PS4 - Destiny

Mercenary Kings On The Move To PS4

Jean-François Major's Avatar + Posted by Jean-François Major on Jun 10, 2013 // Co-Founder, Tribute Games

Mercenary Kings on PS4

We’re really excited to tell you guys about the game we’re currently working on over at Tribute Games. Mercenary Kings, coming to PS4, is a 4-player co-op run and gun shooter with a compelling crafting system. Team up with up to 3 friends to take on an evil organization named CLAW.

Mercenary Kings on PS4

What really makes Mercenary Kings stand out is the depth of its crafting system. While you’re on missions, defeating enemies and completing objectives will reward you with loot. This loot can be used to craft new gun parts and combine them to fit your play style! Want to put a shotgun barrel on that sniper rifle receiver? Why not!? Each gun is split up in five (receiver, magazine, stock, sight and barrel) with a selection of ammo types. We have over 300 gun parts already in the game so the possibilities are endless.

Mercenary Kings on PS4

Enough rambling about customization. The game really starts to shine when you play with friends. A lot of people ask us why we went with split screen over forcing everyone in one screen. With our mission system, we quickly realized we wanted to give players the freedom to split up, and tackle various objectives separately and then possibly meet back up to take on the bigger main objective. Since our levels aren’t linear and bosses don’t necessarily always appear at the same spot, it’s a good idea to split up to find where the boss appeared this time and meet back up once found and take him down together!

All the news from PlayStation’s E3 2013 Press Conference

Grand Theft Auto V PS3 Bundle, Custom Pulse Elite Headset & Custom Audio Mode

Destiny of Spirits Brings Social Strategy to PlayStation Vita

New The Walking Dead DLC, Series Coming to PS Vita with Bundle

+ Undrey on June 10th, 2013 at 7:20 pm said:

METAL SLUG!

+ PrimeroIncognito on June 10th, 2013 at 7:59 pm said:

I love these kinds of games. :)

+ AstrOmicron on June 10th, 2013 at 8:12 pm said:

Sony, PLEASE! You HAVE to bring this to the Vita. It’s the perfect game for the handheld. You have no idea how happy I’d be if I got those sweet Paul Robertson sprites on the Vita. DO IT!

+ detictiveconan on June 10th, 2013 at 8:18 pm said:

Metal Slug with custom weapons? YES PLEASE!

Also Vita version maybe please???

Jean-François Major's Avatar

+ Jean-François Major on June 11th, 2013 at 9:26 am said:

Don’t forget local and online 4 player coop!

+ ChopyBR on June 10th, 2013 at 8:26 pm said:

Any info about a Vita version?

+ FeddeCampo on June 10th, 2013 at 9:04 pm said:

Yeah vita version can be very cool and fun, great game :)

+ Hengbok on June 10th, 2013 at 9:04 pm said:

Paul Robertson FTW!!

Jean-François Major's Avatar

+ Jean-François Major on June 11th, 2013 at 9:24 am said:

Paul is a machine. So glad we have him on board. You should see how fast he can crank out these awesome animations!

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on June 10th, 2013 at 9:50 pm said:

When I looked at it real quick I thought it was Contra lol

+ Kchow23 on June 11th, 2013 at 1:49 am said:

Awesome!

+ Elvick_ on June 11th, 2013 at 5:20 am said:

Looks great. :3

+ detictiveconan on June 11th, 2013 at 6:54 am said:

just remembered this morning that PS4 Is supposed to be able to Remote Play all games onto the Vita.(and not be all laggy and crap like PS3) So I guess if/when I get a PS4 I’ll be able to play on it that beautiful OLED Vita screen.
(But I’d still like a Vita version if it’s possible.)

Jean-François Major's Avatar

+ Jean-François Major on June 11th, 2013 at 9:24 am said:

Yeah that’s correct.
    We’d love to make a Vita port at some point but can’t promise anything at this time considering the size of our team. :P

+ GStylez1980 on June 11th, 2013 at 11:17 am said:

Sounds like a 2D version of Borderlands…totally sold.

I would also like to throw my vote in for a PSVita version. Remember, the attach rate for Vita is 10 games per system. There may not be a ton of us Vita owners, Mr. Major, but we do buy a ton of games!

Jean-François Major's Avatar

+ Jean-François Major on June 11th, 2013 at 7:49 pm said:

I’m a huge Vita fan myself. So trust me, I would love to see it on there at some point.

We do get the Borderlands comment a lot as well! Amazing game. Pretty sure it has impacted some of our design decisions.

+ blitzwing256 on June 12th, 2013 at 4:50 am said:

You had me at 2D sprites…you had me at 2D.

+ MickeyWard09 on June 14th, 2013 at 7:21 am said:

I’ll be getting this, and I’ll buy a second copy if it comes to Vita too!

+ deusslayer on June 14th, 2013 at 12:44 pm said:

Not only does this remind me of metal slug, it reminds me Gunster, the Defunct sidescrolling MMO that reigns still as one of my favorite F2P games ever. I was so depressed when it was shutdown, BUT this looks like it will be even better. I really can not WAIT to play this game. Take your time guys on making it amazing, I prefer to wait a long time for a truly quality product than to play a rushed game.

+ Neil on June 15th, 2013 at 11:18 pm said:

Had a chance to play this at the show. The team did a great job demonstrating the game as we played it. This is one of my most anticipated PS4 games.

Jean-François Major's Avatar

+ Jean-François Major on June 17th, 2013 at 7:04 am said:

Glad you enjoyed our walk through!
    Thanks for dropping by.