Star Wars Battlefront

Jan 29

Bayonetta Bewitches PSN Today

Aaron Webber's Avatar Posted by Aaron Webber on Jan 29, 2013 // Associate Brand Manager, Sega of America

It’s been a good month for Platinum Games and SEGA titles. Just a few weeks ago saw the release of Anarchy Reigns on PS3; later today will mark the digital release of one of the finest action games ever created. Bayonetta is coming to PSN!

If you have yet to try this iconic action game from the mind of director Hideki Kamiya, your time has come as Bayonetta is debuting at $19.99. Of course, Bayonetta truly shines when you see it in action. So here’s a trip back to the year 2010, when a certain Launch Trailer was just arriving…

Bayonetta is the story of the last remaining member of an ancient clan called the Umbra Witches, a group that has kept the balance between light, dark, and chaos for hundreds of years. Bayonetta awakens after 500 years of sleep to find herself in a world she no longer recognizes, with no clues to her past or how she got where she is.

Her awakening sparks a chain of events that soon reaches cataclysmic proportions. And with a 500 year-old war setting the background of the game and the lines of good and evil blurring fast, Bayonetta needs to discover the secrets of her past and work towards securing her future.

At the core of the game is an amazingly deep combat system, and Bayonetta comes well equipped for battle: wielding four pistols (collectively known as Scarborough Fair) and utilising her infamous fighting style – the ‘bullet arts’ – she’s one big, bad witch you don’t want to make angry.

If you haven’t played Bayonetta and you like action games, I implore you: don’t miss this one. Of course, since I work at SEGA my opinion may be a bit biased, so I’ll leave it to the tried and true fans in the comments to back me up on this.

Hit me up with any questions you have in the comments, and I’ll do my best (as always) to respond to as many as possible. Thanks as always, loyal PlayStation.Blog readers – we hope you’ll enjoy your trip back to Vigrid!

PAGE 1 2 3

+ YungShep on January 29th, 2013 at 1:26 pm said:

@65 plug your ps vita usb plug into the ps3 and go to content manager on the ps vita select which format your gonna take off the ps3 and BOOM! transfer in process….simple and sweet!

looking forward to the digital release of Bayonetta..fingers crossed we get the sequel at some point..

+ Aaron Webber on January 29th, 2013 at 1:45 pm said:

Thanks for helping out comment 65!

+ Cloud_X1 on January 29th, 2013 at 2:02 pm said:

really good game, but the ps3 version still has terrible screen tearing. i heard if your tv has a 120hz or higher it will fix it, i was going to try it on the ps 3d display, but i returned it because of defective screen and left speaker, so idk.

+ Chanerooo on January 29th, 2013 at 2:10 pm said:

Haven’t played it… yet. Happy to see this one!

BTW, I don’t like to beg, but please, please, PLEASE make a Valkyria Chronicles collection, with both VC2 and VC3!! (or at least, a downloadable PS3 version) The first Valkyria Chronicles is one of the best game EVER!

+ Aaron Webber on January 29th, 2013 at 6:31 pm said:

Glad you enjoyed both Bayonetta and Valkyria Chronicles!

I don’t have any word on a collection, but it’s great to always see such a fantastic reception to those games, even years later.

+ YungShep on January 29th, 2013 at 2:25 pm said:

Aaron is a pretty cool rep for Sega, i applaud the replies he’s giving to everyone! even gave me one, haha. dont comment on this one! xD

+ Aaron Webber on January 29th, 2013 at 6:32 pm said:

Thanks! Don’t worry, I definitely won’t reply to this com– shoot.

+ BeerManMike on January 29th, 2013 at 1:34 pm said:

Nice! Love me some PG games! I beat, sold then rebought Bayonetta, have to have it in my collection. It has the best fighting system in the genre, no one has came close to it yet, pure genius!

+ Aaron Webber on January 29th, 2013 at 1:46 pm said:

Glad to hear you loved Bayonetta! I agree on the fighting system.

