PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

PS Vita System Software Update (v.2.10)

Don Mesa's Avatar + Posted by Don Mesa on Apr 09, 2013 // Director, Product Planning & Platform Software Innovation, SCEA

Coming later this evening is the next system software update for PS Vita. We’ve listened to your feedback and have included many improvements to make your PS Vita experience much more enjoyable, such as adding a new folder system that allows you to organize your games and apps.

PS Vita v2.10: Folders

Here’s a look at some of the new enhancements you can expect with software update v.2.10:

• Create folders to more easily manage your favorite application icons on the home screen, with up to 10 icons in each folder and a maximum of 100 on the home screen (including icons inside the folders).
  • Verify which PS Vita card you are using by looking at the home screen’s info bar. You can also save the layout of your home screen icons in the memory card.
  • Added video support allows you to play videos within the browser (memory card required; some videos are not supported).
  • New email enhancements allows you to view HTML messages, add multiple email addresses to your contacts, and easily search your messages using the new search feature.
  • PlayStation Plus members will be able to automatically update PlayStation Mobile format software and upload game save data onto online storage using 3G connection.
  • New “Mute Automatically” option will mute your PS Vita speakers when your headset is unplugged and pause your music when using the music app.

PS Vita v2.10: FoldersPS Vita v2.10: Folders

For additional information on PS Vita update v2.10, including how to update your system, please visit this page when the update goes live.

As always, let us know what you think about the new enhancements in the comment section below.

320 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 7

+ Gorvi on April 9th, 2013 at 11:32 am said:

You have just made my day, thank you so much!

+ Alastor424 on April 9th, 2013 at 11:33 am said:

Thank you for the folders! Please make larger capacity memory cards so I can have all my titles digital!

+ Gorvi on April 9th, 2013 at 11:33 am said:

Are you planning on expanding the limit past 100 “bubbles” or do the folders solve that problem?

+ aro52 on April 9th, 2013 at 11:34 am said:

Freakin’ YES! Folders were so so SO needed!

+ Benmo316 on April 9th, 2013 at 11:34 am said:

Yes! Thank you!

+ tiny_tim31 on April 9th, 2013 at 11:34 am said:

I wonder what we’re having for supper tonight.

+ Remmulak on April 9th, 2013 at 11:34 am said:

Nice!!!

+ sheik_ah on April 9th, 2013 at 11:34 am said:

I was just thinking that the ps vita needed a more efficient way to manage apps. Thank you thank you thank you. Btw, over a week into owning a vita and I’m loving it. ^_^

+ Nick930930 on April 9th, 2013 at 11:35 am said:

I literally said thank you out loud when I read this post. FINALLY!

+ Kchow23 on April 9th, 2013 at 11:35 am said:

I am so glad that folders are finally here!!!

+ MmaFanQc on April 9th, 2013 at 11:35 am said:

hell yeah, …better late than never i guess!

+ SuMizzle on April 9th, 2013 at 11:36 am said:

Folders are so welcomed! This update and Guacamelee?! Good job!

+ Ouren on April 9th, 2013 at 11:36 am said:

FOLDERS
All I wanted.

+ Kchow23 on April 9th, 2013 at 11:37 am said:

Has the PSN ID font in the Trophies app been fixed also?

+ Craiji on April 9th, 2013 at 11:37 am said:

Great update!, Now, when are we going to get some bigger Memory Cards? I am running out of space on my 32GB and a 64GB and/or 128GB would be welcome.

+ IzoGray on April 9th, 2013 at 11:37 am said:

Playing music on psasbr doesn’t work anymore. Can you guys check that

+ XtemmA2 on April 9th, 2013 at 11:38 am said:

TY. WP.

+ ike9934 on April 9th, 2013 at 11:38 am said:

Awesome update! This might be the best day for the Vita since I bought it a year ago!

