PS4 - Destiny

PS Plus: Binary Domain & Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath Free for Members

Kristine Steimer's Avatar + Posted by Kristine Steimer on Nov 18, 2013 // Sr. Community Specialist

Chances are, if you picked up a PlayStation 4 last week you’re still enjoying our PS4 PlayStation Plus titles, RESOGUN and Contrast, and that’s totally cool. However, if you’re anxiously waiting for your PS4 to arrive later this holiday season, we’ve got you covered with a new PlayStation 3 and PS Vita game this week. Binary Domain, a futuristic third-person squad-based shooter, is hitting the PS3 Instant Game Collection tomorrow. Morality meets gunfire, Binary Domain’s Consequences System means you’ll need to be aware of your actions — how your squad views you can impact the game as well as how the storyline progresses.

On PS Vita there’s Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath, an action-adventure where you step into the role of Stranger, a bounty hunter. Whether or not you head into your bounties guns blazing or prefer a more stealthy approach is up to you, as well as whether you apprehend your subjects alive or dead. Your main goal is to earn as much money as possible, so it’s kind of like real life.

You can take advantage of all these PS Plus benefits after the PlayStation Store updates tomorrow.

PlayStation Plus Update 11-18-2013
PlayStation Plus: Instant Game Collection

Binary Domain (PS3)

Free for PS Plus members, Regular Price: $19.99

PlayStation Plus: Binary Domain
Created by Toshihiro Nagoshi, the man behind some of SEGA’s most well-known video game franchises including the critically acclaimed Yakuza series, Binary Domain puts players in the middle of a fast paced and intense battle for humanity in a robot-filled 2080 Tokyo. Fighting through the derelict lower levels of the city, players control an international peace-keeping squad that soon starts to question their surroundings and the choices they make. Are the robots becoming more human, or are humans becoming more like machines?
Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath (PS Vita)

Free for PS Plus members, Regular Price: $14.99

PlayStation Plus: Oddworld Stranger's Wrath
In the dusty, undeveloped wastelands of Western Mudos, cantankerous townsfolk find their settlements besieged by belligerent outlaws. Along comes Stranger, a tall, dark and enigmatic bounty hunter with a mission to capture troublemakers and scoundrels and return them to civilized townships for incarceration. But Stranger is keeping a secret and needs expensive surgery to survive. In his quest to earn enough Moolah, Stranger reluctantly accepts the ultimate bounty from the owner of the Mongo River and suddenly his adventure takes a very different turn.

PlayStation Plus: Discounts

Game Title PS Plus Price Regular Price
Worms 2: Armageddon $4.50 $14.99

PlayStation Plus: Last Chance

Leaving on November 26th

Instant Game Collection: Sine Mora (PS Vita)

We’ll be back next week to add another title to the Instant Game Collection as well as any other benefits, like super sweet discounts.

If you’ve got feedback on today’s Plus update make sure vote in the poll and leave a comment below. To discuss all things PlayStation, including this update, you can also head over to the PlayStation Community Forums where you’ll find topics you can contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself.

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ johnnyp70 on November 18th, 2013 at 8:03 am said:

Cool. Great discount on Worms 2, and 2 games I will definitely grab for when I get sick of my PS4.

+ Ryumoau on November 18th, 2013 at 8:03 am said:

Don’t have my ps3 anymore, but will definitely put Binary Domain on my download list for when i get another one soon. Thanks. :)

+ tiny_tim31 on November 18th, 2013 at 8:03 am said:

Almost bought Stranger’s Wrath last month to pass $50, thank god I didn’t! Enjoy the PS4 Kristine!

+ TigerStealth on November 18th, 2013 at 8:04 am said:

Oddworld for Vita is a great addition to IGC

+ JimmyHACK on November 18th, 2013 at 8:04 am said:

Stranger’s Wrath is such a fun game!

Kristine, do you know if Tearaway will be on the store this Friday? I just realized the game is launching this Friday and not the following Tuesday, very excited.

+ zingakun on November 18th, 2013 at 8:04 am said:

Binary Domain was a nice surprise. Can’t wait to play it.

The image with all games from IGC is getting quite small, and that only makes me happy :D

+ snakeman07 on November 18th, 2013 at 8:04 am said:

Looking forward to both new additions, and can’t wait for Soul Sacrifice. Thanks Sony :)

+ CanadianFuzzy on November 18th, 2013 at 8:05 am said:

When are Uncharted and Gravity Rush getting switched out of the Vita IGC?

+ Teflon02 on November 18th, 2013 at 8:05 am said:

So let me get this straight. Sony is really going to screw Vita owners and have the annual games stay the same beyond a year?… Okay, that’s all good. smh

+ fede01_8 on November 18th, 2013 at 8:10 am said:

Europe got Assassin’s Creed 3, Far Cry 3, NFS:Most Wanted and in December they will get Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance in the lasts consecutive months.
However say that US PS+ is as good as Europe is blind by fanatism

+ DarkStar83x on November 18th, 2013 at 8:11 am said:

Looks like only the free stuff for me this week. That’s fine, though. My wallet’s being bled dry!