+ jimmyfoxhound on January 29th, 2013 at 1:35 pm said:

I own Yakuza, Yakuza 2, Yakuza 3 (two copies), Yakuza 4 (two copies) and Yakuza: Dead Souls (two copies)… why two copies? Because I wanted to do everything I could to support them and let Sega know I wanted more of these games.. yet no Yakuza 5 this year… :_: it hurts man… oh well. I wish we didn’t get any videogame info from Japan because the amount of games I’ve missed out on over the years is just painful! I even tried to learn Japanese so maybe I could import some but it was just too hard to learn.. Ughh.. Sega you tease..

+ Aaron Webber on January 29th, 2013 at 1:47 pm said:

I wish all our Yakuza fans were like you!

+ Guimace on January 29th, 2013 at 1:37 pm said:

Dear Sega, any chance we see more Sega Vintage classics on PSN? Examples:

Sonic 3 and Knuckles
Golden Axe 2 and 3
Streets of Rage 1 and 3
Shining Force 1 and 2
Shining in the Darkness
Phantasy Star II and IV

A few of them are on the other gaming service, but aren’t on PSN. Bring them over, please!

Also, some Saturn and Dreamcast titles would be very welcome.

Virtua Fighter 3TB (DC)
Skies of Arcadia (DC)
Dragon Force (Saturn)

If I’m not mistaken they’re all first-party Sega titles.

+ Aaron Webber on January 29th, 2013 at 1:49 pm said:

For the Vintage Classics – Those are all first-party SEGA titles. I haven’t heard anything on them being released, but I’ll pass on the note to our digital team to let them know there’s interest!

You’re a Skies of Arcadia fan, too? Good stuff. :)

+ ShariusTC on January 29th, 2013 at 1:38 pm said:

i will rebuy valkyria and DMC4 if they release the digital version WITH TROPHY PATCH, dammit, from the day MGS4 release trophy patch i alway hope those two game will have them as well someday

+ Aaron Webber on January 29th, 2013 at 1:50 pm said:

Most days I wish I could create a big red “ADD TROPHIES” button to push for Valkyria Chronicles. I haven’t heard any word on them being added, but we have noted (for some time) the many requests from people to find some way to incorporate them.

+ bbilenko on January 29th, 2013 at 2:23 pm said:

Sorry this is a little off topic… but when will Asura’s Wrath be on PSN?

+ Aaron Webber on January 29th, 2013 at 6:31 pm said:

This one, I don’t know – sorry! (I’m a SEGA guy, not a Sony guy.) You might want to try asking the PS staff on one of the general PS store update blogs, or the devs / publisher!

+ megamixer on January 29th, 2013 at 2:26 pm said:

After some thought I do have a question about this release since I intend on picking up a digital copy at some point. Will the PSN version come with the patch prepackaged into the game? Or will people have to download the patch after downloading, installing & booting the game up? I’d hope it isn’t the latter option… :x

+ Aaron Webber on January 29th, 2013 at 6:33 pm said:

I do believe it’s all pre-packaged in there. I’ll confirm with our PD team right now – it’s a little late so may be tomorrow morning before I have the answer, but by then other commenters should be able to confirm too!

+ ZigNoff on January 29th, 2013 at 2:40 pm said:

So.. So… the comment from when Bioshock 2 was put on PSN just flew right over your guys head huh?

So, I could either ONE buy a digital copy of the game, with no case, no book, no disc, of a game which is even still mostly messed up and bad port for 20 bucks.

OR I could walk down to gamestop, and buy it used for like 8 bucks, or 10 dollars NEW? and have a physical copy?

Do you guys BOTHER to think for even a MOMENT about the pricing before you attempt to make yourselves look like morons? You it’s like Jim Sterling said the biggest people stopping games from going completely digital and being accepted is the companies themselves by being morons and unreasonable with their pricing.

+ Aaron Webber on January 29th, 2013 at 6:40 pm said:

I think everyone is in different situations. Not everyone is in walking distance of a Gamestop – in some cases, spending $5-10 on gas and an hour to get there and back already takes people over the $19.99 price tag. As an example, I used to live in a small part of Missouri, and it was about 45 minutes of driving time just for me to get to the closest Gamestop and back.

