PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

PlayStation Plus: Saints Row: The Third Free for Members

Morgan Haro's Avatar + Posted by Morgan Haro on Jun 17, 2013 // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

After an incredible week at E3, we’re back in action with our noses to the grindstone, so to speak. You likely saw the announcements that touched on PlayStation Plus, and we’re looking forward to sharing more news with you in the coming months on PS Plus and the benefits of one membership across PS3, PS Vita, and now PS4; of which we confirmed will have an Instant Game Collection.

Of course, we’re still bringing you new content every week in PS Plus, and this week is no exception. With tomorrow’s PlayStation Store update, you’ll have access to the critically acclaimed Saints Row: The Third on PS3, and the anime stylized PSP action game Gods Eater Burst (compatible on PS Vita); both free with your PS Plus membership. Read on, and let us know what you think!

PlayStation Plus - 1-year MembershipPlayStation Plus - 3-month Membership

June 18th PlayStation Plus Update

Saints Row: The Third (PS3)
Saints Row The Third
PSN Price: $39.99, Free for PS Plus members
Years after taking Stilwater for their own, the Third Street Saints have evolved from street gang to household brand name, with Saints sneakers, Saints energy drinks and Johnny Gat bobble head dolls all available at a store near you. The Syndicate, a legendary criminal fraternity with pawns in play all over the globe, has turned its eye on the Saints and demands tribute. Refusing to kneel to the Syndicate, you take the fight to a new city.

Gods Eater Burst (PSP, Compatible on PS Vita)
Gods Eater Burst
PSN Price: $19.99, Free for PS Plus members
In Gods Eater Burst, the earth is plagued by altered beasts known as Aragami. The player is a new member of an elite force created to wield the God Arc (the only weapon capable of killing the Aragami) and devour the hostile gods. The player’s mission is to defeat the Aragami and gather material from them for research, but the player soon will realize they are being drawn into a giant conspiracy that will irreversibly alter the fate of humanity

Last Chance (Leaving on 6/25)

Instant Game Collection
Blazblue: Continuum Shift Extend
Vanquish

Discounts
HAMILTON’S GREAT ADVENTURE
DRAW SLASHER

You’ll find all the content detailed above with their Plus benefits active when the PlayStation Store updates tomorrow.

If you’ve got feedback or thoughts on today’s Plus update, leave them below, or, if you’re looking to engage with more of the PS community, make sure you head over to the PlayStation Community to discuss this week’s news more, find other topics to contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself. See you in the comments!

PlayStation Plus Update 6-16-2013

PAGE 1 2 3 7

+ Isidrera on June 17th, 2013 at 8:01 am said:

First I would like to congratulate Sony on the new fantastic console, but most of all on respecting so much they’re custumers on they’re services(not like other conpanies). I have been a ps Plus member for over a year now, and I am very pleased with the service, I have so many games that I cant possibly play them all, and since last week I lost my Soul to the XCOM, cant stop playing it. But I have a question, most out of curiosity, what is the critirea for a game to enter the IGC, how do you choose?

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on June 17th, 2013 at 10:30 am said:

There are many factors that go into a game being in PS Plus; too many to share here, but as long as overall you’re enjoying the content, we’ll keep doing what we’re doing, while taking in the feedback from everyone at the same time and adjusting where neccessary. Thanks!

+ Gorvi on June 17th, 2013 at 8:01 am said:

Two great looking games, you guys rock. :)

+ Mister-Nep on June 17th, 2013 at 8:02 am said:

I’ve been looking forward to playing Saints Row 3 for a while now. I hear it’s a fun game.

+ Isidrera on June 17th, 2013 at 8:02 am said:

And now Another game I love SAINTS ROW 3!!!!!!! LET THE CRAZINESS BEGIN!!!!!!!

+ AIexKidd on June 17th, 2013 at 8:03 am said:

Any info on Europe Plus sales?

+ VenomGusz2 on June 17th, 2013 at 8:03 am said:

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!! SAINTS ROW!! I was going to buy it!! Thanks for my birthday gift!!

