Minecraft PS4

Soul Sacrifice: Demo April 16th, Keiji Inafune Interview

Kumi Yuasa's Avatar + Posted by Kumi Yuasa on Apr 12, 2013 // Producer, SCEA

Soul Sacrifice launches exclusively for PlayStation Vita on April 30th… that’s just weeks away! Many of you have been asking about the demo coming to North America and we’re finally able to address your questions. First, though, watch our new interview with legendary designer Keiji Inafune below.

The demo for Soul Sacrifice is coming to PlayStation Store on April 16th — thanks for waiting so patiently! The demo begins in despair, with you in the role of a captive imprisoned by a ruthless mage and awaiting sacrifice. The looming promise of certain death is interrupted by the appearance of a mysterious book. The tome, inexplicably able to think and speak, introduces itself as Librom.

Soul Sacrifice on PS VitaSoul Sacrifice on PS Vita

Librom also claims to hold a special power, allowing those who read it to experience what’s written within. But it’s best that we spoil no more than that! Be sure to try out the Soul Sacrifice demo on April 16th, and check back here when you do — we’ll have more information about the game to share!

Oh, and don’t forget to pre-order! Not only will you get three exclusive Magic Offerings and two exclusive costumes, you’ll also get the Japanese voice-over audio pack for free!

PAGE 1 2 3

+ DJ_Tomato on April 12th, 2013 at 8:15 am said:

1st!!

How much it will be the filesize?

is there going to be bonus for 1st day buy?

+ Gorvi on April 12th, 2013 at 8:17 am said:

I can’t wait, I’m glad we’ll be getting the demo. Any chance the soundtrack will be made available?

+ G-Force08 on April 12th, 2013 at 8:17 am said:

*Biohazard voice* – “Soul Sacrifice!”

Looking forward to this.

+ peruhandcrafts on April 12th, 2013 at 8:18 am said:

There’s actually a very nice pre-order bonus on SS. You should check it out.

+ Lathariel on April 12th, 2013 at 8:19 am said:

When the first thread said “Demo in April 12th” I almost had a heart attack.

+ ZaGe-zAiKaNo on April 12th, 2013 at 8:19 am said:

Haha, Kumi, i see ya had to re-post this. I figure it’d be on the 16th and not today.

Thanks :p

Kumi Yuasa's Avatar

+ Kumi Yuasa on April 12th, 2013 at 4:35 pm said:

Sorry about the confusion. Yes, 16th it is!

+ MakoSOLIDER on April 12th, 2013 at 8:21 am said:

I am excited! Will the preorder bonuses be available via digital buy? PLEASE ANSWER!

+ sepherlawls on April 12th, 2013 at 8:25 am said:

Thank you for releasing a demo for this. I have wavered at times on cancelling my preorder since I have never really be been a fan of hunter type games. This will give me the opportunity to give it a shot without have to change regions and try to mess around with the JPN demo.

Everything I’ve seen and heard about this game seems positive and it deserves to receive a proper reception instead of just having a demo dumped on launch day. Here’s hoping some more press follows and this game can move some more Vita’s in the west.

+ XtemmA2 on April 12th, 2013 at 8:27 am said:

Oooh my highest anticipated game.
I want the Librom!
Any info on PSN digital ver.?

+ Philipe_Joon on April 12th, 2013 at 8:27 am said:

No escribire en ingles por que es muy Mainstream.

Pero esta noticia produjo que hiciera un pre bukake en mi Vita!!

+ LeFabuleuxDeux on April 12th, 2013 at 8:28 am said:

I’m assuming there’s no chance of getting the pre order bonuses if we buy from the PSN store?

+ wilfareus on April 12th, 2013 at 8:29 am said:

can we pre-order this on the PSN Store?

+ Folklore_Legendz on April 12th, 2013 at 8:33 am said:

I wanna get the game through the psn, but i’m worried of not getting the pre-order bonus. please!!, can we get an answer for those who wants to buy the game on the psn store?

+ DJ_Tomato on April 12th, 2013 at 8:34 am said:

i think everybody here is worried about the pre-order bonuses on first day buy via ps store, hopefully we will get an answer

+ Craiji on April 12th, 2013 at 8:36 am said:

Thank You Sony! Now all I need, along with this and folders, is a bigger memory card.

