LittleBigPlanet 3

PlayStation Plus: E3 2013 Sale, Free Machinarium, Uncharted 3, XCOM, More

Morgan Haro's Avatar + Posted by Morgan Haro on Jun 10, 2013 // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

Many of you saw the announcement last Friday of Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, and LittleBigPlanet: Karting. In addition to those, I’m here to drop some new content and sales for this week’s PlayStation Plus update, which include Machinarium coming free for PS Plus members, and an E3 2013 sale on some of the biggest games available digitally. It’s a big week, with a ton of content, so read on to learn more!

PlayStation Plus - 1-year MembershipPlayStation Plus - 3-month Membership

June 11th PlayStation Plus Update

Uncharted 3
PSN Price: This item is only available as Free for PS Plus members
The highly acclaimed single player campaign of Uncharted 3, along with the Free to Play Multiplayer Mode will be available for all PS Plus members to experience, free with their membership! A search for the fabled “Atlantis of the Sands” propels fortune hunter Nathan Drake into a desperate bid for survival that strains the limits of his endurance, forcing him to confront his deepest fears.
XCOM: Enemy Unknown (PS3)
XCOM Enemy Unknown
PSN Price: $39.99, Free for PS Plus members
From the award-winning creators of Civilization comes an action-strategy game about humanity’s last stand. Threatened by an unknown enemy, Earth’s governments unite to form an elite paramilitary organization, known as XCOM. As the commander of XCOM, you must create a fully operational base, research alien technologies, plan combat missions, and lead your soldiers in fierce battles against a terrifying alien invasion. The decisions you make will affect the fate of humanity. You are our last hope.
LittleBigPlanet Karting (PS3)
LittleBigPlanet Karting
PSN Price: $39.99, Free for PS Plus members
Sackboy returns in a completely new Karting adventure to save the Craftworld universe! Get behind the wheel to race through fun-filled tracks, battle in hectic arenas, and collect items in open-world environments. Compete in exciting mini-games and modes unlike anything you’ve seen, and enjoy endless levels created by the LittleBigPlanet community. From game modes to weapon types, never before has Sackboy had so many customization options. If you can dream it, you can drive it!
Machinarium (PS3)
Machinarium
PSN Price: $9.99, Free for PS Plus members
An astoundingly unique adventure with the best of adventure game sensibilities, Machinarum is one game that you might have always heard of, but never had a chance to play. Gamers who loved the puzzle mechanics of games like The Walking Dead will find much to love with Machniarium. With a unique art style and several awards including ‘Best Indie Game of the Year’ by Gamasutra.com, you owe it to yourself to check out this unique title on PS3.
Music Unlimited (Offer only on subscriptions purchased on PS3 or PS Vita)
Music Unlimited
30% Discount for PS Plus members (PSN Price: $59.99; PS Plus Price: $41.99)
Connect instantly to the songs you love with the Music Unlimited service. A library of songs, playlists and channels streaming from your favorite devices. Millions of choices. No ads.
E3 2013 Sale (PS3)
E3 Sale 2013
Various Discounts
You’re already set to take in all the amazing E3 news and announcements coming this week. We’re excited too, and while a lot of the games shown at E3 won’t be available to play at home for a while, we’re happy to pass along some amazing deals on some of the best in PS3 and PS Vita gaming to help tide you over.

E3 2013 Sale

The Unfinished Swan $14.99 $7.49 $3.75
Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit $14.99 $7.49 $3.75
The Walking Dead – Season Pass $19.99 $9.99 $5.00
Dishonored – Dunwall City Trials $4.99 $3.49 $2.79
Dishonored – The Knife of Dunwall $9.99 $6.99 $5.59
Dishonored – Void Walker’s Arsenal $3.99 $2.79 $2.23

Last Chance (Leaving on 6/18)

Instant Game Collection

The Knife of Dunwall
Void Walker’s Arsenal
PORTAL 2
PORTAL 2 IN MOTION
MENS ROOM MAYHEM

PlayStation Plus Update 6-11-2013

You’ll find all the content detailed above with their Plus benefits active when the PlayStation Store updates tomorrow.

