Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward

Jan 29

Jan 29

Soul Sacrifice Out April 30th: Box Art, Pre-order Extras Revealed

Aram Jabbari's Avatar Posted by Public Relations Manager, PlayStation

Since it was announced for North America, and as new assets and details are rolled out to eager fans worldwide, excitement for Soul Sacrifice has only increased. No other title for PlayStation Vita combines the same frantic real-time combat, thrilling sense of scale, smartly interwoven cooperative multiplayer, or meaningful character customization… Not to mention the contributions of legends of gaming like designer Keiji Inafune or composer Yasunori Mitsuda and Wataru Hokoyama.

For weeks, fans have asked for more info about the game’s North American release, wanting a final date and box art, and details about possible pre-order extras. Finally, those questions can be answered!

Soul Sacrifice for PS Vita launches in stores and via PlayStation Network on April 30th, 2013. As for the box art, it is essentially the same as that which Japanese fans will proudly display on their shelves (or pedestals, if you’re a pedestal kind of person):

Soul Sacrifice on PS Vita

Fans who pre-order Soul Sacrifice will receive an exclusive pack of in-game content — it will not be sold anywhere else!

• Two (2) Unique Costumes with which players can customize their character
  • Three (3) Magic Items to aid players in battle:
  • Spirits’ Flamepike – Shards of the spear provided by Fire spirits, unleashing a five hit combo attack with heat effects
  • Spirits’ Blightstone – Explosive stones with poison effects provided by the spirits
  • Spirits’ Fulgurwood – Root provided by the Thunder spirits. Tracks enemies on the ground and attacks with thunder spell

Soul Sacrifice on PS Vita

There’s more! Do you prefer to play with Japanese audio tracks whenever possible? You might want to pre-order…

Reserve Soul Sacrifice and, in addition to the in-game costume & item bundle, you’ll also receive the Japanese voice-over pack for free. This pack will be sold separately, but the only way to get it right at launch for no added cost is to pre-order!

Thrilled to finally be able to reveal a release date to his North American fans, Project Lead Keiji Inafune had this to say:

I’m excited that we are finally able to announce the release date of Soul Sacrifice. I have put all my passion and soul into the game’s concept and my talented team has made an incredible effort to create the best game it could ever be. I’m confident that we’ve created an extremely engaging game that you will enjoy playing.

The game has become nothing like any other game with an original and deep world settings which could only be possible in a dark fantasy environment. I’m looking forward to you being able to experience the unique adventure of real heroism in Soul Sacrifice. Immerse yourself in the world of Soul Sacrifice and have fun playing it!

Keiji Inafune, Conceptor and CEO – comcept, Inc.

Soul Sacrifice on PS VitaSoul Sacrifice on PS Vita

There’s plenty left to share and reveal for Soul Sacrifice… Keep coming back to PS.Blog for more updates!

Add Your Own

TheSporkWithin said:

January 29th, 9:42 am

I actually think that having the voice over as a separate download is a pretty great idea, especially for people who opt for the digital version. If you don’t want the Japanese audio you can save a few hundred megabytes of space.

xClayMeow said:

January 29th, 9:42 am

@44 Soul Sacrifice is a co-op game…that other character you feel is pointless on the box art is a second player character, showing that two players are battling the enemy on the screen. Could the artist have done with just one player character? Sure, but one of the selling points of the game is the co-op, so it makes sense to have two.

angibri2000 said:

January 29th, 9:42 am

This is what I’m talking about Sony. Vita needs games like this built from the ground up for it. Day 1 purchase for me! Who needs RE: Revelations when we have this!

Sevyne said:

January 29th, 9:43 am

I’m not interested in the JP Voice Track myself, but if this becomes a trend then I want nothing to do with it. It’s just not right for those who prefer it. It’s always been something that we either didn’t get or it was already included with the game. Charging for stuff that should be included to begin with is just dirty.

ChizFreak said:

January 29th, 9:43 am

DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO

PLEASE!

PBrudz said:

January 29th, 9:43 am

Any chance of those preorder items being available with a PSN preorder?

Juelz345 said:

January 29th, 9:52 am

Now i personally don’t care for or want the Jap voice track, but that’s just dirty to charge for that (and no, making it a pre-order bonus doesn’t make up for that). I get the skins and items, they’ll intice some folks to pre-order but don’t fundamentaly change the game expeirnce. But the voice track…that’s kind of a biggie for people who like their Japanese games to sound…japanese. O well, i’ll still buy it day one if they release a demo beore launch and i like it.

