PS4 - Transistor

LittleBigPlanet Competition: It’s Tearaway Time!

Steven Isbell's Avatar + Posted by Steven Isbell on Aug 13, 2013 // LittleBigPlanet Community Coordinator

The Sackfolk of LittleBigPlanet are getting very excited for the release of Tearaway on PS Vita later this year and they want to put on the most splendid of welcomes for Iota and Atoi by creating some simply fantastic levels that will pay tribute to their new friends… But they need YOUR help!

LittleBigPlanet Tearaway Competition Pack

If you head over to PlayStation Store today, you can pick up a free, excitingly exclusive Tearaway Competition Pack that contains a marvellous music track from Sogport, one of the many locations that Iota and Atoi will visit during their journey in Tearaway, as well as being chock full of new stickers to really help kick start your papery creativity.

LittleBigPlanet Tearaway Competition

After picking up your free goodies from the Store, it’s time to get all paper-crafty on either LittleBigPlanet 2 or LittleBigPlanet PS Vita by diving into create mode and creating the most wonderfully inspired Tearaway level.

When you have finished crafting your most crafty of creations, you will want to publish your level for the rest of the community to see. Not only that but we’re hosting a competition that will give you the chance win some fab goodies up for grabs for our favorite levels!

To enter the Tearaway Competition just publish your level and make sure to add [TearawayCompetitionUS] to the name of your new level and have it published before 8PM EDT/5PM PDT on September 14th.

LittleBigPlanet Tearaway Competition

LittleBigPlanet Tearaway Competition

After the competition closes, all of your amazing levels will be judged by the LBP and Tearaway creators themselves: Media Molecule!

From all of the entries, they will pick out One Grand Prize Winner to receive a PS Vita and the Rare Prize Crown for LittleBigPlanet. Meanwhile, four Marvellous Runner-ups will also be selected to receive some exclusive signed Tearaway artwork!

Entries will be judged on originality, creativity and general Tearaway-ness…

So be sure to don your creative caps and give it your all!

For full details on how to enter the competition and everything else you need to know, just pop over here*! (*link updated!)

Before you head off to LittleBigPlanet to unleash your creativity, why not take a sneak peek at the land of Tearaway for some inspiration?

Good luck to all who enter, we can’t wait to see all of the great Tearaway-inspired levels that you create! Include [TearawayCompetitionUS] in the name of your levels to enter this fab competition!

+ taekw0nd0j0 on August 13th, 2013 at 8:38 am said:

Was this the announcement you spoke of yesterday? That’s disappointing.

+ Mercenary09 on August 13th, 2013 at 8:47 am said:

Great to see some NEW free content for LBP. I’ll be picking this up when it goes live guys! Thanks for making it!

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on August 13th, 2013 at 8:49 am said:

That’s great! We hope you enjoy Sogport Song and the new stickers!

+ SocialClimber_85 on August 13th, 2013 at 8:47 am said:

I remember thinking it’d be cool if LBP and Tearaway were connected.

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on August 13th, 2013 at 8:49 am said:

Well, it seemed only right to have Sackboy and the community welcome iota and atoi to the PlayStation family! :)

+ Silver_shion on August 13th, 2013 at 8:48 am said:

A LBP competition ??
Yeah ! Time to create some awesome games!!

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on August 13th, 2013 at 8:56 am said:

That’s the spirit! Can’t wait to see what you publish!

+ onslaughtree on August 13th, 2013 at 8:49 am said:

LOL. The very 1st comment is negative. SMDH. Gamers, How far have we fallen.
On a brighter note, Tearaway looks AWESOMEEEEEEEE.

+ Mercenary09 on August 13th, 2013 at 8:49 am said:

Also can’t wait for Gamescom next week! Hope to hear some new LBP news there!

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on August 13th, 2013 at 9:17 am said:

My lips are sealed for now but I can tell you that we have a great selection of new content on the way. :)

+ zeothedeathgod on August 13th, 2013 at 8:51 am said:

ill try it. really hoping i win. cant wait for tearaway, demo when? :P

+ supermoc10 on August 13th, 2013 at 8:56 am said:

PHEW… I was scared you guys would announce LBP3 for PS3 today, to get that announcement out of the way for Gamescom. THE HOPE FOR A PS4 LBP AT GAMESCOM LIVES ON!!!

