Driveclub

The Last of Us is Coming in June

Neil Druckmann's Avatar + Posted by Neil Druckmann on Feb 13, 2013 // Creative Director, Naughty Dog

The Last of Us for PS3

The Last of Us is an ambitious project. In many ways it may be Naughty Dog’s most ambitious project to date – brand new universe and cast of characters, brand new tech, brand new genre, not to mention it’s easily the longest campaign Naughty Dog has ever made.

As we entered the final phase of development for The Last of Us, we came to realize just how massive Joel and Ellie’s journey is. But instead of cutting corners or compromising our vision, we came to the tough decision that the game deserved a few extra weeks to ensure every detail of The Last of Us was up to Naughty Dog’s internal high standards.

As a team we pride ourselves on setting a very high quality bar for every aspect of our games – gameplay, story, art, design, technology and more. We want to make sure The Last of Us raises that bar even further – for ourselves, and most importantly, for you, our fans.

The extra wait will be very short and your patience will be rewarded. Update your calendars. You won’t even have to change seasons. The Last of Us will be available June 14th, 2013. Until then, know that we will be working extremely hard to deliver an experience that matches your high expectations.

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ meltron69 on February 15th, 2013 at 4:12 am said:

Take all the time you need ND! You and Rockstar Games are the best developers in the industry imo. Can’t wait for your next masterpiece. Also thank you, that you’ll keep Uncharted 3 fresh like you promised us. See you online!

+ roccolou on February 15th, 2013 at 4:13 am said:

Good job Naughty Dog. It shows there is a developer that cares about quality, and consideration for the gamers expectations. Sometimes it is as though developers just rush unfinished product to the market and deal with the after effect.

+ Deathcore21 on February 15th, 2013 at 4:26 am said:

I buy the withe edition just for this game! So don’t worry! Polish this baby!

+ TheNatureRoy on February 15th, 2013 at 7:13 am said:

Has there been confirmation of a digital release for The Last of Us? My PS3’s Blu-ray drive is no longer functional, but I have my fingers crossed for a day one PSN release.

+ passivefamiliar on February 15th, 2013 at 7:27 am said:

Are we getting a day1digital preorder bonus through psn? I want this, but i want to know if psn gets any discount/bonus for buying digital? I want to support sony and the online game library. But…shame of it is sometimes stores just have to good of a deal to get digital. Although i’ll avoid gamestop at all costs. Digital buys for the win.

+ Welmosca on February 15th, 2013 at 8:11 am said:

Easily the longest campaign Naughty Dog has ever made???…are you serious?…God that makes me the happiest person on earth….now I’m even more excited with TLoU…take your time ND and make a superb game like you always do.Its the team of UC2 what we’re talking about here…for sure its going to be something worthy of the name:Masterpiece from Heavens.

+ A-man9531 on February 15th, 2013 at 9:03 am said:

I have been waiting for this game for so long but I think I can wait a little longer to enjoy the benifits.
( if it doesn’t blow my mind I think I might go phyico:)

+ F4TAL035 on February 15th, 2013 at 9:34 am said:

Man, I wish I could internationally advertise false release dates for months and not lose my job! What a joke. Oh well, my sixty bucks are already in you’re pocket… I don’t suppose there’s a, “fast-pass” line?

+ F4TAL035 on February 15th, 2013 at 9:35 am said:

Your* pocket.

+ ToSmooth93 on February 15th, 2013 at 10:35 am said:

are we still getting a demo if we get God of War

+ PrinceofXIII on February 16th, 2013 at 1:24 am said:

i don’t mind the delay :D

+ RandomDemonGear on February 16th, 2013 at 3:59 am said:

This is by far the most ambitious looking game I have ever seen, and I’m pretty avid in the gaming industry. I’m sure the extra time they need will make this game as refined as it deserves to be. Naughty Dog is the best company out there, and I know for sure they know what they are doing. Just do us a favor, do more pre-orders for Post-Pandemic Edition so I can give you my $160.

+ tosyn_88 on February 17th, 2013 at 10:58 am said:

I have been a Naughty Dog fan since Crash Bandicoot on the PS1, not turning back now, especially when it involves a game that is ready to re-define a genre

+ Cizne86 on February 17th, 2013 at 10:28 pm said:

Pretty weird release date. A Friday?? Hmmm well see what happens

+ SenXP on February 18th, 2013 at 3:47 am said:

hmm on the one hand… take all the time you need on the other hand
I CAN´T WAIT ! !! ! ;)

Good it´s a friday though.
Naughty Dog kicks ass :D

Greetings from Germany

Sen

+ StrykeHope on February 18th, 2013 at 12:15 pm said:

I actually like the approach you are taking. With all of the glitchy games that have been rushed to be released, like “Assassin’s Creed 3″, and the notorious “Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness” from back in the day, I’d rather wait more time and get a product that will please me more than frustrate me. You guys have been awesome since the PSX, and I just added Uncharted 2 and 3 to my collection, so keep up the great work!

