PS4 - Destiny

The Drop: Week of June 24th 2013 New Releases

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on Jun 23, 2013 // Social Media Manager

On PS3 comes Deadpool, the new action game starring “the merc with a mouth.” PS3 and PS Vita owners get to revel in the gruesome delights of Hotline Miami, featuring Cross Buy and Cross Save, while PS Vita owners get the definitive edition of a classic with Muramasa Rebirth.

Enjoy this week’s The Drop!

Deadpool

(PS3) – ”Some of you may know me as the Merc with a Mouth (or the mercenary for hire), what can I say? I have skills! (You know who else has skills?) High Moon Studios has skills, and I hired them to make my game, because they’re awesome, and so am I. But they’re not as awesome as I am, if that’s what you’ve heard.”

Ride to Hell: Retribution (Blu-ray, PSN) – Ride to Hell: Retribution is a no holds barred brawler set in the tumultuous age of the 1960’s. A lone rider, Jake Conway, is locked in a battle to the death against a ruthless gang of bikers called The Devil’s Hand. Jake will employ any means necessary to enact his vengeance: weaponizing his environment, using hand-to-hand combat on foot, and battling it out in high-speed shootouts on Jake’s custom hog.

Hotline Miami

(PS3 & PS Vita) – At $9.99 on PlayStation 3 and PS Vita and featuring Cross Buy and Cross Save, the teams at Dennaton Games, Abstraction Games, and Devolver Digital have reproduced the fast-paced gameplay and super tight controls of the original game. The PlayStation versions of Hotline Miami will also have an exclusive new mask designed by Abstraction and Dennaton Games: Russell the raging bull.

Mura

Muramasa Rebirth

(PS Vita) – Enter the visually powerful and colorful world of Muramasa! Face deadly enemies as they follow your every step. Become Momohime or Kisuke as they journey through ancient Japan fighting samurai, ninja, monsters, and evil spirits. Redesigned for the PlayStation Vita system, Muramasa includes hi-res graphics, enhanced controls, a complete relocalization in English, and more!

Magic 2014 Duels of the Planeswalkers – (PSN) Sealed Play and a new take on the popular Slivers creature type will both make their debut in the Duels of the Planeswalkers franchise with Magic 2014. The addition of Sealed Play will allow players to open booster packs and build decks to play against the AI and other players. Each sealed pool is comprised of 84 cards, mimicking paper TCG booster packs. The PvE experience includes a six-deck ladder where players take on mono-colored Sealed decks each corresponding with a particular Planeswalker, and finally facing a ‘boss’ Sealed deck.

Pool Nation – (PSN) Pool has never looked this good, even in real life. Your cue reflects in the back of the white ball as you perform a sublime jump shot, banking on the side of the table before dropping your target into the pocket to perform the perfect pot. Pool Nation makes the classic game of pool eye-wateringly beautiful to behold. With a variety of table covers that range from the conservative, right through to the downright outrageous, Pool Nation will be as much a treat for your eyes as it is to play.

Spartacus Legends — (PSN) Spartacus Legends is a fighting game that follows the journey of gladiators, from gut wrenching training to raw, visceral combat in the arena, usually ending in death. Featuring thousands of ruthless weapon combinations and a robust skill system, Spartacus Legends allows you to customize your gladiators and mercilessly dismember your enemies, limb by limb. Challenge your friends, your foes or the world-wide leaderboards, online or offline, to forge your destiny and fight for your house honor. Two men enter the arena, will you come out alive?

Motorbike – (PSN) Motorbike is a 2.5D stunt bike trials game in which you use the controller to accelerate and balance while traversing ramps, hazards, and other obstacles. The game features 80 original tracks, thousands of online courses (yes, you read that right, thousands), and 40 exclusive tracks immediately available for download. Motorbike also includes an intuitive and easy-to-use Track Editor, which contains all the same tools we used to create the original levels.

Demos

• Farming Simulator (PS Vita)

PlayStation 2 Classic

Warship Gunner 2 – Warship Gunner 2 delivers real-time shooting action with a vast array of destroyers, frigates, carriers and for the first time – submarines. Warship Gunner 2 also lets you design and construct the seafighters that will play a dominant role in the naval battlespace. Sea superiority is in your future, and your future is our reality.

Riding Star – Can you become the next riding star in this world class equestrian simulation? Jump right in, or follow the fully detailed tutorial to learn how to ride, compete and care for your horses. Live your dream and become a riding star. Train for prestigious tournaments and take part in jumping, dressage and cross country events. Look after your horse lovingly in its stall, as only together you will win!

118 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ TwiztidPsycho420 on June 23rd, 2013 at 12:03 pm said:

nothing for me this week, thanks.
by the way, whatever happened to Final Fantasy IV that was supposed to come out with chrono trigger on the psn? is that coming or has it been scrapped?

+ TwiztidPsycho420 on June 23rd, 2013 at 12:04 pm said:

and im not talkin about the one for the psp. im wondering about the ps1 classic

+ Mercenary09 on June 23rd, 2013 at 12:04 pm said:

Looking forward to Hotline Miami!