+ Michzadood on November 18th, 2013 at 8:13 am said:

Binary Domain!!!

+ carlpain on November 18th, 2013 at 8:15 am said:

Damn. Only one discount.

+ Phoenix9889 on November 18th, 2013 at 8:16 am said:

I saved my money for this week discounts… For Worms? Is that really it?

+ clokez77 on November 18th, 2013 at 8:17 am said:

Still is beyond me why people complain about the free games that Sony gives with the Plus subscription. The entitlement gamers feel these days…

+ MatheusRuggeri on November 18th, 2013 at 8:18 am said:

Someone Please:

I have Playstation Plus subscription but when I try “buy” free games in store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com , the system show me the normal price.

How can I solve this?

+ DLenji on November 18th, 2013 at 8:20 am said:

I just bought Binary Domain! But great addition, anyways :)

+ schreekuline on November 18th, 2013 at 8:21 am said:

Will give Binary Domain a try if I can tear myself away from Battlefield 4, Resogun, and Contrast. Just wanted to thank you guys for all the hard work you do and having PS Plus benefits carry over to the PS4. That is one of the major reasons I grabbed it on launch day!

+ RulitoCR on November 18th, 2013 at 8:21 am said:

i recently purchased Worms™ Revolution and didn´t convinced me a lot… so I’m thinking to grab this one… it is better!?

+ jonjon0890 on November 18th, 2013 at 8:23 am said:

@16 the store updates every Tuesday (unless it states otherwise). You’ll get your free games tomorrow.

+ SiriusCJS on November 18th, 2013 at 8:23 am said:

No “Nothing for me this week” in the poll?

+ FeistFan on November 18th, 2013 at 8:24 am said:

@16: Make sure you’re not trying to buy the ones listed here today – they won’t be free until the store updates tomorrow (Tuesday).

Otherwise, it ought to work – just tested it with Sine Moria which I hadn’t flagged for download yet (don’t have a Vita yet, but if I get one, I’ll have a nice library waiting for me). Go to Games, then Plus, then Free Games, and you ought to be able to add them to your cart as $0 purchases from there.

+ viceforce on November 18th, 2013 at 8:27 am said:

+ DJ_Tomato on November 18th, 2013 at 8:29 am said:

No “Nothing for me this week” in the poll?

WTH?

+ DJ_Tomato on November 18th, 2013 at 8:30 am said:

where’s the vita love?

+ Ryumoau on November 18th, 2013 at 8:30 am said:

@8 i’m curious too. Its over a year now since Vita games were added to IGC, so hopefully December update will change them to something fresh. Personally hoping for at least one rpg.

+ fede01_8 on November 18th, 2013 at 8:32 am said:

@15 clokez77 : Oh God, not again the stupid “free games” argument. IT’S NOT FREE. We pay for a service! Do you pay $50 for saving in the cloud?! If what we’re getting is worse than what other péople are getting then don’t expect us to be quiet

+ Fardeenah on November 18th, 2013 at 8:33 am said:

waiting for soul sacrifice. will we get a sneek peak of december IGC this week or next week?

+ fede01_8 on November 18th, 2013 at 8:36 am said:

@23 viceforce on November 18th, 2013 at 8:27 am said:

“@ 10 first of all they did not get Metal Gear Rising for December it’s for November which is this month.

Second have you check out what Europe is actually getting in December? A lot of Europeans says that it sucks. Thats right EU Plus for December Sucks.”

you’re right. They are getting GRID 2! how is one of the biggest racing games of the year a bad month? Beats anything we got in the last 3 months

+ ferrers405 on November 18th, 2013 at 8:37 am said:

Where are the discounts? I wanna buy something! (- Worms)

+ ioshi_US on November 18th, 2013 at 8:42 am said:

20 November is 1 year anniversary ps vita IGC
so Gravity Rush, Uncharted and Wipeout gonna be replaced right ?

+ PainOfSarrow on November 18th, 2013 at 8:42 am said:

Worms 2: Armageddon, is great. horrible plus update for you though lol smfh.

+ djsaiyan on November 18th, 2013 at 8:47 am said:

Binary Domain is a fantastic game. Everyone needs to play it.

+ ocray on November 18th, 2013 at 8:47 am said:

lol the reason why sony isn’t replying to when are they going to be switching out the out the 3 vita games is because they lied to all of us about the annual replacement of these games and have no plans on switching them out. THIEFS and LIARS!