Juelz345 said:

January 29th, 9:54 am

@51 making it a seperate download is fine, and smart for the reason you said. But making it paid DLC if you don’t pre-order…not cool.

aim0n_333 said:

January 29th, 9:54 am

Will it be available as a twin pack? The buy two copies for a discounted price thing.

MaxSterling85 said:

January 29th, 9:57 am

I’d like to purchase a 2nd PS Vita and saw the RED one that comes as a bundle with Soul Sacrifice in Japan as well as a 2nd code so you could play your friends, headphones, pouch,memory card, and my favorite the lanyard/carry strap. Any chance of this bundle coming Stateside?

MegamiTensei13 said:

January 29th, 10:00 am

I wanted this game but i’m not supporting the japanese voice preorder tactic , Also do a Special Limited Edition with the soundtrack and other goodies

CatatonicAlex said:

January 29th, 10:01 am

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE RED PS VITA BUNDLE!?!?!?!
Will that be sold in the US?

FearMonkey said:

January 29th, 10:08 am

wtf? now we’re at the point where dual-audio is a pre-order bonus? Seriously? I do not like this direction at all. >_<

Butters360 said:

January 29th, 10:12 am

THAT, is one SEXY piece of box art!

XtemmA2 said:

January 29th, 10:14 am

Japanese track had different license,
thus having both english and japanese track should be more expensive.

enano_javi said:

January 29th, 10:16 am

Oh my God…. *I faint from so much hype*

And a release in April? Even better! I now have time to enjoy Tomb Raider in march!!!

Any news for a demo in the US PSN store, maybe a month before release? :P

Christian399 said:

January 29th, 10:19 am

I have no interest in a physical Vita card. There should be some incentive for digital preorders. Aram, will there even BE a digital preorder option? I hope so.

RychussNik said:

January 29th, 10:22 am

AW MAN! CAN’T WAIT!

From_Concentrate said:

January 29th, 10:24 am

Looks like i have to make a pitstop on the way to work to pre-order. Nice to see a release date and it can’t come soon enough.

YungShep said:

January 29th, 10:30 am

my only wish……its at least 30 hours long…..ill settle for 15 hours, but 30 would be grand!

either way, STOKED its releasing in April gives me ample time to enjoy God of War:Ascension.

LABARONX said:

January 29th, 10:31 am

this is the game that turns everything around

OvertechBroch said:

January 29th, 10:31 am

Not happy about the JP voice track as a pre-order bonus. I only buy games digitally for Vita, so I’ll be pretty mad if this isn’t available to those who buy off PSN.

LABARONX said:

January 29th, 10:32 am

@70 i’ve heard it’s multiple characters, and multi endings to the story…. plus co-op

should be quite beefy in content

CaptT said:

January 29th, 10:34 am

Really looking forward to this one. But want to get it as a Download from the PSN store. Hoping that the pre order bonus is applicable to downloads as well. I know they have the PS3 pre orders, will we have that option for this title on our Vita?

boxmyth said:

January 29th, 10:36 am

Wow to the Japanese voice over pre-order bonus. That kind of scares me and sets a bad precedent (especially for RPG makers). Hope it doesn’t become a trend.

Firelogic said:

January 29th, 10:38 am

Not really sure why people are appalled that the Japanese audio track is being offered as a pre-order bonus. If the japanese audio is important to you and you don’t want to pay for it, pre-order. If it’s not important to you, then forget about it.

This option is infinitely better than not having a choice at all. There is absolutely nothing about this bonus to complain about.

Aram Jabbari's Avatar

Aram Jabbari said:

January 29th, 11:57 am

Firelogic,

We’re trying to understand it as well. We really appreciate commenters sharing negative feedback to actually go into detail as to why they’ve taken their stance.

Just because the Japanese audio track is already recorded and produced does not mean it is devoid of cost for release in other territories. Every project is different, so it isn’t necessarily an argument of nothing or this. Still, faced with other less desirable scenarios, this really did seem like a reasonable arrangement for eager fans of the game and we’d greatly appreciate a better understanding as to why people are disapproving.

Thanks.

YungShep said:

January 29th, 10:38 am

@73 sweet! i’ve been keeping away from all the news on it. but now i should do a little more research

arnoldmcguire335 said:

January 29th, 10:41 am

Just to ask, will the game also be available in a bundle like Japan will have? Because I will get for the Cosmic Red PSVita and the game itself!

gus_xl said:

January 29th, 10:43 am

Looks great. I just hope that a demo comes out before the game does, so I can get all the pre-order stuff when I know I want it.

felipeUmbra said:

January 29th, 10:46 am

Hi guys, what about price? bucks for digital version would be expensive, When will we can play the demo?

