PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

PayPal Support Added to PS3 PlayStation Store

Eric Lempel's Avatar + Posted by Eric Lempel on Nov 01, 2013 // VP, Sony Network Entertainment

Starting today, we’re happy to announce that you can add funds to your Sony Entertainment Network wallet via PayPal directly through the PlayStation Store on PS3.

In our ongoing effort to offer more choice and convenience, we first launched the ability to add funds to your Sony Entertainment Network wallet through PayPal via the web last January, and, most recently, the ability to add funds to your wallet via mobile devices with the Mobile Billing option.

PayPal on PlayStation Store

Adding funds to your Sony Entertainment Network wallet through PayPal is easy on PS3. When checking out from the cart on PlayStation Store, click “Add Funds”, then click “PayPal” and transfer any amount from $5 to $150 (the maximum wallet balance amount). If you’re new to PayPal, you’ll have to set up a PayPal account first to use this option.

Your Sony Entertainment Network wallet can be used to purchase games, add-ons, movies, TV episodes, and more from PlayStation Store.

85 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ heatvision38 on November 1st, 2013 at 1:40 pm said:

This is funny, because just two days ago I was wishing I could do this but couldn’t, so I had do it online. Thanks for the update. I am really glad you’ve added paypal in general because I don’t want to put my CC info in (especially after what happened a few years ago) and it can be a pain in the butt to always have to get PSN cards at the store, especially if you want to just buy something and need more money and don’t/can’t go out at that time. So the paypal option is great. Thanks!

+ perrandy on November 1st, 2013 at 1:42 pm said:

i’d rather have mp3 playback,dnla,custom soundtracks without the music service and other current and next gen apps and features….

+ lisatsunami on November 1st, 2013 at 1:45 pm said:

@4, 35, 36, BBall230: Hostility is a common feature on this blog. Do you never read any of the comments? You have to expect that in a public, anonymous forum, so get used to it.

However, I agree that you posted it in blog from a Sony employee so it’s not like you put it in the middle of the Rachet&Clank post (or did you?) so it does make some sense.

I don’t use PayPal, I would prefer Amazon, too, but more options is almost always better.

+ Starkiller95100 on November 1st, 2013 at 2:33 pm said:

Thank you Sony for adding this feature!

+ boomstickbhg on November 1st, 2013 at 2:34 pm said:

Gotta love how Sony Blog staff replies constantly to the suck ups on the Store or Plus posts, but when people want real answers to important questions on the Blog, like this post and the Ultimate FAQ, we get ignored.

WE KNOW YOU READ THESE!!!!

So why do you always ignore the important customer questions?

+ Pup1_el_principe on November 1st, 2013 at 2:48 pm said:

Awsome Update Sony :D

+ Linhaares on November 1st, 2013 at 5:04 pm said:

This is useless as it gets. I cant add my international credit card to PSN and the paypal account does not work either.
If you live outside US all that is left is grey market prepaid cards.

+ JCNX100 on November 1st, 2013 at 5:40 pm said:

That’s a nice addition to and already good store. I still wish we could use gift cards though.

+ Anedime on November 1st, 2013 at 6:35 pm said:

Now if they’d only fix the PS3 PlayStation Store so it isn’t laggy and unintuitive we’d be golden/

+ rileysfreeman on November 1st, 2013 at 7:20 pm said:

so will this apply to the ps4 as well?

+ Machiahvelo on November 1st, 2013 at 7:26 pm said:

sony should really start taking credit cards from other regions, at this day and age this is only an incovenience, neither sony nor the customer gains from this, just the third parties that bring the psn cards from one region to the other, i know this is due to liscenses and other stuff between regions, but is quite silly when even the latin american version of uncharted 3 brougth the online pass code for the north american store, and its not an old issue since the same version of gta 5 had the blimp code the same way.

+ JENNY101282 on November 1st, 2013 at 7:52 pm said:

Woo! Happy about this~

+ Fardeenah on November 2nd, 2013 at 8:29 am said:

wish i could use paypal from any country to refill my account, its such a pain. gotta buy psn cards off amazon ,

+ armanhm1 on November 2nd, 2013 at 10:02 am said:

No DLNA/Media Server Support for PS4 and no mp3 support and no external hard drive too! please making happen thank you

+ Brooklyn008 on November 2nd, 2013 at 11:07 am said:

Might be minor for some, but for myself, this is huge. Hell with credit cards, thank you Paypal. Mostly, thank you Sony for adding this to the store… Wow, 12 days… AAAARRRGH!!!

