PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

Killzone: Shadow Fall: OWL Drone Detailed, Pre-Order Bonuses Unveiled

Poria Torkan's Avatar + Posted by Poria Torkan on Jul 11, 2013 // Producer, Guerrilla Games

In Killzone: Shadow Fall, being a Shadow Marshal is all about dominating the flow of combat and fighting on your own terms. Your OWL combat drone gives you enormous freedom in choosing how each fight plays out.

Killzone Shadow Fall Pre-Order BonusesKillzone Shadow Fall Pre-Order BonusesKillzone Shadow Fall Pre-Order Bonuses

The OWL has several modes of operation you can activate via DualShock 4‘s touch pad: a stun mode, which creates an area-of-effect shock blast that stuns enemies and disrupts electronics; an attack mode, in which the OWL attacks anyone within range or targets a specific enemy; a shield mode, which creates a one-way energy shield in front of you; and finally, a zipline mode, which allows you to quickly and safely reach lower areas.

To allow you to tailor your gameplay experience even further, we’re happy to announce the Shadow Pack – a bundle of exclusive content you’ll receive for pre-ordering Killzone: Shadow Fall at participating retailers! The Shadow Pack will gain you access to these extras:

OWL Skin

Give your OWL a unique appearance with these exclusive skins. Who says combat drones need to be devoid of personality?

MP Spotlight Move

Celebrate your triumphs over enemy players in multiplayer mode in a new and unique way with this special victory move.

Official Soundtrack

Listen to the epic cinematic score for Killzone: Shadow Fall as it brings both sides of the conflict to life like never before.

Remember, the only way to obtain the Shadow Pack and get your hands on these exclusive bonuses is by pre-ordering the game! Stay tuned to Killzone.com and PS.Blog for more Killzone: Shadow Fall news!

Killzone Shadow Fall Pre-Order Bonuses

PAGE 1 2

+ G-Force08 on July 11th, 2013 at 8:04 am said:

Oh, you don’t have to tell me twice. It has been pre-ordered since the first day pre-orders were made available. : )

Can’t wait. Pre-order bonuses are just, well…. bonuses. =p

+ DjSparx162 on July 11th, 2013 at 8:05 am said:

i have preordered a PS4 and the bundle comes with Killzone, will i also receive the pre order bonus’?

Poria Torkan's Avatar

+ Poria Torkan on July 11th, 2013 at 9:42 am said:

Yes you will!

+ cmdluke on July 11th, 2013 at 8:07 am said:

Never really been a killzone fan, but after seeing the E3 demo, I’ve made this a day 1 purchase for my shiny new PS4!

+ trustter on July 11th, 2013 at 8:08 am said:

I pre-ordered this bad boy a long time ago. You are late GG! I’m glad you are cause you were probably busy finishing up this great game.

I hope the game is more like KZ2 than KZ3. Please be!

+ sabot37 on July 11th, 2013 at 8:09 am said:

I intend to purchase this digitally Day 1 from the PlayStation Store on my PS4. Will you offer the preorder bonuses to digital customers?

+ JimmyHACK on July 11th, 2013 at 8:14 am said:

Really hope us Day-1 digital buyers will receive these as well.

+ M-Easy on July 11th, 2013 at 8:16 am said:

This game is the main reason I pre-ordered the PS4, thus this game has already been pre-ordered as well.

+ Xcaligamer1 on July 11th, 2013 at 8:19 am said:

pre-ordered ps4 knack bundle at amazon, looking to pre order this and extra ds4 next month

+ Spidey817 on July 11th, 2013 at 8:21 am said:

This game looks amazing.

Poria Torkan's Avatar

+ Poria Torkan on July 11th, 2013 at 9:43 am said:

Thanks Spidey! Glad you like.

+ Mando44646 on July 11th, 2013 at 8:26 am said:

I preordered that and Watch Dogs with my PS4 at Gamestop :)

+ Bigbadwolfe143 on July 11th, 2013 at 8:27 am said:

I also would like to know if these are going to coming with the digital version of the game, not sure if we will be able to pre-order the digital version as the system won’t be out until release date but would hope these bonuses would be included for Day 1 Digital purchase!

+ FarawaySkies on July 11th, 2013 at 8:30 am said:

If I plan to download this via the PS4, can I preorder it now somehow?

+ AVILIVE on July 11th, 2013 at 8:35 am said:

Any word on a Collectors Edition?

+ KazeEternal on July 11th, 2013 at 8:37 am said:

PlaySTation Move Support?