Further though, it’s a digital copy, so you get the advantage of having it permanently bound to your account. If your disc scratches, breaks, is eaten by Cthulhu, etc – you’ll have to go buy a new one, which won’t happen to a digital copy. I haven’t had many issues with discs doing that in my PS3, but there are some people out there who prefer having that peace of mind and knowing they can re-download it any time.

As an aside (and this may vary depending on your local store), Bayonetta on PS3 is actually $14.99 used or $19.99 new on the Gamestop website:

So, those points in mind, hopefully there’s not too much concern regarding the price!

+ clupula668 on January 29th, 2013 at 2:53 pm said:

Thanks for the reply, Aaron. I forgot to mention I’ve also managed to platinum Bayonetta. Non-stop climax was such a challenge without witch time.

As for Yakuza, as I said, I buy them first day, pre-order and everything, because I love the series. The one obstacle I’ve found with introducing people to 4 and Dead Souls is that they say they want to play 1 & 2 first and then ask me if those are on PS3. The HD Collection would be the perfect solution to that, even if you released as separate PSN downloads, I think it’d be worth it and a great way to get people into the series. I mean, look at how well Okami HD is doing for Capcom…

I love that they contain those video summaries of the earlier games and I have tried to explain that to people, but most of the not (yet) fans I know say they would much rather start from the beginning and play them in order.

Either way, I’ll keep supporting the series and doing my best to hype it for my friends and fans of my music, but really, I can’t imagine that you guys wouldn’t want to keep the franchise going in the West. It’s not a million-seller, obviously, but it does have enough of a cult following here that I hope it’s profitable for you.

+ Aaron Webber on January 29th, 2013 at 6:45 pm said:

No worries, thanks also for your reply back! Congrats on the Platinum Bayonetta Trophy.

Like you mentioned, Yakuza 3 and 4 both have videos showcasing what happened in the previous games. It’s a really great way for people to catch up on all the key points that they may have missed by jumping into the series with 4 or Dead Souls. (Although, given how different 4 is from Dead Souls, I’d personally recommend starting with 3/4 and then jumping into Dead Souls.) But point taken that some gamers out there want the full experience – I can see where they’re coming from.

Ultimately, thanks for supporting the series – fans like you are what keep games like Yakuza alive, and we really appreciate it.

+ stevelvl on January 29th, 2013 at 3:01 pm said:

save 5 bucks and just go to gamestop and pick up a used copy for 14.99

+ Aaron Webber on January 29th, 2013 at 6:47 pm said:

There are advantages on both sides – I’m personally a stickler for getting my games new (I don’t know why, but the term “used” has always kind of turned me off). But in both cases, whether you’re getting a disc copy or a digital copy, we hope you’ll enjoy it!

+ inFAMOUS-787 on January 29th, 2013 at 3:06 pm said:

Correct me if im wrong but this game had more problems than just load times on PS3….. save ya money PS Nation

+ Aaron Webber on January 29th, 2013 at 6:50 pm said:

The patch addressed a good chunk of the issues that were mentioned / seen at launch. At $19.99, it’s an experience well worth it – but you don’t have to take my word for it…

+ aznxchunky on January 29th, 2013 at 3:27 pm said:

I too would love to see VC digital, I would be more than willing to rebuy and visit Gallia and see Isara again. I know it’s a pipe dream, I still hold faint hope that one day I can play VCIII in english

+ Aaron Webber on January 29th, 2013 at 6:51 pm said:

Now I think I’m going to go home and fire up VC1 again. The Isara figurine on my desk agrees that this is a good idea.

Thanks for supporting the VC series, Aznxchunky!

+ PrinceofXIII on January 29th, 2013 at 3:30 pm said:

The Queen is BACK!!!!

with the rumoured Ringedge 4 by Sega Arcade.

i cannot wait for Virtua Fighter 6 for the 20th Anniversary :)

also can we get some of your old games on PSN Like:

Virtua Fighter 4 Final Tuned, Jet Set Radio Future, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Phantom Dust, Gunvalkyrie,

Shinobi/Kunoichi, Shenmue HD Collection,

Valkyria Chronicles, Skies of Arcadia, Phantasy Star, Shining, Streets of Rage,

awesome stuff Sega!

