PS4 - Transistor

God of War Collection Coming to PS Vita May 6th

Cory Barlog's Avatar + Posted by Cory Barlog on Feb 10, 2014 // Sony Santa Monica Studios

Sly Cooper Collection on PS Vita

Hungry for more of another PlayStation franchise you know and love? Wish you could experience the thrill of thieving with your best pals on the go? Have you always questioned the concept of pants? You’re in luck — Sly Cooper Collection is coming to PS Vita on May 27th!

Sly Cooper Collection on PS Vita

The Sly Collection features all three original PlayStation 2 action-packed classic hits; Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racconus, Sly 2: Band of Thieves and Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves fully remastered in high definition and optimized for PS Vita.

The Sly Collection for PS Vita sees the mischievous raccoon and his gang of eccentric friends pull off daring heists in this entertaining platformer adventure. Packed full with mini-games and thrilling missions from across the globe, The Sly Collection masterfully blends stealth, thievery, combat, strategy and exploration into one huge world.

- Caley Roberts, Producer

All of the work in my career is an important part of making me who I am but the first two ‘God of War’ games were truly the catalysts for a creative A-Bomb… and no small amount of F-Bomb’s too. ‘God of War’ 1 and 2 changed the course of my career forever and nothing could please me more than to see them getting released on the Vita. We did some amazing work with the controls, seamless integration of an epic story into a load-free experience, and now that can be taken with you ANYWHERE!!

God of War Collection on PS Vita

While I did not have a direct involvement in the actual process of bringing the epic-ness to the Vita I still feel an amazing connection to the release of these games, and a huge amount of respect for the wizards who made it possible. I would not be writing this if it weren’t for those two blood-soaked PS2 discs. Well, that’s not true, I would be writing this but it would be with a well-worn crayon on the padded walls of a comfy cell in one of California fine institutions for the creatively insane, and the only person who would read it would be my doctor – strangely, played by that condescending psychiatrist from ‘Terminator 2’. (I would probably be insistent that robots are going to take over the world too – because they are.)

Where were we? Oh yeah, how the GOW collection on Vita is going to be awesome. I actually just finished an inflight session of Persona 4 Golden on my super sweet import Vita 2000 – I freaking love my new Vita. To be able to replay those two games on the go is awesome, a little Perseus fight at 33,000 feet? Yes please. Sure, Sony pays me to make games but they don’t make me say that. Actually, I imagine that most of the time they are standing by with black markers, like those stone faced twins in ‘Good Morning Vietnam’, (who are also in the aforementioned Terminator 2) waiting to redact any accidental slip…like me ‘allegedly’ accidentally announcing God of War on the PS3 way back when– oops.

If you haven’t played the games, never been a better time to check out portable version of the originals that started it all. How much would you pay for this on-the-go awesomeness? A million dollars, right? I would, but that is only because I truly have no concept of money, that’s why no one lets me handle it. I would own the original boulder prop from ‘Raiders of the Lost Ark’ right now if they did. It would be great but I would be broke. I am sure you can all handle your own money so grab the sweet Vita double pack when it releases with an MSRP of $29.99 on May 6th.

God of War Collection on PS VitaGod of War Collection on PS Vita

Here are some of the awesome Vita screens the marketing robots asked me to share with you…or was it the voices?

Sidebar… I recently had an incredibly magical moment with my new Vita and PS4. Yes, I know, I work with this stuff all day so how in the world can I have a magic moment with it, right? My wife and her sister were watching a movie in the living room where the PS4 was located, something I was none too interested in watching, so I hung out in the other room intent on playing some Assassin’s Creed IV via Remote Play. Just as I settled into a comfy chair and tapped the PS4 icon on the Vita I realized I forgot to turn on the ps4 – DOH! Being the lazy bastard I am I sat internally debating if I wanted to get up and risk burning my eyes from seeing even a small amount of the Hunger Games in order to turn on the PS4 or just play some OlliOlli instead. Well, in my moments of hesitation the Remote Play selection came up, so I just tapped the button out of pure sense memory and what did I see? The readout telling me it was turning the PS4 on. WHAT??? After a few seconds the PS4 menu popped up on my Vita, I started AC IV and proceeded to plunder booty, lag free – like a Swede.

Yeah, it’s a small thing, I know…but, to me, it was a magical moment. Perhaps this is something everyone knows, but I felt that childlike sense of discovery and wonder. Even if it was just for a fleeting moment, it was great.

Visit GodofWar.com and sms.playstation.com or follow @SonySantaMonica on Twitter for the latest God of War news.

85 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ SlyCooperFan100 on February 10th, 2014 at 2:34 pm said:

SLY COLLECTION ON VITA! Day One purchase!!

