PS4 - Destiny

PS Mobile: Little Acorns Lands This Week

Paul Sullivan's Avatar + Posted by Paul Sullivan on Aug 07, 2013 // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

PS Mobile Update 8-7-2013

Every Tuesday, there are new games, apps and updates added to PlayStation Mobile. Chillingo’s Little Acorns along with Thomas Hopper’s Shuttle Quest 2000 released this week. There are also updates to Hyper Reminder, Radiant Flux, and Word Blocked. There is also new DLC content being added to Penguin Party.

New Releases

Little Acorns on PS MobileLittle Acorns on PS Mobile

Little Acorns by Chillingo (EA Inc.) ($1.49 for full game, $1.49 for each in-app purchases)

Guide Mr. Nibbles the acorn-hoarding squirrel through a variety of levels in this charming platforming adventure. Collect the acorns scattered around each zone to stock up for winter. Featuring super simple controls, a variety of game mechanics with a cute and loveable look, Little Acorns is an adventure that is completely at home on PlayStation®Mobile

PS Mobile Update 8-7-2013 PS Mobile Update 8-7-2013

Shuttle Quest 2000 by Thomas Hopper (Free for demo, $4.49 for full game unlock)

As the pilot of the unique ‘Battle Shuttle’ join the fight against the evil General Xzarod and save the galaxy in this RETRO Action-RPG-Shooter!

• Play the first chapter for free!
  • Battle in 30 story missions over six chapters
  • Fight 6 giant Megaship bosses
  • Collect or buy resources and use them to craft new items
  • Equip weapons and drones in one of 4.2 million combinations
  • Meet all sorts of characters on ‘Shuttle Station 8′
  • Play unlimited random missions with ‘Custom Flight Plans’
Updates
  • Hyper Reminder by retas ($2.79)
  • Word Blocked by Quirkat ($1.99)
  • Radiant Flux by Thomas Hopper ($0.99)
DLC Content Additions
  • Penguin Party by XMPTGames (Free, Circus Map pack – $1.49, Hats of Wearable Pack – New $0.99, Old $1.49)

PS Vita owners can download these games from the PlayStation Mobile section of PlayStation Store; Owners of PlayStation-certified devices such as the Sony Xperia Z smartphone, Wikipad or Sony Xperia Z tablet, can obtain them through the PlayStation Mobile Store for the same price.

Click here for a full list of the certified devices or here for installation instructions.

+ Mercenary09 on August 7th, 2013 at 7:11 am said:

Little Acorns looks like it could be fun.

+ SNORLAXex on August 7th, 2013 at 7:29 am said:

I love squirrels!

+ alarionultima on August 7th, 2013 at 7:47 am said:

can we get Cytus sale? :D:DD

+ YoungSpade141 on August 7th, 2013 at 7:54 am said:

$1.50 I’ll pick it up

Paul Sullivan's Avatar

+ Paul Sullivan on August 7th, 2013 at 11:18 am said:

Yeah it’s a great price, and a really fun game.

+ vanwinkle on August 7th, 2013 at 7:59 am said:

No. It’s NOT “right at home on Playstation Mobile,” Paul. You want to know why? The game, fairly simplistic and 2D, can’t even run at a steady 30fps! On the 3DS, by all accounts a far less powerful system, Little Acorns runs at a perfect 60fps, in both 2D and with 3D activated.

How could PSM have so many performance issues? How do you expect us to get excited about PSM games when they are INCAPABLE of running well? Little Acorns should have been an absolute breeze to get running at 60fps, but no, instead we’re getting 20-30fps framerate.

+ allnewfie on August 7th, 2013 at 8:02 am said:

anyone know why the ps forums dont work ps vita?

+ FriedConsole on August 7th, 2013 at 8:53 am said:

@5 You 1080p 60FPS guys are hilarious.

+ vanwinkle on August 7th, 2013 at 9:05 am said:

@FriedConsole. ARE YOU KIDDING? Please, tell me you are. A 2D platformer, especially one this simple, should be 60fps. This is established with 2D platformers. This is not a tech matter. This is a responsiveness issue. You’re acting like I’m talking about some graphics-intensive 3D game or something. Are you suggesting performance is not important? Are you saying we should be happy with sub-30fps performance in a 2D platformer on our high-tech handheld? Especially when it’s far less powerful rival runs the game at a perfect 60fps.