+ Aaron Webber on January 29th, 2013 at 6:53 pm said:

Whew, you’re a hardcore SEGA fan! You named off a lot of my favorite series / games there.

For a while I thought I was the only one who enjoyed Panzer Dragoon Orta. :)

+ GMFCO311 on January 29th, 2013 at 3:33 pm said:

People are so rude commenting on these forums, it might help them next time by actually reading some of the comments before they spew hate on something they are not fully informed on!

+ Aaron Webber on January 29th, 2013 at 6:54 pm said:

Ah, no worries! People are passionate, but I appreciate that regardless of their opinions, they’re dedicated enough to come by and leave a comment or two.

+ Mecha_Sonic_75 on January 29th, 2013 at 3:35 pm said:

Thatnks, SEGA! Now, of all the Dreamcast remkaes being digitally released, Skies of Arcadia is WAY overdue! Especially a remake of the GameCube remake! If anything, this game should be made for the Vita s well as for the PS3. One can’t be a Sky Pirate with the freedom to go whereever we want!

+ MP_is_for_Chumps on January 29th, 2013 at 3:37 pm said:

Bayonetta is infamous in the PS3 community for being they type of game that in the past would of played & ran beautifully on PS3, and would most likely been exclusive – so you can imagine the slap in the face Ps3 users around the time of release felt when it was revealed how poorly it ran compared to the xbox version – who’s main fanbase didn’t even like these type of Japanese games anyway. (sooht-shoot-shoot-yay-Halo!)

The last minute patch was nothing more than damage control, when fan-backlash threatened to sour the overall image of the title. The simple fact is that Platinum Games never thought the PS3 version was worth as much effort as the 360 edition, perhaps because at that time PS3 was still significantly behind xbox in sales.

I got nothing against Arron and Yakuza is my favoruite action-arg this gen, but i gotta call them out on this one – All these guys want is your money from a game that was never originally made to run its best on your console – these guys are just tying to maximize sales from an old game u can now find for less than half the price on ebay.

+ Aaron Webber on January 29th, 2013 at 7:08 pm said:

No worries, no offense taken. The Xbox crowd might not like being generalized like that, but we’re on the PS blog here, so I think you’re safe. :)

So, noting all of your points, would you have preferred for the game to have simply not released at all? Even if you knew in advance it would be about a 90 Metacritic?

In short, if something was super-mega-awesome but not super-mega-extremely-awesome, would you purposely spite yourself and refuse to enjoy it at all?

I understand the points you’re making, but it feels like a few people are ignoring the fact that at its core, PlatinumGames delivered an absolutely phenomenal game, regardless of platform. This is my opinion, at least – but I respect yours too! :)

+ MP_is_for_Chumps on January 29th, 2013 at 3:38 pm said:

+ Carl-G on January 29th, 2013 at 3:40 pm said:

Cool;) + People who say that multi-platform games on PS3 are inferior than the Xbox 360 versions have just been BRAINWASHED by the hating internet :-/

+ Aaron Webber on January 29th, 2013 at 7:01 pm said:

I should clarify too – I don’t think that’s the case. :) I appreciated the earlier comment about people hating on things without fully knowing why, though – it happens too often, sometimes!

+ kivi95 on January 29th, 2013 at 12:40 pm said:

Too bad I will never be able to play the sequel :(.

+ kivi95 on January 29th, 2013 at 12:40 pm said:

Oh and please Localize Valkyria Chronicles 3!!!!!!!

+ Aaron Webber on January 29th, 2013 at 12:49 pm said:

No news on VCIII, but we appreciate all the Valkyria fans out there. if you know anyone who hasn’t picked up a copy of the original or VCII, you can help the series by spreading the word!