+ Ejsponge61 on June 17th, 2013 at 8:03 am said:

I got the “Full Package” edition of Saint’s Row 3 a while back. It’s a fantastic game. I still pop it in every once in awhile, and I beat it almost a year ago. To those plus members who haven’t played it yet, you’re in for a TREAT.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on June 17th, 2013 at 10:30 am said:

agreed; it’s an open world game with it’s own set of rules and ways to have fun.

+ ManaByte on June 17th, 2013 at 8:05 am said:

Can’t wait to play Saint’s Row the Third!

+ Hundredhandslap on June 17th, 2013 at 8:05 am said:

nice, after getting a plat in Sleeping Dogs I’m ready for some more free open world trophy goodness. Thanks PS+

+ Shinra_Soldier7 on June 17th, 2013 at 8:06 am said:

Saints Row The Third looks like a great game! By the way, Any chance we could see a game like Mass Effect 3, Crysis 3, Dead Space 3, or an Assassin Creed games other than the 3rd one enter plus anytime in the near future? Thanks!

+ Aexuz on June 17th, 2013 at 8:06 am said:

God Eater!!!

+ XeahuleXolic on June 17th, 2013 at 8:06 am said:

I know what Im downloading !! Saint’s Row 3, Thank you PS +

+ MJoniaux on June 17th, 2013 at 8:08 am said:

hahaha I used to think PS+ was awesome until I went to Steam on PC. I can never go back to paying full price for a digital game it’s such a scam. I was able to get 8 AAA games for like $60. How many AAA games can you get on PSN for that price??

+ xFuzylilManPeach on June 17th, 2013 at 8:10 am said:

Two sweet games for my handheld and console. Happy PS customer right here :) Thanks Sony!!!

and @ Isidrera, i know the feeling with XCOM lol it took over my life too when i got it near its release.

+ carlpain on June 17th, 2013 at 8:10 am said:

I was expecting discounts, but it is all right. I’m glad the E3 ones are still on. I still need to buy a couple of them.

+ Suicide_Surfer on June 17th, 2013 at 8:11 am said:

No discounts?

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on June 17th, 2013 at 10:31 am said:

No new ones slated for this week

+ Suicide_Surfer on June 17th, 2013 at 8:12 am said:

and also, please stop giving us old psp games

+ StingrayX on June 17th, 2013 at 8:12 am said:

I already have the GOTY edition of SR, but I’m interested in Gods Eater…but PLEASE Sony…give us a BIGGER Vita memory card! With the ps plus on vita, my 32 gig card is already full :(

+ xFuzylilManPeach on June 17th, 2013 at 8:18 am said:

and @12, this is PLAYSTATION BLOG, i understand Steam is great and all but go post it on their blogspot.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on June 17th, 2013 at 10:32 am said:

It’s totally valid feedback, so no need to discourage it. We value feedback and thoughts no matter where people are gaming. If there’s something we should be paying attention to, we’ll be counting on you all to let us know

+ pablofsi08 on June 17th, 2013 at 8:19 am said:

PS4 still has time to implement retrocompatibility through software emulation with PS3 games, PS2 games and PSX digital games through software emulation (which they already have in their Gaikai milk-off-more-money-from-players system) and decline Plus being mandatory to play online maintaining online playing free for everyone. I want my PS3 digital purchases through the PSN Store to be playable and DON’T WANT TO BUY IT AGAIN WITH THAT CHINESE SCAM SERVICE CALLED GAIKAI. If they don’t, I will give the thumbs down to PS4, use my PS Plus account to “buy” free PS4 games (no paid games) and only buy it after it has dropped it’s price dramatically or they add compatibility with PS3 in any way they want to and they decide to keep as valid my games collection. I encourage everyone that bought over 190 digital PS3 games supporting this company to do the same. RESPECT TO MY PS3 GAMES COLLECTION!

+ gamer_316 on June 17th, 2013 at 8:20 am said:

Saints Row: The Third is an amazing game, I already got it with all the DLC, got the trophies @ 100%, only bad thng about this game to me is that the story isn’t as good as Saints Row 2

+ Ghostwize on June 17th, 2013 at 8:25 am said:

I assume then the E3 sale shall continue! Huzzah! No other sales this week though huh? SR3 dlc discounts?

