Uncharted 4

PlayStation Plus Update: Zombie Tycoon II Free for Members

Morgan Haro's Avatar + Posted by Morgan Haro on Apr 29, 2013 // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

April is drawing to an end with the last week of Spring Fever, and we’re happy to close out the month with Zombie Tycoon II: Brainhov’s Revenge! It’s releasing tomorrow, and PS Plus members will be able to download it free on their PS3 or PS Vita. You’ll also want to check out this week’s enormous franchise sale on games with their characters featured in PlayStation All-Stars. Games from the BioShock series, Metal Gear Solid series, LittleBigPlanet, inFAMOUS, …it’s a big one guys.

With that said, let’s hop into it. The following will be arriving with tomorrow’s PlayStation Store update.

PlayStation Plus - 1-year MembershipPlayStation Plus - 3-month Membership

April 30th PlayStation Plus Update

SPRING FEVER – Zombie Tycoon II: Brainhov’s Revenge

(PS3 and PS Vita – Cross Buy Enabled)
PSN Price: $9.99, Free for PS Plus members

Zombie Tycoon 2
Pick your side in the epic war between two evil masterminds: apprentice-gone-rogue Orville Tycoon and his army of heavy-duty zombies, or his vengeance-thirsty mentor Professor Brainhov and his frantic masses of agile undead! Post Z-day, Tycoon’s mad machination to extinguish all life in Finkleville has almost reached its apogee. During the final siege on the human fortress, his former mentor makes a sudden comeback, seeking retribution for his apprentice’s betrayal and eager to reclaim his rightful place as alpha mad scientist. Only one question remains: who shall win? Slow zombies, or fast zombies? Find out as undead armies clash in both the immersive single player campaign and the competitive multiplayer mode!
SPRING FEVER – PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Heritage Sale

(PS3 and PS Vita – Cross Buy Enabled)
Up to 50% off Discounts for PS Plus members

PS All Stars
While there will be a number of titles on sale as part of the broader Spring Fever PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Heritage Sale, Plus members get an extra discount on the following titles. You can see the full list of titles on sale in tomorrow’s PlayStation Store Update post, but please note that not all of the titles in this franchise sale have a PS Plus discount.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

God of War: Origins Collection $19.99 $13.99 $9.79

inFAMOUS (Cole MacGrath)

Game Title Normal Price Sale Price Plus Price
inFAMOUS $29.99 $20.99 $14.69
inFAMOUS 2 $19.99 $13.99 FREE
inFAMOUS Festival of Blood $9.99 $6.99 $4.89

Twisted Metal (Sweet Tooth)

Game Title Normal Price Sale Price Plus Price
Twisted Metal $39.99 $27.99 $19.59
Twisted Metal $5.99 $3.99 $2.79
Twisted Metal 2 $5.99 $3.99 $2.79
Twisted Metal: Black $9.99 $6.99 $4.89
Twisted Metal: Head-On $7.99 $5.59 $3.91

Ratchet & Clank

Game Title Normal Price Sale Price Plus Price
Ratchet and Clank Future: Quest for Booty $14.99 $10.49 $7.34
Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One $19.99 $13.99 FREE
Ratchet & Clank: Collection $29.99 $20.99 $14.69
Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault $19.99 $13.99 $9.79
Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal $14.99 $10.49 $7.34
Secret Agent Clank $14.99 $10.49 $7.34

Last Chance (Leaving on 5/7)

Instant Game Collection
Demon’s Souls

Discounts
SPRING FEVER – PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Heritage Sale

You’ll find all the content detailed above with their Plus benefits active when the PlayStation Store updates tomorrow. You can also look forward to next week where we’ll announce May’s PlayStation Plus lineup.

Got something on your mind about PS Plus, or anything PlayStation related? Comment below, and head over to the PlayStation Community Forums to find and create other topics to contribute your thoughts to, or start one yourself. Thanks, as always — looking forward to chatting you guys up in the comments and on the PlayStation Forums.