+ Elvick_ on January 29th, 2013 at 12:14 pm said:

You guys at Sega should hae had the faith to fund the sequel yourself. I feel ashamed to be a supporter of a franchise the IP holder has no faith in. Leaving its fans in the dust for a paycheck from another.

For shame.

+ julietecclestone on January 29th, 2013 at 12:23 pm said:

I know it is unrelated but any news on yakuza hd and yakuza 5??

Also bayonetta great game, own this and the other platinum games on disc :)

+ Aaron Webber on January 29th, 2013 at 12:38 pm said:

No news from me, but if you enjoy the Yakuza series, the best thing you can do is to grab a copy of Yakuza 4 / Dead Souls if you haven’t already – every bit helps!

+ TwinDad on January 29th, 2013 at 12:34 pm said:

Platinum thinking that Bayonetta PS3 being they biggest failure bodes pretty well for that developer. It seems to be it’s much like a perfectionist being asked to reveal their biggest flaw. It’s hard to pick just anything.

Skyrim, is a much bigger port fail. It’s is the true black eye. Bayonetta is enjoyable, not perfect, but enjoyable.

+ Heatseeker125 on January 29th, 2013 at 12:41 pm said:

Valkyria Chronicles 2 in Vita store, please, so we don’t have to transfer it over from the PS3 via USB. Valkyria Chronicles 1 in PSN store, please. Everyone please buy VC2 so Sega will bring over #3 to the US. Oh yeah, and Bayonetta the character is fugly.

+ Aaron Webber on January 29th, 2013 at 12:47 pm said:

As mentioned previously, checking into this to see what can be done with VC2 in the Vita store… we’ll see!

+ Edsanji on January 29th, 2013 at 12:57 pm said:

Is really a shame that PS owners will never be able to play the sequel…..

+ sesyjon on January 29th, 2013 at 1:08 pm said:

I already have platinum on this platinum game…ahhh wink wink. xDD

+ Aaron Webber on January 29th, 2013 at 1:11 pm said:

Nice job. ; )

+ Kchow23 on January 29th, 2013 at 12:55 pm said:

What are the chances that we could get a Vanquish sequel or a PS Vita version? One of the most underrated games ever!

+ Aaron Webber on January 29th, 2013 at 1:10 pm said:

No idea on that one… sorry! :) I agree Vanquish could use some more love!

+ brunomello8 on January 29th, 2013 at 1:16 pm said:

Hey Aaron, you’re great man!
Never saw any other admin answering that many questions!
It’s good to see that you’re helping us :D
thanks a lot!

+ Aaron Webber on January 29th, 2013 at 1:23 pm said:

No problem – happy to answer what I can!

+ dustyjack_ on January 29th, 2013 at 12:51 pm said:

+ megamixer on January 29th, 2013 at 11:26 am said:

Protip: Nearly all multi-platform games on PS3 are to some degree “inferior” to their 360 counterparts. Few even get patches to fix any aspect of them. The whining over Bayonetta PS3 is wildly overblown to the extent that I doubt many people even know what they’re crying over.

Complete nonsense and laughable that Aaron praises you for it. The last 2 to 3 years you’re just as likely to see better versions of multiplats on the ps3. Either way the differences are usually negligible. That’s not the case with Bayonetta even after it was patched.
From eurogamer: “Throughout the game the gap in performance is colossal, and pretty much unprecedented,” wrote Richard Leadbetter in Digital Foundry’s Bayonetta face-off in 2009.

Horrific ports like this and skyrim, which i own btw because reviewers never revealed any problems with it, do a ton of damage to public perception of the ps3. To see sony reward that with a psn release is annoying to say the least.

+ TwinDad on January 29th, 2013 at 3:42 pm said:

I know what you mean. I have multiple versions of Phantasy Star II, Phantasy Star II, Toe Jam and Earl, and Skies of Arcadia. I just can’t get rid of the Gamecube as long as I can still play SOA on it.

I’d really really really like the chance to get Skies on a new platform.

+ Aaron Webber on January 29th, 2013 at 7:09 pm said:

I still have my copy of Legends for Gamecube, and bust it out at least once every two years or so.

