Horizon Zero Dawn

Jun 23

Jun 23

The PlayStation Recap – What We’re Reading

Justin Massongill's Avatar Posted by Social Media Manager, SIEA

Pull up a chair and join us, as we continue our recovery from E3 2013. Miss any of the show’s news? Catch up on all the best trailers here.

As for this week, it was a bit of a light one, but I think that’s okay considering the record-setting volume of news we published last week. Just because it wasn’t a crazy week doesn’t mean we don’t have some good stuff for you though — Hotline Miami is coming to PS3 and PS Vita Tuesday! That’s right, this coming Tuesday. $9.99 nets you the game on both PS3 and PS Vita, so there really isn’t any excuse not to grab it. We also announced a July 2nd release date for Velocity Ultra on PS Vita. That’s one to keep an eye on.

I’ve just downloaded Saints Row: The Third to my PS3 (it’s free on PS Plus right now — sweet!), so that should keep me busy for a while. On top of that, I’m slowly working through a second playthrough of The Last of Us. Massive respect to anyone who earns the Platinum on this one.

What are you playing this weekend?

• I’m playing: The Last of Us, Storm, Saints Row: The Third
  • I’m watching: Archer, Pulp Fiction
  • I’m listening to: PlayStation Blogcast 078, Sigur Ros

What We’re Reading

This Week’s Top 10 Posts

Most-Watched Video of the Week

Add Your Own

ZaGe-zAiKaNo said:

June 23rd, 11:18 am

I’m playing: Tekken Revolution, SSFIV, Saints Row The Third & will be jumping back on Borderlands 2 as soon as Tiny Tina’s DLC is up on the store tuesday.

I’m watching: New Killer Instinct footage/gameplay.

I’m listening to: Ajikan & Mt. Eden.

Waiting on: Muramasa Rebirth.

jakiehenry said:

June 23rd, 11:22 am

the ps vita need more free to play games like dc universe online dust 514 ect. but come on sony i know you have somthing big for the vita if you had just announced it at e3 the vita whould have sale like crazy after. so… SETP YOUR GAME UP SONY

togue said:

June 23rd, 11:26 am

I’m playing: Guacamelee
I’m watching: (nothing)
I’m listening to: Music Unlimited Top 100

Patiently waiting for PS4 and hoping we can get GranTurismo for the VITA

Conrii said:

June 23rd, 11:37 am

I’m playing: The Last of Us for a second go. Seriously an amazing game NaughtyDog killed it man they made one of the best games I’ve played in a long long time

Im watching nothing at the moment

I’m listening to Nerd Poker podcast.

Mercenary09 said:

June 23rd, 11:43 am

I’m playing my final playthrough of The Last of Us. Once I finish this on Survival+ I’ll have the Plat! Awesome game!

BlueBl1zzard said:

June 23rd, 1:08 pm

I’m playing: DJ Max Technica Tune, Hatsune Miku Project Diva F demo, Dead or Alive 5+

I’m watching: E3 stuff (trying to do some catching up)

I’m eagerly awaiting: Kickbeat’s release, PS4 launch

I’m wondering: Why Project Diva F isn’t also releasing on vita, it seems like it could work well on a handheld

Madd_Hatter401 said:

June 23rd, 3:51 pm

Playing: black ops 2 saints row 3 and I just beat uncharted 3 today I will be playing it again (I played on easy lol)

Watching: ninja turtles 2 and RED

Reading: all ps4/vita articles

Listening: pagoda (awesome band)

Waiting: for a ps4 release date and gta5!!

dodgedoors said:

June 23rd, 4:30 pm

Playing: Last of us (just finished survivor mode going on to survivor plus)

Watching: Oz the great and powerful

Reading: Monster Hunter International – Larry Correia

Listening: The Shods- Thanks for Nuthin

Zoryu_of_Setsuna said:

June 23rd, 5:19 pm

I’m playing: The Last of Us on Survivor

I’m watching: Game of Thrones Season 3: Episode 8

I’m listening to: Calvin Harris – Flashback ( Eric Prydz Remix)

xtreet9 said:

June 23rd, 5:32 pm

I’m not playing jack ****, thanks to the AMAZING 4.45 update. Thank you so much SONY my ps3 is just gathering dust since my 1 tb hard drive got corrupted. I better see that 4.46 sOOn!

Zoryu_of_Setsuna said:

June 24th, 5:44 am

@10

It’s coming out on the 27th.

BadPiggie123 said:

June 24th, 7:10 am

Hmm… I have automatic update on my PS3 and 4.45 didn’t update to my PS3.

BadPiggie123 said:

June 24th, 7:11 am

@3 I so want GT for Vita. That would be SICK!

XxStanTheManxX said:

June 24th, 6:18 pm

I attended E3 again. Sony changed the booth set up. I actually like this years set up. The system and controller looks even better in person. Got a chance to play and the controller feels great. But the touch pad wasn’t operational, because the games haven’t implemented the concept yet. Although, the other features worked. Can’t wait for the PS4 release. Hardcore Sony Fan!!!

Orejillz said:

June 25th, 8:56 am

@14 Some people I know that went to E3 said that the touch pad feels a little flimsy, Is that true?