PlayStation Music

Oct 15

The Last of Us: First DLC Out Today, Livestream Today

Eric Monacelli's Avatar Posted by Eric Monacelli on Oct 15, 2013 // Community Strategist, Naughty Dog

Update: Livestream’s over — thanks for watching!

Our first set of The Last of Us DLC launches with today’s PlayStation Store update. Want to see it in action now? Here it is:

You can buy the Abandoned Territories Map Pack for $9.99 stand-alone or, if you’re looking for a great value, the map pack is included in the $19.99 The Last of Us Season Pass. We recently detailed our future plans for all Season Pass DLC and the 75% savings you’ll get by purchasing one. The Season Pass will be available for a limited time so grab it via the PlayStation Store or at your local game retailer today.

We’ve also patched certain aspects of the game. In fact we re-doubled our patch version 1.04 efforts decided to skip straight to 1.05. You can hear about the major changes via Patch 1.05 in this video:

If you want to see all changes with Patch 1.05; here’s our list. Patch 1.05 will be rolling out globally over the next 24 hours.

Abandoned Territories Map Pack DLC

• DLC playlist added for each game type. This includes both the retail maps and the DLC maps, but the DLC maps should appear much more frequently in the vote.
  • Added five unlock rewards – Camo Hat, Dia de los Muertos Mask, Dragonfly Helmet, Ski Mask, and Skimmer Hat.
  • The Last of Us on PS3The Last of Us on PS3

• Fixed an issue where players on the winning team would occasionally get fully crafted items or machetes from caches, while players on the losing team would get incorrect items.
  • Players should no longer get comeback weapons (pre-crafted molotovs / bombs / purchase weapons) when they are winning by more than a small margin.
  • Fixed the consistency of comeback weapons spawning – there should be less comeback weapons in close matches and more consistent spawning in severely unbalanced matches. Once a player receives comeback weapons, however, they will not receive them again until a certain amount of progress has occurred in the match.
  • 2×4 Spawning logic has been adjusted in Supply Raid and Interrogation:
    • Fixed a bug where it would occasionally be impossible for a player to receive a 2×4 in a game.
    • Reworked the initial 2×4 spawning logic to make the first 2×4 spawn a bit later to balance the escalation of the match.
    • Lowered the overall number of potential 2x4s that could spawn in a match by including weighting based on match progress.
  • The additional hit on modded melee weapons has been moved from Brawler Level 1 to Level 2, and the health gain from melee hits moved from Level 2 to 1.
  • Added a Parts bonus for late joiners, based on when you join a match in progress. This bridges the gap between players who started from the beginning of the game and might have a Parts advantage over the late joiner.
  • When late-joining beyond the first 2 minutes that match will no longer count towards any clan progress or missions.
  • Fixed an issue on Checkpoint and Lakeside that had locations where some items could not be picked up.
  • Made a fix to prevent players from being able to climb the tilted flag pole on the High School map.
  • Fixed an issue with level graphics dropping out on The Dam.
  • The Last of Us on PS3

Interrogation Mode Fixes

• Games no longer end in ties unless both teams are on the same section of the unlocking process. If one team has more interrogations than the other, that team will win the match.
  • The additional parts bonus for winning by a large margin is only awarded when the lockbox is fully unlocked. Otherwise only the standard win bonus is awarded.
  • Killcard now correctly describes whether your character was executed or interrogated.
  • Fire on the ground (from a Molotov) now damages the player when they attempt to unlock the lockbox and will properly interrupt the unlock process.
  • Sounds have been added to the Interrogation animation
  • Fixed a bug where the end-of-match music was not playing in Interrogation mode.
  • Technical Fixes

• Intro speech should no longer occasionally be heard twice at the start of the game
  • A flashing exclamation mark will be shown on DLC option for when new items are added
  • Single Player

• Tweaks to a couple of art assets in the game.
  • That’s just the start as we’re already working on the next patch. For now, hop online, enjoy the new maps and let’s all endure and survive. See you online!

PAGE 1 2

+ Kchow23 on October 15th, 2013 at 11:59 am said:

Could you tell us when the Season Pass deal will expire? I haven’t picked it up yet, but I think I will :)

+ Eric Monacelli on October 15th, 2013 at 2:43 pm said:

Get one soon. You have time but it will go away.

+ jkmccly on October 15th, 2013 at 2:41 pm said:

I think The Last of Us NEEDS a multiplayer mode (or maps) with infected roaming the area. It would add more tension to an already fantastic multiplayer experience.

