God of War

Aug 12

Aug 12

PS Vita Game Sale Celebrates Japanese Developers

Sharon Kapitula's Avatar Posted by Platform Marketing, SCEA

PS Vita Japanese Games Sale

Hey everyone! I’m excited to announce that over the next two weeks we’re celebrating Japanese-developed games on PS Vita by giving you sweet discounts on some awesome titles. Starting tomorrow, we’re offering deals on a great collection of PS Vita games, with prices up to 50% off! PlayStation Plus members get an added bonus, receiving up to 75% off.

Visit PlayStation Store tomorrow to take advantage of this week’s deals, and don’t forget to check back on August 20th for the second week of amazing Japanese PS Vita games on sale.

Here is the line-up:

$7.49

$3.75

Ridge Racer

$24.99

$12.49

$6.25

*Correction: Street Fighter X Tekken will be on sale during the second week of the sale, and Sumomi: Demon Arts will be on sale during the first week of the sale.

August 20th – 26th

$19.99

$10.00

Super Monkey Ball

$29.99

$20.99

$14.69

Which games are you planning on picking up?

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 6

helbertpina said:

August 12th, 7:03 am

Oh man, really unexpected (and awesome)! God help my wallet!!! :D

Sharon Kapitula's Avatar

Sharon Kapitula said:

August 12th, 10:22 am

We like to keep things exciting!

derb said:

August 12th, 7:04 am

Almost time to bust out my new Vita. Great deals there!

remanutd5 said:

August 12th, 7:06 am

European blog manager just confirmed that there will be new psvita games at gamescon and now you guys are celebrating a psvita game sale? am i dreaming? is psvita about to get the support it deserves? now all it needs is a system, memory card price drops.

oh what games am i planning to pick up from the sale? im probably gonna be the only one interested in it but im thinking about Super Monkey Ball, maybe Silent Hill.

Deekman said:

August 12th, 7:06 am

New Little Kings Story
Ragnarok Odyssey
Atelier Totori Plus

darkside31337 said:

August 12th, 7:07 am

Ridge Racer (Vita) is not the same game as Ridge Racer Unbounded. Might want to update that picture there.

remanutd5 said:

August 12th, 7:08 am

Gravity Rush 2 announcement at gamescon incoming lol

DLenji said:

August 12th, 7:08 am

Great deals! My Vita could use a little boost :)

ANEEL69 said:

August 12th, 7:08 am

I love you PSN seriously these random sales are just tooo great to pass up my wallet is hurting.

thebledkid22 said:

August 12th, 7:09 am

I’m going to need a bigger memory card. If only the 32GB wasn’t $100. Drop the price Sony!!!!!!

thelookey6 said:

August 12th, 7:09 am

so will we ever see free vita games for playstation plus now? or just psp games still each month?

Shin-Ra said:

August 12th, 7:10 am

2/3 of the headline-graphic games aren’t by Japanese developers.

Pankbot said:

August 12th, 7:11 am

I have been waiting for UMvC3 to go on sale and now that week I’ll be in an area with no internet connection :(

randomhero1270 said:

August 12th, 7:11 am

This is awesome! Just an FYI… The Ridge Racer graphic is for Unbounded which is a PS3 game. :)

binarymellon said:

August 12th, 7:12 am

This is great. Was holding off buying the MGS Legacy Collection because I thought $80 was a bit much to get it plus the Vita HD Collection.

angibri2000 said:

August 12th, 7:15 am

Wow! I have most of these already but I’ll def. will pick up a couple I missed out on. I’m glad you guys are doing these sales (a la Steam). Between PS and Steam I have more games than time to play them. =( Keep up the good work guys!

Alastor424 said:

August 12th, 7:16 am

Awesome surprise! Now if only we could get some bigger memory cards!

ninjatuned said:

August 12th, 7:16 am

How dare you put such great games at such ridiculous prices? I haven’t even finished Dragon’s Crown yet! I’ll teach you a lesson by only buying 3 or 5 of these games.

adray69 said:

August 12th, 7:18 am

omg sony stahp my wallet and 32gb memory card can’t take this sale. Pulls out wallet while crying

PhantomGazebo said:

August 12th, 7:23 am

@17
lol

supermoc10 said:

August 12th, 7:24 am

GODD*** IT!!! I just bought Muramasa and now you tell me there’s a sale?

Also, I have $60 in my PSN wallet for SR4 and you guys dare tease me with such discounts. Screw you guys.

vanwinkle said:

August 12th, 7:25 am

Oh, really weird graphic. Ridge Racer Unbounded is not on the Vita, and Silent Hill Book of Memories is from Wayforward, a western developer.

Otherwise, great sale.

Shadow_Enz said:

August 12th, 7:26 am

Tempting, but you cannot support digital downloads when charging up to $100 for a 32gb proprietary memory card.

You just can’t.

Also, the discounts aren’t steep enough for collectors and resellers to forego purchasing physical copies of the media.

Those 2 variables creates a formula that will interfere with any metrics tied to this promotion.

$0.02

Shadow_Enz said:

August 12th, 7:27 am

To add some like to my comment in 21, it’s good to see some Vita love, for sure. That doesn’t go un-appreciated or unnoticed. Please bring more Vita love.

wilfareus said:

August 12th, 7:28 am

this is insane.. I almost regret buying Soul Sacrifice Day ONE with that PS+ price now :O

Elvick_ said:

August 12th, 7:28 am

Too bad there’s hardly any localized JRPGs to fit in this sale for PS Vita… Also, Wayfoward developed SH: Book of Shadows… they aren’t Japanese.

Touch My Katamari is totally worth $3.75. It’s a great game, but like all of Namco Bandai’s early/launch Vita games, lacking in content.