PlayStation Plus Update 4-30-2013

PAGE 1 2 3 9

+ ANEEL69 on April 29th, 2013 at 9:47 am said:

Whoa! Now thats what i call a sale!

+ Jesszman on April 29th, 2013 at 9:48 am said:

My god, those prices. Looks like I”m getting LBP Vita and Bioshock 2!

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on April 29th, 2013 at 9:52 am said:

Both are some great games; enjoy!

+ XtemmA2 on April 29th, 2013 at 9:48 am said:

Here we go! Ramen all month!

+ Qmoney88 on April 29th, 2013 at 9:49 am said:

Great sales I’m excited to see what other games are apart of the sale

+ Ryumoau on April 29th, 2013 at 9:49 am said:

Finally!! Some sales on games i actually care about (well mostly, since i don’t give a crap about bioshock). wouldn’t mind getting MGS Peace Walker.

And the free plus game looks interesting as well. This is the best Plus update in weeks!!

+ BeerManMike on April 29th, 2013 at 9:50 am said:

Finally some great sales! waiting forever and finally picking up PSASBR. I have most of those collections but those prices are very in line with Amazon and others and what the should be. Great job.

+ TheCipe on April 29th, 2013 at 9:50 am said:

Wow, this is awesome! Thank you.

Does this sale include Little Big Planet DLCs?

+ AriesWarlock on April 29th, 2013 at 9:50 am said:

Hi, I would really like a 7-day Plus trial and a 1-month Plus trial.

+ Zionine on April 29th, 2013 at 9:51 am said:

Just sold my Metal Gear HD Collection to Gamestop for 22$… gladly picking it up for 17$ tomorrow night. :)

+ SLICKBACK62 on April 29th, 2013 at 9:51 am said:

Ummmm why is peace walker listed three times?

+ IIL0YDII on April 29th, 2013 at 9:51 am said:

SOUL SACRIFICE PRE ORDER BONUSES!

+ RyanSaotome on April 29th, 2013 at 9:52 am said:

No Jak deal? That was actually the only one I was looking into buying…

+ dodgedoors on April 29th, 2013 at 9:52 am said:

Damn this was much smaller a sale than I was expecting. :( no MGS 4 or Revengence. Sad that there are no uncharted or killzone sales either. I’ll pick up MGS collection but that’s it. Hah I was prepared to spend a lot of money but the sales just weren’t here. Not even DLC sales.

+ BossmanCCrowder1 on April 29th, 2013 at 9:52 am said:

Appreciate all the sales this week. But nothing too interesting personally. I’ll pick up Zombie Tycoon 2 and try it out.

+ DrApollo on April 29th, 2013 at 9:52 am said:

Sweet! Really looking forward to Zombie Tycoon 2!

+ Darig0n on April 29th, 2013 at 9:52 am said:

no size matters on sale? I wanted that :/

+ ZaGe-zAiKaNo on April 29th, 2013 at 9:53 am said:

Those are some sick sales! I would love to get DMC HD, but i think i’ll save those 15$ for Capcom vs SNK 2 come tomorrow i hope.

By the way, what’s with the Soul Calibur video? Shouldn’t there be a Zombie Tycoon one instead? :o

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Laurent Mercure on April 29th, 2013 at 9:55 am said:

Stay tuned, we’ll have a video for you when we launch Zombie Tycoon 2 tomorrow!

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on April 29th, 2013 at 11:06 am said:

Thanks Laurent; we put the other Zombie Tycoon II video above, sorry for the mix up! Looking forward to the new video tomorrow ^_^

+ zingakun on April 29th, 2013 at 9:53 am said:

Can you confirm the rumours about Sleeping Dogs coming to the IGC? Please, make my day :D

+ gohan16ken on April 29th, 2013 at 9:53 am said:

Hey,

I am thinking about getting a PS Vita. There are 23 digital downloadable games that I want for it. Do you think there will be a price cut or a hardware refresh of the Vita for E3? I am trying to decide if I should get it now or wait until E3.