+ Eric Monacelli on October 15th, 2013 at 2:51 pm said:

Infected won’t be appearing in the multiplayer.

+ goldenknight01 on October 15th, 2013 at 3:01 pm said:

1st time playing right now. I’ll enjoy it, and also playing the first 2 console uncharted games for the first time and right now there alright so far.

+ RexMelvin on October 15th, 2013 at 3:01 pm said:

I bought the season pass tonight, downloaded it. what i don`t get is this download was just 100k. 4 new maps and some other stuff should be more than just 100k, it took just 3 seconds to download. Is that it? trying to play online, but there are no new maps. what am i doing wrong?

+ Elvick_ on October 15th, 2013 at 3:47 pm said:

Horde mode please.

+ Blood-Pudding on October 15th, 2013 at 12:07 pm said:

So is there any new 12 week cycle sort of pseudo campaign for this DLC? I’ve already done the 12 weeks as Fireflies and hunters, so will I just be doing another pre-existing 12 week cycle? Would be more motivating if you made some sort of new meta wrapper idea for this DLC.

+ Eric Monacelli on October 15th, 2013 at 2:44 pm said:

Interesting idea. We’ll talk with the designers.

+ CrystalxAngel on October 15th, 2013 at 12:10 pm said:

I have the season pass and updated my Game..
    Sooo how to i play these new maps cuz when I go to Supply raid (DLC)

Its keeps saying nothing is available.
    I assumed that’s how you play with the new maps?

+ Eric Monacelli on October 15th, 2013 at 2:45 pm said:

Should be live now. You have to select the DLC playlist. Reset your console if you’re not seeing it at first after you download the maps.

+ RCF_TOD on October 15th, 2013 at 12:16 pm said:

Hey Eric,

What about the head items? When will those be released?

+ Eric Monacelli on October 15th, 2013 at 2:44 pm said:

Over the next few weeks. We’ll have some drop next week.

+ DARK_REAPER_543 on October 15th, 2013 at 12:18 pm said:

Nice, liking it ND liking it

+ MercenaryDemon on October 15th, 2013 at 12:56 pm said:

@CrystalXAngel Go to downloads in the main menu of the Last Of Us and Download the Abandoned Territories Map Pack. But before you do, make sure it says Free underneath it. If it doesn’t, re-download the season pass.

+ GOT-RICE-46 on October 15th, 2013 at 1:01 pm said:

I’ve came across a few hackers/cheaters while playing the last of us online or people that just wouldn’t go down when they were being shot multiple times, just wondering if this problem will be address?

+ Disp0sable_13 on October 15th, 2013 at 1:04 pm said:

so far ive only played a couple of rounds, and the new maps are pretty awesome, love it.

only thing i could really ask they fix, is the multiplayer matching.

too many times have i gotten on, and the enemy team gets level 100-300 players, and my entire team is level 100 or less.

please at least make everyone that joins a single game be in the same bracket!

im only a level 14, so im pretty low because i dont play often, but when i get into a game and all other players are level 50+, it feels very one sided.

please fix this!

+ Eric Monacelli on October 15th, 2013 at 2:46 pm said:

We tweak matchmaking often to optimize matches. We’ll keep doing so.

+ ps_n_blog_ac on October 15th, 2013 at 1:26 pm said:

Cool patch but wasn’t there a problem with the crating, in which you do not receive parts for multiple craft items?

Also just a thought… do you guys think you could do something with the taunts to make them more useful? like to back off or come here (front, not behind). Taunts that will allow teammates to communicate with each other.

+ Eric Monacelli on October 15th, 2013 at 2:49 pm said:

That crafting issue should be fixed. Let us know on the forums if you still see it.

Really aren’t taunts per se. We are considering working more on those but it depends on time and resources.

+ dariusthegr8one on October 15th, 2013 at 1:33 pm said:

looks great to me…is there a way to get the season pass from the playstation store or was that an in store purchase only?…havent played TLOU since GTA came out but that mp sucks so im happy this is gettin some dlc finally….will the next mp dlc be out this year? or is it coming after the sp dlc nxt year? seem like a long time in between if thats the case

+ VoltaOne on October 15th, 2013 at 3:55 pm said:

I downloaded the dlc but I have not seen the new customization options. Even though there is an exclamation point next to Customization. Is anyone else having this issue?
    I have the season pass FYI.

+ KOOLWIIP on October 15th, 2013 at 4:36 pm said:

any news on being able to fully customize your character instead of getting a random one during mp?

