PS4-Watch_Dogs

Rainbow Skies Coming to PS3, PS Vita in 2014

Marcus Pukropski's Avatar + Posted by Marcus Pukropski on Aug 02, 2013 // CEO, SideQuest Studios

Hi RPG and indie fans! We’re excited to announce that Rainbow Skies is coming exclusively to PS3 and PS Vita in 2014.

Rainbow Skies on PS3

Rainbow Skies is an indirect sequel to our RPG from last year, Rainbow Moon, which was nominated as the “Best Indie Game” in the PSN Gamers’ Choice Awards 2013.

Rainbow Skies on PS3

Taking a lot of fan feedback into consideration, we’ve been working on Rainbow Skies for nearly a year and are now eager to tell you more about the project. First, Rainbow Skies is a new game that takes place in a new world, with new characters, monsters, and a story that isn’t linked to its predecessor. The world of Rainbow Skies stretches over two parallel worlds, with strong visual variety, and 50 dedicated background music tracks.

Rainbow Skies is more than just a sequel. We’ll be introducing many new features, including monster taming, an advanced battle system with new combo attacks, new dungeon action elements, a new dialog and emoticon system, new treasure hunt quests, an improved side quest system, explorable buildings, and new mini-games.

Apart from providing the new content and features, we’re absolutely staying true to our roots. Fans of traditional RPG play can once again look forward to turn-based battles, free world and dungeon exploration, extensive character development, and lots of optional goodies. Including the ability to play across both PS3 and PS Vita.

Rainbow Skies on PS3Rainbow Skies on PS3

I hope that I’ve sparked your interest in Rainbow Skies! If you have any questions, post them into the comments and I’ll get back to you. For updates, make sure to check out Rainbow Skies’ official website, and follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Thanks for all your amazing support!

PAGE 1 2 3

+ krae_man on August 2nd, 2013 at 10:07 am said:

You took 120 hours of my life, and I want then back!

Seriously though Hurry up and gimmie!

+ saintaqua on August 2nd, 2013 at 10:08 am said:

I never finished Rainbow Moon since I was hoping for Vita version. Maybe I will now though.
It’s good to know that it did well enough for a sequel.
Congratulations! I look forward to new features!

+ Dustinwp on August 2nd, 2013 at 10:08 am said:

Sounds fantastic! Looking forward to getting more info. Do you have a price point you’re shooting for? And do you have plans for cross-buy?

+ Marcus Pukropski on August 2nd, 2013 at 10:18 am said:

Hi,

regarding cross buy – nothing has decided so far, but we’ll keep you up to date as soon as we have more info on this. Price point will be similar to Rainbow Moon.

+ Stranger_Eddie on August 2nd, 2013 at 10:09 am said:

“is coming exclusively to PS3 and PS Vita ”

…. ” exclusively to… and PS Vita” PS VITA ???

- Am I dreaming? Sony is learning?

XD

Thank you Marcus Pukropski // CEO, SideQuest Studios!

+ Folklore_Legendz on August 2nd, 2013 at 10:10 am said:

I just want to say, thank you! for making the vita version. I have a question though: I really liked rainbow moon, but the story, I felt was lacking. how deep does the game goes with the characters and the story?

+ Marcus Pukropski on August 2nd, 2013 at 10:22 am said:

Hi Folklore_Legendz,

we want to improve story and presentation in Rainbow Skies, however the game willl stay troo to its roots, so a strong focus will still be on gameplay.

Hope that helps.

+ trustyourpilot on August 2nd, 2013 at 10:11 am said:

Obvious question: Why not PS4 as well?

Can’t wait to touch the skies!

+ andremal on August 2nd, 2013 at 10:13 am said:

I’ll echo the sentiment – any chance for PS4 release as well?

+ Zionine on August 2nd, 2013 at 10:13 am said:

:D

+ Marcus Pukropski on August 2nd, 2013 at 10:26 am said:

We will consider a possible PS4 release after the official release on the PS3/VITA platform. Everything else would delay the project even more.

+ xClayMeow on August 2nd, 2013 at 10:13 am said:

Says the images are private when I click on them :(

Never played Rainbow Moon (don’t own a PS3, only Vita), but it looks interesting. Never really got into tactical JRPGs, but I’m tempted by this. Hope it plays well on Vita!!!

+ Squiggle55 on August 2nd, 2013 at 10:15 am said:

Looks great! Hopefully Rainbow Moon is still coming to Vita also. I’ve been waiting for that version to dive in and I’ll buy it instantly.

+ Stranger_Eddie on August 2nd, 2013 at 10:20 am said:

+ xClayMeow, goes to Official Website of the game!… There, you can see more pictures!

+ CaptainJ1342 on August 2nd, 2013 at 10:21 am said:

Can we get a release date for Rainbow Moon on vita?

+ Marcus Pukropski on August 2nd, 2013 at 10:32 am said:

Rainbow Moon Vita is completely playable and in the final testing phase. However, submission process can take a few months, but will be definitely this year.