+ ZaGe-zAiKaNo on June 23rd, 2013 at 12:08 pm said:

Muramasa Rebirth Blessing of Amitabha Edition is all i have to say.

+ Valde_zerocool on June 23rd, 2013 at 12:11 pm said:

Is Lego Legends of Chima Lavals Journey(PS Vita) coming out this week?

+ VailRips on June 23rd, 2013 at 12:13 pm said:

excited for Muramasa this week, vanillaware is going to be on fire this year with this and dragon’s crown later this year

+ Rainwater on June 23rd, 2013 at 12:15 pm said:

Farming simulator demo for vita?!? Interesting :)

+ stlthriot on June 23rd, 2013 at 12:17 pm said:

I hope my PS3 is recoverable after the firmware issue last week… :(

+ Rainwater on June 23rd, 2013 at 12:19 pm said:

oh and much looking forward to hotline miami am i.

+ derb on June 23rd, 2013 at 12:32 pm said:

How about the drop on the new firmware 4.5 to replace 4.45? How did that even leak out.

+ SnakePlissken2K on June 23rd, 2013 at 12:36 pm said:

Can we get the PS2 game, “The Sopranos: Road to Respect” in honor of James Gandolfini’s death? Loved the show, the game was ok at best, but….would be fun to revisit. Also, any release date for the TMNT: Out of the Shadows game?

+ Renan_Acid on June 23rd, 2013 at 12:41 pm said:

Will we ever get a public The Last of Us demo?

And I know this has been said a million times before, but why can’t we play Crash and Spyro PS1 Classics on the Vita? I haven’t bought a Vita yet, but this would be a real killer app for me and make me buy one instantly.

+ poodude on June 23rd, 2013 at 12:52 pm said:

Muramasa Rebirth Collector’s Edition for me :D.

Also,

“Farming Simulator (PS Vita)”

OMG WHEN IS THE FULL GAME COMING OUT?

+ PhillyTheCat on June 23rd, 2013 at 12:53 pm said:

+ Renan_Acid on June 23rd, 2013 at 12:41 pm said:

Will we ever get a public The Last of Us demo?

The more Sony hear’s the demand for said games, the better chance week see them on Vita.
The Vita needs all the help it can get at this point.

+ PhillyTheCat on June 23rd, 2013 at 12:58 pm said:

typos…

Sony, we want Crash & Spyro on Vita….among all of the other classics that are not in the Vita store yet.

+ july161986 on June 23rd, 2013 at 1:00 pm said:

yes finally after 3 years the’ve got magic right. i can’t wait for this game.

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on June 23rd, 2013 at 1:05 pm said:

No demo for Hotline Miami? I’m interested in the game but not yet 100% sure if I’ll enjoy the gameplay.

I also really wish you guys would add Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops to the Vita store.

+ Superstone on June 23rd, 2013 at 1:07 pm said:

More PSone classics. I would love to play Bust a Move on my Vita!!! PS2 classics on Vita too!!!

+ DecadanceFantasy on June 23rd, 2013 at 1:17 pm said:

Muramasa Rebirth sounds like a good game. I might pick it up down the line. Nice drop!

+ DarqueDragon on June 23rd, 2013 at 1:26 pm said:

No Deadpool or Ride to Hell demos? That totally sucks. I haven’t seen much actual gameplay from either one, so without a demo, I am not spending money (especially $50 for Deadpool) without trying it first.
Will be there a PS+ Trial for Deadpool, at least?

+ fadingshadow on June 23rd, 2013 at 1:32 pm said:

Any news on a proper PS2 conversion of Tecmo Koei’s Fatal Frame 2? It was a mess of graphical errors and lackluster performance.

+ StalkerD on June 23rd, 2013 at 1:39 pm said:

I said this before and I will say this again. PS2 and PSX both had the best game library of their times. It makes no sense to release games such as Warship Gunner 2 and Riding Star, games that are far, FAR from being classics, when you have such a fantastic collection of games to choose from. Seriously, I’d rather not have any PS2 classics being released instead of having to see crap like this being uploaded. Please focus on games that are relevant.

+ neuropunk on June 23rd, 2013 at 1:46 pm said:

Been waiting for a good sale, for a very long time now, especially since there have not been any good retail games this year.

+ Twilightknight69 on June 23rd, 2013 at 1:46 pm said:

Going to get something for these days out play because ofthe update firmware issue. Hopefuly?

+ WiivolutionNow on June 23rd, 2013 at 2:01 pm said:

Muramasa FTW. Seriously, you’d be a dummy-no-jobby to see that and say “Oh I’m good this week, THANKSSSSSS….nothing I need, blah blah blah blah”.

Hotline Miami, I like you better the first time..back when you were called GRAND THEFT AUTO. Seriously get this regurgiatated flim-flam out my face SUCKAAAA!!!

+ JNM-CIM on June 23rd, 2013 at 2:17 pm said:

Nothing interesting here for me, but please add the rest of the E3 trailer from your conference to the PS Store.