That, and PSO. But let’s not get started on PSO… :)

+ MP_is_for_Chumps on January 29th, 2013 at 3:48 pm said:

I should also add that there are a lot of PS3 owners (myself included) who since this fiasco happened have refused to support or purchase any game made by Platinum Games since this happened.

Payback can be a b1*ch when the ppl most likely to buy your games are boycotting you because of your money chasing disrespect three years earlier.

…this is also one of the reasons why i think MGS Rising will flop :)

+ Aaron Webber on January 29th, 2013 at 7:12 pm said:

Not to rain on the boycott parade, but… MGS Rising is not being published by SEGA.

It’s fine to hate on us, but please make sure that it’s directed the right way – Konami are nice folks, no need to dislike them!

+ TJF588 on January 29th, 2013 at 7:34 pm said:

How has a Ctrl+F for “save” not shown this question yet…

Are save files from the disc version compatible with the digital version?

(Not that I’ll be getting it for some time; got the disc copy from Amazon for ten bucks a year or two or so ago. Still haven’t dropped back into it, though, heh heh…heh… Get it on PS+, though, and I’ll definitely resort to HDD access over Blu-ray+patch.)

+ Aaron Webber on January 29th, 2013 at 7:50 pm said:

They should be, but good question! I’ll add this to the others I’m confirming with our PD team in the morning.

+ Aaron Webber on January 30th, 2013 at 7:39 pm said:

And confirmed – your save data will work from disc over to your digital copy!

+ TJF588 on January 29th, 2013 at 7:36 pm said:

Oh, and count me in for a digital version of Valkyria Chronicles, a trophy patch for the same, and a digital release of Valkyria Chronicles III.

If we could re-do Bayonetta’s port, that would also be nice, but what of it I did play, it wasn’t so back as to sicken me or anything. I’d have to boot it up again to know my right take on it, though.

+ TJF588 on January 29th, 2013 at 7:39 pm said:

“Virtua Quest II: HD Super Mega Ultimate Remix Card Battle Edition”

Aaand, I’m done checking previous comments tonight. (My lols would multiply tenfold if you activated this trap card, though!)

+ Aaron Webber on January 29th, 2013 at 7:51 pm said:

Haha, I try to keep it entertaining when appropriate. I hope the comments can prove amusing for some of you out there!

+ MP_is_for_Chumps on January 29th, 2013 at 8:10 pm said:

@ Arron

the boycott thing is specifically for games developed by Platinum Games themselves – separate publishers like Sega are fine :) I’m Just saying that for some ppl, Platinum Game’s involvement in any subsequent title is enough reason to disregard that title, just because of the obvious disrespect shown to the PS3 during the development of Bayonetta.

And yes, sometimes you DO have to spite yourself out of a possibly good game if it means demanding RESPECT for your console of choice :) Especially when your console of choice came with a pretty large premium compared to it’s competition :)

But to be honest, in this day & age when there are so many major games coming out, who cares about a poor port of the multiplatform Bayonetta, when you can play the exclusive and superior Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 or the lush Folklore?

+ saab01 on January 29th, 2013 at 8:23 pm said:

Would of been a great game for plus members.

+ Noctis_HD on January 29th, 2013 at 9:07 pm said:

So many praises for Valkyria Chronicles in here. Makes it so tempting to get. =O

+ Aaron Webber on January 30th, 2013 at 7:29 pm said:

If you enjoy RPG’s or strategy games… don’t pass it up! The original is pretty cheap these days too, and well worth it.

+ Hooligantuan on January 29th, 2013 at 9:28 pm said:

I still cannot believe this game ever got made.

+ drGiggless on January 29th, 2013 at 10:09 pm said:

$20 for the worst port to ever release on the PS3? That’s about $19 too high.

+ Alos88 on January 30th, 2013 at 11:55 pm said:

Hi, I was just wondering if Sega had ever considered releasing certain titles digital-only, things they weren’t 100% sure of bringing over like the Yakuza HD Collection and Yakuza 5? I’ve heard it has a few benefits.