+ waylander90232 on August 2nd, 2013 at 10:23 am said:

@10 yup they are hard at work finishing the Vita Version of Rainbow moon wooohoooo and now Rainbow Skies looks very promising !! Great work guy’s :)

+ xClayMeow on August 2nd, 2013 at 10:23 am said:

@Stranger_Eddie, THANKS!

+ wally_mammoth on August 2nd, 2013 at 10:23 am said:

This is excellent news! And I second on when we get a release date for vita version of Rainbow Moon.

+ BNast7 on August 2nd, 2013 at 10:23 am said:

Is Rainbow Moon ever coming to Vita? I was waiting for the Vita version before I downloaded it for PS3.

+ Pesico on August 2nd, 2013 at 10:23 am said:

Rainbow Moon was one of my favorite games last year. Can’t wait for this.

+ akisuo on August 2nd, 2013 at 10:24 am said:

Never got to the play the first one, and I still want to. Just hope the Vita version comes out before Rainbow Skies. =) Very excited for the sequel and I will be buying this day one for my Vita.

+ TXCScorpion on August 2nd, 2013 at 10:24 am said:

Another Vita purchase here. I’ve got both systems but I prefer the portability if needed. Can’t wait!

+ HeathenAmerico on August 2nd, 2013 at 10:26 am said:

I most certainly echo the PS4 statement… Cause I wasn’t planning on keeping my PS3 but I might have to now. Or just go Vita exclusive… Grrr.

+ xClayMeow on August 2nd, 2013 at 10:26 am said:

BTW, I should have added, having not played RM (due to not having a PS3), I must say I’m very happy this is a brand new story. Checked out the main website and it’s looking awesome. I think this may be my first tactical JRPG I buy!!!

+ Gorvi on August 2nd, 2013 at 10:28 am said:

Awesome, so now I have two SRPGs to look forward to from you guys on the Vita. Now please hurry up with RM so I can finish it before RS comes out. :)

+ Marcus Pukropski on August 2nd, 2013 at 10:40 am said:

Be assured we work hard on this:)

+ StealthReborn– on August 2nd, 2013 at 10:32 am said:

Welcome back to the blog Marcus! =)

Looking forward to Rainbow Skies, Day 1 purchase! =)

+ Marcus Pukropski on August 2nd, 2013 at 10:44 am said:

Hi StealthReborn,

good to have you back here too, feels familiar:)

+ ninjatuned on August 2nd, 2013 at 10:33 am said:

Any word on the Vita version of Rainbow Moon?

+ streethawkfan on August 2nd, 2013 at 10:34 am said:

Can’t wait to play it :)

+ Stranger_Eddie on August 2nd, 2013 at 10:34 am said:

A few minutes later the one announced a new exclusive game for Vita …

Appeared numerous owners of PS Vita with good hopes!

This is what the Vita needs! = Exclusive games!

Thank you again!

+ Marcus Pukropski on August 2nd, 2013 at 10:45 am said:

Glad you like the announcement:)

+ xClayMeow on August 2nd, 2013 at 10:43 am said:

Thanks for the reply!

I saw you mentioned Rainbow Moon is coming to Vita too. Any chance of a Rainbow Moon/Rainbow Skies Vita bundle?

+ Marcus Pukropski on August 2nd, 2013 at 10:47 am said:

That’s absolutely possible, but usually these bundles are released if both games are on the market for some time. So, probably not before 2016, but just a guess.

+ smokey_vols on August 2nd, 2013 at 10:48 am said:

I got all the trophies for RM on the PS3 and hope to do the same on the Vita. I’ve been looking forward to info on the sequel since it was announced as in development! Can we get a trailer? Thanks for the great games.

+ togue on August 2nd, 2013 at 10:49 am said:

Normally I show up to these articles asking where the VITA version is…My wallet is ready!

+ MushThePainter on August 2nd, 2013 at 10:49 am said:

I’m excited for this, perfect game for the Vita

+ xClayMeow on August 2nd, 2013 at 10:53 am said:

Yeah Marcus, that’s true. Well I certainly wouldn’t want to wait that long! I’ll probably pick up RS first, then if I like it, maybe go back to RM :)

Thanks again for the reply!

+ Borshay on August 2nd, 2013 at 10:57 am said:

I’m eagerly awaiting Rainbow Moon for the Vita, knowing Rainbow Skies will be releasing for both the PS3 and the PSVita at the same time makes me a very happy camper.

Any idea on the file size for Rainbow Moon will be on the PS Vita?

+ Marcus Pukropski on August 2nd, 2013 at 11:04 am said:

Hi Borshay ,

~1.7 GB. A little bit smaller than the PS3 version because of the reduced screen res. No worries, no content have been removed. Just the opposite, the vita version has got all the updates the PS3 version will get with the patch by default.

+ rabidninjamonky on August 2nd, 2013 at 11:04 am said:

i loved Rainbow Moon! By far my favorite psn game ever. I even platinumed it. Is Rainbow Skies going to be as big as Rainbow moon? Please say it is. I loved everything about RM except the character models. Will I be able to sink over 100 hours into RS as well?

