PS3-TLOU Left Behind

Zombie Tycoon 2 Invades PS3 and PS Vita April 30th

Laurent Mercure's Avatar + Posted by Laurent Mercure on Mar 05, 2013 // Frima Studio

We at Frima Studio are excited to announce that the sequel to the best selling PlayStation Mini Zombie Tycoon is coming on April 30th! Zombie Tycoon 2: Brainhov’s Revenge will be a full-fledged, Cross Play and Cross Buy enabled digital title available for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita on PlayStation Network!

Pick your side in the epic war between two evil masterminds: apprentice-gone-rogue Orville Tycoon and his army of heavy-duty zombies, or his vengeance-thirsty mentor Professor Brainhov and his frantic masses of agile undead! Post Z-day, Tycoon’s mad machination to extinguish all life in Finkleville has almost reached its apogee. During the final siege on the human fortress, his former mentor makes a sudden comeback, seeking retribution for his apprentice’s betrayal and eager to reclaim his rightful place as alpha mad scientist. Only one question remains: who shall win? Slow zombies, or fast zombies? Find out as undead armies clash in both the immersive single player campaign and the competitive multiplayer mode!

Zombie Tycoon 2 on PSN

The multiplayer mode pits Brainhov and his fast, ravenous zombies against Tycoon and his army of shambling, slow zombies in a one versus one deathmatch. Pick a side and unleash your zombie hordes to destroy the mobile base commanded by your rival scientist. To achieve that, you will be given control of two packs of zombies and a powerful monster unit to gain control over various buildings, level up and ultimately face off in an epic battle!

Zombie Tycoon 2 on PSN

Zombie Tycoon 2: Brainhov’s Revenge is a Cross Play, Cross Buy title – Vita players can face off against PlayStation 3 players in online multiplayer and vice-versa – and for a single purchase, you will be able to play on either console!

Zombie Tycoon 2 on PSNZombie Tycoon 2 on PSNZombie Tycoon 2 on PSN

Stay tuned! As we get closer to the launch date, we’ll be releasing more details about the story, the different units and monsters and other goodies. In the meantime, follow @ZombieTycoon on Twitter and join us on Facebook.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to share them with us in the comment section — we’re really eager to chat with you guys!

21 Comments

+ nightwiger5 on March 5th, 2013 at 11:19 am said:

1st? I did not know there this was possible, normally there is a guy wining about kingdom hearts

Laurent Mercure's Avatar

+ Laurent Mercure on March 5th, 2013 at 11:24 am said:

Congratulation on that first comment!

+ vanwinkle on March 5th, 2013 at 11:30 am said:

Was going to say day one on Vita, but Cross-Buy? Even more sold!

+ JeffsonP_US on March 5th, 2013 at 11:36 am said:

And this makes 2 games that I’ll get on April 30th. (The other is Soul Sacrifice).
I never give the Zombie Tycoon (PS minis) a try. But I’ll get this one.

Ah, I must say: I LOVE A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks! ^^

+ dodgedoors on March 5th, 2013 at 11:38 am said:

Looks great and crossbuy= sold

+ boboMELOSHE on March 5th, 2013 at 11:40 am said:

Seems pretty cool :D interested in the vita version but cross-buy is always nice.

+ xClayMeow on March 5th, 2013 at 12:26 pm said:

Never heard of it, but the trailer was pretty humorous so I’ll definitely keep my eye on it (for the Vita version). Can’t wait to see some gameplay!

+ SpooNManX on March 5th, 2013 at 12:30 pm said:

I have no idea what this game is and yes, I watched the trailer..
Is it a “Tycoon” game, as in Pizza Tycoon, Rollercoaster Tycoon, Railroad Tycoon?

Laurent Mercure's Avatar

+ Laurent Mercure on March 5th, 2013 at 12:42 pm said:

The teaser only sets the mood for the game. We’ll release more about the gameplay later on.

Zombie Tycoon 2 is a real-time strategy game in which you control hordes of zombies.
It’s not a “Tycoon” game like the titles you’ve listed, but in a way, you’re the zombie boss!

+ PainOfSarrow on March 5th, 2013 at 12:45 pm said:

Zombie Wars ? sounds good.

+ ikissedmygrandpa on March 5th, 2013 at 1:20 pm said:

so its like Assissins Creed,but with zombies??? cool

+ FLIP_Skateboard on March 5th, 2013 at 1:33 pm said:

Looks interesting

+ IIL0YDII on March 5th, 2013 at 2:03 pm said:

Cross-buy – great,Cross-play – awesome, day 1 buy.

+ GhostMachine1 on March 5th, 2013 at 2:17 pm said:

I rarely see cross play and cross by in the same article. The game looks funny so I’m getting this!

+ DrSmoov on March 5th, 2013 at 2:42 pm said:

Zombie Tycoon was one of the best minis I played, ranks up there with velocity and oribitz (sp?). Looking forward to getting this one. Ya got to hand it to Sony, after hearing all winter long there were very few Vita games in the pipeline, it seems they have found that sweet spot for mobile gaming. A lot of games are flying right at my head now, smaller and better for mobile and large console style games, but more developed and deeper than those rinky-dink smart phone games. I expect this game to be a blast, and I except games for the Vita in the future from Firma – Make it happen.

+ Kyle_325 on March 5th, 2013 at 4:52 pm said:

One of my favorite minis, very under-rated. Looking forward to this!

+ Gadirok on March 5th, 2013 at 6:03 pm said:

Holy snap! Deja VU!

Zombie Tycoon was one of the first PSP minis I ever played! It was amazing, I mean I had a blast with it! I only ran through the campaign once but it was flipping fun! Just having my own horde of zombies.

This game and patapon were classics, so happy I got patapon for free. I will definitely be buying Zombie Tycoon 2 the day it comes out! Can’t believe its getting a sequel!

This is totally so sudden :) I am so happy!

I hope the core gameplay of the 3 groups stays the same, with more features. Flipping awesome.

+ Gadirok on March 5th, 2013 at 6:05 pm said:

Gosh, now I got to buy the original zombie tycoon again. I played it on a friend’s psp a long time ago.

Any word on pricing?

+ Gadirok on March 5th, 2013 at 6:11 pm said:

Holy snap!@ You guys made GalaXseeds too! I loved that game! I remember playing it so much and seeing those commercials on ytv! That game was a blast, I can’t find it anymore…

I didn’t even know this was a Canadian developer! Totally going to support you guys and get the word out to my friends. Zombie Tycoon and Galaxseeds was amazing! Sony is lucky to have you guys! :D

Laurent Mercure's Avatar

+ Laurent Mercure on March 6th, 2013 at 5:54 am said:

Thank you all for your support and excitement!

If you want to get all the news, drop by our Facebook page.

+ LordEleos on March 6th, 2013 at 9:54 am said:

This looks Awesome! i will totaly get this when it comes out!