PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

PlayStation Blogcast 102: Dark and Stormy

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on Dec 19, 2013 // Senior Manager, Social Media

Subscribe via iTunes or RSS, or download here

Happy holidays! We count down our (and your) top 10 games of 2013, Telltale Games’ Dennis Lenart dives into the guts of The Walking Dead: Season Two (out now on PlayStation Store for PS3), and Blizzard’s John Hight discusses the gory details of Diablo III on PS4. Enjoy!

Oh, and a quick note — we’ll be dragging our lazy bones into the office next week to record a special holiday episode. Check back next Thursday!

Stuff We Talked About

• The Walking Dead: Season 2
  • Diablo III on PS4
  • Our top 10 games of 2013
  • Your top 10 games of 2013
  • Resogun
  • Zen Pinball 2
  • The Pinball Arcade

Official PlayStation Blogcast: Sid ShumanOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast - Nick SuttnerOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast: Justin MassongillOfficial PlayStation Blogcast: Ryan Clements

Send us questions and tips: blogcast@playstation.sony.com or leave a voice message! 650-288-6706

The Cast

+ Smooth423 on December 19th, 2013 at 6:10 pm said:

Awesome news about a special Holiday Episode!

+ JimmyChaos on December 19th, 2013 at 6:32 pm said:

I don’t really have time to listen but I would really like to know, is there a release date for Diablo III for PS4?

Thank you.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on December 19th, 2013 at 8:06 pm said:

There is not. We’ll keep you posted!

+ DragonIrons on December 19th, 2013 at 7:01 pm said:

Please pass the word along to Teltale Games to bring out Season 2 on disc like Season 1. I prefer my games on physical discs if possible, and now I have to buy Season 1 GOTY for a second time >.< Bought it digital THEN it was released on disc (or I didnt' find out it was on disc till after….. idk). I'm not buying Season two until it's all released and on a disc.

+ dizeeStL on December 19th, 2013 at 7:12 pm said:

Kind of odd to talk about season 2 of TWD on a PS Podcast considering nobody can purchase the season pass for it, nor has there been any communication between Sony or Telltale on when it will be available.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on December 19th, 2013 at 8:07 pm said:

Yeah, not clear on the situation here but the proximity to Christmas isn’t helping. I’ll ask and update if I learn anything!

+ rabidninjamonky on December 19th, 2013 at 7:37 pm said:

Great job on the Diablo 3 interview. I don’t know why I haven’t bought the game yet, but I will be checking out Amazon as soon as I finish listening to this. I was going to wait for the PS4 version, but I can’t afford the PS4 until March and I need this game now. You guys are crazy though, Bioshock is way better than Bioshock Infinite.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on December 19th, 2013 at 9:47 pm said:

Thank you! I’m really proud of the interview with John — talking to him reminded me why I love this industry.

BioShock has its perks, but I’ll Columbia over Rapture any day. :)

+ rabidninjamonky on December 19th, 2013 at 7:39 pm said:

@2 No, they didn’t announce a release date

+ Swedesgamers010 on December 19th, 2013 at 8:40 pm said:

@Sid, Are you guys off next week or can we expect PS Store update on Christmas Eve :)

+ Kchow23 on December 19th, 2013 at 8:43 pm said:

Do we find out what caused the smell from 101?

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on December 19th, 2013 at 9:47 pm said:

We didn’t! I’m guessing it was something Nick ate, though.

+ firestorm on December 19th, 2013 at 9:49 pm said:

i just hope Diablo 3 won’t take too long to come out. I miss it on the ps3. is their any details if we had it on the ps3 that we will be able to continue were we left off or do we have to start over on the ps4? I have the saved data I believe on the ps4 from the ps3 is there a discounted price to come even though I don’t have the game anymore?

+ firestorm on December 19th, 2013 at 9:50 pm said:

also is there news on god of war to be able to play on the ps4?