Suggest hardware refresh would be at least 32GB of internal storage and HDMI.

+ Ryumoau on April 29th, 2013 at 9:53 am said:

i’m alittle confused by the Metal Gear listings though. I see like 3 different Peace Walkers listed.

Also, does the MGS HD Collection listed at $19.99 include Peace Walker? if so, i’ll just get that since it’ll come with 3 games.

+ PapaPins on April 29th, 2013 at 9:54 am said:

I know if you buy the PS3 disc version of PASBR you get the vita version too. Do you get both if you buy the PS3 digital download? Thanks

+ Fardeenah on April 29th, 2013 at 9:54 am said:

nice sales. i really wish vita gets some better games in the next ICG update and please no psp games. i want some trophies and a good retail vita game not just some indie or psn title

+ Xnightwish on April 29th, 2013 at 9:54 am said:

Was expecting sale on psasbr only, yikes that’s a ton of sales

+ EvyatarAtarEvyat on April 29th, 2013 at 9:55 am said:

The trailer for Zombie Tycoon II: Brainhov’s Revenge is misplaced with the Soul Caliber trailer from last week.
Wow great discounts good job!

+ SiriusCJS on April 29th, 2013 at 9:55 am said:

I’m looking forward to trying Zombie Tycoon 2, but I’m LOVING the sale.

Any update on how Epix will work with PS Plus? It seems that it was announced a month ago that there would be a perk for Plus members, but I’m not seeing any.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on April 29th, 2013 at 10:06 am said:

I don’t have an update on that right now, only that they’re working on getting that functionality working for the service.

+ Dientes_chuecos on April 29th, 2013 at 9:55 am said:

How many discounts. Much more than I expected. Sly Cooper, God of War, Bioshock great games at a very reduced price

+ Vengeance914 on April 29th, 2013 at 9:56 am said:

Question, will Twisted Metal: Head On be compatible with the PS Vita?

+ Ryumoau on April 29th, 2013 at 9:58 am said:

@25 plus members were suppose to get benefits with Epix? I tried the free trial and loved that it had a few big new releases, but it didn’t have enough content to warrant me paying a subscription. If it becomes free for Plus members, that would be great.

+ Dookykong on April 29th, 2013 at 9:58 am said:

I prefer physical copies but God of War Origins for $10 with my $10 gift card why not, Thank You SONY!

+ WorcesterRaider on April 29th, 2013 at 9:58 am said:

These discounts are great to see. They are on some of the best games out there. I think I will have to pick up all the Metal Gear Solid games for these low prices.

Also Zombie Tycoon 2 is a lot of fun. Had the chance to play around with it at Pax east!

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on April 29th, 2013 at 10:11 am said:

Glad to hear you had fun with Zombie Tycoon 2 at PAX East. It seems like it has a lot of heart, and the the buzz has been pretty good on it. Looking forward to checking it out myself

+ SHAVEZ on April 29th, 2013 at 9:58 am said:

Where’s the May PS+ lineup?

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on April 29th, 2013 at 10:07 am said:

We’ll be announcing May’s lineup next Monday

+ Adelflame on April 29th, 2013 at 9:59 am said:

So… no discounts on the Allstars costumes? just the game? :(

+ Zionine on April 29th, 2013 at 9:59 am said:

I like the sales. :)

I would have loved Infinite.. but that’s way too early.. it’s still selling strong
DMC, could have been feasible, though right? I wanted to get that at a discounted rate..

As for the other titles… I would have picked up Resistance Burning Skies for under 15 or 10$.. :)
But.. I’m fine with MGS, Zombie Tycoon, Soul Sacrifice, and Sly Cooper all in one day.. :)

+ Fardeenah on April 29th, 2013 at 9:59 am said:

i am tempted to get LBP vita but i fear it might be added to the IGC some day… hesitating to buy

+ viceforce on April 29th, 2013 at 9:59 am said:

Wow first the Tomb Raider Flash Sale and now these? What the hell are you trying to do Sony, kill my hard drive or kill my bank account!?