There will be plenty more to discuss this week, so make sure you watch for all the PlayStation announcements to come at E3. In fact, you can watch today’s press conference right here on PlayStation.Blog.. In the meantime, if you’ve got feedback or thoughts on today’s Plus update, leave them below, or, if you’re looking to engage with more of the PS community, make sure you head over to the PlayStation Community to discuss this week’s news more, find other topics to contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself. See you in the comments!

PAGE 1 2 3 4 7

+ klassymike on June 10th, 2013 at 9:13 am said:

To all you Vita owners, the PS3 has been around since 2006, which should definitely take priority over the Vita. Also the Vita was added to the IGC in November, which I’m sure the yearly titles will be switched out at that time.

+ PainOfSarrow on June 10th, 2013 at 9:13 am said:

sound shapes for $3.75 is a huge steal. so is walking dead for 5, also hell yeah rabbit. the rest is ehhh and unfinish swan is childish. anyways these games been on sale many times before so its to bad really. wish games like limbo or something we RARELY see discounted was on sale instead. owell il check out Guardians of Middle-Earth atleast.

+ DanteMerfi on June 10th, 2013 at 9:15 am said:

Amazing job, Morgan. We truly appreciate it.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on June 10th, 2013 at 9:31 am said:

thanks! the PSN / PS Plus team always aims to please

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on June 10th, 2013 at 9:18 am said:

@46 — Red Dead Redemption was free in Europe, not the US. Actually, it was part of SCEE’s 2012 E3 announcements. The US didn’t get it though. Also, no God of War game has ever been free for the US. Discounted yes, but not free.

By the way, of course I own those games. I think they’d be great additions to the IGC because they are AAA titles that have a lot of value to new members, and also, I’d love to get rid of my discs and keep all of my games digital.

+ a1_re4 on June 10th, 2013 at 9:20 am said:

I bought the Walking Dead season pass back when it was on sale in the Best of 2012 sale. At the time I had PS+ but now that I don’t it won’t work. I was under the impression that discounts that you get from PS+ and games that you BUY do not go away after you lose PS+. What gives? I can’t even play my Walking Dead despite having paid for the season pass. Help??

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on June 10th, 2013 at 9:36 am said:

this is a tricky one. The Walking Dead Ep 1 and 2 were free in Plus. The WD games are sstructred in a way to always look for WD Ep 1 to run the other episodes. Therefore, since you don’t have Plus, the further episodes might be having trouble working.

You’ll want to conact CS here and let them know that you should have access to the complete game since you have the Season Pass. This is a tricky one, and a rare issue, so it may take some explaining with the agent.

800-345-SONY

If you have trouble with CS, please send me a DM on the PlayStation Community http://community.us.playstation.com/ (username: mochuuu)

+ Techly on June 10th, 2013 at 9:21 am said:

I think I need a bigger hard drive.. not bad. list, can’t wait to see what else is coming.. Wouldn’t mind Red Dead Redemption.. Also, when will I be able to get Pinball Arcade? It still errors on both PS3 and Vita for me…

+ Domi-Origato on June 10th, 2013 at 9:22 am said:

This is an awesome update!!
Still waiting on FFV for Vita though. Also, Crystal Defenders would be a good free plus game!

+ venom845pd on June 10th, 2013 at 9:27 am said:

Definitley getting metal gear rising at that price!!!!!!

+ xClayMeow on June 10th, 2013 at 9:28 am said:

@klassymike, I completely disagree because of your exact reasoning – the PS3 is old now and being “replaced” by the PS4, whereas the Vita is in it’s second year and will tie in heavily with the PS4. The focus right now should be on pushing Vita sales leading up the PS4 launch, not PS3.

+ Stringer2355 on June 10th, 2013 at 9:32 am said:

Nice sales, but nothing I want.

+ klassymike on June 10th, 2013 at 9:35 am said:

@ ClayMeow

The PS3 isn’t going away any time soon, just as the PS2 didn’t, so it’s not being replaced. The PS4 is a New Gen system but definitely not replacing the PS3.