+ U-E-N-D-I-L on December 19th, 2013 at 10:43 pm said:

@#9/Firestorm Blizzard made a post on the blog some time ago saying we will be able to transfer ps3 characters to the ps4 but it will be a unrecoverable transfer ps3 side so think D2 moving a normal char over to being a expansion character.

+ JimmyChaos on December 19th, 2013 at 10:55 pm said:

Thank you for the reply on my #2 question (even though it’s not the best answer). lol

+ darkersaintsfan on December 19th, 2013 at 11:26 pm said:

I just purchased PS+ for a year before my last free trail code expires. Now I’m just waiting on some PS4 content to use it on besides what’s available.

+ darkersaintsfan on December 19th, 2013 at 11:27 pm said:

Trial

+ JesseJames1209 on December 19th, 2013 at 11:36 pm said:

I would love to listen to this blogcast, however i am attempting to do so from my SONY PS4, which apparently doesnt have flash player, considering this is the official playstation website one would think they might take the time and consideration to make these things compatible , this is not my first issue with this, it would seem the ps4 web browser isnt capable of streaming pretty much anything including youtube videos, please do something about this, until then i guess ill just keep listening to podcast beyond on the ps4’s ign app

+ Zoey1983 on December 20th, 2013 at 1:18 am said:

Your US customers are still waiting desperatly for the The Walking Dead 2: Season Pass – Where is it considering the EU got it already on day one?

+ unouno123 on December 20th, 2013 at 10:22 am said:

@JesseJames1209
Yes, the PS4 is not very media friendly. That is the main reason I am waiting to see if they are going to fix it with an update before I buy. I gues I became spoiled by the PS3 which has both media and good gaming.

+ dizeeStL on December 20th, 2013 at 10:52 am said:

Thanks for the reply about the TWD season pass Sid.

I think alot of us do not mind waiting for whenever it comes to the store, but the lack of communication that has been out there has been the frustrating part because this also happened with The Wolf Among Us and they gave a clear ETA on when it would be up to purchase.

+ viceforce on December 20th, 2013 at 12:45 pm said:

Is there a platinum for this game? A lot of players have been upset about that?

+ viceforce on December 20th, 2013 at 12:46 pm said:

Sry let me repost that is there a Platinum for TWD Season 2?

+ SNAKE-EYES73 on December 20th, 2013 at 1:04 pm said:

Sony you haven’t learned nothing after reading up on PS3-4? Restrictions after Restrictions!! So no Cd playback no custom sound tracks etc what a ripoff in my opinion!! Its then to me not worth $399.99! You might as well sell this console to kids then because I’m not falling for treachery anymore Sony! Have a nice day Zzzzzzzz Whatever happened to innovative idea’s in this miserable future???

+ supvic on December 20th, 2013 at 1:37 pm said:

@21, are you implying that the blogcast team created the PS4? Sony have said they’ll be patching in CD and mp3 playback and hopefully custom soundtracks (I use the Astro mixamp so I already can).

+ theangrystickman on December 20th, 2013 at 3:19 pm said:

add me to your psn theangrystickman

+ rabidninjamonky on December 20th, 2013 at 3:41 pm said:

@ Justin I agree that Bioshock’s gameplay doesn’t really hold up anymore, and yeah taking pictures was really annoying, but it was so original when it first came out. I was blown away when I first played it. The “would you Kindly” revelation at the end blew my mind also. I really loved exploring Rapture too. I felt like with Infinite, I was being rushed through Columbia. I also thought Infinite’s story was kinda boring until the end, but both games are great. Minerva’s Den dlc for Bioshock 2 is my favorite single player dlc ever as well.

+ Airwalkinman17 on December 20th, 2013 at 4:25 pm said:

Absolutely love your show. Your labor of love truly shows. Keep up the good work guys.

+ jayrockslife on December 26th, 2013 at 2:54 pm said:

After listening to this episode, i am now interested in checking out Diablo 3 when it launches on PS4.