PS4 - Destiny

Superfrog HD on PS3 and PS Vita Launching Tomorrow

Bethany Aston's Avatar + Posted by Bethany Aston on Aug 05, 2013 // Senior PR Executive, Team 17 Digital Ltd.

Hi PlayStation.Blog readers! Well, it’s been six months since we originally revealed that Superfrog was making his return in glorious HD on PS3 and PS Vita, and in that time we’ve been super busy over here at Team17.

We’re really excited to announce that Superfrog HD will launch tomorrow on PSN for $9.99! As a bonus, PlayStation Plus members will receive a 20% discount.

Superfrog HD on PS3 and PS Vita

Superfrog HD features 24 reimagined levels based on the original designs, spread out across six differently themed worlds: Magic Woods, Spooky House, A Day at the Circus, History Lesson, Ice Caverns, and Factory Failure. Fans of the original levels needn’t fear — the 24 original levels can be unlocked by winning a spin on the Fruit Machine!

We’ve added several new features for Superfrog HD, including an endless runner mode, Frog Trails, and a Level Editor for players to create their own crazy courses for our favorite amphibian to navigate!

Those playing Superfrog HD on both PS3 and PS Vita can use their Vita as a controller while playing the PS3 version. Doing so will give you the added benefit of uncovering secrets, which are displayed on the PS Vita screen! Go through a portal on the PS3 version, and Superfrog might end up in a hidden area on your Vita!

Superfrog HD on PS3 and PS VitaSuperfrog HD on PS3 and PS Vita

Similarly, you can move your save file between your PS3 and PS Vita, so you can keep Superfrog moving — even when you’re on the go!

We hope you enjoy Superfrog HD. Don’t forget that if you purchase it on PS3, you get a copy free to play on PS Vita! And vice versa!

50 Comments   1 Reply

+ Michzadood on August 5th, 2013 at 6:05 am said:

It seen fun :)

+ Zionine on August 5th, 2013 at 6:08 am said:

File size?

+ Mercenary09 on August 5th, 2013 at 6:08 am said:

Really looking forward to this! Nice to see the Plus discount too!

+ ast123456 on August 5th, 2013 at 6:13 am said:

What is the file size for the PS Vita?

+ alex042795 on August 5th, 2013 at 6:19 am said:

playstation plus update please?

+ letherclad on August 5th, 2013 at 6:24 am said:

I like the cross control support between vita/ps3, is this title cross buy?

+ chemical3579 on August 5th, 2013 at 6:27 am said:

nice

+ MoustafaMohamed on August 5th, 2013 at 6:29 am said:

playstation plus update please , i hope mafia II please

+ Mercenary09 on August 5th, 2013 at 6:35 am said:

@6
If you read the post then you would see that it says its Cross buy.

+ letherclad on August 5th, 2013 at 6:41 am said:

@9
Why bother reading it when people like you are kind enough to point it out?

+ Hogwild333 on August 5th, 2013 at 6:48 am said:

Thank you for supporting Vita with your release on both platforms. That is cool that you can find some secret areas by using the Vita on the PS3 version.

+ remanutd5 on August 5th, 2013 at 7:02 am said:

vita version = instant buy.

+ MussiBR on August 5th, 2013 at 7:06 am said:

PS+ update?

+ Ryumoau on August 5th, 2013 at 7:21 am said:

looks cute.

+ iREVOLTER on August 5th, 2013 at 7:23 am said:

Like the 20% discount , how long will it be discounted ? No mana right now x( . I may buy it later if the ps+ discount will be applied .

+ GhostMachine1 on August 5th, 2013 at 7:38 am said:

I’ve been following this game for a while. I’m glad that it’s finally coming out. :)

+ JimmyHACK on August 5th, 2013 at 7:42 am said:

This game should have totally been featured in the “PLAY” promotion. Can’t wait to play it tomorrow.

+ JeffsonP_US on August 5th, 2013 at 7:45 am said:

I’ll get it! ^^

+ trum3n1 on August 5th, 2013 at 7:48 am said:

Why is there no SEARCH button in MY DOWNLOAD LIST? I have like over 300 files and I can’t find there anything.

