Minecraft PS4

Zen Pinball 2 Coming to PS4 on December 17th

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar + Posted by Bobby Loertscher on Dec 04, 2013 // Community Manager, Zen Studios

It’s Pinball time on PS4! Zen Pinball 2 will launch on December 17th for PS4, featuring a selection of tables from the previous generation’s table library. If you already own these tables on PS3 or PS Vita, we invite you to download them for FREE on PS4.

For those of you that have never played Zen Pinball, the Sorcerer’s Lair table is absolutely free for all players, giving you the opportunity to try the game risk free.

Additionally, Marvel’s Doctor Strange will launch as brand new content. That’s right; the Sorcerer Supreme will be day one content for Zen Pinball 2 on PS4 for $2.99. If you haven’t purchased a PS4 yet, Doctor Strange will also be available in Zen Pinball 2 on PS3 and PS Vita for $2.99.

Zen Pinball 2 on PS4, 03Zen Pinball 2 on PS4, 02

Here’s the table lineup for Zen Pinball 2 on PS4:

• Star Wars Pinball
  • Star Wars Pinball: Balance of the Force
  • Marvel Pinball
  • Marvel Pinball:Avengers Chronicles
  • Marvel’s Doctor Strange
  • Plants vs. Zombies Pinball
  • Epic Quest
  • Paranormal
  • Earth Defense

Zen Studios has HUGE plans for pinball in 2014, including more Star Wars Pinball and Marvel Pinball tables, as well as tables based on more iconic and exciting brands. We can’t wait to share all the pinball goodness!

PAGE 1 2

+ Xanthene on December 4th, 2013 at 6:05 am said:

Love Zen Pinball! If you own this on PS3 do you need to rebuy the base game and then you get the tables you purchased before for free or is everything transferable?

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

+ Bobby Loertscher on December 4th, 2013 at 6:10 am said:

Zen Pinball 2 is free! Just download ZP2 on your PS4 and you can import any tables listed above that you’ve previously purchased in ZP2 for PS3 :)

+ Binarynova on December 4th, 2013 at 6:10 am said:

Great news! Can’t wait! Sorcerer’s Lair is my favorite table!

+ Patsrule0316 on December 4th, 2013 at 6:11 am said:

I believe the base game is free anyways. You only need to pay for tables. So if you already own the tables on PS3 (or vita), you won’t have to pay anything to get to play on PS4. On Vita, I have Star Wars Pinball and Epic Quest, so I’ll get to play those on next gen. On Xbox 360, I have almost every table in existence, and since I have both XB1 and PS4, I am hoping they do the same thing for the XB1 as well.

+ MarkakaJin on December 4th, 2013 at 6:11 am said:

Awesome news! Looking forward to my birthday gift!

+ LarsenNET on December 4th, 2013 at 6:16 am said:

Will the rest of the PS3 boards come eventually or will you only go forward from here?

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

+ Bobby Loertscher on December 4th, 2013 at 6:19 am said:

Just new tables from here on out :)

+ johnnyp70 on December 4th, 2013 at 6:17 am said:

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ RockgamerXIII on December 4th, 2013 at 6:18 am said:

I don’t even have a PS4 yet, but it’s good to know that whenever I do get one I won’t have to pay extra to play all of my tables on it. Just another reason why I love you guys!

I can’t wait to see what you all have in store for the future. Whatever it is, I’m sure it will be awesome!

+ AnoyoIkari on December 4th, 2013 at 6:20 am said:

I know I post this every time there’s Zen Pinball update on PS blog; but here I go. I want a Deadpool table. Make it happen, or else…I’ll ask again.

+ LarsenNET on December 4th, 2013 at 6:20 am said:

Also, are these just straight ports or will they be enhanced for the PS4?

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

+ Bobby Loertscher on December 4th, 2013 at 6:24 am said:

How does 1080p @ 60 FPS sound? :)

+ Stranger_Eddie on December 4th, 2013 at 6:24 am said:

I’ll suggest to Zen Studios to develop a Pinball Machine based in Bobby Loertscher ^ ^

+ MisterV_19 on December 4th, 2013 at 6:27 am said:

That’s why I love zen pinball… they never let their fans down. When i finnaly have a ps4 I can import the tables I bought for my ps3! That’s cool. I would like to see a crossplatform by possibility (eg pc – android – ps hint)

+ johnnyp70 on December 4th, 2013 at 6:29 am said:

Now that I have calmed down, I will say that this is very impressive considering what I am hearing about the other major pinball platform and it’s journey to next gen. I honestly don’t know how Zen can afford to keep giving us all this for a low to no costs price point, but a sincere thank you for finding ways to do it.