+ Broccosparagus on April 9th, 2013 at 11:38 am said:

Please add an option to delete certain save data’s without having to delete the entire game. Games like Atelier totori + which is a port from the ps3 allows you to have multiple saves but no option to delete saves as the ps3 would allow you to do that and the game is 3 gb’s so backing up and restoring every time you save just to have 1 save in the end takes awhile, and leaving your saves to accumulate takes awhile.

So like, in the menu for each bubble have a manage save data option or something, which allows you to delete individual saves.

Just, something please.

That’s all I want I think concerning new updates.

+ MickeyWard09 on April 9th, 2013 at 11:38 am said:

Now we’re talking!

+ anti-altair16 on April 9th, 2013 at 11:39 am said:

Folders AND saving layouts?! FINALLY.

+ takeshikitano3 on April 9th, 2013 at 11:39 am said:

Woo-hoo! Folders will be great, thanks!

+ thematic168 on April 9th, 2013 at 11:39 am said:

can i finally stream video from my local TVersity to Vita ?

+ Broccosparagus on April 9th, 2013 at 11:40 am said:

*correction: “leaving save to accumulate takes up space”

+ Firecrest on April 9th, 2013 at 11:40 am said:

Unfortunately, to hold enough data to warrant creating folders, you’ll have to purchase an overpriced $80 proprietary Vita memory card first.

+ dodgedoors on April 9th, 2013 at 11:40 am said:

@2 BUMP BIG TIME. 64 gig for $100 bucks and i would be so damn happy. Have so many titles I think there are at least 6 vita games not on my 32 card that I’d lke to see on there.

@8 Get plus esp if you have PS3 as well. So worth it.

+ BlueBl1zzard on April 9th, 2013 at 11:41 am said:

Thanks so much guys!! Glad you guys are still listening to vita feedback. To some it may seem like minor improvements, but I’m sure there are many out there who understand the usefulness of this update. So thanks again

+ Zezzler on April 9th, 2013 at 11:42 am said:

This sounds like a very useful update. Thanks!

+ nixice on April 9th, 2013 at 11:42 am said:

According to the UK blog, “Note: Up to 100 icons can be displayed on the home screen, including icons inside folders.” So it sounds like you can still hit a content cap if you have more than 99 apps and games installed? Bummer if that’s true — I play a ton of PlayStation Mobile games and other little titles that I love having handy, I hate “cleaning out the fridge” when I have space on my card for more but the OS won’t let me buy more games!

+ gerneric123 on April 9th, 2013 at 11:42 am said:

You guys didn’t bump up the app total? It’s still 100!?

+ Artemisthemp on April 9th, 2013 at 11:43 am said:

Looking forward to installing this

+ Saix_XIII on April 9th, 2013 at 11:44 am said:

So the limit of total apps/games is still 100???? Is it technically 1,000?? 10 icons per folder, 10 folders per screen, 10 screens? If the overall limit is still 100…this needs to change. I love that we can have the card remember the icon layout, which is a huge help for those who want/need more memory cards. But the icon limit needs to go up if this update does not address it.

+ mackenzy67 on April 9th, 2013 at 11:44 am said:

Now we need is cheaper memory cards and then maybe the vita will sell more ! Then we can see more games and more developers interested in the platform.

+ wait-4-meh on April 9th, 2013 at 11:45 am said:

>Added video support allows you to play videos within the browser (memory card required; some videos are not supported).

oh lawd, finally!!!!!

+ Adula-Kun on April 9th, 2013 at 11:46 am said:

It’s my birthday!!
Thanks, Sony, thank you very much!!
Folders.. app layouts.. streaming in browser.. Thanks again!

+ jeffsmither on April 9th, 2013 at 11:46 am said:

Was there any word on PS2 games on via? or is that impossable?

+ Joao_Vicente on April 9th, 2013 at 11:48 am said:

Sweet!!! Finally can I see videos on the browser!? With sound right? This its very welcome! About email, can I ready HTML files offline? Like a text reader?

+ alra7alalipro on April 9th, 2013 at 11:49 am said:

Finally Update that we can call it an update

in next update I hope you

1: Make possible change themes with releasing of dynamic theme

2: When I press power button I hope more options like air plane restart

3: Most important thing as Arabic person please support Arabic language

thanks SONY ^_^

+ YungShep on April 9th, 2013 at 11:49 am said:

finally i can upgrade my memory card! and whooooooooooooooo browser streaming!

+ NickMulder on April 9th, 2013 at 11:50 am said:

The two biggest additions for me are the folders and the added video support through the web browser. Good job guys thank you!

+ BlueBl1zzard on April 9th, 2013 at 11:50 am said:

@Broccosparagus lol I think a quite a few people have the opposite of the problem you have, they want to delete games without deleting the saves. I submitted a save data utility for vita idea (like how the psp and ps3 have) to psblog.share a while ago, so that’s currently at the top of my list of wanted features in the next update (besides PS2 classics support of course lol).

+ shuaDove on April 9th, 2013 at 11:51 am said:

I never imagined getting this excited over folders, but THANK YOU!! I also noticed the 100 icon limit is still enforced, is there any chance that might be expanded in the future?

+ likeanobody on April 9th, 2013 at 11:52 am said:

I won’t buy a PS VIta until update 1.80 feature of making only one account per memory card is removed. Really, it’s a punch in the stomach of the people who – like me – supports sony by having PS Plus on multiple territories. We give you our money and you just won’t let us get our games, it’s ridiculous.

+ Kchow23 on April 9th, 2013 at 11:52 am said:

I am so glad with this update, but there are some issues that I hope you guys address moving forward specially with PS Plus.

1) Setting games saves to automatically upload to the cloud is a bit of a hassle since you always have to do it manually one by one. It would be great if you could just set all to the cloud or if it asks you once you start playing a game

2) It would be great if we can set the time in which the PS Vita will do its game updates and even better if the PS Vita could turn itself on and update (but I understand that might be difficult).

3) Background installing for game apps and background downloading for firmware updates.

4) A “Street” mode for Near, where it doesn’t ask you to connect to a Wi-Fi connection each time and it will automatically update more frequently.

5) I noticed that on the Twitter app, if you tweet at someone it does not narrow down the twitter name as you write it and therefore you have to memorize the twitter name.

+ Fardeenah on April 9th, 2013 at 11:54 am said:

please add an option to backup vita save games on pc just like ps plus does… its a shame i have to backup a whole game just for a save data…

also i would like flight mode added when u press and hold home button for quick access.

i would also like to to be able to switch psn account on the same memory card. i want to be able to use my US and EU account and swich them on the fly by allowing creation of users on the vita like the ps3..

remote download also would be nice. to download vita games once i purchase it from ps store web site automatically ..

+ krae_man on April 9th, 2013 at 11:54 am said:

“•Create folders to more easily manage your favorite application icons on the home screen, with up to 10 icons in each folder and a maximum of 100 on the home screen (including icons inside the folders). ”

Yeah this makes the update pointless.

Can’t have an app folder because there are more then 10 apps

Can’t have a PSone game folder since I have more then 10 PSone Games.

Doesn’t address the 100 icon limit problem because there is still a 100 icon limit.

This is the best you can do?

+ Cloud_X1 on April 9th, 2013 at 11:56 am said:

Finally Folders AND saving the layout to your memory card is THE BEST!!! now I can use my 4GB card and the 3GB card without the icons messing up. watching videos on the browser, nice. Keep it up.
P.S. people who complain EVERY DAY about this, it takes TIME you can’t just ask something and then the next week rage because it’s not out yet, seriously it gets annoying.

+ MX-Arekku on April 9th, 2013 at 11:57 am said:

- Added video support allows you to play videos within the browser (memory card required; some videos are not supported).

Does this mean that the PS Vita’s built in browser finally supports HTML5 now?

+ MrBendel on April 9th, 2013 at 11:57 am said:

NEED MORE MEMORY

+ BlueBl1zzard on April 9th, 2013 at 11:58 am said:

@Don Mesa so no word if we make folders/playlists in the music, picture, and video apps?

PAGE 1 2 3 7