+ Shoryyuken on February 10th, 2014 at 2:35 pm said:

Awesome! What about games like Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker hitting the Vita in its HD remastered state? Also where’s that Borderlands 2 info? What about Final Fantasy Type-O?!

SONY! GIVE ME GAMES! I PLAY EVERYTHING & I CAN’T STOP

+ KrayzieCali on February 10th, 2014 at 2:37 pm said:

wow you did’t know the vita can turn on the PS4 for remote play i find that hard to believe. it is an awesome feature though

+ gerneric123 on February 10th, 2014 at 2:38 pm said:

“Wait, what? God of War 1 and 2 are coming to Vita? Are you frakking kidding me? YEAAAAHH!!!”

Welcome to E3 2013, where GoW Collection was announced for Vita.

Is this going to run at subnative resolution, and sub 30fps?

+ Teflon02 on February 10th, 2014 at 2:41 pm said:

This game took so long I don’t have a interest in it really anymore. I would gladly get sly and maybe this, but I say no to both, after the disgrace that was released by the name of Jak collection on Vita I don’t trust these. I hope Ratchet comes, I’d take a chance with that collection.
Can it be confirmed these will be running 60fps and native vita res?

+ Sonicfan11589 on February 10th, 2014 at 2:43 pm said:

YES Sly collection officially announced!! It was rated by ESRB quite some time ago, can’t wait to platinum those Sly games again. I’ll probably pick up God of War as well.

Please consider releasing Ratchet and Clank Collection on Vita as well.

+ RE_Player on February 10th, 2014 at 2:44 pm said:

I’m more excited for the Sly Cooper Collection to be honest. Beat them all on PS3 but would love to do it again on Vita.

+ jeremy23jacinto on February 10th, 2014 at 2:44 pm said:

does it have different trophies set from ps3 version? because i have all god of war platinums

+ Teflon02 on February 10th, 2014 at 2:44 pm said:

If it doesn’t run crap or lower then the PS2 games I’ll likely get em both. PS Sly better have cell shading unlike Sly 4 on Vita

+ JoltC00 on February 10th, 2014 at 2:46 pm said:

Are them cross buys?

+ plaztiksyke on February 10th, 2014 at 2:47 pm said:

The other ports are significant problems with sub-native resolution, and major framerate issues. Will these games be native Vita resolution and play @ 60fps like the PS3 versions?

Will the God of War plank-walking frustration be fixed? Will Sly Cooper’s character models be updated?

Sly’s eyes and Bentley’s head looked particularly chunky on the PS3 version, whereas head/face models in other PS2 classics (like Shadow of the Colossus) were re-authored with more polys and better textures.

Any tech updates that will get patched into the PS3 versions? cross-save?

Why aren’t Chains of Olympus and Ghosts of Sparta included here with Vita-native resolution and the PS3′s remastered models/textures? I’d hate to see a quintuple-dip on different God of War “HD” versions like we saw on the PS3.

Any discounts for existing owners of the PS3 versions?

+ DaNTi3L on February 10th, 2014 at 2:47 pm said:

Yes please to both

+ Ninevolts on February 10th, 2014 at 2:48 pm said:

Better framerate, please. Jak colection on Vita was unplayable.

+ fatdog21 on February 10th, 2014 at 2:49 pm said:

im soooo happy to hear about this and the price is right. just one thing……please please make sure the frame rate on those game is at lease 30fps. we dnt need another jak and daxter :/…..

+ Gorvi on February 10th, 2014 at 2:50 pm said:

Will either of these be cross save?

+ xClayMeow on February 10th, 2014 at 2:51 pm said:

It still bugs me that the PSP games aren’t included. How about PSN codes for the two GoW PSP games are provided at pre-order bonuses?! PLEASE!

+ KazeEternal on February 10th, 2014 at 2:57 pm said:

I guess we can assume these won’t be Cross Save?

+ Figboy on February 10th, 2014 at 2:58 pm said:

I’m such a God of War, Sly Cooper slave, that I bought them on PS2, bought the HD Collections on PS3, and will be buying the Vita HD Collection. Now just give me Vita Ico/SOTC, and Vita R&C, and I’ll be the happiest gamer ever.

+ TheExiled12894 on February 10th, 2014 at 2:58 pm said:

How about Soul Sacrifice Delta, OreShika 2 & Freedom Wars confirmations Sony?

+ ghostaljjic on February 10th, 2014 at 2:59 pm said:

awesome. I wouldn’t mind seeing a PS4 port bundle of gow 3 and ascension.

+ ferrers405 on February 10th, 2014 at 3:04 pm said:

Sly Collection, day one for me! Now all we need is Ratchet & Clank Collection on Vita, do it Sony!