I already own most of these games, so won’t be picking any up. Only ones I don’t have and want are MGS Collection and maybe Dynatasy Warriors Next, but I’d rather buy them at retail.

YoruAzeniaSIC said:

August 12th, 7:28 am

Am I the only one noticing the picture says 75% off for plus but in the price listings there only 50% off for some of the games o.e still glad to see a vita sale.

cowbanana said:

August 12th, 7:31 am

Very nice sale! I hope the incompetents who run the SCEE store have something similar lined up…

LittleMotti said:

August 12th, 7:31 am

That’s quite the awesome sales. :o
btw is there any news of more psp tittle coming to the vita?(compatibility)

Gordeaux789 said:

August 12th, 7:32 am

You guys are killing my wallet! Awesome sales.

toink004 said:

August 12th, 7:35 am

Awesome sale, I guess this makes up the bad free ps+ games this month.

ThiagoArroadie said:

August 12th, 7:36 am

Almost hurts me to see such a nice price for soul sacrifice after paying 36 bucks for it. But worth every penny!

Anyway, adding MGS to my collection!

Glad to be PS+

alarionultima said:

August 12th, 7:36 am

Awesome :D

ThiagoArroadie said:

August 12th, 7:37 am

@25
Dead or Alive, Ultimate Marvel, Dynasty Warriors…

samv33 said:

August 12th, 7:38 am

Glad to see a sale, but nothing for me. Would have liked more games at 75% off…

zombie9 said:

August 12th, 7:40 am

I haven’t play a VITA and I don’t plan on it ether nice sale though.. Lower the price of your memory cards there is no reason for it other than greed

dh4645 said:

August 12th, 7:42 am

i wonder how many of these will be free for ps+ in the coming months?

i know the vita katamari is not a great game, but for $3.75, it’s like you are making me buy it.

i kinda want MGS HD collection, but that should be free for ps+ at some point.

Arc_of_Infinity said:

August 12th, 7:44 am

I…am very, very happy with this. So many games I’ve been holding off on…and now I really, really need to just pull the trigger on that 32GB card I’ve been wanting…

Sharon Kapitula's Avatar

Sharon Kapitula said:

August 12th, 10:29 am

Glad we can make you very, very happy :)

The_1_of_Deth said:

August 12th, 7:44 am

crap lol just bought soul sacrifice n muramasa on friday :P got the limited edt. for muramasa tho. own most of these but need more copys for adhoc at home :P might jus buy them all hahahahaha great deals!!! thanks sony :)

Chizuzuu said:

August 12th, 7:46 am

As a plus member, I already have gravity rush via igc. Is the “free” price to keep the game even if plus expires, or just the same igc deal? If it is to keep, is there a way to get that even if you already have it in igc?

That aside, I think you’ve found my price on soul sacrifice and ragnarok odyssey, and possibly muramasa rebirth, monkey ball, and doa5+. I may also pick up katamari at that price, I already have the card, but this way I will not need to change cards out.

MyrequeArk said:

August 12th, 7:48 am

Guilty Gear is definitely a guaranteed pick up for me.
I’d pick up Muramasa if it was about… 7 bucks cheaper too :(

Definitely a good sale!

BernardoOne said:

August 12th, 7:49 am

can someone slap SCEE in the face? I want this kinds of sales, goddamit! If i had a US account I would be buying half of that list.

yowzerz said:

August 12th, 7:49 am

Damn, I just bought Muramasa at full price…oh well! It is a killer game on Vita, especially at that sale price. I will probably grab a few of these titles. Great prices, thanks Sony!

TXCScorpion said:

August 12th, 7:51 am

Let me call you a cab Sony because you seem to be intoxicated. These sales are far too cheap. Is this my special friend discount in action? Either way don’t mind I completely take advantage of the situation.

Also if you plan on picking up New Little Kings Story beware there is a TON of slow down. Once you get more than a few people following you (pikmin style) the games goes into slow mo. It’s not game breaking but I eventually stopped because it ruined my experience.

Aside from that, I gotta go pick more change out of the fountain at the mall. Gonna need it!

afigueroa said:

August 12th, 7:51 am

Damn Sony!! My wallet hurts already after that Rayman sale last week. Now you’re giving me Murasama on sale?? Thank God for my Playstation credit card and the free PSN codes I get!!

rustohariken said:

August 12th, 7:52 am

Thank you, im realy waiting for sfxtekken n ultimate discount digital version, time to sell my cartridges

shuaDove said:

August 12th, 7:52 am

Great sale!!! Although I already own every game (except for Guilty Gear Accent XX Core + R), this a great chance for Vita owners to grab some great games at some competitive prices.

Ryumoau said:

August 12th, 7:55 am

Finally!! Sony has a real deal for once!!

I’ll be picking up Soul Sacrifice, Little King Story, Dynasty Warriors Next, and Muramasa Rebirth. :)

TUNA-EGG said:

August 12th, 7:56 am

With sales like these, I don’t even mind busting out my wallet :) Thanks!

Will definitely pick up:
New Little King’s Story
Ridge Racer

Probably:
Muramasa Rebirth
Touch My Katamari

————–

And I hope Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed gets a big discount so I can buy both the Vita and PS3 versions. Been having way too much fun with the demo.

Grognard66 said:

August 12th, 7:56 am

Oh well. I was really hoping for Okami HD or Earth Defense Force 2017.

Gorvi said:

August 12th, 7:57 am

Holy crap, you guys are absolutely evil. The only saving grace for me is that I already own many of those games, but I could still easily buy 5-6 of those for a good $60. I’ll probably limit myself to $40, but damn.

PAGE 1 2 3 6