No Man's Sky

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f Coming to PS Vita

Aaron Webber's Avatar + Posted by Aaron Webber on Nov 06, 2013 // Associate Brand Manager, Sega of America

Hello there, PS Vita owners! Halloween may have just passed, but SEGA has one more special treat for you.

Following the fantastic response to the PS3 release of Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F, SEGA is proud to announce that we have now begun development to bring Project Diva f to PS Vita in the West!

Hatsune Miku + PS Vita

Yes, you read that right. You’re not dreaming. Watch the Vita announcement trailer above, take a deep breath, and then let loose that smile.

Now, I want you all to think back a few months to when we released Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F on PS3… do you remember what the user comments here on Playstation.Blog looked like?

“We want the Vita version!” you told us. “Please, I’d sell my soul for a Vita version!*” someone said.

Today, we’re overjoyed to not only share the good news of a PS Vita release, but to also finally add a shiny new soul to our collection. (We’ll put it in our lobby, right next to the big Miku standee.)

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f will be releasing in early 2014 on PS Vita, and we’ll have more news on the title soon.

In the meantime, let us know what you think in the comments! As usual, I’ll be responding to as many comments as I can.

Happy (early) Christmas, Miku & PS Vita fans!

*Not an actual comment… probably.

+ Hayterfan on November 6th, 2013 at 12:04 pm said:

@95 Xenosaga you need to talk to Nintendo and Namco I think, considering Namcom owns the Xenosaga brand, and Nintendo owns Monolith Soft. but yeah Id kill for a Xenosaga HD remake

+ Aaron Webber on November 6th, 2013 at 12:12 pm said:

I tried bartering for the rights to Xenosaga with my jar of souls, but they said something about royalties and I don’t think they accept jars of souls as payment, unfortunately.

+ redknight4 on November 6th, 2013 at 12:04 pm said:

Any word on the soundtracks coming to the US digitally for purchase through psn or google play.

+ Aaron Webber on November 6th, 2013 at 12:12 pm said:

Great question. No news, but I’ll pass this on along…

+ TohnoShirouHU on November 6th, 2013 at 12:06 pm said:

Great news!!! Happy to hear! Altough I already bought the Japanese version from eBay I’m still looking forward to it. Finally I may be able to use the editor mode too. I hope the next Project Diva will be available in the UK store at the release! :)

+ Aaron Webber on November 6th, 2013 at 12:13 pm said:

Thanks for double-dipping, Tohno!

You probably already heard, but this game is coming out digitally on the UK PSN store, too!

+ FearMonkey on November 6th, 2013 at 12:07 pm said:

One more thing, though slightly OT, thanks for releasing Typing of the Dead: Overkill on Steam recently.

I LOVE THAT GAME!!! ^_^

+ Aaron Webber on November 6th, 2013 at 12:18 pm said:

It’s alright, we’ll allow it… just this once. :) Glad you’re having fun with Typing of the Dead: Overkill!

I seriously think that’s the kind of game (well, maybe without the swearing) we should use to educate kids on how to type.

“Type faster, Timmy, or the zombie gets you!”

+ XBlasteromegaX on November 6th, 2013 at 12:15 pm said:

There is a reason Sega is still around and this is one of them! <3

+ Aaron Webber on November 6th, 2013 at 12:18 pm said:

D’awww. Thank you. <3

+ I-Draikin-I on November 6th, 2013 at 12:17 pm said:

I supported the PS3 release simply to show Sega that they should reconsider not localizing their games. I can’t say I’m a particular fan of the genre, so I’m not sure if I’m going to buy the game again just to make a point (honestly, this could have been a Cross-Buy). It’ll depend on the price. That said, the game I really want to see localized for the PSP/PS Vita is Valkyria Chronicles 3. To see a franchise wither away like that after reaching a worldwide audience with its first installment is disheartening. Even though it’s been released 2 years ago, the potential buyers arguably increased due to compatibility with the PS Vita and the upcoming PS Vita TV. It stands out as one of few PSP games that people still want to see localized (along with Type-0). Sega can even help by making VC2 available on the PS Vita, or making the original game available as a digital download. Anything that gives the franchise a second chance.

