PS4 - Destiny

Grab Killzone: Mercenary a Week Early, Pre-order Bonuses Detailed

Mark Green's Avatar + Posted by Mark Green on May 17, 2013 // Senior Producer, Guerrilla Cambridge

With each passing week, we edge closer to the launch of Killzone: Mercenary, the first PlayStation Vita entry in the acclaimed series. Contrary to convention, Mercenary is also edging a bit toward us: we can today confirm a new North American release date of September 10th — a week earlier than our previous target.

Players who pre-order Killzone: Mercenary will receive “Blackjack’s Briefcase,” a reward for their early support that affords them an early edge in both the game’s competitive online multiplayer and extensive Campaign mode. It includes:

Double XP Boost
  • Get out ahead of the pack! Start the 48-hour clock with this special access code and all contracts, bonuses and payoffs earn you twice the normal XP for two straight days!
In-Game Cash Bonus
  • Start the game and go straight to the armory! With this bonus payout, you’ll have enough Vektan Cash to pick up a new weapon before you even step foot on the battlefield.

In addition to the above, fans in the United States who reserve a copy of Killzone: Mercenary at GameStop will receive an exclusive gun for use in both Campaign and Multiplayer action: the M224-A1 Light Machine Gun.

• A powerhouse weapon of the ISA, the M224-A1 carries more than enough ammo to get the job done at the cost of accuracy. Fortunately for a Mercenary, subtlety is not always a mission requirement.

Killzone: Mercenary - M224-A1 Light Machine Gun

We have so much more to talk about and share. Please keep your eyes open for new content and reveals, plus impressions from journalists around the world as more and more people go hands-on and see the latest build of the game in action!

PAGE 1 2

+ yazter on May 17th, 2013 at 8:07 am said:

Oh my God I can’t waitsies!!!!! <3

+ G-Force08 on May 17th, 2013 at 8:08 am said:

Good idea moving the release date considering GTA V is coming out on the 17th.

I would have picked it up anyway. ;)

+ Lou-igi on May 17th, 2013 at 8:09 am said:

Can’t wait to play a new Killzone game on the Vita. My favorite Sony FPS series! Game looks absolutely impressive.

+ EggbokLye on May 17th, 2013 at 8:10 am said:

Can’t wait to play this, I love Killzone <3 :D

+ RE_Player on May 17th, 2013 at 8:11 am said:

Already had it pre-ordered and so happy you moved it up. Not only do we get it a little earlier this will make it so it isn’t lost in the fall release shuffle.

+ D-Squad3 on May 17th, 2013 at 8:12 am said:

Please tell me the aiming is great in this game, Killzones 2 and 3 had the underwater weight feeling to it which drove me insane! There should be NO lag when I”m turning my gun left and right.

Mark Green's Avatar

+ Victor Zuylen on May 17th, 2013 at 8:31 am said:

Aiming has been tweaked for the PlayStation Vita but it does retain some of its ‘weighty’ feel. We like it that way :)

+ Valde_zerocool on May 17th, 2013 at 8:13 am said:

You mentioned GameStop in the post but does this pertain to PSN, Amazon and other retailers? I know Littlebig Planet vita had something like this go on but it wasn’t as clear as this.

+ DexterP17 on May 17th, 2013 at 8:14 am said:

I might pre-order this and I don’t even have a Vita.

+ Xcaligamer1 on May 17th, 2013 at 8:14 am said:

bought a vita last year, had it stolen a month later. just waiting for my bday (july 2) to get another. will def get this. im still upset i didnt get to finish gravity rush before vita was fone. i have alot of catching up to do

+ Zionine on May 17th, 2013 at 8:14 am said:

OoOoooooo..

I get to have it for my birthday.. :D Mwahahahaa

+ Airwalkinman17 on May 17th, 2013 at 8:14 am said:

I absolutely LOVE Killzone… especially KZ3!!!
I’m so excited for the VITA version, I love my VITA and I feel that this is going to soak up SO much of my time.
Sooner you say? Color me Extra Excited!!!!

:D

+ Smert_ on May 17th, 2013 at 8:15 am said:

Count me in! Gotta say- the Killzone series are my favorites among the FPS genre. I loved the story in KZ2, how it brought you from a confident, “easy-win” ambiance, to a low, hopelessly screwed feeling, and then back to feeling victorious. And how KZ3 told the story of the political unrest and disorder on Helgan, picking up right where KZ2 left off! Cannot wait for KZ: Mercenary!