JROD0823 said:

January 29th, 10:47 am

It’s just too bad that we don’t get the same sweet Soul Sacrifice Vita bundle that Japan is getting.

Aram, maybe you could explain to the fine folks on this blog as to why this seems to be the case on many occasions, where Japan and Europe get to buy these awesome Vita and PS3 bundles, or even just have more options for console colors in general than we do, and why we are expected to just continually take the neglect and inequity in stride?

Aram Jabbari's Avatar

Aram Jabbari said:

January 29th, 12:03 pm

JROD0823,

Bundles are often available in some territories and not others for a variety of reasons: licensing, projected sales/profitability, disparity of title/franchise popularity across territories, etc.

Neglect or malicious inequity don’t factor into the equation!

Fardeenah said:

January 29th, 10:49 am

will we get a demo for the game???

Dark_Rezo said:

January 29th, 10:52 am

No plans for a Ps3 port? uu

ps_n_blog_ac said:

January 29th, 10:57 am

i’m really interested in buying this game can’t wait

**************
*Questions *
**************
1) Is there a class system like demon/dark souls (if there is, is there a cleric/healer i’m a healer type person in RPG’s :D )

2) how big is the world/story? is it Linear or open?

3) How is the combat (i saw a demo on youtube but wasn’t that informative)

4) is there lot’s of variety in weapon, magic, elements, etc.

bldudas said:

January 29th, 11:05 am

This game looks good.

And why the complaints about the Japanese audio? At least we are getting it in some form or another. Unlike a certain other game that only has a partial English dub and no Japanese dub coming out in March.

Detsuahxe said:

January 29th, 11:14 am

I am now forced to not purchase this game at all, because I refuse to support exclusive DLC, and even moreso, the choice to make what should be a standard feature (dual audio) a piece of paid DLC. This genuinely saddens me, because I was really looking forward to this game, as the Vita’s library is still amazingly scarce.

miaw25 said:

January 29th, 11:17 am

Seeing offers like this has always been tempting.
However, I have a suggestion if you would like to hear me.
As this is also coming to the PS Store as digital download,
why don`t make it as digital pre-order too?
Well, if that wont be a hassle and if my comment will be heard.

miky_magawolaz said:

January 29th, 11:24 am

Voice Over DLC?

Lol

Rainwater said:

January 29th, 11:26 am

Without reading the comments to see if anyone makes this request, I have to plead: please release a demo of this game for U.S. Preferably before the game launches.

Rainwater said:

January 29th, 11:28 am

Also, Sony, please let us digitally pre-order this game.

RidleysBox said:

January 29th, 11:34 am

Voice over as a FREE DLC is fine, saves space on a memory card, but paid voice overs? No way I would support a game that does that. It’s as bad as companies that charge for DLC pre-installed onto the game discs.

Elvick_ said:

January 29th, 12:00 pm

My thoughts on the Japanese audio being DLC depend on the price. If it ends up being more than $1 it is a ripoff. Honestly, it should just be free DLC. Period. If the issue was not having enough space on the cart. If it wasn’t then it should just be in the game.

Won’t stop me from buying, but I hope this isn’t a growing trend with Sony.

Pabloo1010 said:

January 29th, 12:08 pm

I need to get a Vita!

Belzac said:

January 29th, 12:11 pm

Is there any word on if we’ll be getting a translated version of the demo before release? It’s one of the best demos for a game I’ve played in my life and the added benefit of being able to transfer progress from the demo to the full game is great too.

It’s a great way to get some extra sales from people who don’t know what this game is and don’t want to take the effort to look up any press material. They can just grab the demo and give it a try.

Spud_Commando said:

January 29th, 12:14 pm

Any information on when the demo will be released in North America or Europe?

APA_ZAROZO said:

January 29th, 12:14 pm

So… When is the Demo, coming up? I wanna try it out, before deciding if I should buy it..

Erza_Scarlet said:

January 29th, 12:21 pm

Soul Sacrifice will have online and online trophies?

YungShep said:

January 29th, 12:23 pm

@83 nope nope and nope…so join us.

gemuvan said:

January 29th, 12:23 pm

This spoiled my day… I thought it comes in March… T___T…. And those crappy “nowhere else” DLC… T___T…. You guys know how spoil aura created by Inafune-san =((((… Somehow I feel betrayed.

Kchow23 said:

January 29th, 12:23 pm

Could you guys stop teasing ads? and please make more ads that actually show gameplay since God of War is such a gorgeous looking game. Anyway, any ETA on the demo for Soul Sacrifice? I am unsure if this is my kind of game but it certainly looks cool :)