+ Aaron Webber on November 6th, 2013 at 12:22 pm said:

Thank you for supporting the PS3 release! I’m with you on the Valkyria Chronicles love – it’s a great series and I would encourage everyone reading (who hasn’t already) to pick up a copy of the original for PS3. I think Draikin will back me up on saying that, provided you enjoy RPG’s or Strategy games, you’ll love it.

I don’t have any news on VC3, but Valkyria Chronicles is a personal favorite and I really enjoy the series. Always nice to hear from others who feel the same.

+ TubaDude49 on November 6th, 2013 at 12:21 pm said:

Off topic, I know, but since you’re responding to everyone I’d thought I’d ask. Is there still DLC in the works for Sonic ASR Transformed? I remember seeing that poll a while back, but not anything from it.

+ Aaron Webber on November 6th, 2013 at 12:26 pm said:

The polls were actually all user-run – essentially, unless you hear official news from SEGA, it’s best to take everything with a grain of salt. :)

+ TubaDude49 on November 6th, 2013 at 12:26 pm said:

Also, massive thanks for reading and responding to all of these. The posts don’t get handled this diligently most of the time.

+ Aaron Webber on November 6th, 2013 at 12:35 pm said:

You’re very welcome. I know I’d definitely appreciate it if someone close to a game I loved took the time to respond to me, and I feel it’s important to offer that level of interaction with all of our Miku fans. Thank you for the kind words!

+ Nerroth on November 6th, 2013 at 12:27 pm said:

Looks like that last comment/question might take a while to be processed…

In the meantime, I was wondering: how does Sega look at the Hyperdimension Neptunia franchise at this point?

If I recall correctly, Sega Japan were involved somewhat with the first HDN title, but don’t seem to have a direct role in the franchise at this point (though the various incarnations of Planeptune, and the CPUs and Candidate who personify a post-Dreamcast console war that might have been, remain prominent in the series).

Even if they aren’t involved in the ongoing franchise anymore (or are they?), do Sega still wish Neptune, Nepgear, and Plutia well as “their” characters, at least in spirit?

+ Aaron Webber on November 6th, 2013 at 12:36 pm said:

A very interesting question. To be entirely honest, I’m not involved in the Neptunia franchise in any way, so I don’t really know SEGA’s thoughts on that series. I do think it’s pretty neat seeing character inspired by classic video game consoles, though. :)

+ cool_trainer on November 6th, 2013 at 12:27 pm said:

Lots of replies Aaron, that’s pretty dope.

+ Aaron Webber on November 6th, 2013 at 12:39 pm said:

Thank you. The end goal is a reply for every comment posted. : )

+ Armored_Oso66 on November 6th, 2013 at 12:29 pm said:

This is great to hear and this might be the first game that I double dip for but I am perfectly okay with that.

But much like everyone else I would be even more excited when SEGA announces the sequel is coming our way as well, and to have my EXCITEMENT METER enter OVERDRIVE please announce that Valkyria Chronicles III is coming over in any shape or form

+ Aaron Webber on November 6th, 2013 at 12:40 pm said:

Really appreciate your support, Armored – thank you in advance if you do end up double dipping!

No news on the other titles you mention, but it’s very nice to see that level of excitement and dedication for our franchises!

+ rabidninjamonky on November 6th, 2013 at 12:36 pm said:

I also would love to see Skies of Arcadia Hd. I still have my Dreamcast copy, even though my Dreamcast broke over 10 years ago! I want to see Vyse, Aika and Drakma in hd. I will give you my soul AND my firstborn to play this on vita!!

+ Aaron Webber on November 6th, 2013 at 12:42 pm said:

Soul AND firstborn?

Suddenly, I worry we may have started a dangerous trend here…

(On a more serious note – always nice to talk to another Skies of Arcadia fan.)

+ Silent_Gig on November 6th, 2013 at 12:47 pm said:

This is good news for the people who wanted it on Vita. I already own the PS3 copy and ive had fun with it.

