PS4 - Transistor

Hotline Miami Hits PS3 and PS Vita Tuesday With PS-Exclusive Mask

Nigel Lowrie's Avatar + Posted by Nigel Lowrie on Jun 21, 2013 // Devolver Digital

Let’s get to the news you’ve all been waiting for first – Hotline Miami will launch for $9.99 on PlayStation 3 and PS Vita on June 25th! The teams at Dennaton Games, Abstraction Games, and Devolver Digital have worked incredibly hard to reproduce the fast-paced gameplay and super tight controls of the original game, and we couldn’t be happier with how Hotline Miami plays on PS3 and PS Vita.

The PlayStation versions of Hotline Miami will also have an exclusive new mask designed by Abstraction and Dennaton Games. After months of top secret bovine research, we finally get to unveil our new friend: Russell the raging bull.

Hotline Miami on PS3 and PS Vita

Russell is hidden early in the game, and when equipped will turn the entire game black and white save the neon text and red blood left behind as you rampage through each floor of every level. It’s a really neat effect, and even changes up the video filter a bit to give the whole game a classic film look.

Hotline Miami on PS3 and PS Vita

There are also a bunch of new upgrades, like leaderboards for each level of the game, Trophies, and even touch support for lock-on targeting in the PS Vita version. Plus, Hotline Miami is a Cross-Buy title on PlayStation Network, so you can buy it for PS3 and PS Vita with a single purchase!

Thanks again for all the support. Follow @HotlineMiami on Twitter for more news and fun from now through launch!

PAGE 1 2

+ tusunami on June 21st, 2013 at 1:16 pm said:

Awwwweeeee yeeeeaaaah, this be dynomite believe it!!!!!!!!!!!

+ JBLAZELAJARA1 on June 21st, 2013 at 1:20 pm said:

I remember hearing something about a co-op mode, is that still in there?

Nigel Lowrie's Avatar

+ Nigel Lowrie on June 21st, 2013 at 7:41 pm said:

There was never a co-op mode, no!

+ BBboy20 on June 21st, 2013 at 1:51 pm said:

Oh. Thought we might get a Ratchet or Sly mask.

+ Zezzler on June 21st, 2013 at 2:11 pm said:

I received a free copy on PC, and loved it to death. I have put over 10 hours into the PC version. I will be more than happy to buy this and replay it on my Vita! Congrats on the launch Dennaton!

+ Mind_Less on June 21st, 2013 at 2:13 pm said:

A game I’m more than happy to buy a third time.

+ Ryumoau on June 21st, 2013 at 2:30 pm said:

Will there be a ps plus discount to this game?

+ DasRequiem on June 21st, 2013 at 3:55 pm said:

I got Hotline Miami for PC but I know I need it in my Vita. I gotta get this soon!
I love this game.

+ Phoenix7469 on June 21st, 2013 at 5:48 pm said:

Miami Heat repeat and now Hotline Miami. 305!

+ BiOHAZARD-901- on June 21st, 2013 at 8:38 pm said:

lmao this game looks funny. Now I gotta go buy a PSN card and maramusa comes on the same day. Really glad I bought a Vita!

+ smokey_vols on June 21st, 2013 at 9:50 pm said:

Buying. I’m enjoying all these indies on my Vita. Just finished up all the trophies on Limbo and Thomas Was Alone the other day.Looking forward to this one!

+ PainOfSarrow on June 21st, 2013 at 9:53 pm said:

what i hate even more is when a question is asked and you get completly avoided.

+ JOHNDOE5 on June 21st, 2013 at 10:43 pm said:

SONY! WE WANT A PATCH FOR JAK AND DAXTER COLLECTION PSVITA! THE FRAME RATE IS TERRIBLE!

+ Bloodios on June 21st, 2013 at 11:40 pm said:

@PainOfSarrow
There is a total of twenty-one chapters and each of them usually has more than one section to complete. If you’re really good, you can probably get through the whole game in a few hours, but otherwise, you may find yourself dying over and over and over, especially later in the game. There are also secrets to look out for in order to unlock the secret ending, and those are quite a pain too. Anyway, what I just mentioned is based entirely on my experience with the PC version, so it might not hold true if changes were made for the PSN version.

+ HarmonyKorine on June 22nd, 2013 at 1:47 am said:

Bought it like a week before it was announced for PSN and I decided to wait until it came to Vita to play it. Good to hear there’s cross-buy and cross-save. Hopefully it will be succesful enough that the sequel comes out day and date with the PC version on PSN.

+ BushLovesOsama on June 22nd, 2013 at 3:24 am said:

Think we can get some PS character masks? It’ll be kinda psychotic and funny to see an LBP mask take down people X)

+ Stardust260 on June 22nd, 2013 at 8:19 am said:

Hotline Miami is the best game I’ve ever played — don’t miss out on it!

+ NCWildcat on June 22nd, 2013 at 10:33 am said:

YAY! I’ve been waiting for months for this! Will the soundtrack be available through the store too? Best damn video game soundtrack PERIOD.

+ PainOfSarrow on June 22nd, 2013 at 4:44 pm said:

Bloodios , thanksss for the info. atleast now i have an idea of what to expect. il think about this one.

+ Doc_Tury on June 22nd, 2013 at 7:48 pm said:

Day One Purchase! Been waiting for this a long time!

+ David2Crazy on June 23rd, 2013 at 6:57 pm said:

Own it on PC but will be buying it again for PS3/Vita. The game is ****ing awesome.

+ xenosaga200 on June 23rd, 2013 at 7:59 pm said:

seems a great game i’m getting this for my ps vita

+ ammoburn on June 25th, 2013 at 4:22 pm said:

What’s the download size? Doesn’t say in the store and my 32gb card is close to full.

+ Djfierce244 on July 5th, 2013 at 10:42 am said:

The game is a blast! at first I thought it was some type of puzzle game but now I know that you just rampage through lvls executing people. I was able to get russel the raging bull mask and its awesome it has a really cool effect too.

PAGE 1 2