No Man's Sky

The Walking Dead at Comic-Con ’13: Kirkman, Telltale Tell All

Laura Perusco's Avatar + Posted by Laura Perusco on Jul 23, 2013 // Community Lead, Telltale Games

We’ve just returned today from an incredible weekend at Comic-Con, and if there’s one thing we’re sure of after our time in San Diego, it’s that fans of The Walking Dead are the best in the world! On Saturday afternoon, ‘Walking Fans’ lined up for hours to see a special panel we held with Telltale co-founders Dan Connors and Kevin Bruner, PlayStation’s Don Mesa, and The Walking Dead creator himself, Robert Kirkman!

Kirkman & Clem

Watch the video of the panel above, and if you haven’t played The Walking Dead Season One yet, there’s just one spoiler-free tidbit you should know. All five episodes of The Walking Dead Season One, including The Walking Dead: 400 Days DLC episode will be coming to PS Vita on August 20th. Even more good news? Fans can also expect to see Season Two of the series hit PS Vita as well later this year! All of the stress and heartbreak of the undead saga will be at your thumbs or your fingertips wherever you are. But did we spill any details on Season Two? Perhaps we did… read on for more!

The next bit of information might be considered a spoiler if you’ve not played Season One, so fair warning to stop now! Still reading? Good! Fans in attendance were lined up during the panel to ask a marathon of questions for the team, managing to get a few more bits out of our storytellers on stage. The biggest question on everyone’s minds, including from a fan cos-playing as a certain eight-year old girl wearing a baseball cap, was the question of whether we’d ever see Clementine again. While details were scarce, our very own Dan Connors himself was able to confirm for the first time that Clementine will definitely be a part of Season Two… but wasn’t able to say much more than that.

photo

Thanks again to all of the fans who showed up in person, and if you weren’t able to make it, check out the video above and let us know what you think in the comments about the upcoming PS Vita release and the premiere of Season Two this fall! Oh! And before I forget, there is one more Banang-flavored piece of juicy goodness to confirm for Trophy hunters out there – even if you’ve already played through Season One on PS3, you can earn an additional set of Trophies for playing the series on PS Vita as well, so get ready to re-live those decisions that range from horrible to horrifying all over again. See you in Savannah, everyone!

+ JuniorFreakinHD on July 23rd, 2013 at 12:03 pm said:

Awesome!

Laura Perusco's Avatar

+ Laura Perusco on July 23rd, 2013 at 1:44 pm said:

Thanks so much! You’re awesome for reading. :-)

+ Kchow23 on July 23rd, 2013 at 12:09 pm said:

So, will the game support Cross Buy or not?

Laura Perusco's Avatar

+ Laura Perusco on July 23rd, 2013 at 1:52 pm said:

While Cross-Buy will not be supported for Season One of The Walking Dead, we are able to support an additional set of trophies for players interested in the experience on Vita in addition to the PS3 release.

+ GStylez1980 on July 23rd, 2013 at 12:15 pm said:

Played it on PS3…one of the best stories in video games, bar none. Only played through it once though…will play through it a few more times on my Vita. Can’t wait to see what happens when I make different choices.

+ Sk8erfreakmatt10 on July 23rd, 2013 at 12:20 pm said:

This is awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Laura Perusco's Avatar

+ Laura Perusco on July 23rd, 2013 at 1:44 pm said:

Thank YOU for watching!

+ BlueBl1zzard on July 23rd, 2013 at 12:30 pm said:

Clementine!!

+ Zionine on July 23rd, 2013 at 12:33 pm said:

Awesome news.

PS: The store is updated on the web portal PSN Store.. Just purchase from on there and then download from your PS3/Vita’s download list. Gonna be playing Stealth Inc and the Guac DLC Soon!

+ Valde_zerocool on July 23rd, 2013 at 12:39 pm said:

Huge spoilers in the video for anyone who hasn’t played an is waiting for the Vita release. I can’t wait to buy Season 1 again, I already bought it for PS3, on iPad for my wife and ipad for my friend and his wife, my favorite game for 2012 by miles.