+ SlapjackChad on June 23rd, 2013 at 2:35 pm said:

Can we pre order NCAA 14 this week?

+ CrusaderForever on June 23rd, 2013 at 2:57 pm said:

Hotline Miami Vita for me thanks!

+ ammoburn on June 23rd, 2013 at 2:57 pm said:

Thought zero escape was suppose to drop for free on ps+.

+ poodude on June 23rd, 2013 at 2:59 pm said:

@29

They don’t tell us what free Plus games we’re getting in The Drop. This is just a list of new game releases.

+ LUCIFERSGLEAM on June 23rd, 2013 at 3:00 pm said:

Who the heck is in charge of the PS2 classics? sure don’t remember those two games.

My drop this week is Project X Zone on the competing handheld. Been waiting for that game for a very long time. I learned my lesson and stop importing games that require full comprehension of the Japanese language.

+ Gay_Angel on June 23rd, 2013 at 3:03 pm said:

Thank you for the notice on the weekly drop, very much appreciated.

+ Loco4FourLoko on June 23rd, 2013 at 3:10 pm said:

I’ve had muramasa pre ordered cant wait, hotline day one purchase and MTG! Still I would kill for MTG on psvita!

+ Ghostwize on June 23rd, 2013 at 3:11 pm said:

Equestrian simulator is a classic lololololololol. Please implement some form of regulation as to what a classic is please for the love of all that is holy……….

Spartacus Legends is free with microtransactions if I’m not mistaken.

+ Loco4FourLoko on June 23rd, 2013 at 3:12 pm said:

On a side note, games for vita last week and two for this week. At this rate you will not release 85 games by the end of the year Sony. And I doubt you will drop 4 games in a week. So maintain 3 games a week and be true to your word!

+ Harshevik on June 23rd, 2013 at 3:20 pm said:

so, which is better Deadpool or PoolNation?

+ Ghostwize on June 23rd, 2013 at 3:35 pm said:

^ Riding Star The Equestrian Simulator….

+ The_Dukenator on June 23rd, 2013 at 3:37 pm said:

@10 It would be 4.50 and not til later this week.

+ The_Dukenator on June 23rd, 2013 at 3:41 pm said:

@12 Last of Us public demo is unknown

@29 Maybe.

@30 Usually Monday is the Plus update.

+ yowzerz on June 23rd, 2013 at 3:44 pm said:

Damn Sony, I just wish you guys would space out your releases for the Vita…Nothing for the last 6 or seven weeks and then 4 games come out…long wait until Dragon’s Crown, then like 6 titles in September. Glad there are new Vita titles though just wish you would even out the release dates a bit better. I’m enjoying Jak and Daxter and plan on getting Muramasa next week.

+ asilentnoise on June 23rd, 2013 at 3:47 pm said:

Got Muramasa preordered and def getting hotline miami

just curious, is Magic 2014 coming to vita ? it should be a no brainer !

+ ItaChu on June 23rd, 2013 at 4:02 pm said:

hotline miami finally i can play it :) ….on my vita ….you know… cuz my ps3 is bricked! lol hoping the update fixes it

+ Barriecuda on June 23rd, 2013 at 4:04 pm said:

Suikoden II, and Valkyrie Profile (or VP: Lenneth as a PS Store item), that’s all I’ve got left on my request list.

+ CapJSheridan on June 23rd, 2013 at 4:05 pm said:

- Kartia
- Silent Hill
- Soul Reaver
- Gran Turismo 1 and 2
- Omega Boost

+ BlueRobotX on June 23rd, 2013 at 4:26 pm said:

I’m getting the Muramasa Rebirth Blessing of Amitabha Edition this week. Farming Simulator demo does that game come out this week too, I know the 3DS eshop got it Thursday the 20th?

+ subadictos on June 23rd, 2013 at 4:34 pm said:

You can’t make a list of PS1 Classics missing without the most importante of all:

SUIKODEN 2

And a demo for The Last of Us? It’s not necesary, the game is a gem, the best of PS3 so far, pure and simple.

By the way, great week for PS Vita with Hotline Miami, Muramasa, Zero Escape for free on PS+ and a Farming Simulator demo. Great, great week.

+ duke301 on June 23rd, 2013 at 4:37 pm said:

Nothing there for me this week. I’d also like to ask for perhaps the thousandth time – who decides which games to convert as PS2 Classics? The majority of the games that find their way there are games that I’ve either never heard of or wouldn’t want to waste my time playing in the first place (Dora the Explorer comes to mind). I know that not everyone would agree with me, but how about something like Final Fantasy XII and/or DragonQuest VIII?

+ PhillyTheCat on June 23rd, 2013 at 4:37 pm said:

If developers want more people to buy their games, then yeah, there should be demos.

+ gearhead32 on June 23rd, 2013 at 4:59 pm said:

Hotline Miami for me this week.I have been waiting on this to be released on PSN for months.

+ gearhead32 on June 23rd, 2013 at 5:00 pm said:

@29 PS+ update will be on Monday.

PAGE 1 2 3