+ detictiveconan on June 17th, 2013 at 8:25 am said:

I don’t about Saints Row 3 at all but I’m currently playing X-Com obsessively and I’m really exited to try out Gods Eater Burst.

+ Honored-Atticus on June 17th, 2013 at 8:26 am said:

I love when you put in the Instant Game Collection a game for PS3 and other game for PS Vita at the same time. Thanks.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on June 17th, 2013 at 10:33 am said:

the best of both worlds! it can’t happen all the time at this point, but glad you approve =)

+ EvyatarAtarEvyat on June 17th, 2013 at 8:26 am said:

I said it once, and I’ll say it again please stop with the old psp games and give us vita games!

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on June 17th, 2013 at 8:26 am said:

AWESOME! Saints Row 3 is an amazing game, and it’s probably one of the best games ever offered for free through PS+. I already platinum’d it when I bought the disc, but I love that a game of this quality is being offered for free. Thank you!

As usual here’s my IGC wishlist:

God of War (all games in the series; digital versions of GOW3 & Ascension)
Grand Theft Auto (all games in the series)
Guacamelee
Hitman Absolution
Machinarium (Vita)
Max Payne 3
Metal Gear Rising
Metal Gear Solid HD (PS3), digital version of MGS4
Red Dead Redemption
Red Faction Guerrilla & Armageddon
Uncharted 1 & 2

Also, could you add Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops to the Vita store? It’s available in all regions except North America, and it’s also the only MGS game I haven’t played!

+ Yuranium on June 17th, 2013 at 8:27 am said:

Oh boy. Sony, give me a chance to spend some money. Too many good games, my back logs are way too far now.

+ babman121 on June 17th, 2013 at 8:28 am said:

Morgan. Thanks so much for listening to our feedback and getting us better games. This is why I will stay with Sony and PS plus through the future. Just one quick question, are we ever gonna see a rockstar game on sale soon like max payne 3? That would be amazing. Any major sales comming up that might have that? Thanks Morgan. You are awesome!!!

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on June 17th, 2013 at 10:35 am said:

You’ll just have to stay tuned to the updates to see what’s coming for discounts, but anything is possible. PLus wasn’t Max Payne 3 just on sale as part of the Ultimate Editions sale? I think you might have missed it! =| Usually, we announce discounts the week that they hit. So keep checking back to see what’s new. Thanks!

+ rebell1186 on June 17th, 2013 at 8:30 am said:

This are some games I’d like to see next month on IGC:

-Batman Arkham Asylum or Arkham City
-Catherine
-Red Dead Redemption
-Ico & Shadow of the Collosus
-Limbo
-I am alive
-Doom 3
-Warp
-L.A. Noire (of there is a Digital version)
-Worms Ultimate Mayhem
-F1 Race Stars
-Alice Madness Return

Thanks!

+ Tjoeb123 on June 17th, 2013 at 8:32 am said:

@1 Basically…

Sony: “Can we make (game) available to Plus members on the IGC?”
Publisher: “Sure, why not?”

OR

Publisher: “We would like for our game, (game), to be available on the PlayStation Plus IGC.”
Sony: “Sure thing!”

The same applies for any PSN discounts.

+ Ryumoau on June 17th, 2013 at 8:35 am said:

Yay! Thank you so much for Saints Row 3. This has been a great plus month, aside from Orc Attack being delayed.

+ Ryumoau on June 17th, 2013 at 8:36 am said:

wish there were discounts on the Saints Row dlc as well.

+ whitepony02027 on June 17th, 2013 at 8:38 am said:

Are there any plans to replace Orcs Attack! for Vita this month? I was really looking forward to picking that up.