+ OleGunnar on December 4th, 2013 at 6:29 am said:

Hey Bobby!! Awesome, appreciated news! I guess I can stop bugging you about this now. :)

Is it the 17th yet?

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

+ Bobby Loertscher on December 4th, 2013 at 6:32 am said:

We need a time machine! These next two weeks are going to be SO long!

+ Frenchkiller1MI on December 4th, 2013 at 6:30 am said:

Really great news ! one of my most missed games from my ps3 :) Looking forward to it !!!!

+ GGCAN on December 4th, 2013 at 6:32 am said:

Great !

Thanks for the heads up Bobby.

Love Zen Pinball and also love my new PS4.

Was thinking just this past weekend how nice it would be if I could play Zen Pinball on my PS4.

Keep up the great work !

+ GGCAN on December 4th, 2013 at 6:34 am said:

Bobby, question.

Does this support 3D or will it in the near future ?

I know I tried the Trine 2 demo and that’s 3D compatible.

Would love to have 3D on Zen Pinball as well, as it was a great feature on the PS3.

+ kmetek on December 4th, 2013 at 6:35 am said:

which ZEN PINBALL 2 should i buy?

+ TeamGreen615 on December 4th, 2013 at 6:38 am said:

You guys treat your customers great! Looking forward to the Dr. Strange Table. I still hope one day you guys make some tables based on Indiana Jones. I can just visualize a large boulder with awesome music and excellent sound effects!

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

+ Bobby Loertscher on December 4th, 2013 at 6:52 am said:

We’re huge Indiana Jones fans! Definitely on our wish list :)

+ PiMDx on December 4th, 2013 at 6:40 am said:

There’s a plus bonus. I think I got some tables from plus a couple weeks ago.

+ Beasthunt on December 4th, 2013 at 6:42 am said:

Yesssss!!!! I love this series. I played primarily on my 360 last gen but bought pretty much all of the tables for ps3/vita as well. My ps4 and I thank you!!!!!

+ fede01_8 on December 4th, 2013 at 6:43 am said:

Love me some pinball from time to time.

You’re cute BTW, although i never heard a girl called Bobby, lol

+ Mando44646 on December 4th, 2013 at 6:46 am said:

more Star Wars and Marvel, wooooo!

+ Gamerzlimited on December 4th, 2013 at 7:01 am said:

Awesome! Since Star Wars Pinball is free currently on PS+, will this mean we’ll get the PS4 versions of those tables as well?

If so, then that’s definitely worth claiming if anyone hasn’t yet.

+ shortyvs on December 4th, 2013 at 7:07 am said:

I just checked the PS Store and Sorcerer’s Lair is $2.49.

+ judasgoat on December 4th, 2013 at 7:20 am said:

Perhaps DC Comics branded tables? Hmmmmm? :) As good as the Marvel tables are, it seems like a shoe in.

+ TheBruce19 on December 4th, 2013 at 7:26 am said:

I am so happy getting a PS4 for Christmas. however I own all but one table (Sorcerer’s Lair) for my current xbox 360. Will I be getting some for free as well once I become a PS Plus member, or do I have to start all over again by purchasing them? I have owned the very first tables that ever came out back on the first xbox, so I have been a Zen fan for a very long time, but I am leaving Microsoft for good this time :)

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

+ Bobby Loertscher on December 4th, 2013 at 12:25 pm said:

Sorry – just content listed above from PSN will transfer over.

+ snakeman07 on December 4th, 2013 at 7:30 am said:

Wow! This is just awesome barbie! Can’t wait to get my hands on a PS4!

+ Sir_LANs on December 4th, 2013 at 7:31 am said:

Great news!

With this and TPA due soon(?) pinball fans should be having a great Christmas with their PS4!

+ Doctor_Hank_Pym on December 4th, 2013 at 7:40 am said:

amazing news!! Will scores/stats crossover to the PS4 version, as they already do between PS3 & Vita?

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

+ Bobby Loertscher on December 4th, 2013 at 12:26 pm said:

It’ll be all new leaderboards- totally clean slate.

+ Rafie27 on December 4th, 2013 at 7:46 am said:

Thank you, Barbie and team! You guys ROCK!!! Looking forward to playing that Dr. Strange goodness on the PS4 BABY!!

+ Supermike1975 on December 4th, 2013 at 7:53 am said:

I really would love a Man of steel Superman table! :)

+ Argonel on December 4th, 2013 at 7:56 am said:

This is awesome I was really hoping you would be able to do something like this. However sadface I am having friends over to play Zen Pinball on Dec 15th. Guess we will be stuck playing on the PS3.

+ Binarynova on December 4th, 2013 at 8:06 am said:

Speaking of tables we’d like to see, I’d love to see a…

Sonic Spinball themed table!

+ CrusaderForever on December 4th, 2013 at 8:07 am said:

Such an awesome franchise! I play this on my PS3 and Vita and love it. I will be downloading this on my PS4 as well. Thanks ZS!

+ keef_psn on December 4th, 2013 at 8:15 am said:

Yes…YESSSSSSS *maniacal grin*

+ FearMonkey on December 4th, 2013 at 8:18 am said:

AWESOME! :D

+ pudgenet on December 4th, 2013 at 8:20 am said:

Excellent. I don’t have the PS4 yet, but nice to know when I do, I’ll be able to carry over my many tables.

I just wish the scores would carry over between versions of the game (Zen 1, Zen 2, Marvel, Star Wars …).

+ thxservo on December 4th, 2013 at 8:26 am said:

This is really great Zen. Thanks for doing the free upgrades, can not wait to play this.

Bobby, question on Marvel’s Doctor Strange. I play on both PS4 and Vita so if I buy the PS4 version when it releases, does that give you the Vita version as well? Thanks

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

+ Bobby Loertscher on December 4th, 2013 at 12:27 pm said:

We’re working on all the details for cross buy – we should have news soon! :)

+ Amir_G_M_US on December 4th, 2013 at 8:32 am said:

another GREAT console that is holding back its power…

Same story with the Vita and those poor games that they sell for 9.99$ or even 14.99$

+ The_Bunn on December 4th, 2013 at 8:41 am said:

This is why Zen Pinball is way ahead of Farsight’s Pinball arcade. I am very glad I never bought any more fom TPA since the announcement of the PS4. They Kickstart the tables and still keep asking for money for a different ball or to be able to access the settings. And no cross buy, so if you invested a lot on the PS3/Vita, you would be SOL on the PS4

I still like Farsight’s product, and will buy it on the PS4 because I love pinball, but comparatively, Zen delivers it way better.

Thanks for being so respectful of consumers and thanks for rekindling and starting the passion for pinball in so many people. You guys rock.

+ BanzaiHeil on December 4th, 2013 at 9:11 am said:

So glad to see Marvel tables are still in the works! However, as such I’m obligated to shout my biggest wish for a future table;

MAXIMUM CARNAGE!!!

+ Spokker on December 4th, 2013 at 9:34 am said:

I assume that if you redeemed Star Wars Pinball on PS+, it will be playable on the PS4. Is this true?

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

+ Bobby Loertscher on December 4th, 2013 at 12:28 pm said:

Yes, as long as your PS+ account is still active/current.

+ EvoAnubis on December 4th, 2013 at 10:16 am said:

Protip: The Star Wars table is free on PlayStation Plus right now, so if you go ahead and grab it you’ll also have access to it on your PS4!

+ Squirtbot on December 4th, 2013 at 10:17 am said:

Will the availability of new tables (ie – Dr Strange) always be cross-buy? As I own both a PS3 and PS4, and I’d like them on both systems…

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

+ Bobby Loertscher on December 4th, 2013 at 12:37 pm said:

Yes – but if you want it on PS3, you’ll want to purchase it there, then import to PS4 – imports only go one way :)

+ Macello on December 4th, 2013 at 10:26 am said:

No Marvel Vengeance and Virtue tables?

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

+ Bobby Loertscher on December 4th, 2013 at 12:37 pm said:

What you see is what you get. We had to make the tough choice of which tables to bring over, we could only pick 20.

+ Skyyplum on December 4th, 2013 at 10:46 am said:

Sweet, this is a nice surprise. Been waiting for Pinball Arcade but Farsight Studios hasn’t said anything since it got delayed so it will be nice to have a pinball game soon and I do love Zen Studios. Had a lot of fun with the Star Wars tables, will definitely buy the Marvel tables, and the Plants vs. Zombies table look awesome. Looking forward to this now. Thank you :)

+ Rezolution77 on December 4th, 2013 at 11:13 am said:

I was tricked into Castle Siege, although I did max the trophies
Especially after learning that it did not include all the content with 2 DLC (down load codes not included)
(It was not bad, although once maxing the abilities, the game lost it fun / challenge).

Can not even believe people are buying these.(Pinball)
And will make sure to keep an eye out before ever making another purchase from your company.

Thanks.

+ OLDSTYLEPIL on December 4th, 2013 at 11:27 am said:

Now if I could only PLAY my OWN tunes while gaming at this or RESOGUN would be a step in the right direction,Ya think.

+ Superstone on December 4th, 2013 at 11:29 am said:

Nice to hear you can transfer your tables. Thanks. Looking forward to playing ZP2 on my PS4.

+ Miggy11 on December 4th, 2013 at 11:39 am said:

Transformers and Twisted Metal themed tables please.

PAGE 1 2