I guess my requst is on the same level as those who want to see Valkyria Chronicles 3 to make an english appearence. Also is there any reason why SEGA west cant put VC1 on PSN? It seems like a no-brainer for extra sales, i know id rebuy it digitally.

+ Aaron Webber on November 6th, 2013 at 4:12 pm said:

Glad to hear you enjoyed the PS3 version of Miku. I don’t have any news on VC, but thank you for the feedback!

+ ASC2175 on November 6th, 2013 at 12:51 pm said:

Yup…is gonna be a good day. (Sips non-existent champagne while stroking non-existent kitty in front of fireplace.)

+ Stranger_Eddie on November 6th, 2013 at 12:51 pm said:

Aaron Webber for SEGA and Bobby Loertscher for Zen Studios… The BEST people who gives FULL ASSISTANCE for your costumers, independent of the news is going to be bad or good!

PERFECT RESPONSABILITY!

=======

Now, make me more happy telling: “AFTER BURNER CLIMAX is comming to PSVita”

XD ;) :) =D

+ Aaron Webber on November 6th, 2013 at 4:15 pm said:

Thank you, Eddie!

I don’t have any news for you on After Burner, sorry. :) But appreciate the comment!

+ kajkotr on November 6th, 2013 at 12:51 pm said:

Nice to hear that :) All I need now is Vita XD

+ Aaron Webber on November 6th, 2013 at 4:16 pm said:

Now is the time! :)

+ mattdoks on November 6th, 2013 at 1:05 pm said:

As someone no longer living in Japan, I’d love to see the sequel released for Vita, too!

+ Aaron Webber on November 6th, 2013 at 4:17 pm said:

It all comes down to the fans – we are where we are now thanks to the great support we received from so many of you. Let’s make Project DIVA f for VITA a great success. :)

+ lisatsunami on November 6th, 2013 at 1:14 pm said:

@AaronWebber:

You are such a sweetie and your customer service is second to no one on the PS blog. I know because I read every blog, every day and have for years. So I decided to try the demo of Miku because of that. I couldn’t figure out what to do, and so the game kept telling me how awful I was, lol.

Will the Vita game have full tutorial mode so a complete noob like me would know what and when to do things? If so, I’ll show my appreciation by buying it.

And let me add to the slightly off-topic: I’m a big Atlus fan, so….Demon’s Souls for Vita please!!!!

+ Aaron Webber on November 6th, 2013 at 4:20 pm said:

Aw, thanks Lisa!

I really appreciate that you tried out the demo just because of my comments! Don’t let your score at the end discourage you – I know you can do it! :)

The full game on PS3 and on VITA both offer a tutorial mode that will teach you the ropes! Likewise, there are a number of good guides out there on the internet, too.

I don’t have any insight into Demon’s Souls, but overall, thank you again for the feedback!

+ ChickenChakra on November 6th, 2013 at 1:16 pm said:

THANK YOU SEGA!!!!!!!!!!
We asked for the localised version,
they gave us the localised version.
We ask for the vita version,
they give us the vita version.
SEGA is an AWESOME COMPANY!

+ Aaron Webber on November 6th, 2013 at 4:21 pm said:

We do what we can. :) Thank YOU and everyone else for supporting us by buying the games!

+ XxMike466xX on November 6th, 2013 at 1:31 pm said:

SEEEGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAA

You guys Rock. Just two weeks ago I got my Platinum for this game in the PS3 and know I will be able to do it on my Vita.

Thanks for make it possible.

Now you only need to bring the sequel. XD

+ Aaron Webber on November 6th, 2013 at 4:23 pm said:

Excellent! Congratulations on your Platinum, Mike.

You’re very welcome, and thank you for supporting the series!

+ Errantia on November 6th, 2013 at 1:38 pm said:

@64 – Unless Sega US changes it, the PS3 and Vita version have a shared trophy list.

@99 – It is not compatible with PS Vita TV, as it requires the vita’s camera to use AR features.

I have played and platiunumed the JP version of this many moons ago. The only thing that will get me to double dip for a NON-physical copy is if it has all the added PS3 content included. Those 6 extra songs were an additional $30 in Japan.

+ Aaron Webber on November 6th, 2013 at 4:24 pm said:

Thanks Errantia! We’ll have more news regarding the extra DLC songs in the near future.

+ MadCatUS on November 6th, 2013 at 1:39 pm said:

Well, it’s nice to see that Sega (and Sony) has faith in Vita and it’s userbase (myself included) in the West. Time to pay back for the faith by buying the game for the fourth time (yes, I have both english and japanese copies and original japanese Vita game as well). Keep up the good work, there is a sequel that we also want. :)

+ Aaron Webber on November 6th, 2013 at 4:25 pm said:

Yet another quad-dipper? :) Amazing.

Thank you for supporting the series!

+ Xanzar on November 6th, 2013 at 1:41 pm said:

:D SHES HERE, IN ORIGINAL FORM WITH AR-PLAY SHE’S FINALLY HERE *cries as he opens the door*

おかいりミクサン

+ Aaron Webber on November 6th, 2013 at 4:25 pm said:

Aww… thanks, Xanzar!

+ avluis on November 6th, 2013 at 1:41 pm said:

WOOHOO!!! I’m so happy right now, I was just about to import this game for my PSVita since I have the PS3 version as well. But work and school get in the way so now I can keep playing my my PSVita on the go~
Thank you, for listening to us, you have a guaranteed sale here. And if DLC does make it over as well, I will get that too! Thanks again!

+ Aaron Webber on November 6th, 2013 at 4:26 pm said:

Thank you, avluis! The support is always appreciated, and we’ll have more news on the DLC soon.

+ NSDI on November 6th, 2013 at 1:42 pm said:

That’s great, SEGA! Now it’s time for me to keep my promise. I will definitely pick this up!

+ Aaron Webber on November 6th, 2013 at 4:26 pm said:

Thanks, NSDI! :)

+ subadictos on November 6th, 2013 at 1:44 pm said:

GREAT NEWS!!!! I was waiting for this.

I hope you can bring us your other fantastic “japan only” games here!!! :)

+ Aaron Webber on November 6th, 2013 at 4:32 pm said:

Glad to hear you’re excited!

+ DerbyManiacB on November 6th, 2013 at 1:45 pm said:

Thank you SEGA! You guys are awesome. I grow up playing games made by SEGA and I love the Sonic games. This games looks fun, great to see more games coming to the vita from you guys! I would love to see more Sonic games to the Vita, I still play and love Sonic and Sega all-stars Transform racing for ps3 and vita. I hope to see more games from you guys like more Sonic games for the vita and ps4. SEGA is awesome =)

+ Aaron Webber on November 6th, 2013 at 4:33 pm said:

You’re welcome, Derby! Always nice to hear from another SEGA fan – I grew up playing those games, too. :)

Sonic Racing Transformed is a really solid game, so we’re glad you enjoy it! Thanks in advance for your support on Miku!

+ bigwilybobbily on November 6th, 2013 at 1:46 pm said:

Mann, to reply to this many comments is amazing. Imagine how many replies Mr. Webber will do when/if they announce Project diva F 2nd for US next year.

+ Aaron Webber on November 6th, 2013 at 4:34 pm said:

As mentioned, I do think it’s important, not only to show your fans and consumers that you’re listening, but that you care. :) And here’s another comment down!

On we go…

+ otakumike on November 6th, 2013 at 1:47 pm said:

I fully blame Sega for making me a Vocaloid fan. :p
Thanks for opening my eyes to a cool new style of music on the ps3 and now a fun portable experience on Vita! Yep, double-dip time. :)

+ Aaron Webber on November 6th, 2013 at 4:34 pm said:

Guilty… and proud of it! :)

+ Xanzar on November 6th, 2013 at 1:48 pm said:

If I could I’d march down to Sega headquarters and apply now, hell I supported them way back on the Saturn (that was one highlight of my childhood, playing virtua fighter and virtua fighter kids; until my dad put it up in storage as an antique)

+ Aaron Webber on November 6th, 2013 at 4:37 pm said:

Nice! Virtua Fighter is a great series. I remember playing a ton of NiGHTS on my Saturn… mostly because my kid-self didn’t have enough money to afford anything other than the sampler, at the time.

