PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

PlayStation Plus: Urban Trial Freestyle Free on Vita for Members

Kristine Steimer's Avatar + Posted by Kristine Steimer on Dec 30, 2013 // Sr. Community Specialist

Let’s face it, you probably have some time to kill before New Year’s Eve. Starting tomorrow Urban Trial Freestyle is free for PlayStation Plus members, so download it on your PS Vita before heading out to celebrate. If you find yourself in a boring conversation, excuse yourself to the restroom and mess around with some bike trials where you’ll attempt to pull off tricks like backflips, ollies and 360s. For those with a more competitive streak, you can challenge other riders with Ghost Mode. As addictive as Urban Trial Freestyle is, try not to spend the entire party in the bathroom. That can give the wrong impression.

PlayStation Plus Update 12-30-2013

PlayStation Plus: Instant Game Collection

Urban Trial Freestyle (PS Vita)
Urban Trial Freestyle

Free for PS Plus members

Don’t miss the ultimate urban trial freestyle game for PS Vita system! The city is your playground! Nothing will stop you on your freestyle trials bike. Use the urban landscape to pull spectacular tricks – backflips, 360s, wallrides, ollies, and more. Customize your bike to boost your performance in Time Attack or Stunt mode. Choose between speed and style, developing your own unique riding style.

PlayStation Plus: Last Chance

If you’ve got feedback on today’s Plus update make sure vote in the poll and leave a comment below. To discuss all things PlayStation, including this update, you can also head over to the PlayStation Community Forums where you’ll find topics you can contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself.

188 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ DEVIL-TAKOYAKI on December 30th, 2013 at 8:02 am said:

Thank you! :))

+ Ryumoau on December 30th, 2013 at 8:04 am said:

Wow…no sales at all. Really bad week.

At least January lineup looks great (except for the vita game ).

+ xInkx- on December 30th, 2013 at 8:04 am said:

” Try not to spend the entire party in the bathroom. That can give the wrong impression.” – Haha

+ MakMan333 on December 30th, 2013 at 8:04 am said:

I was thinking about purchasing Alice:Madness Returns because it’s cheapest on PSN. Would you say that is a silly idea or a good one? Because I was thinking about picking up Brothers on PSN last week and, well….

+ gldoorii on December 30th, 2013 at 8:04 am said:

Nice. Hopefully there are more Vita discounts coming soon.

+ Breno_Gilmour on December 30th, 2013 at 8:06 am said:

I miss some great Dynamic Themes in Plus for Free… and no more discounts this year? Maybe on Rocksmith?

+ Superstone on December 30th, 2013 at 8:06 am said:

is Music unlimited still discounted for PS Plus members? $9.99 a month is kind of steep.

+ PainOfSarrow on December 30th, 2013 at 8:08 am said:

Ethan: Meteor Hunter is worth the 8$ i paid for. as for this update. its just as empty as GameLimits brain is.

+ SynGamer on December 30th, 2013 at 8:10 am said:

Was really hoping for some sales or something to finish out the year…

+ Xer0Signal on December 30th, 2013 at 8:10 am said:

Urban Trials is a pretty decent game. Gets a little too tough, at points, though. Glad more people will be able to check it out once it’s up.

Question though, the blog post says “You can download Urban Trial Freestyle and take advantage of all these PS Plus discounts after the PlayStation Store updates tomorrow, 12/31″ however, I don’t see any discounts to take advantage from. Typo?

+ HorrorCollector on December 30th, 2013 at 8:11 am said:

“You can download Urban Trial Freestyle and take advantage of all these PS Plus discounts after the PlayStation Store updates tomorrow, 12/31.”

What discounts? Are they not listed or are there just none?

+ ioshi_US on December 30th, 2013 at 8:12 am said:

Unit 13

+ Thiago_Bandicoot on December 30th, 2013 at 8:15 am said:

Where are the sales???

+ Vinxek25 on December 30th, 2013 at 8:16 am said:

No sales this week? That was what I was waiting for :/

+ poodude on December 30th, 2013 at 8:19 am said:

Thanks for the great year, Plus team!

+ Satnamji on December 30th, 2013 at 8:21 am said:

@7 Do a free trial of Music Unlimited if still available first if you are really interested. I did a year sub with last year’s Plus promo and the service stincts. Constant disconnects in the PS3 app. YMMV.

