PS4-The Order

Killzone: Mercenary Closed Multiplayer Beta: Sign-Ups Now Live

Mark Green's Avatar + Posted by Mark Green on Jul 12, 2013 // Senior Producer, Guerrilla Cambridge

Killzone: Mercenary on PS Vita

Sign-ups for the Killzone: Mercenary closed beta start today! Enter here for a chance to be selected as one of the few participants in the exclusive multiplayer closed beta.

Candidates have until 2:00PM PDT on Wednesday, July 17th to sign up for the public’s first look at Mercenary’s impressive multiplayer package. If chosen to participate, you will receive an email with directions on how to get started.

Mercenary’s multiplayer suite will provide players with a diverse range of weapons, grenades, armor, and special VAN-Guard devices enabling the player to customize their multiplayer load-out slots. This customization supports the tactical element of the game; will you armor yourself up and go in like a tank, or take a more precise approach and assassinate enemies stealthily?

No matter your tactical approach, Mercenary’s multiplayer beta will give gamers an early look into the power and promise of PS Vita as the optimal handheld platform for first-person shooters.

Salivating yet? Sign up now before all slots are filled.

327 Comments   1 Reply

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6 7

+ Tankmen404 on July 17th, 2013 at 9:49 pm said:

*PRAYING* omg im excitedl. i hope they send out the emails soon!

+ AdmiralCloud on July 18th, 2013 at 4:07 am said:

They said emails going out on the 19th which is tomorrow a friday

+ jalenhead95 on July 18th, 2013 at 6:48 am said:

where did you hear that?

+ TamahawK311 on July 18th, 2013 at 6:49 am said:

Wow this game is stunner it seems like people are so excited as I am man we are some lucky people to of a game this perfect on the Ps Vita I’ve been waiting for this sense the first trailer came out with the fan film.
(Killzone Mercenary)
Man i have to say this haves to be the best game on the vita and plus this is the first Vita game that has a beta
pretty awesome plus betas we can play and save our equipment till the game comes out if I’m not mistaken. Mark
Green and Tom Jones thanks for this really good game coming to vita because I’m going ham with the LS57 oh yea thank you again.

+ jalenhead95 on July 18th, 2013 at 12:49 pm said:

This isn’t the Vita’s first beta ( PlayStation battle royal). but lets not get our hopes up. lets wait until we get the beta than go wild and happy.

+ AdmiralCloud on July 18th, 2013 at 12:53 pm said:

A new worms game was announced that is gonna be amazing right under killzone mercenary

+ Tankmen404 on July 18th, 2013 at 1:53 pm said:

@AdmiralCloud yo where did you hear that we will be geting the codes tomorrow? if its true then i sadly wont be able to sleep due to excitment.

+ Mikal-WAFFLES on July 18th, 2013 at 3:45 pm said:

I hope I get picked! I’m dying to play this game!

+ jalenhead95 on July 18th, 2013 at 5:18 pm said:

@admiralCloud please dont lie. if you are being honest how do you know, I haven’t gotten much sleep waiting for this beta :(

+ Tankmen404 on July 18th, 2013 at 5:42 pm said:

So uh what do you guys think the chances are that we get picked? I’m praying to god that I get picked .

+ AdmiralCloud on July 18th, 2013 at 6:10 pm said:

Check the European blog post there version of this the beta coordinator said shortly after July 19th

+ jalenhead95 on July 18th, 2013 at 6:46 pm said:

He’s right. even though the first guy that said it. only made a mistake. he said the 19th but meant the 17th.
and the beta guy or whoever replied saying the emails go out shortly after the 19th >~<

+ Tankmen404 on July 18th, 2013 at 7:18 pm said:

Yea I saw it…I wonder what’s there idea of shortly is though.

+ UmaMcsx25 on July 19th, 2013 at 3:30 am said:

Guys its Friday today and still no one has got beta code! Someone at the IGN said that a guy from gamespot informed that beta codes from E3 and these new ones have been mixed so, there aint gonna be any beta-code giveaway anymore :( I’m really worried about it! If anyone gets any word from Guerrilla please inform us here!

