSN