PS4 - Destiny

PlayStation Plus: Saints Row: The Third Free for Members

Morgan Haro's Avatar + Posted by Morgan Haro on Jun 17, 2013 // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

After an incredible week at E3, we’re back in action with our noses to the grindstone, so to speak. You likely saw the announcements that touched on PlayStation Plus, and we’re looking forward to sharing more news with you in the coming months on PS Plus and the benefits of one membership across PS3, PS Vita, and now PS4; of which we confirmed will have an Instant Game Collection.

Of course, we’re still bringing you new content every week in PS Plus, and this week is no exception. With tomorrow’s PlayStation Store update, you’ll have access to the critically acclaimed Saints Row: The Third on PS3, and the anime stylized PSP action game Gods Eater Burst (compatible on PS Vita); both free with your PS Plus membership. Read on, and let us know what you think!

PlayStation Plus - 1-year MembershipPlayStation Plus - 3-month Membership

June 18th PlayStation Plus Update

Saints Row: The Third (PS3)
Saints Row The Third
PSN Price: $39.99, Free for PS Plus members
Years after taking Stilwater for their own, the Third Street Saints have evolved from street gang to household brand name, with Saints sneakers, Saints energy drinks and Johnny Gat bobble head dolls all available at a store near you. The Syndicate, a legendary criminal fraternity with pawns in play all over the globe, has turned its eye on the Saints and demands tribute. Refusing to kneel to the Syndicate, you take the fight to a new city.

Gods Eater Burst (PSP, Compatible on PS Vita)
Gods Eater Burst
PSN Price: $19.99, Free for PS Plus members
In Gods Eater Burst, the earth is plagued by altered beasts known as Aragami. The player is a new member of an elite force created to wield the God Arc (the only weapon capable of killing the Aragami) and devour the hostile gods. The player’s mission is to defeat the Aragami and gather material from them for research, but the player soon will realize they are being drawn into a giant conspiracy that will irreversibly alter the fate of humanity

Last Chance (Leaving on 6/25)

Instant Game Collection
Blazblue: Continuum Shift Extend
Vanquish

Discounts
HAMILTON’S GREAT ADVENTURE
DRAW SLASHER

You’ll find all the content detailed above with their Plus benefits active when the PlayStation Store updates tomorrow.

If you’ve got feedback or thoughts on today’s Plus update, leave them below, or, if you’re looking to engage with more of the PS community, make sure you head over to the PlayStation Community to discuss this week’s news more, find other topics to contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself. See you in the comments!

PlayStation Plus Update 6-16-2013

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 7

+ smoothboarder540 on June 17th, 2013 at 11:29 am said:

Saint’s Row: The Third is a great addition. By the way everyone, there is a full game trial for Saint’s Row. And my understanding is that you can download that, and be able to unlock the game after the store updates. You may have to play through the 60 minutes though. If I’m wrong someone can go ahead and correct me.

+ fruitcakeS101 on June 17th, 2013 at 11:31 am said:

Why do you put what games are going to be leaving the IGC in the following week alone? Maybe it’s just me but I don’t ever remember what game/games are going to be leaving and ALWAYS find myself going back to last week’s PS+ update to see what will be leaving for this week to make sure I activated it.

Maybe add the current as well as the following week in the PS+ updates.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on June 17th, 2013 at 11:35 am said:

good feedback, it might make the post a bit too long in the tooth on some weeks though, which is why we just opt to at least give a week’s head’s up.

+ PainOfSarrow on June 17th, 2013 at 11:33 am said:

how can ppl not have saints row the 3rd by now ? its dirt cheap but kool eather way. anyways.. up urs Xbox.

+ NickMulder on June 17th, 2013 at 11:40 am said:

I love Playstation Plus with an absolute passion and I have since the day I started but there’s one thing I fear going into the next generation. With PS4, I’m extremely worried that since Plus will be required for online play, the quality of content and discounts will decrease since Plus will no longer be as optional as it is now. I’m EXTREMELY worried about this to be honest. I will never let my Plus subscription expire but some people might. I just hope the quality doesn’t decrease with the IGC and discounts for the PS4 now that it’s practically mandatory :/

+ Sneakerbox on June 17th, 2013 at 11:41 am said:

This is why I love PS+ Amazing benefits and amazing games. I’m still playing games from so long ago. Its hard to get to all of them, but its still great to have so many full retail games to play and amazing PSN titles. The discounts are a plus(no pun intended).

+ bitmuncher on June 17th, 2013 at 11:42 am said:

Excellent update, God Eater Burst made my day!!!!
Can´t wait to get Luftrausers, any news on when does it come out?!
Cheers!!!!

+ DaGimp13 on June 17th, 2013 at 11:43 am said:

“Hi, Everyone. If you were following all of the coverage from E3 last week, you know that there’s plenty of great content coming to PlayStation Vita. From the first unveil of Assassin’s Creed III Liberation (which will also sport a limited-edition PS Vita bundle) to the announcement of PlayStation All Stars: Battle Royale coming to Vita with PS3 cross-play support, from PSone classics support via a system software update (coming this summer) to new streaming partners (Hulu Plus and Crackle), the content lineup for PS Vita is stronger than ever.”

-Eric Lampel, VP, Sony Network Entertainment on June 11th, 2012.

——————————————
@Morgan

Seeing as Crackle was announced & grandstanded as new streaming partners for Vita at last years E3 as “Coming Soon”, let alone the week after, as Mr. Lampel stated above, why is it now 1 year later, and there has still been no mention or sight of this free app, that mind you, Sony completely controls? When exactly is “soon”? I know if I told the wife I’d do something soon, and took a year to do it, my balls would be in a vicegrip if you know what I mean…

+ TwinDad on June 17th, 2013 at 11:44 am said:

Morgan,

I hope now that E3 is over, life gets back to a little less hectic,

Can you , pretty please, confirm if Sony is aware of the PSVita “Perpetual download bug” with the PSVita store? Mine and many others lock up once a second title to download is started and I have to hard power off the unit.

+ BusyManDan on June 17th, 2013 at 11:45 am said:

Wow what a birthday gift. Thanks so much Sony! Can’t wait to download Saints Row. Been a Plus member for a while and will continue to be one. BTW wanting to get the Pulse Elite Headphone for my birthday. Any word if they will b compatible the the New Awesome PS4. Thanks

+ iuhawkeyelaw on June 17th, 2013 at 11:54 am said:

Personally I like PSP games as part of PS Plus provided that they are games I want to play. Since we all like to play different games, I’m sure one will come along soon that I want to play :) Hint…Parappa the Rapper :) :)

+ SpaceOddity87 on June 17th, 2013 at 11:55 am said:

It would be nice if PS+ would get some discounts this week, too, but the two games look great. So glad this has gotten back on track.

+ thelookey6 on June 17th, 2013 at 11:56 am said:

Please pass the word to stop with the psp games for vita and push more for the actual vita titles.

+ xClayMeow on June 17th, 2013 at 11:56 am said:

Morgan, sorry but I don’t believe you that it’s a 50/50 split between those that want PSP IGC and those that don’t. I’ve never seen anyone say “give me more PSP titles!” It’s usually something along the lines of “well, it’s better than nothing.” If the choice is native Vita game vs. PSP title, the split will lean heavily toward Vita. In fact, the only PSP games I’ve seen people request are the two GoW games, but now that a GoW collection is coming to Vita, that request may lessen….not to mention it really has to do more with those games being extremely overpriced. As someone mentioned, a discount on PSP titles for all Vita owners would be a lot better than the occasional free PSP game.

+ BlueBl1zzard on June 17th, 2013 at 12:02 pm said:

Nice update, looking forward to Saints Row.

@Shadow64 yeah I feel ya, I’ve wanted the same thing for a while now.

+ paulokazii on June 17th, 2013 at 12:03 pm said:

Can’t wait to get my hands on the PS4 ! <3 Sony

+ DonkeyKongKilla on June 17th, 2013 at 12:04 pm said:

@Morgan – It’s alright I’m just saying though, didn’t realize it took so much on that alone. I’ll pick it up when I delete some other games. Still a good update, should just make a download specifically for Single player, bring down the GB if possible. I mean I’d rather have it that way you know.

+ Satnamji on June 17th, 2013 at 12:08 pm said:

Hi, Morgan. To piggy back on what Shadow64 (comment #99) said about purchasing games Plus members have already downloaded (“purchased”) for free as part of the IGC: A couple of months ago during a big sale (April, I believe) I bought the Borderlands 1 & 2 pack even though I had already downloaded Borderlands 1 last September when it was in the IGC. The price difference between just Borderlands 2 and the two-game pack during the sale was only $1, so I figured, what the heck? However, when I check the expiration date of Borderlands 1, it still says it’s set to expire on the same date as my Plus membership (even after deleting and redowloading the game), whereas Borderlands 2, of course, has no expiration date. Does that mean I still won’t own Borderlands 1 should my Plus membership ever lapse. This is important to me because I also bought all the Borderlands 1 DLC and have yet to finish it.
Thanks!

+ BlueBl1zzard on June 17th, 2013 at 12:18 pm said:

@xClayMeow (#113) I’m not sure if you’re actually checking the comments, but #57, #58, #62, #72, and #110 all don’t mind getting PSP titles. And I’m not sure how many people would actually pick a vita game over a PSP one simply because it is a vita game. I know I’d personally pick whichever game I think I’ll play/enjoy more, and if that happens to be a PSP game so be it.

+ Darth-Krayt on June 17th, 2013 at 12:18 pm said:

I admit to having my first major disappointment with Plus last/this week, and no…..it’s not about having to be a member to play online on PS4……so long as the value is still in the free games.

My disappointment is in that Plus members didn’t get access to the Final Fantasy 14 beta. It’s the first mmorpg that looks good enough in every way to even get me to consider paying a subscription fee to play a single game. But it really does look that great on top of being an amazing FF game in general.

But without a period to try out the game for free, there’s just no way I’m gambling on paying for the game on top of the sub. IDK about anyone else, but I’m a serious potential customer for FF14. Is there any way you can sneak me a beta code, Morgan?

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on June 17th, 2013 at 12:18 pm said:

I just wanted to make a quick comment regarding the polls. Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this. Usually when I vote, I get a message telling me I already voted. I need to click the “load unsafe scripts” button in order for the site to recognize that I haven’t voted yet. Sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn’t and I’m not able to vote. Might want to have the developer in charge of those surveys check it out. I have the problem on Chrome, Firefox, and IE on Windows 7.

+ Soldier1Class on June 17th, 2013 at 12:18 pm said:

PS+ is an amazing service you guys are really bringing it, only thing i have noticed that needs work from you guys is advertising ps+ on commercials and showing all the free games and what it provides compared to other competitors, i was at first hesitant to get ps+ because i didnt know how it worked. Also we need more AAA games for vita, i dont play it as often.

+ DCS-Tekken on June 17th, 2013 at 12:19 pm said:

Plus… How about giving us Mortal Kombat: Komplete Edition FREE for PLUS Members??? Or at least drop the Price down… It’s only 19.99 in Retail stores… Yet 49.99 on the PS Store! Come On!

More FREE fighting Games for PS3 Plus members please? (Not Vita Games) Arrgg!

Some things u might want to consider for Plus members? Plus members should get NEW digital games at a Discount on release date for being a Plus member… Even if it’s only 5.00 off the game!

That would make Plus so much better…

+ TWODEEEE on June 17th, 2013 at 12:20 pm said:

already have SR3 but its a good game, i got a PLAT trophy on it, a good ps plus update tho, looking to forward to see what else we get this summer

+ Insomnia999 on June 17th, 2013 at 12:22 pm said:

Great stuff, keep it up!

Have you guys thought of including a 1 month PS Plus code in first party retail games to promote Plus?

Can we get Half-Life 1 on the PS Store as a PS2 Classic? I think that would be an excellent title to add to the ‘Classics’ collection.

+ Suicide_Surfer on June 17th, 2013 at 12:29 pm said:

Hey Morgan,
How about a discount (or free) on the multiplayer part of Starhawk. A while back, we got Starhawk but only the single player campaign(fun but short). The game’s focus it on multiplayer and its a little too expensive. The MP is $20 on the store even though the whole game is like $10 on amazon. Just wondering if we could get a price drop, because i really want to try out the MP!