+ SANDMAN181314 on February 18th, 2013 at 7:08 pm said:

yea thats was up take all they time you need anyways gives more time to payoff =)

+ DarkPrince316 on February 19th, 2013 at 5:22 am said:

Hey Eric, I know this is about The Last of Us but can you tell us any news about a Jak IV or maybe a reboot. i would rather have a Jak IV first because Jak 3 was a cliffhanger and if u seen Sly 4 and how amazing it did could u give Mass Media the chance to make Jak IV since they did the HD Collection so beautifully. it’ll be a shame to bring a company in for an HD Collection and no sequel to Jak 3. As you can see im a Die Hard J&D fan, also is there by chance to make a Crash Bandicoot HD remake by u guys that’ll be very cool to see.

+ A-man9531 on February 19th, 2013 at 8:56 am said:

Any chance you could let us in on the firearms avalible in the game. Atleast a number because what I’ve seen so far would be .357 magnum, 12 guage shotgun, m4 assault rifle, granades, a colt .45, a beretta 92, and a hunting rifle. Now is that all your using or is there more we have not seen yet.

+ exclusiveEXC15 on February 19th, 2013 at 9:54 am said:

Will there be any multiplayer beta for the last of us like uncharted 3 did

+ hekoroko34 on February 19th, 2013 at 5:49 pm said:

i got kind of sad about hearing the delay because the original date was the same date as my birthday. but still the game looks amazing.

+ papaabu1 on February 19th, 2013 at 10:30 pm said:

I love all of Naughty Dog’s games. So far they have one of the best campains and characters. I’m actually pretty sad that it’s coming out later, but at least it’s not that far away… right. I know you guys will make this game one of the most EPIC games ever, and make sure the campaing is long and not cheesy, I’m counting on you Naughty Dog. Can’t wait. And for those who don’t have a PS3, get one or you will miss out on a AMAZING game!!!

+ papaabu1 on February 19th, 2013 at 10:32 pm said:

Well hey, on the bright side they will make it even more EPIC. And Happy early Birthday dude!!!

+ papaabu1 on February 19th, 2013 at 10:33 pm said:

@hekoroko34

+ papaabu1 on February 19th, 2013 at 10:37 pm said:

By the way is there anyway you might come out with a DEMO or BETA like a month before it comes out so that we can crave and this awesome game!!! :)

+ papaabu1 on February 19th, 2013 at 10:38 pm said:

Is there any demo or beta that you guys might realease for us to crave more for this awesome game!!!!!!!!!

+ treklvr98 on February 20th, 2013 at 4:35 pm said:

Hopefully you guys will hit this date…I’ve had it on pre-order since last year! I really, REALLY want this game!!!

+ n9nebraker on February 22nd, 2013 at 12:34 am said:

Extended by a month pft meany bong rips later…..what?

+ OBINATA_KITSUNE on February 24th, 2013 at 8:54 am said:

I Preordered This baby on 12-21-12
The Supposed “End of the world.”
Oh, The Irony. I’m a little saddened but I know you guys have a good reason for holding it off, and I CANNOT WAIT to play through The Last of Us and have some major feels- Which from what I’ve seen of the game I can assume I will have plenty of.

+ BATTENBERG91 on February 24th, 2013 at 2:17 pm said:

Given that this won’t be on the front page of comments I imagine I won’t get a reply from an official party but can anyone confirm what the actual reason is for the delay? I trust ND and all but this statement hasn’t explicitly said that this extra time will be used for development, just implied it. Just wondering if this is actually a marketing issue or Sony interfering in some way because of the PS4.

+ kingj42j on March 2nd, 2013 at 6:09 pm said:

When are we going to see something from the multiplayer

+ Maxies12thid on March 6th, 2013 at 6:29 am said:

Can’t wait for this release! I haven’t been able to find a game I have enjoyed as much as the uncharted series.. My grandsons and I are playing through the uncharted games in the meantime, although I still tell them it isn’t right for them to yell, “take the headshot, Grandma” during the game.. (just doesn’t seem dignified somehow) they are really enjoying it. Thanks for all the great work you do, and the fun it provides – dont let them harrass you about the release date, we all know it just means the game will be perfect when launched!!

+ Zaxu22 on March 12th, 2013 at 8:55 am said:

Naughty Dog, I have been a fan of all your video games since the first Crash Bandicoot when I was younger. I played all of that series than when you guys brought out Jak and Daxter I played through that series too then you gave us the Uncharted series which is by far my favorite! With each game you guys develop and release your ambition and creativity keeps getting bigger and bigger. I have had The Last of Us in my head since the first video that was released. I know you guys will make a game that will rival any game that is out there on the market at that time. I cannot wait to get my hands on my copy when it is released June 14th of this year! Naughty Dog you guys rock!

+ EXQUISITEEMPRESS on March 13th, 2013 at 10:26 pm said:

So thoughtful of you guys to release it on Friday!

PAGE 1 2 3 4