+ Mercenary09 on July 23rd, 2013 at 1:25 pm said:

I can’t wait to play this on my Vita and i’m really excited for Season 2! Please make Season 2 cross buy!

+ tusunami on July 23rd, 2013 at 1:27 pm said:

Now this is why i would by it again on my PS Vita, still have to play it on my PS3 though.

Laura Perusco's Avatar

+ Laura Perusco on July 23rd, 2013 at 1:53 pm said:

Goodness! Can’t wait for you to play it… and do try to stay away from spoilers! :-P

+ lisatsunami on July 23rd, 2013 at 1:32 pm said:

I loved it on my PS3 and will buy it again for my Vita on Aug 20th. Thanks for bringing it to the Vita.

+ DoTheKiller91 on July 23rd, 2013 at 1:41 pm said:

Yay more Clementine! Will there be a season pass for season 2?

Laura Perusco's Avatar

+ Laura Perusco on July 23rd, 2013 at 1:57 pm said:

Should certainly be safe to assume there will be a season pass option on the PlayStation Store for Season Two. Stay tuned for more details once we have them later this fall! :-)

+ plaztiksyke on July 23rd, 2013 at 2:52 pm said:

I’m a huge TellTale fan, but I have some questions/concerns about re-buying Walking Dead on Vita.

Is there cross-save between PS3 and Vita versions?

Will the Vita version have a platinum trophy when *downloaded*? Fans have gotten screwed in the past by supporting TellTale with day 1 digital purchases only to not get a platinum trophy included in later retail releases (BTTF, Jurassic Park, Walking Dead PS3)

Will there be a discount for the Vita version for owners of the PS3 version like other developers/publishers have done?

Audio quality has always been hit or miss with Telltale games on PS3 and mobile platforms — will the audio assets in the Vita version be better quality than the iPad and/or PS3 version?

When can we expect Sam & Max Season 1 and/or Wallace & Gromit on PS3?

When can we expect other TellTale games (Poker Night, SBCG4AP, etc) on Vita?

Any plans to patch Sam & Max: Beyond Time and Space to bring the graphics in line with the Xbox 360 version? the PS3 version looks like a port of the iPad version’s engine/assets :(

+ wtGp on July 23rd, 2013 at 2:56 pm said:

How much will will Season 1 be going for on Vita?
will Season 2 be cross buy?

+ mikeman33 on July 23rd, 2013 at 3:18 pm said:

Will the vita release of TWD have a retail version or is it digital only?

+ Kchow23 on July 23rd, 2013 at 6:21 pm said:

I hope that Season 2 is cross buy. I love the game on PS3, but I wouldn’t buy it again specially with the next one coming soon.

+ Phoenix7469 on July 23rd, 2013 at 8:15 pm said:

Just finished Episode 5 and I must say what a great story! It really captivated my attention. Great game, thanks.

+ sugarcoat_n00b on July 24th, 2013 at 12:16 pm said:

but is it going to be free? because if ti is that would be a huge milestone for the vita

+ LAYZPIPE4CASH4 on July 24th, 2013 at 1:44 pm said:

why lee ?

+ Dkmomo64bit on July 24th, 2013 at 4:05 pm said:

I was stuck on one part of the game playing on my cousin’s PS3 and i looked up how to get past it, but only ended up spoiling the ending! CURSE YOU CURIOSITY! Can’t wait to get this for myself on Vita! (I don’t have a PS3)

+ Miami-Heat-54 on July 25th, 2013 at 1:17 pm said:

Does anybody know if the PS4 going to have Playstation Home

+ Miami-Heat-54 on July 25th, 2013 at 1:18 pm said:

and why do we have to type our date of birth at the top

+ ZinWezboy on August 1st, 2013 at 12:12 pm said:

Yea,Walking dead for Ps Vita :D !

+ EXQUISITEEMPRESS on August 22nd, 2013 at 8:29 am said:

I was waiting to buy this on PC but it looks like I’ll be purchasing this on Vita and PS3 just to get the double set of trophies.