God of War

Apr 19

Apr 19

Draw Slasher Coming to PS Vita Tuesday

Artur Gosk's Avatar Posted by Producer, Mass Creation

Hello PlayStation.Blog, I’m Artur Gosk of Mass Creation from Warsaw, Poland. This is my first time here, so ‘hello’ to everyone.

I’m here to introduce you to our first PS Vita release – Draw Slasher. On April 23rd, players can test their fingers in what we believe is the most dynamic drawing game ever made for PS Vita, for $5.99.

Draw Slasher tells a story of Hanzo, not-so-high ninja, whose family was abducted by Pirate Monkey Zombies™. The basic game mechanics are one-of-a-kind — honestly, I don’t think they could be any simpler. The player will tap to run, draw lines to slash, and pinch the screen to pull up the abilities menu. The rest is done by Hanzo. Watch the trailer at the top of this post and see for yourself.

Draw Slasher on PS VitaDraw Slasher on PS Vita

We have prepared three game modes: Story, endless Arcade and Challenges. Story is the main mode, where the player meets Hanzo and aids him in a quest to free his family. They will face various opponents, go up against tricky bosses and finally find out who sent the “rottents” to kidnap Hanzo’s family. In this mode he will learn very helpful Ninjutsu Techniques – upgradeable abilities – such as invisibility, electrocution or blowing up.

Arcade contains two endless modes: Survival, where the player will slay as many zombies as possible with just one life bar. In the second mode the player is the ‘Gatekeeper,’ and needs to prevent the Pirate Monkey Zombies from entering the village.

Challenges were prepared for players seeking a demanding experience. Perform outstanding combos, survive as long as possible, kill many zombies in a short period of time, and more. This mode will push players’ skills to their limits.

Draw Slasher on PS Vita

Draw Slasher also features hand-drawn cartoon graphics and animated cutscenes with professional voiceovers. The game contains Trophies and Leaderboards, where players can compare kill counters and Arcade results.

Draw Slasher’s origins reach 2009, when we approached drawing mechanics for the first time with Draw Slasher: Dark Ninja vs Pirate Monkey Zombies. The idea was extended and followed with Draw Slasher: The Quest in 2011. Compared to the original version, Draw Slasher on PS Vita has twice as much content. We’ve redesigned the whole game concept, created new locations, many different opponents and bosses. The scale of the changes made meant we had to rebuild the levels all over again.

We tried very hard to make the mechanics simple to understand and entertaining at the same time. We really hope you’ll enjoy this fresh approach to the slasher genre, and get some serious scores when you’re slicing up Pirate Monkey Zombies.

You can find out more about Draw Slasher at the official website: http://drawslasher.com.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

nabilafzali02 said:

April 19th, 7:37 am

Looks fun

Figboy said:

April 19th, 7:53 am

Will keep and eye on this one!

xClayMeow said:

April 19th, 7:54 am

I know you said there’s twice as much content of the original iOS game, but can you provide a few details of the changes/additions/improvements? Since I already have it on iPad I’m just wondering if there’s a good reason to “upgrade” though I do prefer Vita games.

Thanks!

Artur Gosk's Avatar

Artur Gosk said:

April 19th, 8:51 am

Thanks for the question.

From the very beginning we knew we wanted the game to be better and bigger than iOS version. And it is :)
    First of all, we have raised the resolution, but this is just obvious.

Second, and the most important, we have doubled the content. I mean there are twice as much of opponents, and all of them are the ‘tricky’ ones (we call them ‘tactical’).
    Most of previous sounds were changed and now there are a few there are were completely new. Cutescenes received a professional voiceover too.

The part of work we spend the most of the time with was a level design. We have changed mechanics of most of the opponents, some of them were turned upside-down. This is why every level had to be done all over again.

DrRockzo1987 said:

April 19th, 7:57 am

Looks good. If I had a Vita, I’d definitely consider picking it up,

thunderbear said:

April 19th, 7:57 am

Looks fantastic, why hasn’t there been more coverage of this before this close to release?

ERC1980 said:

April 19th, 8:01 am

4 questions for you Mr Gosk:

1. campaign length. how long is it?

2. will there be a demo?

3. platinum trophy?

4. ps plus member discount?

Artur Gosk's Avatar

Artur Gosk said:

April 19th, 9:07 am

re.1 It all depends on a skill level. It should take a couple of hours
    re.2 Sorry, we didn’t plan to release a demo.
    re.3 Considering the game size is not that big we did not implement the platinum trophy.
    re.4 We’ll see ;)

Strangeheaven said:

April 19th, 8:02 am

Hello there,

Can someone please ask sony to include the following for the PS4

1. hdmi cable

2. 10 feet charge cable,so there for I’m not 2 feet in front of the tv when charging.