+ sinta0531 on April 29th, 2013 at 9:59 am said:

Morgan, Which of the games on sale are “cross-buy”? And which are not? Thank you.

+ Kirnzee on April 29th, 2013 at 10:00 am said:

Great prices, when can we play Full Frontal Assault on our Vitas though? It’s been so long without word about this, except for the news last week that just said stay tuned.

+ CompC76 on April 29th, 2013 at 10:00 am said:

Oh, I thought the PS All-Stars sale was going to be DLC. I’ve been waiting to buy the Isaac/Zeus/Graveyard DLC since I thought it would be on sale. Guess not.

+ D-Squad3 on April 29th, 2013 at 10:00 am said:

WHERE ARE THE NEW ALL STAR DLC’s?!! Zeus and Isaac Clarke’s 3rd costumes still aren’t available!!!

+ GeoDarky on April 29th, 2013 at 10:00 am said:

Now that what i call MEAG SALES! Playstation <3

+ lm239 on April 29th, 2013 at 10:01 am said:

Morgan if i allready have the first Ratchet and Clank will i still be able to buy the HD collection? And if not will they be on sale seperately?

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on April 29th, 2013 at 10:08 am said:

I’m not sure; there may be some restrictions if you had the first Ratchet and Clank downloaded through the PS Store. If you’re interested, give it a shot. Can’t hurt to try and the PS Store will let you know up front if there any issues,

+ Arkafazin on April 29th, 2013 at 10:01 am said:

If MGS Portable Ops is on sale, does this mean that we might get it on Vita soon? :D

+ Nck90 on April 29th, 2013 at 10:01 am said:

nothing for me again.. I already own all this either from PSplus in the past or just got it really cheap in stores.. so another week a sales that dont impress me… maybe next week..

+ Francision69 on April 29th, 2013 at 10:02 am said:

Will PSABR be cross buy if I get the PS3 version?

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on April 29th, 2013 at 10:10 am said:

Yep; as long as you buy the PS3 version, you’ll get the PS Vita version along with it.

+ SAPINGOS on April 29th, 2013 at 10:02 am said:

Once again US PS+ is playing catch-up with the Europe in terms of free content but great sale if you don’t have any of this titles. Hey Morgan any chance of having a Final Fantasy sale in the future?

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on April 29th, 2013 at 10:09 am said:

Well we had a Final Fantasy sale not too long ago, so I don’t think it’ll be repeated any time soon, but hey you never know! Nothing that I know of though.

+ dodgedoors on April 29th, 2013 at 10:03 am said:

anyone who buys bioshock 2, add me when you decide you want to boost the multiplayer trophies

+ duke301 on April 29th, 2013 at 10:03 am said:

I’m glad that Zombie Tycoon 2 is added to Plus, can’t wait to try that one out. As for the sales, this confirms how big a nerd I actually am, because I have everything on that entire list with the exception of PlayStation All-Stars and the Metal Gear Solid Collection for Vita. I’m definitely in for PlayStation All-Stars since that is cross-buy enabled. However, I already have the MGS Collection for PS3, and that is good enough for me. As I already said, I doubt there is a bigger nerd around than me.

+ ZaGe-zAiKaNo on April 29th, 2013 at 10:03 am said:

@Francision69:

“(PS3 and PS Vita – Cross Buy Enabled)”

+ JTruF210 on April 29th, 2013 at 10:03 am said:

Was looking forward to Revengeance, DMC, and A Crack in Time :( hopefully the May Plus update has some good stuff

+ RoyMunson on April 29th, 2013 at 10:04 am said:

LittleBigPlanet Vita is awesome.

Morgan Haro's Avatar