+ Marcus Pukropski on August 2nd, 2013 at 11:08 am said:

Hi rabidninjamonky,

yes – yes:)

+ D-Squad3 on August 2nd, 2013 at 11:06 am said:

THANK YOU for being exclusive!!!

- Cross Buy?

No PS4 version?

+ Marcus Pukropski on August 2nd, 2013 at 11:17 am said:

Hi D-Squad3,

nothing has been decided so far regarding Cross Buys. We will consider a PS4 release after the regular version has been released on PS3 and vita.

Hope that helps.

+ Borshay on August 2nd, 2013 at 11:11 am said:

@Marcus Pukropski

Thanks! Kinda glad its still a few months off, gives me time to finish up some of the games I got during Sony’s Summer Sale. Too many quality games and not enough memory space.

Rainbow Moon looked excellent but I was without a PS3 during its release, so I am eagerly waiting for its Vita debut.

… and I just watched 30 seconds of Rainbow Moon’s gameplay trailer. You got my purchases for both Moon and Skies lol.

+ BlueBl1zzard on August 2nd, 2013 at 11:15 am said:

I haven’t played Rainbow Moon, but I may check out this one. And the line “…play across both PS3 and PS Vita” just made my day :D
Thanks!

+ Borshay on August 2nd, 2013 at 11:16 am said:

Will the Vita version of Rainbow Moon have similar trophies as the PS3 version?

+ Marcus Pukropski on August 2nd, 2013 at 11:20 am said:

Hi Borshay,

the vita version features exactly the same trophy set as the PS3 version. Both games supports Cross Save and that implies the same trophy set. So, your progress on PS Vita will be reflected on PS3 and vice versa.

Hope that helps.

+ Mando44646 on August 2nd, 2013 at 11:22 am said:

Can’t wait to get this on Vita!

+ krae_man on August 2nd, 2013 at 11:24 am said:

this sounds like a Late 2014 game. :(

+ Borshay on August 2nd, 2013 at 11:27 am said:

@Marcus Pukropski

Thanks for all the responses! I really appreciate all the info! Before this blog post I didn’t realize it had a Platinum or was as long as it was. I was going to buy it when it was released anyway before, now I might explode from excitement. Rainbow Moon looks amazing and I can’t wait to play it!

+ DasRequiem on August 2nd, 2013 at 11:27 am said:

It looks so good! It feels far away, but I’m already interested.

+ Christian399 on August 2nd, 2013 at 11:30 am said:

Will be nabbing RM on Vita as soon as its out. Also will grab this once its released. I’m not a fan of the cutesy aesthetic, but I must say the depth to RM (played on PS3) is shocking. That, and the additional DLC and purchases didn’t feel like they were trying to gouge you, I’m interested in what this team have in store for 2014 and beyond. New IP I hope?

+ XwingVmanX on August 2nd, 2013 at 11:45 am said:

Had to check this out once I saw Roxas holding two swords.

+ RenderMonk on August 2nd, 2013 at 12:04 pm said:

Always thrilled to hear of RPG love heading my Vita’s way. Had to hop on and show my RPG support!! Thanks guys.

+ poodude on August 2nd, 2013 at 1:11 pm said:

Eagerly anticipating Rainbow Moon on the Vita. Started it on my PS3 but I figured it’d be best to wait until the Vita version comes out.

Hoping Rainbow Skies releases on PS3 and Vita simultaneously!

Oh, and if you guys ever have the time I would totally double dip on a Vita release of Soldner-X.

+ Marcus Pukropski on August 2nd, 2013 at 1:29 pm said:

Hi poodude,

we’re always considering re-releases of our older games on new platforms and the vita is especially suitable for that. Can’t say more at the moment but stay tuned.

+ tusunami on August 2nd, 2013 at 1:12 pm said:

This looks like this might be a great game will keep my eye out for this.

+ Bigmoose1985 on August 2nd, 2013 at 1:28 pm said:

@Marcus Pukropski

Are there any plans for a Söldner-X 3?

+ Marcus Pukropski on August 2nd, 2013 at 1:36 pm said:

Hi Bigmoose,

currently we have no plans for a Soldner-X sequel I’m afraid.

SX2 was praised by fans and critics at the same time, but unfortunately from a commercial point of view, it was not really successful, so we’re very glad that our Rainbow Series was received so well.

+ lisatsunami on August 2nd, 2013 at 1:28 pm said:

Yay, another new Vita game, thanks!!!!

+ Motherboop on August 2nd, 2013 at 1:51 pm said:

Fantastic news! Eagerly awaiting Rainbow Moon Vita – I played about 5 hours into the PS3 version, and have been waiting out for the Vita version ever since…can’t wait to finish it off!!! Rainbow Skies PS3/Vita day one!

+ Bigmoose1985 on August 2nd, 2013 at 1:52 pm said:

@Marcus

Now im sad, shoot em ups are my favorite.

I will be buying Rainbow Skies day one.

+ Marcus Pukropski on August 2nd, 2013 at 2:07 pm said:

Hi Bigmoose,

I’m really sorry too – wish I would have a more positive reply for you.

Thanks for supportings us anyway, we always appreciate feedback from the community!

PAGE 1 2 3