3. Two contollers bundled with the PS4 instead of a headset, this would make more sense because not everybody goes online.

xClayMeow said:

April 19th, 8:02 am

@thunderbear, it was announced a couple weeks ago…not sure why it didn’t appear on the blog, but I suggest following the “Upcoming Vita Games” thread in the forums. If I wasn’t on my iPad right now, I’d get the link for you.

Strangeheaven said:

April 19th, 8:04 am

Please show The Last Guardian at e3 2013

snakeeyes211 said:

April 19th, 8:10 am

I’m buying it :-)

snakeeyes211 said:

April 19th, 8:11 am

How much space am I going to need in my card?

Artur Gosk's Avatar

Artur Gosk said:

April 19th, 9:11 am

You’ll need about 500MB

KosmoCrisis said:

April 19th, 8:20 am

PSNStores says hi to Artur!

Artur Gosk's Avatar

Artur Gosk said:

April 19th, 9:09 am

Hello Nick ;)

ZaGe-zAiKaNo said:

April 19th, 8:32 am

I’ll be picking this one up. Looks like a really fun game to kill time & what better way than doing that on a VIta.

@ERC1980:

No platinum. There’s a total of 13 trophies – 1 gold, 3 silvers, & 9 bronze.

D-Squad3 said:

April 19th, 8:33 am

Keep them Vita games coming!

Scaramanga1983 said:

April 19th, 8:37 am

Sometimes, it feels like the Vita can only get exclusive games if they look like Flash games.

Berae said:

April 19th, 8:47 am

It looks fun, i like the artwork

Loco4FourLoko said:

April 19th, 9:35 am

@15 +1. but s.omething is better than nothing

whylekat said:

April 19th, 9:38 am

Ugh another terrible iPhone port?? Nun Attack, OMGZombies, and this garbage are all just lame iOS toilet time games. They do not belong on the Vita. If you’re really gonna put these subpar games on your beast of a handheld, ADD GODDAMN BUTTON CONTROLS!!

The Vita’s biggest advantage over any iOS or Android device is the physical buttons! There is literally no reason why this, and especially Nun Attack, can’t use the buttons like a normal game. It’s been proven time and again how much more accurate and tactile physical buttons are versus touch controls. STOP DUMPING THESE LAZY PORTS ON THE VITA!!

shuaDove said:

April 19th, 9:43 am

Very excited! I love seeing more game use the Vita’s touch features.

nYcFrEeWiLL82 said:

April 19th, 9:52 am

Game looks like fun and the price is right..therefore this game shall have my full support!! keep them PSV games coming..and don’t forget about the GREAT PSN GAMES that should be ported into PSV GAMES..like SHANK..JOE DANGER and my personal favorite ROCKET KNIGHT!! simple 2D games like that and Guacamelle will definitly boost sales on the VITA.

nYcFrEeWiLL82 said:

April 19th, 9:55 am

@ 18..i feel your pain..but then again if you’ve already played this game just ignor and focus on other non touch games like Guacamelle or Angry Birds..:p

Heavenly_king said:

April 19th, 10:07 am

no thanks. I dont like game with the main input being touch. I need actual controls, I need to press buttons and move the sticks to feel the game.

Knightedrik said:

April 19th, 10:07 am

This looks awesome. Thank you for bring more quality titles to the Vita! I can’t wait to get this. :)

Elvick_ said:

April 19th, 10:11 am

@18: They would have to redesign the entire game to support physical controls. Shoo. Don’t likethem? Don’t buy them. Games aren’t made for you.

GeoDarky said:

April 19th, 10:24 am

for that price point am sold, game looks like fun on the go

RoII_chan said:

April 19th, 10:30 am

I´ll pass on this one.

bigdaddyxx said:

April 19th, 10:58 am

looks fun so its a buy from me

CaruthK said:

April 19th, 11:40 am

All these Vita game has kept me away from the PS3 as of late. I will be getting this as soon as it comes to. It looks fun as hell. Good job on this one guys.

Vcheese said:

April 19th, 11:47 am

It looked good until i saw no button action, sorry but i ll pass.

BlueBl1zzard said:

April 19th, 11:49 am

Hmm, this looks pretty interesting, and I’m liking the price. May pick this one up when it drops on Tuesday.

tusunami said:

April 19th, 12:07 pm

Nice more games for PS Vita & it’s at a price just right!!!!!!!!!!!!

YorlecmNwahs said:

April 19th, 12:34 pm

Go to Google

Search “Let’s Get FlatOut Head On PS Vita Compatible”

Click on the first result.

Sign the petition please.

FRott said:

April 19th, 1:33 pm

Will it REALLY be out on Tuesday?

REALLY?

…or will it be out on Wednesday, or Thursday, or Wheneverthehellwewanttoreleaseitday?

onslaughtree said:

April 19th, 1:36 pm

Hahahahahahaha. That looks awesome. Between laughing my butt off, I could not stop thinking of how someone has not made a game like this before. Looks fun. Hope the controls are on point. At that price point, its a no brainer. You guys/gals have just earned my $5.99. From Guacamelee to this ?!, man my Vita is on fire….
As always, Keep on Gamin.

Mando44646 said:

April 19th, 1:40 pm

I was skeptical but the trailer looks fun! Its a good price point too, especially if there will be a PS+ discount

onslaughtree said:

April 19th, 1:41 pm

Ohh and to all this Nun Attack hate. C’mon man, that game was fun with all touch screen controls. So was Jetpack Joyride.
I agree, I myself love me some button control action, but not all games require them. And if the Vita can do both Button controlled games and either all touch screen controled games, there may not ever again be a reason to purchase games on your smartphones. Think about it, the Vita is the best of both worlsd.

ImSoHappy77 said:

April 19th, 2:09 pm

Cool! Looking forward to giving this game a go didnt look interesting until i saw the trailer good job!

Joeltron3030 said:

April 19th, 2:25 pm

This game would be cool if it had button input. I dont know why you would port to the Vita and not add button controls…seems pointless. Thats the whole advantage of the Vita over phones….

Branc- said:

April 19th, 4:51 pm

Do people seriously not realize just looking at the trailer that button controls wouldn’t make sense/work for this?

Kimblems said:

April 19th, 5:59 pm

Looks pretty legit, I don’t think I’ll buy it though, but we’ll see.

dopeboy081991 said:

April 19th, 6:36 pm

i never buy digital games but this game looks fun and its small enough at only a half gig im getting this game the day it gets to the store

dopeboy081991 said:

April 19th, 6:43 pm

@18 dude shut up the game looks great and fun yes it looks like a knock off of fruit ninja but that game was fun too

toddythebody said:

April 19th, 7:34 pm

I feel like you stole from me, Sony. The walking dead DLC I bought is not what I got. You’re selling boxes labelled ” dogs” with cats inside them.

PrinceofXIII said:

April 19th, 7:41 pm

looks good ^^

Cloud_X1 said:

April 19th, 8:55 pm

@18 This game looks fun, I don’t see why you’re complaining?

Looks good and for that price is sounds great now if we only had a PS+ discount I would get it on day 1.

I’m glad we’re getting more games on the Vita, even if they are ports because:

1. I don’t have a smart phone or anything to play ios game on.
2. Fun games with trophies to kill some time. (Really enjoying Jetpack Joyride)
3. I want more ios game on the Vita, I never really got to play Angry birds, but I bet it would be fun on the Vita.

So yeah, AAA titles indie games and much more on the Vita!

Sarges24 said:

April 19th, 10:51 pm

18 has a point. At first I thought it would be nice to have button controls. However after watching the video and reading the post, for $6 who cares. This game was designed with touch screen play in mind. Either it interests you or it doesn’t. If it does then it’s cheap enough to have no quarrels with. At the same time even though I will probably buy it simply because it looks cool and is cheap I would like more games in the future to offer standard control or touch. With my phone or Vita my screen protector doesn’t always play nice with touch gaming.

SmokeAdellic said:

April 20th, 10:12 am

Price drop, nice bundle, or red vita will get me on board to purchase one sony…its your choice sony.

Elvick_ said:

April 20th, 12:29 pm

@45: You should ask for Cut the Rope on Vita too. Wonderful games. I’d do anything to get them on Vita.

subadictos said:

April 20th, 2:11 pm

Only 6 bucks? I’m totally in. I hope the file size won’t be more than 400MB because I haven’t much space on my cards!!! :(

Artur Gosk's Avatar

Artur Gosk said:

April 22nd, 11:51 am

I guess you’ll beed about 1GB of free space. About 500 to download and 500 to install.

subadictos said:

April 20th, 2:13 pm

@18

I want great games with buttons.

And I want great game without them and cheap, like this, OMG, Nun Attack or maybe a Fruit Ninja in the future.

More games are always better.

PAGE 1 2