+ akosijon on April 12th, 2013 at 8:37 am said:

I’m so excited for this game. Quick question. I read somewhere that the demo save will carry over to the actual game. Is this true for the NA demo? thanks.

+ Folklore_Legendz on April 12th, 2013 at 8:42 am said:

I also want to know if we can get a season pass for the upcoming dlc’s, it would be nice to know more about it. also please don’t forget to answer my previous question, I really want to buy the game online and get the pre order bonus.

+ BlueBl1zzard on April 12th, 2013 at 8:48 am said:

As much as every ounce of me wants to try out this demo, sadly I will continue with my plans of going into the full game completely fresh. So while I won’t be trying the demo, thanks anyway for putting it out!

Come on April 30!!

+ KirAMinh on April 12th, 2013 at 8:48 am said:

#5: Me too either.

lol but after checkout clearly , thats 17 in my timezone omfg.

+ leo_range on April 12th, 2013 at 8:50 am said:

How much it will be the filesize????
I need this demo!!!!

+ H7E7R7U on April 12th, 2013 at 8:51 am said:

Good news, can’t wait to try out the demo :)

+ su43berkut17 on April 12th, 2013 at 8:53 am said:

you just made my day ^.^ Thanks, also I’d like yo know if the bonuses will be available for the PSN game as I don’t buy physical games.

Thanks again ^.^/

+ Zionine on April 12th, 2013 at 8:54 am said:

Something that will quench the thirst for 15 days…… yes..

+ Christian399 on April 12th, 2013 at 8:55 am said:

DEAR PS BLOG. SOME PERTINENT QUESTIONS THAT REMAIN UNANSWERED:

– Where is the Digital Day 1 preorder for this title? What is with SCEA just dropping the ball on titles like this (and Demon’s Souls)?
– In relation to point #1, will digital purchases get the same BONUSES as the physical pre-orders. THIS QUESTION WAS ASKED NUMEROUS TIMES BY MANY PEOPLE SINCE JANUARY AND THERE IS STILL NO RESPONSE.
– All in all, what the Hell is happening with the digital version? There seems to be no incentive to buying it. No Japanese language option, no extra spells, nothing. That’s quite short-sighted considering the publisher advantages of digital content (no used game sales, for one).

+ Christian399 on April 12th, 2013 at 8:56 am said:

Note to Sony: this could be for the Vita what Demon’s Souls was to the PS3 – if you don’t mess up the launch. But really, no actual fan-fare as of yet and I doubt it will get a t.v. ad, which is telling.

+ ElektroDragon on April 12th, 2013 at 9:05 am said:

Would love to download it, but I RAN OUT OF ROOM ON MY 32GB memory card! Please make bigger Vita memory cards!!!!

+ OmegaSpear on April 12th, 2013 at 9:11 am said:

I guess i’ll need a new memory card.

+ xFuzylilManPeach on April 12th, 2013 at 9:14 am said:

Got me even more excited for the 30th!!! :D cant wait!

+ Pendharker on April 12th, 2013 at 9:14 am said:

I am 10 kinds of excited for this! I already have a pre-order and only just found out (by reading this article) that there are pre-order bonuses. HOTNESS!! I cannot wait to play the demo. Thank you so very much!

+ NoPity_21 on April 12th, 2013 at 9:20 am said:

if anything this game should win a award for just the unique bosses a must for every vita owner

Kumi Yuasa's Avatar

+ Kumi Yuasa on April 12th, 2013 at 7:26 pm said:

Thanks for your comment. The monster designs are very unique in this game. They took the base design from various existing mythologies, but they added their own ideas and tweaks to them. Have fun encountering them in-game!

+ wilfareus on April 12th, 2013 at 9:22 am said:

hope you bring the Red Vita Soul Sacrifice Bundle to the States (and Singapore) as well :D

+ Nooterman on April 12th, 2013 at 9:28 am said:

I hope you guys market this game so I have people to actually play with.

+ Malkavilis on April 12th, 2013 at 9:37 am said:

My prayers were heard! Finally a demo!