+ PrinceofXIII on June 17th, 2013 at 12:29 pm said:

definitely checking Saints Row III out :D

+ tusunami on June 17th, 2013 at 12:34 pm said:

This is a good selection of games to get for PS Plus. Already pre-ordered my PS4 launch ed. from Amazon!!!!!!!!!!

+ HeLLeVeN11 on June 17th, 2013 at 12:35 pm said:

How about putting another game in place of Pinball Arcade (Vita) since we can’t download it, problem still not fixed since may 21st it’s in the IGC.

+ stekimafijas on June 17th, 2013 at 12:41 pm said:

Amazing work.
Getting my Vita tomorrow, after a long time of contemplating it you guys blew me away at E3 and made me realize Vita has amazing potential hardware-wise as well as the support it has of almost all the PS1 games on PSN, PSP games, and now this.

Seriously PS+ is mad value for money, simply amazing.

+ saab01 on June 17th, 2013 at 12:44 pm said:

Overall I cant wait to download Saints row the 3rd tomorrow it looks like a fun game and with trophys it should be even better. For the time being its time to play more of The Last of Us

Here is my Wishlist for the IGC

La noire
Re6
Max Payne 3
Dishonored
Hit man absolution
Catherine
Crysis 3
Skyrim
Soul caliber v
Need for speed most wanted
Dead or alive 5
Playstation all stars
Mortal kombat komplete edition
Twisted metal
Beyond good and evil hd
I am alive
Castle crashers
Unfinished swan
Odd world strangers wrath hd
Siren blood curse
Under defeat Hd
Crysis
Tokyo jungle
Resident evil 4 hd
Limbo
Papo and yo
Sine mora
Okami hd
Shatter

+ poodude on June 17th, 2013 at 12:47 pm said:

Sweet update. Looking forward to finally playing SR3.

God Eater Burst looks fun as well!

+ Brandon1596 on June 17th, 2013 at 12:48 pm said:

Morgan, how much space do i need to download the single player for uncharted 3, i an having trouble. i have 40gigs available and it says not enough space on hard drive.?

+ PRINCE_DEAD_ROSE on June 17th, 2013 at 12:48 pm said:

Very excited hope they keep adding better and better games. Deus Ex was prob the worst game i ever played. if playstation wants to keep me and my cousin paying for Playstation Plus, i highly recommend not putting garbage ass games :)

+ Fardeenah on June 17th, 2013 at 12:53 pm said:

man this psp game is disappointing, the only psp game i want is metal gear solid peace walker, god of war, ghost of sparta and chains of olympus. i cant wait for LBP vita to come to ps plus as well as rayman origins and Assassin’s creed liberations

+ I_want_games on June 17th, 2013 at 12:58 pm said:

Quick question, will the music unlimited discount still be available?

+ JamalVita_91 on June 17th, 2013 at 12:59 pm said:

Thanks So Much Morgan. “God Eater Burst” Looks Awesome! I’m Still Focusing On Playing/Beating “Black Rock Shooter”. Maybe I Can Draw My Attention Towards This Afterwards…. Again, Thank You! =)

+ sic2291 on June 17th, 2013 at 12:59 pm said:

Gods Eater Burst is a nice addition, I was interesting in trying it first out in case the second one for the Vita gets localized.

+ JamalVita_91 on June 17th, 2013 at 1:01 pm said:

@134: If You Go To The PSN Store With Your Vita, You Should Be Able To Find Those Games Under The “PSP” Section.

+ martinirage1 on June 17th, 2013 at 1:01 pm said:

I love it when there are crossplay games. Hopefully there are more coming because I want to use my Vita more

+ klassymike on June 17th, 2013 at 1:02 pm said:

@Brandon 1596

You need about 90 GB to download UC3. After it downloads and you install it, it will only take up about 45 GB on your HDD.

@PRINCE_DEAD_ROSE

Just because Deus Ex wasn’t to your liking doesn’t make it a crappy game. I personally didn’t care for it either because of the first person view, but it’s still a AAA title.

+ Dragonslayer_023 on June 17th, 2013 at 1:11 pm said:

This is the kind of PSP game that I want in the IGC. Great week.