+ Michzadood on December 30th, 2013 at 8:24 am said:

discount where are you??

+ GoldenShaka on December 30th, 2013 at 8:26 am said:

Well, You have to understand the strategy here. We had some good discounts in previous weeks with the holiday sales (it seems that it won’t be a “Last day of the year sale”), they know that this week is not a holiday week for the store, so they showed a preview of January (really early) to maintain the enthusiasm, the problem is that there are people as me that prefer sales instead of IGC. So, i hope to find a good regular sale tomorrow. Regards people.

+ ezeka_matthew on December 30th, 2013 at 8:30 am said:

I was really hoping for a few more sales. Specifically, I was hoping for a sale on Killzone: Mercenary. I loved the beta, but 35.99 is just too steep of a price for my budget. I’m not asking for it, or any other Vita game for free. Twenty bucks is just easier on the wallet. Oh well, guess my money goes to Steam this week.

+ carlpain on December 30th, 2013 at 8:32 am said:

Time to kill? I wish. I’ve to work the whole week.

+ carlpain on December 30th, 2013 at 8:33 am said:

@18: I’m one of those. For me sales are more important.

+ Chirpe on December 30th, 2013 at 8:34 am said:

Racing games aren’t exactly my cup of tea, but I’ve been pleasantly surprised by other games before. I might as well try it.

+ mvillatoro on December 30th, 2013 at 8:35 am said:

Why europe discount and we do not have?
Please answer me.

+ OneMoreVillain on December 30th, 2013 at 8:46 am said:

No sales? Very lame way to end the year if true.

+ duke301 on December 30th, 2013 at 8:50 am said:

Urban Trial Freestyle doesn’t appeal to me at all. At the very least I was hoping for some sales. Why even update the store at all simply to add some lame title to Plus?

+ Demonhunter84 on December 30th, 2013 at 8:50 am said:

Glad there’s no sales tomorrow. I guess we have to wait ill January to get discounts since it makes sense as December was full of games on sale.

+ Adampro123 on December 30th, 2013 at 8:50 am said:

A Vita game and no sales at all? I was hoping you guys would try to match some of xboxlive’s new years deals. Honestly a very disappointing week.

+ CraddaPoosta on December 30th, 2013 at 8:57 am said:

I’m not even mad. When DmC and BioShock: Infinite come out later this month, no one will be complaining at all.

Still easily the best month of PS+ since I became a subscriber in November of 2012.

+ Cancerebro on December 30th, 2013 at 9:06 am said:

That’s it? No sales or anything? Umm, OK.

+ Megrim23 on December 30th, 2013 at 9:08 am said:

The free PS3 content we get in January is great! Also anything free for the PS4 is nice considering its only been out 1 1/2 months. Vita content for January though I’ll have to say is weak. Its not a big deal though because I’m sure Sony will come thru for Vita owners with the February Vita anniversary sale like they did a couple weeks last year. Until then I’ll b holding off on buying Vita games more than likely unless I see a deal too good to pass up.

+ Knightedrik on December 30th, 2013 at 9:14 am said:

GIVE US PEGGLE 2!

That is all.

+ Boe50 on December 30th, 2013 at 9:34 am said:

Just want say thank you for a very game filled year. You have successfully helped me to fill my spare time with a plethora of excellent games and I look forward to 2014 and all the games coming down the pipe. Happy New Year to everyone at Sony and Playstation.

+ Tremulan777 on December 30th, 2013 at 9:45 am said:

gravity rush DLCs discount please.

+ RoII_chan on December 30th, 2013 at 9:47 am said:

@33 IKR? we need this!

Also, no sales? whats going on?

+ Darkz01-US on December 30th, 2013 at 9:50 am said:

how disappointing….
no sales at all…

+ greghove79 on December 30th, 2013 at 10:19 am said:

What an absolutely pathetic week for Plus. I was anticipating at least *some* decent sales, considering this is the last Plus offering of 2013. But no, nothing. Garbage pile. Very disappointed.

+ DarkDuckJustice on December 30th, 2013 at 10:19 am said:

Great year of Plus!

Sadly, this is my last post… of the year! ;-) That’s right, I made one of those jokes.

+ Ace-Steven on December 30th, 2013 at 10:29 am said:

disappointing to see a psp game for January for Vita.