+ jalenhead95 on July 19th, 2013 at 6:25 am said:

well they did say “after” the 19th.
and Im not gonna believe that until I see it posted on an actual website >~~<)/

+ NulearPylone on July 19th, 2013 at 9:50 am said:

Are you sure there not giving codes out if they don’t i’m going to be bummed.

+ Tankmen404 on July 19th, 2013 at 11:10 am said:

since he said “shortly after the 19th” im guessing tomorrow, sunday, or monday.

+ jalenhead95 on July 19th, 2013 at 11:15 am said:

yeah im also betting on this weekend.
if not than I say Tuesday when the store updates

+ boombooomoooo on July 19th, 2013 at 12:02 pm said:

im really starting to think that this is just a scam…. Im just hoping that im wrong.

+ jalenhead95 on July 19th, 2013 at 2:10 pm said:

I dont see how you could think that @_@

+ boombooomoooo on July 19th, 2013 at 3:56 pm said:

but who knows mabye they will start bringing out emails to people that qualifies.

+ boombooomoooo on July 19th, 2013 at 4:02 pm said:

im not sure about you guys but im really excited cuz one you can zip lines in some maps theres some destruction but basically this game is going to kill resistance burning skies and cod black ops declassified:)

+ jalenhead95 on July 19th, 2013 at 4:31 pm said:

they said after the 19th. which is today.

to “me” I thought resistance was pretty good. so was cod. but I just play games for the fun of it. unlike so many other people >~>. but hopefully killzone is good to. im not gonna get excited until I start playing.

+ RaxGhost on July 19th, 2013 at 5:30 pm said:

Does anybody know how are the going to decide who will receive their codes?

+ Tankmen404 on July 19th, 2013 at 6:48 pm said:

@jalenhead and boomboooomoooo im just as excited you guys. i love killzone my fav one was liberation(i know a, SHOCKER!). i hope the van gaurd system is balanced.

@RaxGhost it maybe random but a few peepz say its first come first serve.

+ jalenhead95 on July 19th, 2013 at 8:09 pm said:

liberation was my first killzone game. so im curious about this one.

if its first come first serve. A lot of us will be disappointed.

+ HatsuneMikuSan on July 19th, 2013 at 8:11 pm said:

@Tankmen404 I’m pretty sure that it won’t be as gamebreaking as the killstreaks in CoD. Plus, with only 4 other people on the map to destroy, you won’t be stacking kills like crazy relying only on Van Guards. Plus, I’m more excited about all the hell that will be raised as everyone is fighting for the Van Guard package. From what I hear, the Van Guard packages will be dropped from the sky now and then (hopefully leading to some kind of king of the hill game). Or maybe it will be like a care package, which isn’t as cool… I still like my idea of Smash-Ball-from-Smash-Bro’s-Van-Guard-package better :p. Either way, I’m most worried that the small team count will lead to a multiplayer that’s alot like the mindless two other fps’s on the vita rather than the tactical team based experience it should be. Here’s to hoping that we can rectify that with our power of playing the Beta!

+ jalenhead95 on July 19th, 2013 at 9:19 pm said:

well it’s the 20th wheres my beta >~> y’all said “shortly” lol

+ Tankmen404 on July 19th, 2013 at 9:46 pm said:

@HatsuneMikuSan indeeed, i hope its very team tactical like kzl’s online multiplayer

@jalenhead95 GAHHHHHHHH LEE im refreshing my email like crazy lol

+ jalenhead95 on July 19th, 2013 at 9:56 pm said:

lol i got mine set on my vita, & phone. and sound turned all the way up. so ill hear it when I get my code….hopefully.
just hope its soon

+ RaxGhost on July 19th, 2013 at 10:12 pm said:

@Tankmen404 I hope I won’t be left behind. I signed up shortly after this post was released. Did you get one BTW?

+ Tankmen404 on July 19th, 2013 at 10:33 pm said:

^ i hope not either i wish the best of luck for all of you. i havent got one yet hopefully we get them tomorrow.