+ Rezolution77 on November 2nd, 2013 at 11:12 am said:

Wow.

Now I could Ebay my old games, and buy downloads directly from Sony.

+ KingSushi on November 2nd, 2013 at 11:25 am said:

Will I be able to make purchases on alternate JPSN and EUPSN accounts this way?

+ AaronSOLDIER on November 2nd, 2013 at 11:40 am said:

YES! ow please add the ability to change PSN account regions for those of us who have moved to different countries since 2006:

+ RickDanto on November 2nd, 2013 at 2:24 pm said:

Any chance of eventually adding a gifting option like Steam?

There are times I want to buy games for my friends to make use of some of the deals, or just out plain old generosity, but there’s no way to do it other than give them money.

+ purse317 on November 2nd, 2013 at 2:55 pm said:

Better super late than never

+ purse317 on November 2nd, 2013 at 2:56 pm said:

Now can I somehow combine my EU and US account purchases I mean I am a global traveler it would be nice

+ megalodonshark on November 2nd, 2013 at 4:27 pm said:

i have 2 questions for you guys at sony…
1.) is there going to be some sort of a change-up with the ability to redeem codes at some point in the future?

2.) just out of curiosity when are we going to be compensated on the for every $50 you spend you get $10 in playstation money? i do not recall seeing anything listed anywhere as to when this would happen other than at some point in november. thank you for your time.

+ KamiHaruko on November 2nd, 2013 at 7:18 pm said:

Nice! Go Sony! What a great addition! :D

+ PrimeroIncognito on November 2nd, 2013 at 8:42 pm said:

Wow… now people are complaining about a $5 minimum. The crying over insignificant things just never stops, does it…

You’re going to spend it eventually anyway, so why does it matter?

+ FielVeredus on November 3rd, 2013 at 6:00 am said:

This option only for Paypal with US billing address or worldwide ?

+ EagerSnake on November 3rd, 2013 at 10:05 am said:

FielVeredus, it’s not working worldwide. I just ordered u$s10 and the operation was cancelled.

+ Maakasukage on November 3rd, 2013 at 12:15 pm said:

First question!!!!!

Canada? we can do it to right, we tend to get left out sometimes -_- and our paypal little diff,

and also, though i am in Canada (this question may not be able to be answered by yall but i try)

Can i allow my mother in law and Fiancee in NC, United States use my paypal account to add funds transferring it to american dollars from Canadian?

+ borricuosohm on November 3rd, 2013 at 2:50 pm said:

NICCCCEEEE

+ SpooNManX on November 3rd, 2013 at 4:13 pm said:

People who are still complaining about NO DNLA/MP3 support. THEY ARE ADDING IT..

Please read:
Sony is going to add MP3 Support, DLNA support in the next patch shortly after launch.

This was said on the N4G website.

Source:
n4g(dot)com/news/1384779/mp3-support-dlna-and-more-features-to-follow-on-2nd-ps4-update

+ danrleycsgmail on November 4th, 2013 at 3:29 am said:

Not in Brazil ! I can´t add my international credit card due to new banks regulations on international transactions, and we don´t have the Paypal option, or the cards to reedem codes….

+ RoyalXIII on November 5th, 2013 at 9:56 am said:

Does this mean I can finally buy $1.99 DLC without having to add $5 to my PSN wallet?

+ Anthonystulens on November 6th, 2013 at 12:00 pm said:

paypal support is working but mobile billing is unavailable i can’t choose that option in the “add funds” menu
please help
thanks in advance

+ Ryusennin on November 6th, 2013 at 2:06 pm said:

Just so you know: if you have PSN accounts for other regional stores (UK, Europe…), you can NOT use PayPal to add funds to your wallet on those stores. For some “security” reasons, Sony has put a region lock in place. Your only way to add funds is still to buy regional PSN cards.

+ antoni76 on November 12th, 2013 at 6:48 pm said:

still does not help international accounts. will be delighted when i don’t have to pay 3 bucks more to find psn cards because of sony us addresses only policy

+ Wizminkey on November 19th, 2013 at 12:03 pm said:

Canadians are begging for Visa Debit support! While the system is newer to us than the USA, it’s a separate system that Sony has to opt-in to with the Visa folks. Please, please add support for them! I’m not a fan of credit cards, nor the fees Paypal extracts with tweaked currency conversions.

Thanks!