+ lm239 on June 10th, 2013 at 9:35 am said:

Which game should I get Tomb Raider or Assassins Creed 3?

+ TUNA-EGG on June 10th, 2013 at 9:36 am said:

Finally! I can pick up Unfinished Swan with this sale! Thank you Sony!

+ TJF588 on June 10th, 2013 at 9:39 am said:

And my lament has become, seeing those Dishonored add-ons in the list, knowing that once again there’s no sale for add-ons of the games I already have. May have to debate calling Customer Service to have a free game or two removed from my account so I can buy them outright (QC, perhaps). Still haven’t played rightly any of TWD since it dropped to ten bucks earlier this year, but five bucks both isn’t enough to cry over and enough to buy for. Will the Home events yield PS Plus codes in time for this sale? Might get my brother to buy it.

+ daggerfang on June 10th, 2013 at 9:39 am said:

This is awesome!!! Thanks so much Playstion :D I got new games to play yayy:D

+ toastedSopas on June 10th, 2013 at 9:40 am said:

Is the free machinarium also available to Vita?

+ Chizuzuu on June 10th, 2013 at 9:40 am said:

I will be purchasing AC3: Liberation.

I may also flip a coin on whether or not to buy the walking dead. I do not have a PS3 nor want it for PS3, but if the Vita version is released with cross-buy, a $5 wager would pay off nicely.

I’d probably pick up Quantum Conundrum at that price if only you could buy games that you got through IGC. Please pass along the message that a number of people would like to be able to buy games at sale prices they already have through IGC, for the option to keep the game when their plus membership lapses.

+ TJF588 on June 10th, 2013 at 9:41 am said:

@61 klassumike – Right, and the Game Boy line still co-exists with the DS models. Once PS4′s userbase has filled out, PS3 will be dropped, at the least from new content.

+ PainOfSarrow on June 10th, 2013 at 9:45 am said:

though nothing for me in this sale , everybody with a plus account should def pick up sound shapes for $3.75. even if you only like rap some of the beats go harddd. can def flow to alot of them.

+ YorlecmNwahs on June 10th, 2013 at 9:45 am said:

Go to Google

Search “Let’s Get FlatOut Head On PS Vita Compatible”

Click on the first result.

Sign the petition please.

+ darthcarnage3483 on June 10th, 2013 at 9:45 am said:

UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception (PS3) Single Player and Free to Play Multiplayer Bundle, XCOM: Enemy Unknown (PS3), LittleBigPlanet Karting (PS3) and Machinarium (PS3

now sure 1st game sucked compared to uncharted 1 and 2 besides I beat it. second game never tried, but wanted to, 3rd game total pony awesome always wanted to try LBP karting. (love the pony out of the LBP series and 4th game I hve no idea what it is.

and yes

I am a BRONY

+ Ghostwize on June 10th, 2013 at 9:47 am said:

@68 tjf588

You do realize they just stopped producing Ps2′s in January of this year right? 13 years after it’s initial release. The ps3 will still be around for quite some time. Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 was the final ps2 release in North America. Nothing you said has any merit lol. :P

+ klassymike on June 10th, 2013 at 9:48 am said:

@TJF588

That’s a long way off.

+ carberri on June 10th, 2013 at 9:48 am said:

Amazing week for PS+ users. The question is “What to buy?” There’s so many games…..

+ lisatsunami on June 10th, 2013 at 9:52 am said:

Good sales, thanks.

+ Xx_3xpLoiT_xX on June 10th, 2013 at 9:52 am said:

Really Exited to See Uncharted 3 on The IGC, I Got that game borrowed so now I can Platinum it!! and also Looking forward To Purchease the Ac III Liberation For Ps Vita!! :D Just at 14 !! Great Week To have Plus!!

+ Michzadood on June 10th, 2013 at 9:52 am said:

Morgan we need more discount for Vita games and also we need Ps One Classic in the IGC, Thanks.

+ FeistFan on June 10th, 2013 at 9:52 am said:

REALLY looking forward to Uncharted 3 – I never did find a price I liked on it, and since I only really want the single player, this is AWESOME!