+ LILCBONES999 on October 15th, 2013 at 4:48 pm said:

What about the LAG????? Why don’t you fix the lag. I lost all my survivors on week 6 due to my character constantly freezing SMH. People would enjoy the MP more if the Lag was fixed. I like this game very much. I just want to enjoy the MP without my character freezing every time….

+ Rey95128 on October 15th, 2013 at 5:00 pm said:

I was wondering if we already have season passes do we still have to pay money to own a dlc when if should be free with the pass?

+ hkshero on October 15th, 2013 at 5:44 pm said:

I read everywhere that there were going to be like 60 head items added for free to the season pass holders? like where is the nightmare mask and old school football helmet?

+ super_gamer_bros on October 15th, 2013 at 8:46 pm said:

I absolutely love all the new maps, on the 14’th the anticipation was killing me. Quick question when will the 60 head items be released?

+ Midasxe on October 16th, 2013 at 1:10 am said:

Bought the season pass today! Haven’t gotten a chance to play the new maps yet but they sound fun. It also sounds like ND is really working to balance the game out. Glad to see the amount of support they’re giving to their MP. To #52 (RexMelvin), you’ve nailed the first step! Now that you have the season pass, all dlc will show up as free in the PS store once it comes out. You still have to search up the dlc and download it. Search up “Last of Us” and look for the Abandoned Territories Map Pack. To everyone asking about the head customizations, Eric says they’ll have some out next week and they’ll be coming out in batches over the next few weeks.

+ RexMelvin on October 16th, 2013 at 2:59 am said:

(Midasxe) Thanks for the reply! Yes, i thought the dlc was released 15.oct. But i have to have a little patient then…It will come. thanks again!

+ sternone2 on October 16th, 2013 at 8:49 am said:

This is awesome. I downloaded yesterday the multiplayer maps and having loads of fun. Thanks for your hard work!

One question: Can’t you guys make a multiplayer mode for 30 minutes or longer ? That would be AWESOME!!

15 minutes feel like 5 :-)

+ gundamwingfanguy on October 16th, 2013 at 9:11 am said:

Eric Monacelli can you give any hints about single-player. Thank for making this game!

+ gundamwingfanguy on October 16th, 2013 at 9:14 am said:

Eric Monacelli can you give any hints about DCL single-player. Thank for making this game!

+ EaterOfWorlds78 on October 16th, 2013 at 10:59 am said:

If I’m reading the above post correctly, the 2 x 4 still spawns right away in Survivor mode? I didn’t find this to be the case last night. My play style in Survivor mode has always been to equip Crafter 3, Collector 2, and Brawler 3 and dash to the middle box for a 2 x 4, then quickly retreat and hit 2 more boxes to craft an upgrade for it and some other items (usually shivs and health kits). I have been pretty successful using this method (I had my clan up to 173 at one point during my current 12-week cycle). Unfortunately, last night the box didn’t yield the 2×4 as expected, even on the older maps and my clan took a huge hit because my puny revolver wasn’t enough to match up.

+ EaterOfWorlds78 on October 16th, 2013 at 11:00 am said:

I also noticed that all my late joins, even if I don’t get to play til the 3rd or 4th round still counted as a day. Previously, I would disconnect if I joined a match that late because I didn’t want to waste the day. Last night, I joined a Survivor match in which I didn’t even get to play til the 3rd round while on a mission where I needed 7 shivs in 3 days (not so hard to do really). Since I had seen the video and read the description, I stayed in the match, thinking that I would be playing it out just for fun without wasting a day. Unfortunately, the rounds went very quickly as both teams seemed to be in “rush mode” and I found myself only able to get 1 shiv before it was over and when the match had ended, I was on day 2 of my mission.

Also, I noticed that sometimes when I shiv someone and another enemy downs me in the process, I don’t get credit for the shiv even though the person I shivved dies. I could understand this if I were playing Interrogation mode, but this has happened more than a few times on Survivor and Supply Raid. If possible, I would like to see this fixed as it has had a negative effect of my clan size when I chose the Shiv Execution missions.