+ V-Angelus01 on July 19th, 2013 at 11:49 pm said:

anyone got any email or something today? i just want to know if they already started releasing beta codes.

+ boombooomoooo on July 20th, 2013 at 6:42 am said:

im just waiting on my ps vita right now every time i see a new emails in the notifcations bar i go and see if i actually got it but right now i didint get the email im waiting on my ps vita.

+ boombooomoooo on July 20th, 2013 at 6:45 am said:

im pretty sure its first come first surve im mean who knows.

+ TamahawK311 on July 20th, 2013 at 12:18 pm said:

If i was Boomboomoooo i would try to delete that comment.

+ boombooomoooo on July 20th, 2013 at 1:21 pm said:

hey…. its possible but im pretty sure first come first serve not sure about who qualifes.

+ jalenhead95 on July 20th, 2013 at 7:08 pm said:

well we can mark Saturday off. if not Sunday im betting Tuesday

+ HatsuneMikuSan on July 20th, 2013 at 8:10 pm said:

Coming as an experienced sniper user (mostly on PC though), all I ask for are solid hitboxes. CoD:D, it was way too unrewarding to snipe; Simply pointing in the general direction with the Dragunov and firing shots was enough to kill other players, sometimes my reticule wasn’t even on the player… Also, the idea of money being everything and buying weapons worries me, wouldn’t this mean that more expensive weapons MUST be stronger than less expensive weapons? This might lead to everyone using only a very few select guns… I hope all guns have a distinct +/- that varies gameplay :S… just my two cents

+ Tankmen404 on July 20th, 2013 at 9:48 pm said:

@jalenHead95 agreed

@HatsuneMikuSan they say the weapons are balanced. Lets hope it’s true!

+ GoBills77 on July 21st, 2013 at 12:04 am said:

this is crazy i cant stand the wait they should’ve been sent by now you would have thought

+ Ter-M1nat0r on July 21st, 2013 at 12:10 am said:

I hope the aim won’t automatic pull away the players. COD done that to me many time; which I had it enough to trade it in.

+ HatsuneMikuSan on July 21st, 2013 at 5:40 am said:

Today is my B-Day, so I HAVE to get the code today, right? It’s fail-proof, it has to work (laughs hysterically and checks email again).
Anyway, @Tankmen404, there won’t be a need for hope when we test out all the bad through our power as the (hopeful LOL) beta testers.
@ Ter-M1nat0r, yeah, I hate auto-aim in multiplayer as well. Especially in CoD:D, that was horrid… when I wasn’t sniping (and boy oh boy did the glitched out hitboxes make sniping too easy…) I was running around tapping L and R alternatively. The auto-aim was to the point where it was as if Nihilistic games was blatantly announcing that they couldn’t get the aiming speed just right and had to use auto-aim to compensate.

+ boombooomoooo on July 21st, 2013 at 5:55 am said:

does anyone know when we are supposed to get our emails?

+ QuIcKs_ImPuLs3 on July 21st, 2013 at 6:03 am said:

I think it’s a scam

+ Tankmen404 on July 21st, 2013 at 6:38 am said:

@HatsuneMikuSan indeed, and HAPPY BIRTH DAY :D

@boombooomoooo not yet

@QuIcKs_ImPuLs3 why would it be a scam.? We just have to be patient.

+ QuIcKs_ImPuLs3 on July 21st, 2013 at 6:43 am said:

because they had told us that they would be shipped soon after July 19 and instead still nothing has arrived

+ QuIcKs_ImPuLs3 on July 21st, 2013 at 6:47 am said:

and I also sent a message to Alex Burrow, who is the moderator of the beta of killzone mercenary. I sent him a message asking when they will be sent, but he still did not answer

+ jalenhead95 on July 21st, 2013 at 6:59 am said:

Really doubt a scam would be put on the psn site.

today is only the 21, just sit patiently.

he answered that question on the EU site. he doesn’t know exactly when they will be sent out. he will announce ir on the EU site when the emails go out

+ QuIcKs_ImPuLs3 on July 21st, 2013 at 7:03 am said: