PlayStation VR

Nov 24

Nov 24

The PlayStation Recap – What We’re Reading

Justin Massongill's Avatar Posted by Social Media Manager, SIEA

So, how about those Tearaway reviews?

Speaking of PS Vita — Spelunky has Daily Challenges now! Just when I thought I had broken free of that game’s grasp, too.

We got some Q&A time with Hideo Kojima himself, our friends at Twitch stopped by to share a few tips for livestreaming on PS4, The Last of Us is getting some new multplayer items, we’ve got some killer Black Friday deals on deck, you can Take the Oath and make your own Killzone Shadow Fall trailer, and the race has begun to become the First to Greatness.

What are you playing this weekend?

• I’m playing: Tearaway, Resogun, Need for Speed Rivals, Knack

Boyanime010 said:

November 24th, 10:20 am

Right now PS4 is useless as media player

deathshadow799 said:

November 24th, 10:22 am

I’m playing: Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag

I hope PSN receives a mega-sale because of Black Friday!

EbOuNcE88 said:

November 24th, 10:26 am

I am play KZSF MP which is awesome (only have done about 4 levels in CP but seems good) , Madden 25, Nba 2k14, and Knack.. Also going back and forth between the free 2 plays.. Haven’t really tried resogun or contrast yet.

xClayMeow said:

November 24th, 10:50 am

Nice to see strong Tearaway reviews from all major sites/publications!

But still super disappointed the three Vita IGC mainstays/evergreens haven’t been replaced this month. I truly thought we’d get LBP Vita as one of them because of Tearaway’s release.

MakoSOLIDER said:

November 24th, 10:51 am

Persona 5 exclusively for PS3!

Nerroth said:

November 24th, 12:13 pm

I’ve been watching some of the material put together by the BBC for the Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Special: the web prequels “The Night of The Doctor” and “The Last Day”, the parody tie-in “The Five(ish) Doctors Reboot” (which is simply hilarious), the docudrama “An Adventure In Space and Time” (set in the 1960s during the initial creation of the series), and of course the main episode itself, “The Day of the Doctor”. I wonder how many of those files will find their way to the video portion of the PlaStation Store…

Games-wise, I’ve been reading the news about the slew of new Persona titles, three of which will be on PlayStation platforms: Persona 5 for the PS3 (as mentioned by poster #6 in this thread), Persona 4: The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold (or Persona 4 Arena 2, depending on what Atlus USA may call it) which is also for the PS3, and Persona 4: Dancing All Night (yes, really; it’ll be made by the developers of the Project Diva series) on the PS Vita. The fourth title, Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth, is presently announced only for a rival handheld device, but it would be nice if Sony could convince Atlus to do a Vita version of it also.

Justin Massongill's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

November 24th, 12:37 pm

Ahh, I thought the dancing game looked a lot like Miku. Makes sense!

boomstickbhg said:

November 24th, 12:19 pm

I’m playing: ACIV: Black Flag, NBA 2k14, FFXIV

I’m watching: NFL, Doctor Who 50th Anniversary, Sony for news on any Canada/PSN black Friday deals.

I’m listening to: Less Than Jake – See the Light, LiSA – Landscape.

Nerroth said:

November 24th, 1:00 pm

Justin:

Indeed.

I’m actually hoping that, a few years down the road, we might get a “Persona 5 Crimson” for the Vita, akin to how P4 evolved into P4G.

In any case, I hope that the PS Blog will be quick to wlecome any news which Atlus USA might have to post on these titles… once they get around to formally announcing any of them for the West, that is.

deadendblues said:

November 24th, 1:57 pm

Reading. Into the woods
Playing resogun need for speed
Watching hot stove mlb
Hoping no praying gaikai will make persona 5 work on ps4

deadendblues said:

November 24th, 1:59 pm

Looking for any news about gaikai

duke301 said:

November 24th, 3:27 pm

I’m playing: Assassin’s Creed IV
I’m watching: Star Trek: TNG Season 5 on blu, NFL and NCAA Football
I’m listening to: Elvis Radio
I’m reading: Lewis Carroll’s Through the Looking Glass

dodgedoors said:

November 24th, 3:29 pm

@8 Love Less than Jake, seen em about 12 times since 96

blackiemist88 said:

November 24th, 4:39 pm

I know no one’s rely taking about it but the PlayStation app needs to be fixed…please and thank you

Triple_Threat said:

November 24th, 6:19 pm

I don’t understand why people are complaining that the PS4 is not a media player… its a gaming console “for gamers, by gamers.” I can’t wait to pick mine up once I get back into the states in three weeks.

I’m playing: Wipeout2048 & Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath
Im watching: One Piece (episode 301)
I’m listening to: Rev Theory
I’m reading: Essential Readings of Ralph Waldo Emerson

rabidninjamonky said:

November 24th, 6:57 pm

I’m playing: Terraria for PS3 . I kept waiting for the vita version, but finally gave up and bought the PS3 version wednesday. The very next day they finally gave us a release date for the vita version. It’s finally coming Dec 4th. I’ll buy it again for vita if it’s cross-save. I’m loving it!
I’m watching: Almost Human and the Killing Season 3

SeekAndDestroy80 said:

November 25th, 12:01 pm

I been playing killzone shadow fall. But im not able to play the multiplayer. I been trying since day 1 with no luck. i keep gettting “error 10101”. Anyone else having trouble playing killzone online?

Robyn_XIII said:

November 27th, 6:03 pm

@10

Me Too… All the Persona titles ( aside from Shadows of Q, since that’s coming on 3DS )