+ EaterOfWorlds78 on October 16th, 2013 at 11:01 am said:

Overall, I really enjoy the new maps, especially Hometown and Bus Depot… I would probably say the same about Suburbs if I had a chance to play it, but I actually was only able to get on it once last night (it doesn’t seem to come up very often at all) and was disconnected from the host during the 2nd round, so I’ve barely seen that map. The Bookstore map is very fun to play, but I’ve noticed that the part totals for all players seem to be disproportionately low on that map when compared to any other map in the game. Maybe because the matches go faster on that map? Idk….I usually go for 5500-6000 parts in an average game on any map, and I think the most I’ve seen out of anyone on maybe 15 matches in the Bookstore was when I got 4900 or so, and that was with Collector 2, Crafter 3, and an Increased Part Earnings One Use Booster all equipped, as well as losing the first 2 rounds (which means their were bonus parts in the supply boxes). I led the board that game and don’t think anyone else had over 3500.

+ EaterOfWorlds78 on October 16th, 2013 at 11:01 am said:

Not whining or anything… TLOU is definitely my favorite MP game ever, just pointing out a few things I’ve noticed. I’m trying like hell to get my skull mask. I unlocked everything else playing Supply Raid almost exclusively before I realized I earned 1000 or so more parts per match on average playing Survivors. Now I’m in Week 9 with around 140 clan members, but most of them are hungry or sick due to my usual play style being rendered obsolete by the new patch, so I hope I can still make the cut at 85 when it’s finished. I know it can be done, just hate being so close and having to change everything up at the last minute because my trusty 2×4 is gone.

Sorry for the long post and run-on sentences.

P.S. Everybody PLEASE stop hating on the Downtown Map… it really is a GREAT map if you actually use the whole thing. The house at the top would be an awesome battleground if anybody ever actually went in it to do anything but snipe. Just my 2 cents….

+ EaterOfWorlds78 on October 16th, 2013 at 11:02 am said:

*Brawler 2 (there is no Brawler 3)… my bad

+ Welmosca on October 16th, 2013 at 11:39 am said:

Oh thanks for not answering…but it wasn’t needed at all…played yesterday and whaddya guess?….the goddamn bug with crafting 3 items and still getting only 30 parts instead of 90 parts wasn’t fixed….its the 3rd update already(counting the 1.04 you skipped) and you guys haven’t fixed this yet…..Christ ND…you fixed things that dont even needed to be fixed….this is much needed.

+ kuninator on October 16th, 2013 at 1:17 pm said:

i think its a good change that the 2×4 doesnt spawn a frequent as it used to but you should not have changed brawler, i dont want to lose 2 loadoutpoints for 10 percent quicker craft and 75 percent more points for melee.
    could you also make sure to let the 2×4 come back when you respawn, it doenst spawn that often and its really important, besides, crafting items as sugar do spawn with you

i do love the new maps, the fact you get points for spawning into a game when it already started and the correct item spawning, thanks

+ luvtoseek on October 16th, 2013 at 2:24 pm said:

Thanks for the fixes & the post, Eric! Downloading the maps tonight! Go Mets 2014! ^o^

+ The_Cowpie on October 16th, 2013 at 2:51 pm said:

When is the season pass invalid?

I’m looking into buying it soon, but i dont wanna buy it if it won’t be accepted anymore

+ CrimsonChaos33 on October 16th, 2013 at 11:53 pm said:

Hey ND! I have a question about the new 60 head items for MP. I have the season pass but only have about 4 or 5 new head items, will the rest be coming out over time or at once? Or have i screwed something up? Thanks! :D

+ RageCITY26 on October 17th, 2013 at 8:07 am said:

Why are the new customization items almost impossible to unlock? I have 51,000 supplies how am I meant to get 150,000???

+ Dj-Raaban on October 17th, 2013 at 9:45 am said:

The maps looks good but I’m waiting for the single-player DLC. Single-player is definitely the best part of the game. I’m terrible at the online. I’d buy it if there was a Co-op mode though.
    A PS4 version would also be nice too :)

+ alteredHero on October 18th, 2013 at 6:43 am said:

I did notice a few things that seem different in comparison to how it was before. Maybe someone could clear it up for me.

It feels like run speeds are faster, set bombs insta-kill in interrogation when set near an enemy lockbox, and I am %100 sure that the flamethrower’s range was heavily increased, which is a tad bit annoying since, as soon as someone starts shooting you with it, you have absolutely no way to get away from it.

Also want to note, that, I’ve hit someone up close with a molotov and they didn’t die, but I did, and I had armor, they didn’t. I’ve dropped a molotov on someone’s head, and they died, as well as I’ve had someone throw one at the ground in front of the them (directly in front of them) and it killed me, but did nothing to them, and at the same time, I’ve had it where I was able to kill them, and it killed me at the same time, is there a plan to fix the molotov’s dmg? cause to be honest, it seems like its “random”. (I know theres no such thing as true random, otherwise it wouldn’t work, what I mean is theres too much variance.)