+ UnrealButcher on May 17th, 2013 at 8:16 am said:

I’ll wait until I hear or see more. Both from sites and gamers. While I’d like to preorder, it kind of feels like a way of getting us to buy before finding out how solid/long the single player is, and before hearing how the multiplayer (map size, total player size confirmed, amount of maps, etc…) is.

Don’t get me wrong. This is one of my top Vita games I’m looking to get, but this just seems weird to me. I may change my mind, if we see/hear more about it closer to launch. I really want a FPS with legs that will hold my interest both on and offline.

Thanks for your time and the update. I look forward to seeing more at E3.

+ Bicgoozgetten-69 on May 17th, 2013 at 8:17 am said:

Im gald the ps vita is getting good games now. I enjoy my vita more now that its getting all these cool update.

+ rangerfan7187 on May 17th, 2013 at 8:20 am said:

Get out of the way of GTAV! Smart move. Hopefully I’ll have a vita by then.

+ TainoGunslinger on May 17th, 2013 at 8:23 am said:

YESSSSSS!

+ Elvick_ on May 17th, 2013 at 8:23 am said:

Advertise the damn game and the PS Vita in general while you’re out it.

You just shoved out SS with no adverts at all. smh

+ soundandvision77 on May 17th, 2013 at 8:26 am said:

Can’t wait. I hope the pre-order bonus is available in Canada too.

+ Spazgadget on May 17th, 2013 at 8:33 am said:

This game is looking fantastic.

+ Rrans on May 17th, 2013 at 8:33 am said:

P E R F E C T!!!!

+ IIL0YDII on May 17th, 2013 at 8:34 am said:

Still see some fps drops, not going to buy day 1 because of this, I’ll wait for reviews.

+ Soliduss_hun on May 17th, 2013 at 8:35 am said:

I like the killzone 2 contoll…. the weight was realy cool. The Killzone 3 have faster controll but the feel ot the weight is realy good..
this is not cod.. lightning fast runandgun and auto aim series… this is killzone :D

Any info about a bundle? I want a special Killzone “red eye” vita.

Mark Green's Avatar

+ Victor Zuylen on May 17th, 2013 at 8:39 am said:

We have no information about (the possibility of) a bundle at this time, sorry!

+ bocahfooty on May 17th, 2013 at 8:36 am said:

Let me guess, you won’t announce digital preorder bonus until a day before release?

+ IronStorm613 on May 17th, 2013 at 8:41 am said:

I really like Killzone. Favorite shooter along with Resistance. I have very high hopes for this game and cannot wait for it. Please keep it great and true the the series! I believe in you guys!

+ Gorvi on May 17th, 2013 at 8:41 am said:

Will there be a demo of some sort before release?

Mark Green's Avatar

+ Victor Zuylen on May 17th, 2013 at 8:44 am said:

Unfortunately I can’t comment on the possibility of a demo at this time.

+ Enforcer_X on May 17th, 2013 at 8:44 am said:

@D-Squad3
I very much love the weighty feel in Killzone if you want twitch go play CoD.

+ GhostMachine1 on May 17th, 2013 at 8:47 am said:

A demo would be nice, but I will likely purchase this based on reviews. Also, did I just see a crotch stab? OUCH!

+ trustyourpilot on May 17th, 2013 at 8:49 am said:

I’m very happy this was moved away from GTA V, now Mercenary can get the attention it deserves.

+ Mando44646 on May 17th, 2013 at 8:58 am said:

is the pre order bonus with the PSN copy as well?

+ Soliduss_hun on May 17th, 2013 at 8:59 am said:

Any info about a story? We will know what happend Rico,Sev and Jammer after they ruin Helghan. Or we wait the shadow fall or the magic Killzone 4?

+ Seeby4 on May 17th, 2013 at 9:07 am said:

This game looks amazing. Right now, I’m in the middle of Soul Sacrifice.
I’ve had this game pre-ordered as soon as I could pre-order it.
But, GameStop pre-order exclusive.
Eh, I shop at Best Buy. So no gun for me.

+ Logan22 on May 17th, 2013 at 9:10 am said:

Nice, avoid all the GTAV craziness.

+ BraidedWALLACE on May 17th, 2013 at 9:12 am said:

Does the game support in game voice chat or are we force to use party chat to communicate with people we may not want to add to out friend list..

+ Sons-of-Helghan on May 17th, 2013 at 9:18 am said:

I crossing my fingers for any PlayStation Home pre-order promotional content for Killzone Shadow Fall or Killzone Mercenary! x3

+ dh4645 on May 17th, 2013 at 9:23 am said:

loved all the killzone games.