+ Alestes on January 31st, 2013 at 2:36 am said:

I would love to see Yakuza 5 and Yakuza HD Collection released in the west, would buy them right away. It’s my favorite PS3 exclusive series, by far.

+ hendfarid on January 31st, 2013 at 11:46 am said:

A great game… Those who missed out the fluid beautiful action in Bayonetta don’t have a reason to remain in the dark… here is your chance to get the fantastic game.

+ Kadeemluvmusic on February 2nd, 2013 at 8:19 pm said:

Thanks for the Bayonetta Digital Release, PSN. I was wondering if there are any updates on the PS4 and the future of Bayonetta.

+ Bloodios on January 30th, 2013 at 1:44 am said:

As a fool who wasted $60 and bought this version of the game day one, I have to say that it was an absolute wreck. Disastrous slowdown everywhere, the screen constantly tears like there was no tomorrow, to point where I feel nauseous, and frame rate fluctuates like crazy. By the way, did I mention the horribly downgraded textures? Yes, there was a patch, which I foolishly believed would somehow eliminate all the problems the game has. And what did I find out? The patch only added an option to install a portion of the game into the HDD, speeds up loading times. The screen-tearing issue remains, so does the fluctuation of the frame rate.

Now, after all these years, the game finally arrive on PSN with a price tag of $19.99. I’m sorry, Platinum Games, I know the game you created is great but thank to the other incompetent group’s lazy efforts at porting the game that we got this generation’s worst port ever. Even $9.99 is already asking for too much, this is just a rip-off. Beside, there is no reason to even support the game. Because thank to a certain company, Bayonetta 2 is now being funded by Nintendo and is going to be published by Nintendo. It will be exclusive to Nintendo’s systems for as long as they want!

+ Bloodios on January 30th, 2013 at 2:09 am said:

@111 MP_is_for_Chumps
Yes, Sega is FINE, because all they did was handling the porting of Bayonetta sloppily, and ended up with a disastrous PS3 version as the final product. By all means, blame Platinum Games for not feeling confident enough with their skills at the time and decided to hand everything over to the experienced (read: incompetent) hands of the Sega team. Let’s also ignore the fact that since Bayonetta, all of Platinum Games’ multiplatform project have all been better on the PS3.

Sometimes people just need to wake up, and open their eyes…

+ Bloodios on January 30th, 2013 at 2:10 am said:

The idea of putting Valkyria Chronicles on PSN does sound pretty good. After all, that’s the very least you could do, Sega America, since you refused to bring Valkyria Chronicles III over here. By the way, I get that you don’t want to localize the game but not letting anyone else localize it? Really, you must really enjoy vomiting all over the people who look forward to being able to play the game in English. That’s just like you, hateful to the bitter end.

By the way, what’s the plan for Phantasy Star Online 2, is the Vita version going to be localized? Or do you perhaps find idea of gaining profits and being praised by the community distasteful now? Is it perhaps more exciting to bathe in the hate and disgust that the community feels toward you?

Seriously, what reason is there to support Sega when the company considers its fans non-existent? So, many shattered hopes and bitter disappointments… Will you ever again be as likeable as you once was…

+ Nates4Christ on January 30th, 2013 at 8:42 am said:

YoYo Aaron! How are things going? Ever since our last chat here on the blog on the Sonic All Stars Transformed for Vita post I have been LOVING that game! I can’t wait for your Phantasy Star Online 2 Vita game to come out later this year! And I hear there is a new 3d sonic announcement coming!! I’m already excited for it.

I’ll be looking forward to other sega games in coming. Anyone other games this year that have already been announced?

+ Aaron Webber on January 30th, 2013 at 7:34 pm said:

Thanks Nates! Good to hear from you, and glad you’re enjoying Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed.

PSO2 has only been announced for PC in the west, but I know there are lots of people out there who are excited for it. Hope to see you online when it launches!

As to other SEGA games… who knows what the future holds? Stay tuned!

PAGE 1 2 3