PS4 - Transistor

The PlayStation Recap – What We’re Reading

Justin Massongill's Avatar + Posted by Justin Massongill on Aug 25, 2013 // SCEA Social Media Specialist

Home, sweet home. After a week of free-flowing Kölsch and pork chops thicker than my neck, I’m glad to be back in sunny San Francisco, catching up on all the news from Gamescom.

Two bits that seemed to make people happy this week: PS4 launches in North America on November 15th, and all PS Vita models are now $199!

Man, how about all those new game trailers? I am so ready for some N++! Other highlights for me: Resogun, Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture, the new inFAMOUS Second Son trailer, Wasteland Kings, Hotline Miami 2, Volume, and Borderlands 2 on PS Vita.

What was your favorite game announcement? And, of course, what are you playing this weekend?

What We’re Reading

This Week’s Top 10 Posts

Most-Watched Video of the Week

14 Comments

+ Draxido on August 25th, 2013 at 9:19 pm said:

hey, will we have 3 free months in the purchase of 1 year of PS PLUS like EU?

im playing Killzone beta
im watching GTA V online trailer (DAMN!!)
im listening: the AWFULL SOUNDTRACK OF GTAV :(

+ Sonicfan11589 on August 25th, 2013 at 9:22 pm said:

sorry to keep posting this:
Please tell me if u can about Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate:
-Will it have PS PLUS discount
-Will it have pre-order costumes that Gamestop is offering?

+ xClayMeow on August 25th, 2013 at 9:36 pm said:

On Vita, I’m playing Dragon’s Crown & KZM Beta (looking forward to adding Spelunky to that this week!).
On PC, I’m playing CS:GO & XCOM: EU.

Favorite Gamescom announcements: Borderlands 2 Vita & XCOM: Enemy Within
Favorite Gamescom trailers: LEGO Marvel Super Heroes & Batman: Arkham Origins

Biggest Gamescom disappointments:
- Vita memory card price drop not nearly as much as it needed to be (was looking for at least 50% reduction).
- Absolutely no coverage of Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate for Vita (makes me very nervous that they’re not showing anything when it comes out that same time as BAO).
- IGN reporting that CounterSpy is awful…was looking forward to that :(

+ poodude on August 25th, 2013 at 9:55 pm said:

Playing: Divekick, Dragon’s Dogma, Killzone: Mercenary beta.

Picking a favourite gamescom announcement is tough! Might have to be a tie between Rime and Everybody’s Gone To The Rapture; but at the same time I’m so excited about games like Volume and Gravity Crash Ultra.

XCOM: Enemy Within was also a good announcement, but I’m not sure if I should grab it for PC or PS3 (Have EU on both).

@xClayMeow

Can’t say I was looking forward to CounterySpy myself, but it does suck when a game you’re looking forward to is disappointing. I haven’t read the IGN article yet, but hopefully there’s enough time between now and launch to clean up the gameplay.

+ Kimblems on August 25th, 2013 at 10:19 pm said:

Yea!

Im playin borderlands 2 getton ready for the vita version
im watchin killzone shadow fall trailers
im listenin to whatever on the radio

Kimblems out

+ U_NO_HOO on August 25th, 2013 at 10:27 pm said:

My favorite game announcement was helldivers, looking forward to learning more about it, the trailer looked rad.

I’m playing: Tomb Raider (again)
I’m watching: All the awesome gamescom trailers
I’m listening to: Paramore

+ PGDarkLordMalik on August 25th, 2013 at 11:00 pm said:

Are we getting Rayman Legends on PSN for VITA next week?

+ divineLite on August 26th, 2013 at 1:14 am said:

I’m playing so many games, but focus on Ridge Racer, DoA, and The Walking Dead.
glad to wait playing TWD on vita, this game really worth as Game of the Year 2012

+ DarkOne_PR on August 26th, 2013 at 1:56 am said:

Ok…. Guys…. I love all uve been doing with the vita with all the indies and so.. but really…. just ONE new AAA game announced for the vita and its a port? c, mon give me a break!

Dont get me wrong, I LOVE BL2 for Vita and ill be double dipping day one, but for borderlands 2 being the only AAA game announced for vita its ridiculous… it would have been good to see like 3 new AAA games and the borderlands 2 port well that would have been fantastic.

What happened to Bioshock for Vita? How about a GOOD JRPG built for the vita? hell at this point Ill be ahppy if u guys bring over FF type 0 for the vita…. jeez….

other thing… start bringing more retail games! im tired of buying games only digital and it hurts ur sales too.
when someone go to the store to buy a vita they see the wall of games empty they would not buy anything at all.

im looking at New little king story… end of rant hope u guys listen

+ DarkOne_PR on August 26th, 2013 at 1:58 am said:

and im playing…

Dragons Crown, Borderlands 2, GoW:A online, KZ3 online, Last of Us Online and dead space 2.

listening to arch enemy

reading narutos manga

watching Shingeki no Kyoji

+ EMORTAL9 on August 26th, 2013 at 3:20 am said:

why puppeteer is not in us store? i want to pre order it please answer me :(

+ BlueBl1zzard on August 26th, 2013 at 6:38 am said:

I’m playing: Killzone Mercenary beta, and Dynasty Warriors next, Touch my Katamari, and Muramasa Rebirth thanks to that vita sale.

I’m reading: Outliers The Story of Success for college (but it’s a good book nonetheless)

I’m listening to: Playstation Blogcast ep. 86

Favorite Gamescom announcement: PS4 release date, Borderlands 2 vita, and vita memory card price drops

+ Alastor424 on August 26th, 2013 at 7:07 pm said:

Will PS4 use the same PS3 Network Cards for purchases? Meaning, if I buy a PSN $50 card NOW can use the funds from my wallet LATER on the PS4?

Also, any word on whether Kingdom Hearts 1.5 will be a Day 1 Digital or not? Please let us know ASAP.

+ PHEEliNUX on August 28th, 2013 at 5:49 am said:

@13 Of course it would, It is called “PSN Card” not “PS3 Card”

On topic

I’m playing: Shin Megami Tensei 4, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Persona 3 FES, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory

I’m reading: PS Blog (Duh? I don’t usually read anything other than Creepypasta so yeah)

Listening to: Nothing yet, But probably K-ON songs later

Gamescom announcement: Probably none, As i didn’t keep up with that