+ DaGimp13 on November 18th, 2013 at 8:48 am said:

@ Kristine

I know this is off topic, but is there any chance you could pass along to the PS4 Dev team to bring back the download list to PS4? I went to redeem the COD Ghost Free Fall map on Friday on the PS Store and due to the launch issues, the Store crashed and I didn’t get to download the free map. I’ve tried sending it to the PS4 via Store on PC, and the PC versin will act as if it’s “sending” it to the PS4, even states “playable”, but when I check the PS4 Notifications and try loading the game, it’s not there at all. If I could access my download list from either the PS4 Store or PS4 Settings, this problem could be fixed easily, but it appears the Dev team overlooked the download list option on PS4 altogether.

also, you can’t transfer data between the Vita and PS4 like you could with PS3, what’s up with that??? While I get (don’t agree with, but understand) Sony is restricting video/music use in order to sell MU/VU services (don’t say it isn’t why when PS4 won’t play any video file unless it’s VU purchased, same with music sub…), it’s a downgrade for PS4 not to be able to do simple things such as transfer Vita games like PS3 did.

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Kristine Steimer on November 18th, 2013 at 10:21 am said:

In regards to your downloading problem, your Library should allow you to download the map. Click on the game in your library and your downloadable content should appear in there. If that doesn’t work, please contact customer service. https://support.us.playstation.com/app/contact_options

+ deathshadow799 on November 18th, 2013 at 8:48 am said:

Very weak update. Hoping we get a PS3 super sale.

+ ocray on November 18th, 2013 at 8:49 am said:

False advertisement!

+ Welmosca on November 18th, 2013 at 8:49 am said:

Yay Binary Domain is an amazing addition to the IGC….really great….just the type of game that I dont wanna buy but I would like to have it…just like Dragon’s Dogma….I’m so thankful.In the other hand oddworld is a terrible addition to the IGC…but its all good since the only way to pick this game is for free…..waiting eagerly for Soul Sacrifice.

+ StingrayX on November 18th, 2013 at 8:56 am said:

Awesome! Great work again guys!..and some of you people complaining about free games…go back to Xbox when you get a 4 year old game for free once per month for $10 more per year…yeah gg, so stop complaining.

+ viceforce on November 18th, 2013 at 8:58 am said:

@fede01_8

Does it beat the fact that we’re getting Soul Sacrifice? a Bad Ass RPG game for Vita which we are getting this month? Oh and don’t forget next month there getting Liberty City Stories, Since when have they ever got a PSP game?

+ RenderMonk on November 18th, 2013 at 9:02 am said:

Can anyone from Sony give us an official response about if we should be keeping our new PS4 in Standby mode all the time, or if it should only be used for background downloading and controller charging, then turned off completely? Thanks in advance.

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Kristine Steimer on November 18th, 2013 at 10:25 am said:

I’m afraid I wouldn’t be able to give an official response about that. Maybe you could tweet at Shu? @yosp.

+ Satnamji on November 18th, 2013 at 9:04 am said:

Looking forward to Binary Domain. Sticking with PS3 until the PS4’s limitations re: CD/MP3 music playback/streaming get sorted out.

+ Alma_viva on November 18th, 2013 at 9:05 am said:

Is Binary Domain online coop? Like, could I play it with a friend on line? If so, man I’m excited!!!!

I’ll give Oddworld a try. I thought hot line miami would be boring ’cause it looked really lame, but damn I was wrong.

+ IIL0YDII on November 18th, 2013 at 9:11 am said:

Nice poll over here, you’ve removed “I own/dont own the content but there’s nothing for me” because it was wining everytime?

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Kristine Steimer on November 18th, 2013 at 10:23 am said:

It wasn’t purposefully removed, it’s there now if you’d like to cast your vote.

+ kgvstheworld on November 18th, 2013 at 9:12 am said:

Hey there, I am just dropping by. I was wondering if anyone had open spots on their new PS4 to play games. My psn name is obviously kgvstheworld but I looking to fill it up with people who are active playing games. Never really filled my list up. I will accept anyone. Need those scores on Resogun to beat.

+ ElektroDragon on November 18th, 2013 at 9:22 am said:

Can’t install any more games on my 64GB Vita due to 100 app limit. SONY FIX THIS NOW!

+ ViolentPhlegm on November 18th, 2013 at 9:22 am said:

@ Teflon02 and ocray: What in the world are you going on about? You’re already Plus members so what difference does it make to you what games are in the IGC? The current IGC pool only matters to NEW members. Is it that you have friends that haven’t joined Plus yet that want a different IGC when they start? Otherwise, the only thing that affects you are what the new offerings are each month. How does it make a difference to you that Sine Mora is being removed from the Vita IGC instead of Uncharted?

+ fruitcakeS101 on November 18th, 2013 at 9:28 am said:

@10 – “Previous AAA of the month was Kingdoms of Amalur and this month is Dragon’s Dogma. Can we get a game that is known by more than 20 people?!”

This guy is hilarious! If that’s the way you think of KoA and Dragon’s Dogma, you’re clearly living under a rock.

+ alok893 on November 18th, 2013 at 9:56 am said:

Binary Domain as good or better than Uncharted , most underrated TPS on Playstation 3

Yakuza Series better then GTA , most underrated Game Series on Playstation 3

PLEASE PLAY BOTH GAMES IN JAPANESE WITH ENGLISH SUBTITLES.

+ opikal on November 18th, 2013 at 9:59 am said:

I am still hoping for Bioshock Infinite at around $14.99 one week :)

PAGE 1 2 3 4