Far Cry 4

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f Coming to PS Vita

Aaron Webber's Avatar + Posted by Aaron Webber on Nov 06, 2013 // Associate Brand Manager, Sega of America

Hello there, PS Vita owners! Halloween may have just passed, but SEGA has one more special treat for you.

Following the fantastic response to the PS3 release of Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F, SEGA is proud to announce that we have now begun development to bring Project Diva f to PS Vita in the West!

Hatsune Miku + PS Vita

Yes, you read that right. You’re not dreaming. Watch the Vita announcement trailer above, take a deep breath, and then let loose that smile.

Now, I want you all to think back a few months to when we released Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F on PS3… do you remember what the user comments here on Playstation.Blog looked like?

“We want the Vita version!” you told us. “Please, I’d sell my soul for a Vita version!*” someone said.

Today, we’re overjoyed to not only share the good news of a PS Vita release, but to also finally add a shiny new soul to our collection. (We’ll put it in our lobby, right next to the big Miku standee.)

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f will be releasing in early 2014 on PS Vita, and we’ll have more news on the title soon.

In the meantime, let us know what you think in the comments! As usual, I’ll be responding to as many comments as I can.

Happy (early) Christmas, Miku & PS Vita fans!

*Not an actual comment… probably.

PAGE 1 3 4 5

+ tusunami on November 7th, 2013 at 6:50 pm said:

I didn’t know this game was that popular. Guess I’ll have to check this out. I like how the developers listened to fans that wanted this game on the PS Vita & now it’s happening more developers need to take note. This is how you do it nah nah nah lol!!!!!!

+ deathgaze01 on November 8th, 2013 at 5:39 am said:

I hope they do a physical release even if its limited like the ps3 version if that happens ill buy the game for the third time.

+ kakasij6 on November 8th, 2013 at 5:49 am said:

Day one for me :)

+ BlooMassacre on November 8th, 2013 at 6:30 am said:

Wooo, Sega for company of the year :)

Anyways, do you know if this will just be Project Diva f or will it include the extra songs from PDF on PS3?

+ anthycc on November 8th, 2013 at 8:07 am said:

Thank you, Sega! Day One buy for me, too. Thank you very much for all your hard work on this, Aaron.

I’m interested to know if it’ll include the six extra songs from the PS3 version, too. ‘Cause from what I hear, those were expensive DLC in Japan.

Also, I’m going to throw in another vote for an English port of Project Diva F 2nd (the sequel) in Spring/Summer 2014! And would still really like English translations for the lyrics (onscreen).

Darn, guess I need to get myself a Vita now. (I have a PSP and a PS3, but had managed to not buy a Vita yet.) The quest for good Vita console prices begins! At least Black Friday sales are coming up soon?

+ Majin_Romulus on November 8th, 2013 at 10:00 am said:

Please bring over Project Diva F 2nd ASAP! AND the vita version! AT THE SAME TIME! I WILL BUY BOTH!! I bought the first on ps3 and will buy the vita version day one. Please do this. Don’t give me the PR run around, just do it!! >o<

Also do something about Yakuza 5, I haven't really heard of it but it one of the most requested things.

+ lynyrdskynyrd0 on November 9th, 2013 at 1:38 am said:

Q: the PS3 Diva has a new songs. does the Vita have one too

+ und3rfire2 on November 9th, 2013 at 3:12 am said:

I’m really happy for you, and Imma let you finish, but Where is Phantasy Star Online 2 on my vita AND PC?

Srly guys, it’s getting ridiculous. There is a flood of MH games specially on vita and I’m sure PSO2 will be a success in the west. I’m a huge sega fan since the 80′s and I’m really sad to see How poorly you guys threat your western fans. Where is Yakuza as well? Why is this taking so long?

I still have my Phantasy Star II and IV versions and a ton of genesis games. Please bring PSO2 to us.

+ PrinceofXIII on November 10th, 2013 at 12:52 pm said:

nice work Sega :D

now bring Yakuza 5/HD Collection/Ishin, Valkyria Chronicles 3+Extra Edition, Phantasy Star Online 2, Shining games!!!!

come on!!!

+ SONIC-Deadlocked on November 10th, 2013 at 3:17 pm said:

T’was not expecting this. I thought that SEGA was going to do the PS3 version only. I can only hope that they also bring over that Vita bundle at sells for over $1000 online..

+ ImNotNeko on November 10th, 2013 at 10:41 pm said:

I was going to buy PS3 just for Project Diva f after PS4 release, but this solves my problem lol. and yay finally 1 game for my vita XD

P.S. If this gets blocked in Canada like many other games I want (B★RS cough cough) the I will (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

+ brf_sakagushi on November 11th, 2013 at 11:53 am said:

I have to ask this: I have the japanese copy (the physical media). May I activate it here?