Mark Green's Avatar

+ Victor Zuylen on May 17th, 2013 at 9:38 am said:

Right now that particular preorder bonus is exclusive to US GameStop customers. If additional preorder bonuses for other retailers become available, we will announce them here on the PlayStation Blog and on Killzone.com.

+ actio1_618 on May 17th, 2013 at 9:32 am said:

I’m getting this game. Sad to see one of my fav guns locked behind a preorder though. Any other way to unlock it?

+ Fardeenah on May 17th, 2013 at 9:32 am said:

demo pleaseee

+ FJ1100_rider on May 17th, 2013 at 9:34 am said:

@6 d squad
guns are heavy , rifles range between seven and ten pounds , LMGs are twenty or more pounds , heavy machine guns like a .50 cal ae seventy five plus … that weight makes the barrel tend to be heavy and hard to keep held up , even harder o quickly change aim side to side
I know it’s a game but realistic weapon aim and feeling heavy makes killzone stand out
if you want light feeling weapons with unrealistic aiming play call of duty

definitely buying this , killzone rocks and psvita needs a good fps . instead of making it less realistic add in barrel movement from breathing and make it harder to aim after sprinting across the map , and consider adiing more customization of weapons , I want a scope and silencer and bipod and to design custom graphics onthe rifles, not one Or the other

+ LionFranco on May 17th, 2013 at 9:40 am said:

I’d really like to get this on the PSN instead of going retail. Is there any way you guys can give PSN users preorder bonuses too? Even if they arent the same as the GS versions?

OH, and we REALLY need a 64gb Vita memory stick before Killzone…i dont have any room for new games (i know you dont handle any of that, but i’m just mentioning it for the sake of mentioning it).

+ WHITE_PR on May 17th, 2013 at 9:59 am said:

One of my reasons that i bought a PS Vita was because of this game.

PS3 + Vita + PS4 is THE perfect team!!!

+ illtornworld on May 17th, 2013 at 10:04 am said:

I cant wait! im buying 2 copies because im such a fan! Great bonues thank you guys! It encourages early sales :-) And come on a KillZone Mercenary Vita bundle id buy that! Red vita with Helghast on back left touch pad and isa on the right side! mannn *drools*

+ JKar275 on May 17th, 2013 at 10:13 am said:

I’d like to see a pre-order bonus for PS Plus members for the digital version of this game.

Will this game have any underwater combat or maps?

+ ValinEndac on May 17th, 2013 at 10:22 am said:

Please add the Pre-Order bonuses to the PSN store just as they did for Soul Sacrifice.
I only buy games for my Vita on the PSN and I would like these bonuses.
I will buy it either way, but I just would like the same treatment as the people that buy it from GameStop.

+ bldudas on May 17th, 2013 at 10:24 am said:

I love Killzone. This game should be great for my Vita.

+ Gamzinga on May 17th, 2013 at 10:35 am said:

It’s been over a year, and finally the game is dropping. I’m really looking forward to play it on the Vita, there’s a lot on the line and expectations too!

But I have to say the game honestly deserves a bundle. Just like Tearaway, these are triple AAA games that people would be definitely interested in playing and having a bundle makes the purchase more worthwhile. Assassin’s Creed Liberation had a bundle, and we all know how that game plays. I will bet all my life savings in saying that Killzone Mercenary and Tearaway are better games than Liberation, and they will review and play better than Aveline.

A bundle for Killzone Mercenary and Tearaway with maybe an exclusive PSVita skin included like the Soul Sacrifice one in Japan would do exceptionally well. Time it right for the price cut in August or before September 10th when Killzone releases and there will be nothing but prosperity. The future is clear Sony, make it happen.

+ Squiggle55 on May 17th, 2013 at 10:44 am said:

I loved absolutely everything about Killzone 3 multiplayer. I hope this is as close to that as possible.

+ Stranger_Eddie on May 17th, 2013 at 10:46 am said:

I hope the developers of this game, have created a long campaign in single player mode, different from the shameful and short Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified! >:(

+ Metalsonic_69 on May 17th, 2013 at 10:47 am said:

Love the multiplayer in KZ2 and 3. Disappointed in the small number of players and what that means for the varied classes and dynamic objectives. Could still be great.

+ manuel1220 on May 17th, 2013 at 10:53 am said:

will there be customization for you character

+ OnesOwnGrief on May 17th, 2013 at 10:53 am said:

No lag while turning a gun lol. Like a gun weighs like a feather lol. Wouldn’t be a problem if all other games actually tried to give some added dimension to their weapons lol. It’s senseless to able turn effortlessly with a big rifle in hand. They aren’t super soldiers lol.

PAGE 1 2