+ deathuponhe52 on August 13th, 2013 at 8:59 am said:

YES been waiting for a competition to test out my creativity and I can’t wait for Tearaway to come out so I could use a lot more stuff on the vita got a 32gb memory card even though it was 100 dollars but hey it’s worth the space

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on August 13th, 2013 at 9:19 am said:

Lots of space to let your creativity flow on LittleBigPlanet! :)

+ curlybrace on August 13th, 2013 at 9:03 am said:

@1 Not that I’m saying this is you but the real disappointment is the internet’s tendency to blow the tiniest hint of news way out of proportion. Someone says “we have news coming” and the internet takes it to it’s craziest potential outcome and then gets mad when it’s not that which they imagined. Within the context of the LittleBigPlanet world, this is exciting news.

+ aelurio1980 on August 13th, 2013 at 9:05 am said:

Great news. \o/

+ RCF_TOD on August 13th, 2013 at 9:12 am said:

Awh well I was hoping that The Last of Us costumes would come out today. But this is good news too! Free dlc, competition. I’m looking forward to it

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on August 13th, 2013 at 9:18 am said:

The Last of Us Costumes will be here very soon now, I promise! :)

+ idn86i on August 13th, 2013 at 9:19 am said:

Very nice!!~ So many games to play xD

+ FeddeCampo on August 13th, 2013 at 9:25 am said:

Awesome competition, count me in! :D

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on August 13th, 2013 at 12:09 pm said:

Consider yourself counted! Just make sure to publish your finished level in time! ;)

+ gamer_soldier on August 13th, 2013 at 9:26 am said:

Yes¡¡¡¡¡, a new song for LBPvita and free. The game needs more songs but this is a step forward, Thanks :D.

+ remanutd5 on August 13th, 2013 at 9:29 am said:

Is it possible to bring LBP Karting to psvita?

+ D_Zcorpion on August 13th, 2013 at 10:11 am said:

“LBP Tearaway Competition (the “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia”

I’m a sad Mexican panda ;_;

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on August 13th, 2013 at 12:08 pm said:

We’re sad too. :(
    We would absolutely love to involve everyone and we try to include as many people as we can but it’s simply not possible to include everyone! So I apologise if you’re feeling a little left out this time. =/

However we have made sure that the free Tearaway Competition Pack DLC is available in all regions because we didn’t want anyone to miss out on the free content! :)

+ xClayMeow on August 13th, 2013 at 10:11 am said:

I posted in the forums that the news would probably “just” be Iota and Atoi LBP costumes. I was close – it is Tearaway related.

I don’t have a PS3 and never picked up LBP Vita, so can’t participate, but I’m really looking forward to Tearway!!! Deciding whether to preorder a physical copy or get it digital.

Tell Rex that Andrew says hello! Met him at GDC…he won’t remember me. Lol

+ alarionultima on August 13th, 2013 at 10:27 am said:

US only? :/

+ D-Squad3 on August 13th, 2013 at 10:35 am said:

Judging from your reply to #6, I guess we won’t be hearing about LBP3 for the PS4. Truly a shame. :(

+ Sora_Skyeheart on August 13th, 2013 at 11:00 am said:

Yush! hmu on the Vita Version! Can’t wait to work my creative side.

+ KevinGsFastLol on August 13th, 2013 at 11:10 am said:

i just cant wait until littlebigplanet Tearaway comes out cause i love lbp2 and the karting and the first littlebigplanet and i will mAkE some awesome level and ill try to get all dlcs to mAkE super awesome and i will can a music chocie…Steven Isbell can u send me a message saying that if i send this message to all my friend ill get 69.99 yeah Steven Isbell please and ill make it the best and awesomes level there could ever bee :) yeahh and can i add you :) and yaaay for Littlebigplanet tearaway by the time the game come out ima give it all starz thx for lbp tearaway :D

+ Shadowbhiemes on August 13th, 2013 at 11:10 am said:

Just wanted to say that I can’t wait for Tearaway. Also, the pre-order bonuses are the best I’ve seen in some time! After KZ Mercenary’s disappointing pre-order reveal I’m really happy this game got a good one.