+ TubaDude49 on November 6th, 2013 at 1:52 pm said:

+ Aaron Webber on November 6th, 2013 at 4:37 pm said:

Man, you guys are really trying to make this hard on me, aren’t you? ; )

+ DemoniOtaku on November 6th, 2013 at 1:55 pm said:

After Yakuza 5, VC3, PSo2 and this game not coming to the west I had lost my faith in SEGA.. with this I just renew my Faith in you guys!
i’m not specially good on rythm games (atually pretty bad) but like Miku’s songs and coreographies… so ‘ill buy this and PS3′s soon… and I’ll keep beliebing in that PSO2 and VC3 and Yakuza5 can make it to the west some day…

PD: Phantasy Star NOVA isin our Wish list too ;)

+ Aaron Webber on November 6th, 2013 at 4:39 pm said:

Thank you, Demoni! Glad to hear that your faith has been restored.

The great thing about Miku games is that as you start to learn the song, it’s really easy to get into the beat of the rhythm. After a few plays on a single song, I’m sure you’ll start nailing it. :)

I don’t have any other news on the franchises you mentioned, but thank you for the feedback!

+ Jasontamer on November 6th, 2013 at 1:59 pm said:

YES YES YES!!!! THANK YOU SOOOOO VERY MUCH!!!! NOW I DON’T HAVE TO IMPORT!!! UBER THANK YOU!!! You have no Idea how happy I am! I Platinum’d the PS3 Version Now I’m Ready for the vita version, THANK YOU!!!!

+ Aaron Webber on November 6th, 2013 at 4:39 pm said:

You’re very welcome! Congrats on your Platinum.

+ Branc- on November 6th, 2013 at 2:00 pm said:

I was just about to preorder/import the Vita Best version since I prefer these games on handhelds. I’m so glad this is getting localized now though! Day 1 buy.

+ Aaron Webber on November 6th, 2013 at 4:40 pm said:

Awesome. Thanks for your support, Branc!

+ BahamuttZero on November 6th, 2013 at 2:07 pm said:

JUST AWESOME!!!!!!
Limited Edition??? *_*

+ Aaron Webber on November 6th, 2013 at 4:40 pm said:

No news on a limited edition currently. (The game is a digital release.) Good to see you’re excited though!

+ Rezolution77 on November 6th, 2013 at 2:07 pm said:

Definately one I did not ask for, or want.

I know Sega has to have other more desirable titles.

+ Aaron Webber on November 6th, 2013 at 4:41 pm said:

Everyone has their own tastes and preferences, and that’s a good thing. No worries if Miku isn’t your cup of tea – but I bet you play the demo for a bit, you might end up getting hooked. :)

+ Rezolution77 on November 6th, 2013 at 2:09 pm said:

But if this replies are legit, you obviusly had enough of a following.

+ Aaron Webber on November 6th, 2013 at 4:42 pm said:

We had a really great following and a strong amount of support for the PS3 release. Thanks to that, we are where we are now. Big kudos to everyone who has supported us, and Miku, for making today a reality.

+ duke4life07 on November 6th, 2013 at 2:20 pm said:

Will this have cross save with the PS3 by any chance? I don’t want to start from the beginning again

+ Aaron Webber on November 6th, 2013 at 4:42 pm said:

It’s a separate game, so it will have unique save data (and trophies, I believe!)

+ beef_child on November 6th, 2013 at 2:27 pm said:

Te fact that you’re answering so many on this blog makes me feel that I should give his game a try. It doesn’t seem like my style, as a gamer, I’m all fingers – but your teams’ obvious diligence to its fans makes me want to support it.

+ Aaron Webber on November 6th, 2013 at 5:05 pm said:

Reading comments like this makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. Thank you, beef child – and I hope that you’ll have a great time with the game when you try it. : )

+ Broccosparagus on November 6th, 2013 at 2:28 pm said:

+ duke4life07 on November 6th, 2013 at 2:20 pm said:

————

There is a piece of dlc that allows cross save in JAPAN, however they do not have any details on whether they will be bringing it over, I’m sure they will though.