+ Jefss-usa on June 17th, 2013 at 8:38 am said:

Morgan I’m not able to download the language pack PT-BR UNCHARTED 3 in the game, he goes to PSN but appears only French and Spanish. I’ve tried on PSN U.S. and Brazil but had no success.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on June 17th, 2013 at 10:35 am said:

Thank you, I’ll pass that along to the teams

+ KirAMinh on June 17th, 2013 at 8:39 am said:

DmC i need this game join IGC. plz

+ Ramon922 on June 17th, 2013 at 8:40 am said:

My wishlist is Red Dead Redemption, Batman Arkham Asylum and City, all God of War games Far Cry 3, and Assassin’s Creed games.

+ Ghostwize on June 17th, 2013 at 8:41 am said:

@32 whitepony02027 Gods Eater Burst is the replacement since Orc Attack was delayed.

+ Ryumoau on June 17th, 2013 at 8:41 am said:

@12 yes it would be great if Sony tried harder to be more competitive with their digital pricing on psn. I don’t even mean against steam. They aren’t cheaper than retail outlets like gamestop or even Amazon.

@32 God Burst Eater is the replacement for Orc Attack. Not sure why they replaced a Vita game with a lesser psp game though. Hopefully we will still get Orc Attack free when it does come out.

+ Dpen00 on June 17th, 2013 at 8:42 am said:

I would really like to see deep discounts and sales on PSP games like the EU store had a few weeks ago. They had some great titles for very cheap. PSP IGC games I can play on Vita are nice, but I would rather a killer sale on PSP games. Thanks for God Eater Burst!

+ aardmadrox on June 17th, 2013 at 8:44 am said:

@19 You have a ps3 now I assume. So play all 190 digital games you have. I was mad for all of like 10 seconds about backward compatibility. Get over it. So what we wont be able to sell our ps3s for like 100buckss towards ps4. And they haven’t said a thing about pricing for Gaikai maybe its free with plus and a small fee to register your already owned games. Who knows lets wait to find out.

+ Kuya_Hyuuga on June 17th, 2013 at 8:46 am said:

Good way to get people ready for Saints Row IV.

+ likeanobody on June 17th, 2013 at 8:48 am said:

Saint’s Row is the worst addition to ICG since Foosball… But yeah, I still love PS Plus.
Just wished we could have more RPGs on ICG. A JRPG would be nice for a change, I can’t remember any JRPG coming to PS3 ICG.

+ JeffsonP_US on June 17th, 2013 at 8:51 am said:

Thanks for Gods Eater Burst! Continue offering PSP games as part of IGC! I love them! ^^
And, you already have any info about a Pinball Arcade PS Vita fix?
Thanks!

+ zingakun on June 17th, 2013 at 8:52 am said:

I’m still uncertain if I should go straight to SR: The Third or play SR2 before…

Hey Morgan how are you feeling after E3? No polls this week? Please, do you have any news regarding EpixHD free content to plus?

Thank you!

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on June 17th, 2013 at 10:39 am said:

E3 was great! The poll should now be up btw, and I’m afraid I have no news on the Epix stuff

+ XtemmA2 on June 17th, 2013 at 8:52 am said:

Personal fact: Me no more want PSP classic games for Vita in IGC, just like i want no PS2 classic for PS3 in IGC.
If you guys really want me to play PSP games on Vita so badly, give them in some form of PS+ discounts.
MAYBE i’ll buy one.

+ gusty81 on June 17th, 2013 at 8:55 am said:

Any updates on whether or not Pinball Arcade is going to be fixed? It’s been a month now and I still can’t download the game.

+ gus_xl on June 17th, 2013 at 8:56 am said:

Looking forward to God Eater Burst. Thanks Morgan.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on June 17th, 2013 at 10:40 am said:

it seems like a pretty cool PSP game. I haven’t played it, but it looks great, hope you all play it too!

+ Keltic-Rage on June 17th, 2013 at 9:02 am said:

Great addition!looking forward to it! Please bring ico/SoC state side soon!

+ Ghostwize on June 17th, 2013 at 9:03 am said:

@41 likeanobody

Not sure if serious……..

+ GamerZ-Elite- on June 17th, 2013 at 9:04 am said:

I bought that game but never finished and traded. Now I will finish that damn game. Thx Sony

PAGE 1 2 3 7