+ dodgedoors on December 30th, 2013 at 10:36 am said:

I too am surprised by this no sale thing. It seemed like there was going to be one more week of sales and then nothing. I think you really dropped the ball on this one sony. Especially saying that the store is not releasing anything new this week. Now What I am really surprised about and that no one else is talking about this, is the fact that not only do we only get 1 PS4 game a month, but that there will only ever be 2 PS4 games at a time on the IGC? That is very interesting.

+ saab01 on December 30th, 2013 at 10:39 am said:

I dont like how older games stay in the IGC

Example

Galaga
Ico
Shadow of the colossus

While a newer game like Grid 2 comes last month and now is leaving I hope this is not a new trend.

+ FJ1100_rider on December 30th, 2013 at 10:51 am said:

@4 , alice madness returns was a deep discount game on plus ( 80% off ) just a few months back so I dunbt it will be free anytime soon , so if you think the price is good and they won;t have a sale again anytime soon buy it

@39 , Sony posted last week that is was the last week of the holiday sale and posted a week ago that the drop was the last one f the year , that should have told you there would be no new releases this week and no sales and if that wasn’t enough there have been xero posts since last monday about new releases or new games this week on psn

@40 , this is not a trend , its happened a lot where a game will be in the igc for one or two months max , some stay for several months and some all year but to make room they have to remove two or three a month and its up the the developers how long they’ll keep their games in the igc
cycling in new games while keeping really popular games like sotc in the icg to bring in new members s just smart

+ Reshes on December 30th, 2013 at 10:52 am said:

To everyone panicking about the lack of sales, they are shown with the Playstation Store update tomorrow alongside price drops. Calm down and keep gaming! Sheesh.

+ Souledge94 on December 30th, 2013 at 10:59 am said:

surprised no sales shown on this page.

+ siriusbee on December 30th, 2013 at 11:04 am said:

I have a related question for the team: How long in the bathroom at the party will be *too long*?

+ Dangisuckatgamin on December 30th, 2013 at 11:05 am said:

Bad week I agree.
And to VITA users who are complaining that January sucks for VITA, well it’s because Vita sales suck too.
VITA won’t be around as long as your hoping. PS4 will basically replace your free games.

+ TXCScorpion on December 30th, 2013 at 11:06 am said:

@42

Don’t waste your time eh. If people haven’t figured that out now they never will. Every week I read through the PS+ update with everyone complaining about no sales and I contemplate posting as you have but in the end it’s just the same thing the next week.

Though there may not be any New Years sales (which would be surprising if there isn’t) they usually at least have the price changes and random sales listed with the Tuesday update. Hope for some random goodies then.

Also for those who don’t know, they never list weekly sales on this page. This update if specifically for PS+ sales, not sales in general.

+ dkarlowicz10 on December 30th, 2013 at 11:13 am said:

It has been a great year for both PS3 and PS Vita. Hopefully there will be some great games announced for Vita and PS4 for 2014.

+ Nurotsuki on December 30th, 2013 at 11:24 am said:

no sales :(

+ jmmd_01 on December 30th, 2013 at 11:26 am said:

amazing year plus team i’m grateful!

+ GummyCore on December 30th, 2013 at 11:42 am said:

@46, I am afraid you are the one who has mistaken how these blogs work. Each week there is a “the drop” post, which shows the new titles/DLCs added to the store. Then there is a “PS plus update”, like this one. Lastly there will be the “PS store update” post.

If there is any sales for the week, typically some of those items on sale will have further discounts for PS+ members. Thus they will be listed in the “PS plus update” post too, prior to the “PS store update” post.

Just take a look at last week’s entries:
PS Plus Update (posted Dec 23): blog.us.playstation.com/2013/12/23/ps-plus-sonic-all-stars-racing-transformed-free-for-members/
PS Store Update (posted Dec 24): blog.us.playstation.com/2013/12/24/playstation-store-update-326/

The holiday sales titles for the week were sneak peeked in the PS+ update post.

Unless there is a Year End sale to be announced tomorrow in the PS Store update with no additional discount for PS+ members, there is no sale this week, period. (Or unless there is a YE sale with such a super long list that they can’t add them all to this PS+ Update… like the Europe one, they only mentioned in their PS+ post that a January Sale is coming.)

PAGE 1 2 3 4