+ loveableneko on November 12th, 2013 at 2:47 pm said:

May sound like an odd request but i know you worked really hard on the ps3 but any chance of the songs getting an english translation?

+ loveableneko on November 12th, 2013 at 3:05 pm said:

double post i meant the lyrics not the songs themselves

+ xenosaga200 on November 12th, 2013 at 5:41 pm said:

this is great news thanks sega

+ CrimsonPhase on November 12th, 2013 at 6:36 pm said:

“Please, I’d sell my soul for a Vita version!*” someone said.
Whoever said that deserves a cookie.

+ Welmosca on November 13th, 2013 at 10:35 am said:

Aaron Webber you’re awesome…haha it really gaves me that hard laugh…that talk about soul….oh man.

And thanks for supporting the Vita…you guys are really great…passed on PS3 but I’m getting it on Vita.

+ Shiroyami on November 14th, 2013 at 12:29 am said:

SEGA! My faith is redeemed. I promised myself if this came true I’d be sure to by both, so +2 game purchases for you guys on the way. My PSN Account is ready (and so is my PS3).

+ KyaAkumu on November 16th, 2013 at 7:42 pm said:

OH My god I can’t wait! Project Diva F was so great! I’ll have to buy a PSVita now for sure!

+ Trukzx on November 22nd, 2013 at 1:01 pm said:

I’m hoping that the DLCs also come over (PS3 had it free AFAIK).

I don’t even mind paying for it “separate” from the main game. Beats having to swap to JPN account and juggling memory cards.

+ Tokyoteddybear65 on November 23rd, 2013 at 7:13 pm said:

SEGA!!!!!!!PLZZZZ!!!!!Tell us if u guys r going to release a demo before the game gets released i wanna know!!!!!!!! And I really cant wait for the game thank you for bringing it over to the US i just got my vita yesterday and im just patiently waiting to see if u guys say theres gonna be a demo or for any news on the game

+ Tokyoteddybear65 on November 23rd, 2013 at 7:19 pm said:

oh and i vote for project diva f2nd to be brought over here plz and if u do decide to release it in english please release the ps3 and psvita version at the same cause theres many people who sold their psvitas for ps3 just to play pdf so please sega release them soon in english and at the same time plzzzzzzz =]

+ CosmicTacoCat on November 24th, 2013 at 2:06 pm said:

YES!!!!!!!! I was going to get the ps3 version but i didn’t have enough money when it was released and i don’t want a digital copy since i want the case too. I’m definitely going to buy for the PS vita sch-2000 I’m importing from japan!!!!

+ Caffeinateds on November 24th, 2013 at 10:11 pm said:

OMG, I will get a PS Vita if this releases in Australia. Also is Project Mirai 2 getting localized. Please and thankyou.

+ SENSEIThegreat on November 25th, 2013 at 2:55 pm said:

Is there going to be a Dragon Ball game or Naruto game for the vita in 2014?

+ MyRule222 on November 27th, 2013 at 2:26 pm said:

Great! Project Diva f on my vita to make company to my only 2 Vita games. BTW, Is there a chance to release the premium avatars or themes of Project Diva F for PSN?

+ innocentmoogle on November 30th, 2013 at 2:51 pm said:

Will Project diva-f be available in the Uk in stores such as “game” or “gamestation”?

+ miser76 on November 30th, 2013 at 4:57 pm said:

I love you guys! This will be copy #3 for me, but hey, just take my money! Look….(throws cash at monitor), day 1 purchase :)

+ Raymond-HH on December 1st, 2013 at 5:26 am said:

Hi Aaron,

I apreciate your devotion to community service very much. Thanks for reading and answering so many comments.

May I add some points to the wish list?

- please make the DLC for f and F versions cross buyable, if not the whole game.
- For those who imported the boxed version already: please provide a patch to the asian version that makes the western DLC usable in that version. That would be a great nod to the western pioneers who early adopted Miku to the west.
- please bring Project Diva f/F 2nd and Mirai to the west as well. PS versions for Mirai?
- and please allow the songs of earlier games do be used in later games, e.g. Diva f 2nd shows its own songs and those from the 1st f game, if I have both games on my device. Pretty much like other music game franchises like Rock Band or Singstar.
- please bring stick support for the star notes on PS Vita. I played the PS3 F version and like flipping the analog sticks with the star notes. The Vita has good analog sticks, please make them usable as an alternative input method for the star notes besides the front and back touchpad.

Greetings
Raymond-HH

+ RieMurata on December 4th, 2013 at 7:26 am said:

I just bought the japanese version but I’m definitely buying this one as well. I just hope they include the extra songs like the PS3 version.

+ RieMurata on December 4th, 2013 at 7:31 am said:

I also second Raymond-HH’s concern on the stick support as an alternate method. sometimes I just can’t get to the buttons fast enough while playing hard mode.

PAGE 1 3 4 5