+ YorlecmNwahs on August 13th, 2013 at 11:21 am said:

I thought the announcement would be LBP3. Oh well, this is good too.

+ alain251 on August 13th, 2013 at 1:07 pm said:

Is the contest for US only? Because I’m frensh, and this contest sounds very nice :)

+ The715Gamer on August 13th, 2013 at 4:38 pm said:

This sounds interestingly challenging….. PERFECT :D Can’t wait to get started, I better start sketching some ideas

+ tusunami on August 13th, 2013 at 5:27 pm said:

This is awesome but I have school, can’t wait to see what people create though!!!!!!!!!

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on August 14th, 2013 at 2:41 am said:

That’s cool, we understand. Try not to get too distracted creating paper craft in school though!
    Unless you’re in art class, in which case we encourage paper craft all the way! :)

+ Game-o-holic on August 13th, 2013 at 5:52 pm said:

hmmm…That’s quite the lack-luster announcement, if this is indeed the announcement spoken about a day earlier. Sorry to be a sourpuss but I thought it would be something a little more interesting.

+ Sonik42 on August 13th, 2013 at 5:54 pm said:

When does this competition actually end? You said to publish your level before 8 PM tomorrow but the promotion ends September 9th?

+ Sonik42 on August 13th, 2013 at 5:55 pm said:

Oops I’m sorry. I misread that as August 14th.

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on August 14th, 2013 at 2:39 am said:

Haha, no problem. :)

I read your first message and was pretty positive that we were planning to give everyone a little bit longer than a day to create. ;)

+ SpiderManPsychic on August 13th, 2013 at 7:11 pm said:

Can’t wait to see other creation of the tear away levels the game looks so creative!

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on August 14th, 2013 at 2:38 am said:

Oh yeah, we can’t wait to see what everyone creates! :)

+ IrishDude2 on August 14th, 2013 at 2:45 am said:

I cant create anything on my littlebigplanet. :( I’m hopeless at it. Been so long so I’m outa experience so don’t stand a chance. Can you make one for meee?? :)

And what exactly does paper craft do for a game? I used to draw out my map on paper then try to create it but it always turned out rubbish

+ PABR22 on August 14th, 2013 at 7:44 am said:

This is why I love you guys! you pursue to include tearaway in little big planet and I wasn’t expecting any DLC until the game came out! Thanks!

+ hotjeremiah on August 14th, 2013 at 12:42 pm said:

Excuse me Steve isbell is this for canada too? Because I am very close to the U.s however I don’t live there.

+ Welmosca on August 14th, 2013 at 1:05 pm said:

Hey awesome….I’ll try to enter in this competition…..also cant wait for Tearway…you guys at Mm are geniuses.LBP and Tearway together…..ha thats amazing.Also I cannot wait anymore for TLoU costumes….holding the best for the last hu Steven?…I bet you guys will release TLoU costumes only in the last Store update of august.How cruel of you guys.

+ MusicMan234 on August 15th, 2013 at 3:09 pm said:

Since lbp on the vita could probably match Tearway even more because of the touch features, does that mean that vita has a better chance of winning or will it be based on each games capabilities.

+ Apeman24 on August 17th, 2013 at 11:12 am said:

game looks good, as long as nothing is coming out around this date, I would love to support it.

+ CamoDude101 on August 18th, 2013 at 8:53 am said:

I am entering the contest, but I would like a friend’s assistance. Can I enter as a group of friends, each of us eligible? If not, will we both be eligible to win if we each have levels on our own Earths, just linked together through a Level Link? If clarification is needed, I will be happy to provide it.

+ RHONE93 on September 6th, 2013 at 5:41 pm said:

If We Do End Up Winning A Prize, How Will We Recieve It?
This Is My First Contest And I Wanted To Check Real Fast.