I passed on Machinarium when it was on sale a while ago, but that was a tough call – glad to see it free, now.

The Music Unlimited sale pales in comparison to the incredible deal from last fall, but might get some stragglers to take a look. Restrictions on how we can use it on multiple devices in our household and general clunkiness of the apps makes me disappointed overall, and I wonder if you’re going to get squeezed out of the market by Google and, eventually, Apple. You’ve still got a shot at an awesome app here if you’d address the software side a bit better – but as it is, I doubt we’ll be renewing unless you discount 85% again this fall. [Post 1 of 2]

+ FeistFan on June 10th, 2013 at 9:53 am said:

Oddly enough, the biggest disappointment in this list for me is LPB Karting – not because it’s a bad game (my daughters and I love it!), but because at $10 for PS+ subscribers a few months ago, it seems ridiculous that anyone who might like it didn’t jump at that price, as I did. All these games with heavy DLC content seem like no-brainers for PS+ discounts or freebies. I’d love to see more sales or free content from the DLC, particularly while it’s on the free list.

The sales are interesting, but oddly enough the great giveaways make me wary of buying on sale, unless the deal is just insane. And while these are decent deals in many cases, none of them strike me as insane. The best of the bunch may be Assassin’s Creed III, but I expect to see a Game-of-the-Year edition with DLC bundled in the next 3-6 months, for the same price or less (and perhaps with less disk space required), so with money tight I’ll probably enjoy Uncharted 3 and wait on ACIII – and save my money for another hard drive upgrade, instead. [Post 2 of 2]

+ viceforce on June 10th, 2013 at 9:55 am said:

Morgan apart from all the Plus content that was posted is this all? or will more be announced at E3?

Other than that these are some good sales but I have a problem with the Music Unlimited. I had purchase that on plus discount for 12 thats TWELVE BUCKS!!! Putting on a sale that is over 3x is much is a rip off.

+ viceforce on June 10th, 2013 at 9:57 am said:

Also Morgan do you know the exact file size for Uncharted 3? because I have been having doubts whether to pick it up tomorrow or not given it a huge file size.

+ boomstickbhg on June 10th, 2013 at 9:57 am said:

Yay another sale on everything I own/the most bought games.

Nothing for me this week/month and it’s E3.

Of course the BBRC (Bargain Bin Rental Collection) started ruining Plus last E3ish so I guess it makes sense that it would be bad this time of year especially.

+ dantheman1440 on June 10th, 2013 at 9:58 am said:

is the Playstation All Stars Battle Royale sale for vita or ps3 or both and when does this sale go to.

+ stalemate666 on June 10th, 2013 at 10:02 am said:

Really glad we are getting Xcom been awhile since we got something I was even close to that interested in too many shooters over the last months. I hoping we see something like Catherine, Valkyria Chronicles, Alice Madness Returns, ICO/Shadow of the Collossus or Twisted Metal in the following months.

+ BdubbleYou on June 10th, 2013 at 10:03 am said:

morgan if you or anyone else on here can answer this it would be appreciated. Does anyone know if i will be able to watch the conference on my
vita last yeat wasnt able to. will watch on my tv if have too but wouldmuch rather watch on vita if possible. great upbate btw hopefully more vita love to come but still awesome…

+ Loco4FourLoko on June 10th, 2013 at 10:06 am said:

@44 you realize what week it is correct? Sorry to expect something decent during the week of e3 for vita

+ warcat666 on June 10th, 2013 at 10:06 am said:

discounts on sonys music and a few indie games on sale for the vita…thats it? Look at that long list of free and discounted games for the PS3, Thats BS. Sony is always slacking on games for the Vita when in comes to the PS+ and sales. I’m thinking the Nvidia Shield is sounding pretty good. At least Nvidia is supporting their handheld and its not even out yet.

+ TATTOO_INK_JUNKI on June 10th, 2013 at 10:11 am said:

Nice update! I wish I would of known about this update sooner. I bought the walking dead season pass yesterday for 19.99 :(. I assume I cant get a refund? :/

+ Ghostwize on June 10th, 2013 at 10:13 am said:

@88TATTOO_INK_JUNKI

Call customer service. They are pretty good about refunding stuff that goes on sale for dirt cheap a few days after purchase. Doesn’t hurt to try!