+ alteredHero on October 18th, 2013 at 6:50 am said:

I also feel like people have boosted to get the 512 clan members on the leaderboards, which I’m guessing was done in private match, wouldn’t it be a good idea to make it so in private matches you can’t affect your clan and missions? I mean, you are playing with friends/family or you could very well be using a second ps3 with a friend’s account or whatever and just cheat to get to that point range.

I also would suggest a mode variation in general where you can play without affecting anything, or a bot mode per say (although that would get extremely difficult to program the ai) where people can learn how to play the game and not get screwed over in rank/level because they get matched against people that have been playing for a while. or you know, fix matchmaking so it matches you against people around your skill level.

+ Irxe on October 22nd, 2013 at 3:43 pm said:

Hi Eric, i have a question
    Are there any plans on co-op mode in the future where you fight off against the infected?
    It would be a great thing to add in the multiplayer since it shows the game originality The Last of Us.

+ ChaseDavid91 on October 25th, 2013 at 5:35 pm said:

Quicker recovery from interrogating enemies and special executions would be very helpful. Game play seems to lag at times like this. Can we speed that up?

+ ChaseDavid91 on October 25th, 2013 at 5:36 pm said:

and I agree with the post #80. That would be great to include in a DLC :)

+ osseousslurp on October 25th, 2013 at 9:14 pm said:

I am ONLY interested in the SP DLC for TLOU.
    Could you please clarify which dlc is for SP and which is MP.

+ hermero on October 15th, 2013 at 7:05 am said:

I live in the Northeast.

@tmide38: give multiplayer a shot!

+ Eric Monacelli on October 15th, 2013 at 7:46 am said:

yeah! agreed. (and the Northeast is cool)

+ VengefulTorture on October 15th, 2013 at 7:09 am said:

I’m kind of disappointed with the brawler switch, i had just made a new class with it to try and go for that skull mask, though i suppose this is more fair. Glad you’re paying attention to the 2×4’s in general though. Played ~10 matches in the past 2 days, about 4 or 5 of them everyone on my team and the other team had a 2×4 yet i couldn’t get one the entire match. All in all good changes and thanks for listening and watching.

+ Eric Monacelli on October 15th, 2013 at 7:51 am said:

Thanks! Let us know what you think once you play a few matches.

+ chaystic on October 15th, 2013 at 7:12 am said:

The multiplayer is fun as hell, I wish more people would give it a try!

I’m really excited for the new maps, they look incredible, thank you ND!

+ Eric Monacelli on October 15th, 2013 at 7:52 am said:

Preach! Have fun with them! We’ve got more multiplayer goodness in store.

+ mgrantz on October 15th, 2013 at 7:28 am said:

Will this have new trophies? If not, I will be very disappointed.

+ Eric Monacelli on October 15th, 2013 at 7:52 am said:

We will have new trophies for DLC, yes. It’s not likely coming with this patch however.

+ El_Tigre_Verde on October 15th, 2013 at 7:37 am said:

I’m super super excited for the new maps! Although the extra hit brawler change might make the matches more campy instead of confrontational. We’ll see.

But there’s really only one thing I would change about tlou multiplayer: You should have never had the opposing teams show up on radar during sudden death. What exactly does that add to gameplay? All it really does is squash any hope for a comeback for the losing team since they can be spotted at any time which also seems unrealistic since you can’t do this at any other point in the match. Please consider removing this event.

+ Eric Monacelli on October 15th, 2013 at 7:54 am said:

Glad to hear you’re excited! The opposing team showing up on the radar during Sudden Death is a tension device. We’ll talk it over with the multiplayer guys but we like to add that the “O crap they found me!” element at the end.

+ iREVOLTER on October 15th, 2013 at 6:05 am said:

Thanks for some fixes ND! See you online!

+ Eric Monacelli on October 15th, 2013 at 6:38 am said:

Awesome! We’re always working on tweaks. Let us know what you think.

+ xZEEZO on October 15th, 2013 at 7:54 am said:

Thank you so much for the amazing patch, you guys are my favorite developer of all time

+ Eric Monacelli on October 15th, 2013 at 7:56 am said:

Aw man, that’s so sweet. Thanks dude! We’ll keep the amazing coming.

PAGE 1 2