+ ichigo9996 on June 17th, 2013 at 1:11 pm said:

Great games for PS+ owners, only one question , God Eater Burst are going to arrive to PS+ Latam ?

+ Tjoeb123 on June 17th, 2013 at 1:18 pm said:

@132 and 140

Better yet, go to the WEB store, “buy” the Single Player Experience through there. Then, on your PS3, go to PlayStation Network>Account Management>Transaction Management>Download List, and you’ll see all of the components to the game. YOU ONLY NEED THE F2P MULTIPLAYER (6GB), SINGLE PLAYER EXPERIENCE (12GB), and SINGLE PLAYER EXP. 2D MOVIES (14GB).

Therefore, you only need 36GB (72GB) of space, and a long…..loooooonnnnnggggg…..time.

@140 was referring to the total download size of the ENTIRE GOTY edition, which also includes stuff like multiplayer DLC map packs and the Co-op modes.

+ Knife-8 on June 17th, 2013 at 1:19 pm said:

Seeing that EA has eliminated their ps3 online passes and that there are not going to be online passes for Sony games for the ps4, since you have to have ps+ to play online, does anyobody know if Sony plans on removing online passes for existing / future ps3 and vita games for ps+ users? Thanks.

+ Yuuno-Misaki on June 17th, 2013 at 1:44 pm said:

Omfg.
Sony, you have no idea how much I love you guys.
That PS4 is the most beautiful thing I’ve seen in my life from a Electronics company.
That FFXV. <3

And now, you guys bring in God Eater to IGC.
AHHH
fdsmkllafmsdkl

Okay, being honest here.
I had a modded PSP-2000. And I played God Eater on it. But, my analog stick was screwed up, and I had an uncomplete English patch on the game, so I couldn't enjoy it as much.
The fact that I could finally play it the right way makes me so happy. ; u;

These games weren't even featured in the last Drop.
Such a welcome surprise. <3

+ xWaanted on June 17th, 2013 at 1:45 pm said:

Saints Row 3 is an awesome game i would highly recommend anyone who wants to play a less serious game to pick this up.I already have the platinum so i don’t get too benefit from playstation plus this week. But i definitely cant complain with uncharted 3 and little big planet karting being so awesome.

+ smoothboarder540 on June 17th, 2013 at 2:01 pm said:

@143 That’s actually still a lot more than you need. You’d only need 72 GB if you wanted to install all of the files at once. The whole point of the game being broken down into multiple files is to install them one at a time. Based on those numbers that you just mentioned, you would only need about 38 GB of free space. Which is pretty manageable.

+ SephTiger on June 17th, 2013 at 2:05 pm said:

For anyone interested in playing God Eater Burst, you can play it online by using Adhoc Party. Not sure if it works with the Vita, haven’t tested it, but it probably will.

+ Rezolution77 on June 17th, 2013 at 2:05 pm said:

Can not say, I completely approve of Saints Row for IGC.

I can, however, say that after watching some gameplay video , how it might turn out to be a decent game.

Disappointed with the Ogre game being taken out of the lineup, as it looked pretty good and Gods Eater seemed a little too much like Soul Sacrifice, but maybe, without the interesting story.

Please continue the discounted sales on Psone, and Psp games.

Will Abe’s Odyssey And Exodus ever join the 1/2 price sale?

Anyway, thanks

+ MANDO31694 on June 17th, 2013 at 2:08 pm said:

I have a question for PS+ on the PS4. Do other profiles on the same PS4 require PS+ to play online or does just one profile need it because that would suck having to pay for PS+ when another profile on the same PS4 has it and you can play the free games too. I ask this because I have the main profile on my PS3 and I have PS+. My brother has his own profile of course and doesn’t have PS+ because I have it already and he can play he free games too. Please answer this question because it is a big factor to my purchase of a PS4

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on June 17th, 2013 at 2:36 pm said:

We’ll get in to the details of PS4 and PS Plus in the coming months, but for the time being, I don’t have any further news or details to share other than what was discussed at E3. Keep posting those questions though! They do help us get the right info to you guys as part of a holistic communication plan.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 7