+ Aaron Webber on November 6th, 2013 at 5:06 pm said:

No news on this feature currently. We’ll have more info on the DLC soon!

+ Turom on November 6th, 2013 at 2:33 pm said:

Thank you SEGA, I was so much looking forward to this!!!

+ Aaron Webber on November 6th, 2013 at 5:06 pm said:

You’re very welcome – thank you for supporting us, Turom!

+ ServantRider on November 6th, 2013 at 2:50 pm said:

I need to get a Vita now. My wallet hates you btw :P

+ Aaron Webber on November 6th, 2013 at 5:07 pm said:

Awww. But we love you! <3

There a lot of great games on VITA, and only more to come in the future. Now's a good time. :)

+ Trukzx on November 6th, 2013 at 3:03 pm said:

Thank you Sony and Sega! This is freaking awesome!

I hope this does well enough to warrant PJD F 2nd’s (sequel) localization.

+ Aaron Webber on November 6th, 2013 at 5:08 pm said:

You’re welcome! Glad that you’re excited. :)

+ vza004 on November 6th, 2013 at 3:16 pm said:

I need a patch to connect my Japanese version to the NA SEN store. I wanna download future DLCs for it.

+ Aaron Webber on November 6th, 2013 at 5:09 pm said:

I don’t think this is in the works… but you could always get the US version, too! :) (Blatant double-dip advice is blatant.)

No news currently on the DLC for the game, but we’ll have more info on it in the future.

+ omg_mjd on November 6th, 2013 at 3:22 pm said:

Woohoo! Already imported the JP cart but I’m double-dipping for this one (especially for the DLC).

+ Aaron Webber on November 6th, 2013 at 5:09 pm said:

Awesome, thanks for supporting us (twice), MJD!

+ KeyHolderJonth on November 6th, 2013 at 3:23 pm said:

Yes! Insta-buy for me, PS Vita really needed a musical game like this

And Aaron, you really deserve a medal for your dedication but once again, you don’t have to reply every single comment. Your boss was kidding

Anyway, thanks Sega! (seriously, give Aaron a medal)

Oh and please try to bring some Miku avatars

+ Aaron Webber on November 6th, 2013 at 5:11 pm said:

Thanks for the kind words, Jonth!

The great news is, there are a lot of people at SEGA who are just as excited and passionate about Miku. We have a great team pushing for it and I’m very fortunate to get to work with so many people who understand it.

As to those comments… there are more still to go! I can’t stop yet. :)

Thanks again.

+ supercooltony on November 6th, 2013 at 3:32 pm said:

Yeaaaa a reason to pick up my vita again after almost a year!!

+ Aaron Webber on November 6th, 2013 at 5:11 pm said:

Good to hear!

+ Sevyne on November 6th, 2013 at 4:05 pm said:

Well, I said I’d buy it if/when the Vita version is localized. Guess I’ll be buying it now.

+ Aaron Webber on November 6th, 2013 at 5:12 pm said:

Thanks for sticking to your word! We’re counting on you (and the others who wanted a VITA version)!

+ AeonixGZ on November 6th, 2013 at 4:28 pm said:

Ano…Is it possible to include all the DLC?
I already own the Japanese version and getting it just for the english conversion isn’t convincing enough as I already know most of the navigation throughtout the game.
But Thank You, SEGA and SONY, for making this come true ^^

+ Aaron Webber on November 6th, 2013 at 5:13 pm said:

We’ll have more info on the DLC soon. Stay tuned. :)

+ godshand3547 on November 6th, 2013 at 4:34 pm said:

I always doubt about buying a Vita
Thanks to Sega, ive already decided that I MUST GET IT
(even though i have no idea how im gonna pay for it, but one problem at a time)
This is indeed great news
P.S. sorry for any bad spelling (i dont spell english very well)

+ Aaron Webber on November 6th, 2013 at 5:13 pm said:

Always glad to hear that Miku is the reason you’ll be getting a VITA.

Thank you very much for your support, godshand!