+ MakoSOLIDER on July 11th, 2013 at 8:50 am said:

Is it just me or is the AI really stupid in that video? I can’t tell if its because its on easy mode or something because the player was missing like half the time too…

+ Istyle318 on July 11th, 2013 at 9:00 am said:

the first game i’m looking forward to playing on my PS4. I”m going to be so anti social thank you guys for making a great game and taking advantage of the touch patch, and mentioning multiplayer as well. I seriously hoping for some coop campaign action as well

+ MakoSOLIDER on July 11th, 2013 at 9:01 am said:

Can the OWL be killed?

+ onslaughtree on July 11th, 2013 at 9:11 am said:

OMFG. That gameplay video is BADA$$………. Day 1.

+ Phillyblunz on July 11th, 2013 at 9:12 am said:

Crysis 4, sweet!

Oh this is supposed to be Killzone?

So much for reliving the greatness that was Killzone 2 I guess.

I dont know why you guys wouldn’t have just made a game that lets us play through the 2005 E3 cinematic.

Killzone 2 was dark, gritty, awesome enemy AI, fantastic body contortions with impacts, The only thing that game was missing was a 2 player split screen campaign.

killzone 3 brought the splitscreen, thanks so much for that but lost the special grit of KZ2, player movements felt like COD, No longer did the weighty realisticness penetrate my soul.

How about a classic control mode? It would add back to 20ish variables you were tracking in kz2 everytime a bullet was fired.

I loved that, I loved that the character had a reaction time, not super speeded out meth junkies like in COD that run at mach 4 and turn on a dime while carrying 400lbs of gear, all the while never having recoil or any other form of consequence.

KZ2 was your shining light, what does shadow fall bring to the table? I like the drone, how about jetpacks?

+ snakeeyes211 on July 11th, 2013 at 9:16 am said:

This game is not only preorder but it paid off .I know I’m going to love the new Killzone SF

+ Heavenly_king on July 11th, 2013 at 9:30 am said:

This game is looking so awesome!

Poria Torkan's Avatar

+ Poria Torkan on July 11th, 2013 at 9:48 am said:

Thank you!

+ Senjutsu_Dav on July 11th, 2013 at 9:40 am said:

Looking too easy with that drone. I hope we can’t always use it.

+ Shinigami_Ness on July 11th, 2013 at 9:58 am said:

I hope a lot of blood in the full game.

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on July 11th, 2013 at 10:01 am said:

There sure is an awful lot of pointing at enemies and letting the drone shoot at them. Will that be in multiplayer too? I can just imagine a dozen people hiding behind trees, all pointing their drones in the vague direction of the other players.

+ Enforcer_X on July 11th, 2013 at 10:01 am said:

I can’t wait for this! I love the Shadow Marshall been a fan since Killzone 1 I would love to see Hakka make a come back!

Been pre-ordered since E3!

Will there be any cross game action with Killzone Mercenary?
Also please make the soundtrack available in lossless FLAC/WAV I love the Killzone soundtracks!

+ KwietStorm on July 11th, 2013 at 10:03 am said:

I’ll preorder when and if I find that the multiplayer has dumped KZ3′s blank canvas and went back to a full featured mode.

+ boxmyth on July 11th, 2013 at 10:07 am said:

You’re talking pre-order bonuses, but without a launch date. When will we get a PS4 launch date?!

+ ColinBryce on July 11th, 2013 at 10:08 am said:

Is there a way to preorder the digital copy? In the Next generation I want to go all digital. I want the preorder specials on the digital edition or are there going to be specials for digital editions?

+ WHITE_PR on July 11th, 2013 at 10:12 am said:

AI need a lot of work!!! and i know it says “Work in Progress” but at this point I like to see better on that topic. Keep it Up Guerilla Games!!!

+ Welmosca on July 11th, 2013 at 10:16 am said:

When I buy a PS4 Shadow Fall will be the 1st game I’ll buy no doubt about it…I may even buy the game before buying a PS4…really sad about these pre-order bonuses though…I want the soundtrack…seeing how amazing the soundtrack of KZ3 is I expect Shadow Fall to be the same.
In another hand that scanner thing looks too overpowered..its like a x-ray isn’t?..not good,seeing where the enemies are will make it too much easy.Please make the last difficulty without the drone.

+ BlueBl1zzard on July 11th, 2013 at 10:17 am said:

Can’t wait! I’m really hoping for a splitscreen multiplayer mode (offline and/or online) and PS Move support *fingers crossed*

+ crusher915 on July 11th, 2013 at 10:41 am said:

Will you be able to pre-order on the PSN Web Store?