Kumi Yuasa's Avatar

+ Kumi Yuasa on April 12th, 2013 at 7:27 pm said:

Sorry for the wait, but I’m sure it’ll be worth waiting for! Have fun playing next Tuesday. : )

+ PsychoticUsagi on April 12th, 2013 at 9:37 am said:

This would be the perfect time to release this, considering the nature of the demo. That is assuming it’s the same as the Japanese one. :P

@Christian399 As far as I know there has never been a digital pre-order for a digital Vita exclusive game, period. When they include pre-order bonuses with digital Vita games it is usually included for people that purchase digitally within the first week of release. (Gravity Rush, LBP Vita and several others did this.) Sony hasn’t said one way or the other if pre-order content will be included with digital purchases. I would imagine it will, most likely Sony is holding off to announce it because they want to boost physical sales at retailers as much as possible.

+ Dragonsmana on April 12th, 2013 at 9:49 am said:

Glad to see we are getting the demo! You already have my pre-order lol.

+ Kyarok on April 12th, 2013 at 9:51 am said:

April 30th cannot come soon enough. I already have this paid for at gamestop Looking forward to the demo!

+ CatatonicAlex on April 12th, 2013 at 9:56 am said:

The demo should be around 1gb…it’s been a while since I’ve played it so I can’t remember the exact size.
It contains several stages and customization options. It basically covers the tutorial portion of the game + extra. Pretty hard though.

+ Mando44646 on April 12th, 2013 at 10:13 am said:

can we pre-order on PSN if we want the stuff and want the game digitally?

+ Frulond on April 12th, 2013 at 10:18 am said:

Will it be available for pre-order through PSN?

+ JKar275 on April 12th, 2013 at 10:24 am said:

I’m very glad to see that there will be a pre-release demo for this game. Thank you very much for releasing the demo 2 weeks before the full game releases.

Questions:
1) Are there any difficulty settings?
2) If yes, please describe them.
3) How much will this game cost?
4) Will PS+ members be able to pre-order the digital version at a discount on the USA PS Store?
5) If yes – will there be any pre-order bonus DLC for people who pre-order from the USA PS Store?

+ fatjoe400 on April 12th, 2013 at 10:29 am said:

Sweet!

+ shrimpdude on April 12th, 2013 at 10:38 am said:

I have this preordered at Best Buy Canada. Do I get the bonuses?

+ JeffsonP_US on April 12th, 2013 at 10:38 am said:

Thanks! But I’ll get it from PS Store and I want the pre-order bonus!

+ xClayMeow on April 12th, 2013 at 10:38 am said:

‘Bout time we get a demo! Played it at CES and GDC, but it’s hard to get a feel when people are waiting around you…now I’ll get to enjoy it in the comfort of my own home.

But I second what others are asking – I’d love to know if there will be an opportunity to pre-order the digital version, if we’ll get the pre-order bonuses by doing so, and if there will be a PS+ discount for it.

+ shrimpdude on April 12th, 2013 at 10:39 am said:

I see EB Games has the preorder bonuses advertised, but Best Buy Canada doesn’t.

+ Bicgoozgetten-69 on April 12th, 2013 at 11:32 am said:

cant wait!!! this will be my first vita game i purchase for my system.

+ GodLikeC on April 12th, 2013 at 11:49 am said:

I pre ordered mine at Gamestop but cant wait for the demo in 4 days oh wait BO2 dlc will also be release that day on the 360 will be playing both add me guys so we can play on Tuesday

+ tusunami on April 12th, 2013 at 12:03 pm said:

Already ready pre-order, glad to have a demo to checkout as well. And people still don’t have a PS Vita & there still saying it has no games LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ IAmLeb- on April 12th, 2013 at 12:12 pm said:

I already pre-order. I knew I was gonna love the game but I was extremely worried that there wasn’t going to be a demo or any kind of press before the release. Thank you for proving me wrong on both accounts.

+ AtomicCreativity on April 12th, 2013 at 12:15 pm said:

Have had this pre-oredered since february. Cannot wait until release. I have never been a huge RPG fan in the past, but after playing this demo on the Japanese store, I have been converted.

PAGE 1 2 3