+ tylerh1701 on August 7th, 2013 at 9:06 am said:

Any chance trophies are ever going to make it to PSM?

+ FreelanceSam on August 7th, 2013 at 9:56 am said:

@5, OMG, as long as it controls well, who cares? I bought Little Acorns and there is no problem at all playing the game. Doesn’t WipEout 2048 run at 30fps? I had no issues playing that game either. 60fps is great, but not every single game needs it.

+ FreelanceSam on August 7th, 2013 at 9:58 am said:

Updates
Word Blocked by Quirkat ($1.99)

Does that mean the game got a patch or something?

Paul Sullivan's Avatar

+ Paul Sullivan on August 7th, 2013 at 11:19 am said:

It does, I’m not exactly sure what the update is at this time. But yes, that’s what’s going on there.

+ swan-ton-bom on August 7th, 2013 at 11:21 am said:

I’m aware there are limitations to this, but I kinda wish ps mobile was available for laptops/pc as well.

+ swan-ton-bom on August 7th, 2013 at 11:26 am said:

Nice looking game though.

+ BretBaber on August 7th, 2013 at 12:30 pm said:

When problems overwhelm us and sadness smothers us, where do we find the will and the courage to continue? The answer may come from the caring voice of a friend, a chance encounter with a book, or from a personal faith. For Janet, help came from her faith, but it also came from a squirrel. Shortly after her divorce, Janet lost her father. Then she lost her job. She had mounting money problems. But Janet not only survived, she worked her way out of despondency and now she says “Life is good again.” How could this happen? She told me late one Autumn day when she was at her lowest, she watched a squirrel storing up nuts for the winter. One at a time, he would take them to the nest. She thought, “If that squirrel can take care of himself with a harsh winter coming on, so can I.” Once I broke my problems into small pieces I was able to carry them, just like those acorns, one at a time.

+ smariobros on August 7th, 2013 at 12:31 pm said:

PS Mobile always have to check online when you launch or are playing the games on PS Vita?
If yes, the game looks fun but I’ll not buy it…

+ tusunami on August 7th, 2013 at 1:32 pm said:

Seems like a good game just with the PS mobile games had trophies DooD.

+ kassatsu on August 7th, 2013 at 5:38 pm said:

The update for Word Blocked fixes a crash bug in the “Relaxed” game mode

+ MakoSOLIDER on August 7th, 2013 at 6:16 pm said:

PS Mobile should fuse into the PS APP SONY is releasing when the PS4 hits.

+ humanflaw on August 7th, 2013 at 11:24 pm said:

@vanwinkle

Are you goofy or something? Playstation Mobile is not only on PSVita? And yes, I chose goofy because no other word I would use to explain you is appropriate on these forums.

There are other devices they have to keep in mind, like the ANDROID ones that have the playstation mobile app. No, not all of them can possibly have 60fps.

IF this were a PSVITA game then I would agree that it DOES make a difference. That not being the case, you sir /ma’am are a FOOL.

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

+ thos_thom on August 8th, 2013 at 9:22 am said:

I’m sure that should be ‘Shuttle Quest 2000′ and not ‘Space Quest 2000′.

+ MONTENERO on August 8th, 2013 at 9:37 am said:

Oh, dead on arrival PS Mobile again.
Sony needs to improve minis service, add trophies, leader-boards instead of wasting time on PSM.

+ Oisterboy on August 8th, 2013 at 12:58 pm said:

I’d be interested in this more than the zero I’m interested in it now if it had trophies. Its not just me either. Even just a few bronzes. Same reason I’d never pay for minis. I’m not that obsessed with trophies but playing a game without them just doesn’t seem right anymore.

+ Jarawi on August 8th, 2013 at 2:17 pm said:

it’ll be more fun if it had trophies… yet I love squirrels

+ Xanzar on August 12th, 2013 at 5:33 pm said:

PLEASE RELEASE MORE, sorry I just had to say it let the INDIE WARS begin.