+ PhillyTheCat on August 5th, 2013 at 7:59 am said:

Cross Buy = Instant Buy
Team 17 is totally doing us right!
That PS+ discount is superb!!
Thanks!!

+ Kssio_Aug on August 5th, 2013 at 8:02 am said:

Looks really nice!

Hope today we have our PS+ Update. And hope even more to be a better month than July!!
Need for Speed (PS3) and Lord of the Rings (Vita) come to me!!!!!

+ TXCScorpion on August 5th, 2013 at 8:03 am said:

Cross buy? PS+ Discount? Vita Controller? Every other developer take note, this is how you get people to buy your game. Definitely picking this up. Oh and the level editor is icing and sprinkles on the cake. Can’t wait!

+ Benzitor on August 5th, 2013 at 8:14 am said:

As a true Team17 fan, and a true SuperFrog anthousiast, this game will be on my Vita tomorrow…

Playing superfrog that finally looks like the awesome title screen artstyle is priceless….

Project X or Body blows on Vita ??? Anyone ?

+ TinCannEd on August 5th, 2013 at 8:31 am said:

Are the Trophies for Superfrog HD, Shared or Seperate?

Meaning are there separate lists for the Vita & PS3 or is it just one Trophy list shared by both?

+ DieWithHonor on August 5th, 2013 at 8:47 am said:

Team 17 have done an awesome job here. I cant stop playing it and its nice to get such a long awaited game before the US…. Have only played it on my PSvita so far but its on my PS3 installed and ready to play…… However if your like me and love to play the original you can down load it off GOG.com and play it on your laptop/pc as well…. This game is worth every penny and makes you realize why you became a gamer in the first place….

Hope you enjoy…..

p.s. any chance team17 will do PROJECT X HD…… PLEASE ASK…

+ PainOfSarrow on August 5th, 2013 at 8:53 am said:

after watching gameplay of this il pass. to kiddish for my taste.

+ SuperFrog-UK on August 5th, 2013 at 8:54 am said:

Hope you enjoy…..

p.s. any chance team17 will do PROJECT X HD…… PLEASE ASK…

+ pvchook on August 5th, 2013 at 9:21 am said:

Another Amiga classic reimaged for the PS3! I am really stoked about this! Any other Classic Team17 remakes in the works?

+ lisatsunami on August 5th, 2013 at 10:07 am said:

@10, letherclad, that’s a really funny rejoinder but honestly, your answer was in the post’s title, not buried deep down, so why not make a little effort?

Bethany, I appreciate that your team has not only included a Vita version, cross buy but even enabled the Vita as controller feature. You’ve really gone the extra mile to appeal to Vita owners, thank you. Oh, and the Plus discount, too. I’ll buy it.

+ martinirage1 on August 5th, 2013 at 10:21 am said:

Wow this is really cool. I think that being to uncover secrets while playing the ps3 version with your vita as a controller is pretty awesome. More developers should do that. Great job

+ vanwinkle on August 5th, 2013 at 11:51 am said:

Will buy. I was watching a video of this game, though, and the jumping and jump physics just look so…off. I know they are mimicking how they were on the original game, but I think they should have been updated, similarly to how Rayman Origin still retains the nostalgic feeling of the original games but is updated to modern standards of speed and jump physics.

+ gameboybp on August 5th, 2013 at 2:23 pm said:

Battletoads…

That is all.

+ Zevrou on August 5th, 2013 at 3:00 pm said:

Right in the childhood

+ tusunami on August 5th, 2013 at 3:57 pm said:

This is great glad to see PS Vita getting another game!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ sic2291 on August 5th, 2013 at 5:12 pm said:

I won’t be picking it up this week but I’ll definitely be buying it. I like whatever version (DOS-BOX iirc) they have on GOG.