+ Kaneda_Neo-Tokyo on July 11th, 2013 at 10:47 am said:

It was already my first game for PS4 so pre-order it will be…

+ poodude on July 11th, 2013 at 11:12 am said:

Already pre-ordered. So hyped to play it; I just have two questions:

1) We can swap between using the L1/R1 and L2/R2 to aim/shoot, correct? I know the PS4 triggers have been improved but I prefer using shoulder buttons for shooting.
2) Can the weapon crosshair be disabled for hip firing?

Poria Torkan's Avatar

+ Poria Torkan on July 11th, 2013 at 3:09 pm said:

1. Yes you can swap
    2. You’ll need the crosshair for things like using the zipline and other OWL abilities.

+ togue on July 11th, 2013 at 11:14 am said:

Will there be Keyboard + Mouse support?

+ guitarded77 on July 11th, 2013 at 11:15 am said:

Will the game support PlayStation Move controls like Killzone 3, since the PS4 supports Move?

Also, will there be online co-op campaign?

+ Dhrox on July 11th, 2013 at 11:20 am said:

Will we see a collector edition?

The KZ3 CE was fantastic.

+ doctorSTRANG on July 11th, 2013 at 11:24 am said:

Looks really amazing. I just really hope that theres no more characters like Rico. Im much more into killing mindless grunts than having to listen and help one for an entire game.

+ EvanintheBerks on July 11th, 2013 at 12:11 pm said:

Will you offer these pre-order incentives for Day 1 Digital consumers, or better yet, offer an opportunity to purchase the game ahead of release on the PS Store to get these incentives?

+ devilmosh on July 11th, 2013 at 12:27 pm said:

Major Killzone fan here. Pre-ordered PS4 and KZ4 for release day the night they showed up on Amazon, and I’ve started playing KZ1 (the awesome HD remaster) on PS3 again as the start of a marathon in preparation for it. I can’t wait, and thanks for the extra goodies! You always take great care of your fans.

+ dh4645 on July 11th, 2013 at 12:30 pm said:

already have my ps4/kz4 preordered from amazon. hope i get all this

Poria Torkan's Avatar

+ Poria Torkan on July 11th, 2013 at 3:09 pm said:

You will!

+ Welmosca on July 11th, 2013 at 1:06 pm said:

Oh I also dislike that Slow-mo thing…come on Guerrilla…are you guys trying to make KZ easy?….thats not good.

+ xClayMeow on July 11th, 2013 at 1:07 pm said:

Not getting a PS4, but looking forward to KZ:M for my Vita. Please have a demo! I normally hate console shooters, but I really want to see if I can get over that feeling because KZ:M looks outstanding!

+ Kaneda_Neo-Tokyo on July 11th, 2013 at 1:13 pm said:

Slow mo is great. There are several difficult mode choose the good one….

+ AizawaYuuichi on July 11th, 2013 at 1:38 pm said:

Pre-ordered this along with my PS4 right after E3. Don’t have to convince me! Just give us the official launch date already!

+ tusunami on July 11th, 2013 at 1:50 pm said:

This is why KZ is 1 of my favorite games on Sony’s console!!!!!!!

+ QuiteUndead on July 11th, 2013 at 3:48 pm said:

Nice!
Is that our first look at Lucas Kellan in the pre-order poster?

Poria Torkan's Avatar

+ Poria Torkan on July 11th, 2013 at 4:06 pm said:

That is indeed Shadow Marshal Lucas Kellan :)

+ Robbie_G_lrish on July 11th, 2013 at 4:16 pm said:

I’m not liking what I’m seeing. Enemies glowing bright orange so you always know where they are, an “owl” that you can send ahead to kill everyone for you, dumb enemy AI that automatically attack the owl and leave you alone, absolutely no weapon recoil, and no sense of weight. This doesn’t seem like Killzone at all. I guess I’m looking to Mercenary for the last chance to bring Killzone back.

That being said, I expect this game to be highly reviewed and sell a lot of units. Killzone just isn’t for me anymore I guess.

+ btkadams on July 11th, 2013 at 4:36 pm said:

which retailers are supporting this? i have this preordered through futureshop.

i have missed out on some sony preorder bonuses by preordering through futureshop, and it’s supposed to be one of the biggest gaming retailers in canada. it really pissed me off when i preordered playstation all stars and never got the preorder bonuses that you guys promoted (had to pay $10 for it all, later on through psn). no canadian retailers were specified in your promotions, but apparently it was just through ebgames.

+ plaztiksyke on July 11th, 2013 at 4:49 pm said:

A few questions:

1) Move support?

2) 1080p 3D support?

3) any GLBT characters playable or in the story?

4) are all the explosions and music assets 24-bit and losslessly compressed?

PAGE 1 2