+ Kbuom on June 10th, 2013 at 10:17 am said:

Hello morgan

You guys are really rockin the Vita

Psp games one or zero every two months a lot of classics games like naruto saga availables in europe still not in NA psn
Ps clasics one or zero every month legends of dragoon for example.
Vita sales 1 or 2 in the e3 week against like 20 sales for the ps3
Vita games like warrior lairs or final fantasy x with poor information or still in deveploment since the launch of psv.

Really breathtaking support keep it coming. Thx god im skipping your ps4

+ JeffsonP_US on June 10th, 2013 at 10:28 am said:

Hi Morgan! Any info about Pinball Arcade PS Vita fix?

+ TXCScorpion on June 10th, 2013 at 10:28 am said:

Saw the sales and was semi unimpressed until I got down to the bottom. You guys are rocking this PS+ thing lately. Though I already buy PS+ for my family members and recommend it to all my friends for the discounts alone making it worthwhile you keep impressing as of late. Keep up the good work!

+ TwinDad on June 10th, 2013 at 10:35 am said:

Morgan,

Do you know if the Music Plus Subscription stacks like it does for PS+?

+ samv33 on June 10th, 2013 at 10:40 am said:

I’ve heard so many good things about Sound Shapes, I think it’s time to pick it up. I own all the other content besides XCOM, which I’m thrilled about, and I’ll definitely be downloading Machinarium to play again.

And a good discount on Music Unlimited. Not as good as the Xmas price when I got it for about $1 a month, but I use the service almost every day. Pleased with my subscription to it.

+ Welmosca on June 10th, 2013 at 10:44 am said:

Ah come on Sony we need more PSN only games discounted and also games that you haven’t given for free already…..I’ll be picking up Sound Shapes….which(shame on me) I haven’t bought yet….anyway thanks for XCOM for free…that is a game I would never buy.Also thanks for Machinarium too…point-and-click games aren’t worth of ma money.

@ 1 T3DV0L70L1N4 – GoW 3 and Ascension will never have a digital version.

+ DaGimp13 on June 10th, 2013 at 10:48 am said:

@ Morgan

No offense bud, but I think I’ll pass on the Music Unlimited discount. personally, I find the service is great…when it works properly. when it doesn’t, it’s not even worth the $1/month ($12/year) I got it for when it was discounted previous….even if the service is stackable like PS+, I can’t justify spending an extra $1.25 a month more than what I currently am, and it’s not due to cheapness, it’s due to the service working halfassed…for instance, the new Alice In Chains album on the first 3 days it was on the service, didn’t play the 2nd half of the album.. wtf is the point in having whole albums that only play half, or channels that skip over 4 songs in a row constantly?

Sorry dude, but had Sony made it $12/year again, I probably would have jumped on it, but not when its $30 more than last time, equaling if stacked an extra $1.25 per month (12/year + 42/year = $54 divided by 24 months=$2.25).

however, everything else in the IGC is a go!

+ xClayMeow on June 10th, 2013 at 10:48 am said:

@klassymike, I never said the PS3 is going away, but there’s no point in pushing PS3 sales any further, they should be focusing on the Vita and then the PS4.

+ BigBacon87 on June 10th, 2013 at 10:54 am said:

Not very impressed with LBPK and Xcom coming to the IGC I really feel they could have done much better than that but I can’t deny those are some awesome sales. The Walking Dead season pass for $5 is where I am going to start things off myself, should tide me over until The Last of Us arrives.

+ klassymike on June 10th, 2013 at 10:57 am said:

@ ClayMeow

I’m sure the Vita will be kicking in soon with many more games to be available. The PS4 hasn’t even been launched yet, and people act like it’s going to die a quick death when the PS4 launches later this year. Why wouldn’t they continue the push sales on an already proven system? I just don’t agree with your point?

+ AndreaB on June 10th, 2013 at 10:57 am said:

This is the best update in the last 5 months for Plus members!
Thank You Sony!