+ Velloid on August 5th, 2013 at 5:43 pm said:

This is a fantastic platformer game. Most of you must be so young that you don’t remember this game from the great Amiga computer. Team 17 made some of the best games in almost EVERY genre on the Amiga. People, do yourselves a favor and google or better yet you tube some of thier games, BodyBlows/Galactic, Project X, Assassin, Alien Breeds, ATR, Overdrive, Qwak, etc.. It’s awesome that they are releasing some of these games for the PS3. If you are a fan of good old classic gameplay, then pick up any game that team 17 release!

+ sic2291 on August 5th, 2013 at 5:59 pm said:

@36 A lot of the DOS-BOX versions of those games are on GOG. I hear some of the Amiga versions are better, too bad they don’t have support for that yet. I’m glad to see Team 17 games like Alien Breed and SuperFrog remastered for the PS3/Vita though, too many people only know them for Worms.

+ KonradW on August 5th, 2013 at 6:40 pm said:

SUPERFROG!!!!!!!! OMG i played that on Amiga propably more than 20 years ago!!! Great game. Hope to see more classic games, maybe :
Bubba & Stick
Dizzy
Fire and Ice
Wings of Fury

+ harrypoopers on August 5th, 2013 at 8:42 pm said:

+ trum3n1 said:

- Yeah, I’ve got 2,700+ items so how do you think I feel on the subject?

On topic, keep up the good work, Team 17!!!

+ Elvick_ on August 5th, 2013 at 9:54 pm said:

Yay! Cross Controller! Thanks a lot for supporting that often overlooked feature! Was buying anyway, but the PS+ discount and cc really make it easy to support you guys! looking forward to it on my Vita.

+ IXxHIJACKERxXI on August 5th, 2013 at 11:14 pm said:

fallout3 + psn = fun

+ Ecks on August 5th, 2013 at 11:44 pm said:

I bought this twenty years ago for my Amiga 500, and I’ll be buying it again on PSN. I always loved Team 17 games back on the Amiga and would buy them all. Glad to see the games coming back!

+ abzdine on August 6th, 2013 at 8:18 am said:

i wish i could buy it, but PSN doesn’t allow me to put money on my account!

+ TheMART on August 6th, 2013 at 8:35 am said:

I bought this on the EU store last week, 6.49 Euro with PS+ discount for both PS3 and PSVita versions

Size: PSvita version around 264MB
PS3 version around 70MB

PSVita version includes some map editor and cross controller data I guess its why it is bigger.

Game is worth it for sure, if you liked Superfrog back in the days, this is a no-brainer certainly for such a great price. Cross-buy, cross-controller, this is a must have.

And Team17, said it on EU Blog already: Project-X in HD as a next project please?

+ Farmer-Willis on August 6th, 2013 at 11:54 am said:

WHEN’S MAHVEL?!

+ Welmosca on August 6th, 2013 at 12:48 pm said:

Nice very nice…this is just my type of game…oldschool platformer…damn this game is looking good.I’ll pick it up when I add some more credit to my Store wallet.

+ danny3755 on August 6th, 2013 at 4:55 pm said:

Hey hopefully you see this message but im loving the game and the cross play is really awesome feature. Thanks for your hard work on this game. Great game.

Bethany Aston's Avatar

+ Bethany Aston on August 7th, 2013 at 5:54 am said:

Hi Danny,

We’re glad to hear you’re enjoying Superfrog HD, thanks for taking the time to comment!

Bethany Aston's Avatar

+ Bethany Aston on August 7th, 2013 at 6:27 am said:

Hey,

We just wanted to say thank you for all your lovely comments!

We really hope you’ll enjoy Superfrog HD :)

+ Benzitor on August 7th, 2013 at 10:45 pm said:

I haven’t purchased it yet…sorry guys…was busy on something else… But i will do ASAP ;)

If the game retain its old AMIGAish feel, i will love it for sure. All plateformer refer a lot too much on Mario, and back in the Amiga/St era, there was different offerings…different gameplay…Superfrog was one of my favorite…Hope i won’t be disappointed. But i trust Team 17 blindly

+ sfbsfb on August 9th, 2013 at 9:20 am said:

Looks like a fun game. I might try it.