+ Vyprstryke on February 10th, 2014 at 3:11 pm said:

Sly Collection for me as well!! That should prolly have its own post tho, guys =)

+ Davidgui on February 10th, 2014 at 3:12 pm said:

Sly collection on Vita sounds awesome! I love those games so I may pick it up sometime.
I really hope you guys consider a Team ICO Collection for Vita too. I would love to play Shadow of the Colossus on the Vita’s glorious OLED screen!

+ JKar275 on February 10th, 2014 at 3:15 pm said:

Isn’t it about time that some brand new AAA sci-fi shooter/RPG games came to the Vita?

Killzone: Mercenary & Resistance: Burning Skies have been the only meaningful AAA sci-fi shooter games for the Vita.

I love my Vita but I’m getting sick & tired of seeing mostly low-budget games (or ports of older games on different platforms) coming out on the Vita.

+ D-Squad3 on February 10th, 2014 at 3:20 pm said:

New trophy list? And great to hear from you Mr. Barlog!

+ DarkOne_PR on February 10th, 2014 at 3:30 pm said:

port ports ports….. GIVE ME GRAVITY RUSH 2! Phantasy star online 2! Monster Hunter 4! FFtype0 Vita version!

+ IIL0YDII on February 10th, 2014 at 3:34 pm said:

Who’s porting the game? Last time Jak & Daxter was ported horribly.

+ therealagent81 on February 10th, 2014 at 3:38 pm said:

Last time you guys did a port, it was Jak and Daxter. I bought it Day 1 and I was disappointed to find a terrible port with spotty controls and awful framerate. I am excited to get God of War and Sly Cooper on my Vita, don’t get me wrong, but I will not be picking it up Day 1 until I hear if it holds up to their PS3 counterparts in terms of playability. Hopefully Sony proves me wrong and makes these ports just as good as FFX!

+ Gamerzlimited on February 10th, 2014 at 3:39 pm said:

As much as I really enjoyed both God of Wars story wise, I don’t think there’s much replay value to the games after beating them. GoW’s Challenge of the Gods gets stale really quickly and GoW2′s Arena of the Fates mode is way too difficult to unlock. I think I might pass on this.

As for the Sly Cooper Collection, I will definitely consider it. Although I beat all of them last year on my PS3 with the Sly Collection. I’m a huge fan of the franchise (Way more than Jak & Daxter and Ratchet & Clank). Also with the exception of Honor Among Thieves, these are very easy to get platinum trophies on. Just hope the framerate isn’t terrible and decent as Thieves in Time.

Also, I don’t care if there’s more ports on Vita. In fact, I want more of them. Sometimes I miss my PS3 when I’m on vacation, so it’s nice to play my favorites console games on the go.

+ Mando44646 on February 10th, 2014 at 3:44 pm said:

Meh. Games that have been available on PS2 and then PS3 for years on end. I’d prefer news on new, original Vita games

+ subsamuel01 on February 10th, 2014 at 3:49 pm said:

I hope they run smoothly, the Jak and Ratchet ports were really bad almost unplayable.

+ nikrel on February 10th, 2014 at 3:52 pm said:

Why was Ghost of Sparta & Chains of Olympus not included?

+ Xoombie503 on February 10th, 2014 at 3:58 pm said:

sweet ive been waiting for this and to my surprise,the sly collection is coming too.

+ genius527 on February 10th, 2014 at 4:01 pm said:

Definetly, getting this game because the game looks raw man!!! Actually i wanted to get that game along time a go and i couldn’t because i was doing stuff, so YEAH!!! i’m getting that game evenually i will get it on May 6th(2014)!!!

+ J-tight on February 10th, 2014 at 4:09 pm said:

love it playstationMVP

+ genius527 on February 10th, 2014 at 4:15 pm said:

Playstation!!! Love playstation too!! The games the game systems and more man, even one of the games called God of War.

+ alexroedor on February 10th, 2014 at 4:23 pm said:

AWESSOME!!! THANK YOU SONY!!! THANK YOU!!! The GOD OF WAR for VITA!!! THANK YOU.

+ cortiz2092000 on February 10th, 2014 at 4:26 pm said:

Sweet I’ll be sure to pick up sly cooper collection, but I think I’ll skip out on god of war collection ( most likely pick it up at a later date)…. Hope to here news on rachet and clank hd collection :)… And maybe even onimusha hd collection would be badass

+ Rezznak on February 10th, 2014 at 4:29 pm said:

CORY BARLOG = BEST GoW game director. Looking forward to what you have cooking!

+ dkarlowicz10 on February 10th, 2014 at 4:30 pm said:

Yes. I look forward to both. You know what else would be awesome Shadow of the Colossus and Ico HD collection and Ratchet and Clank Trilogy.

+ genius527 on February 10th, 2014 at 4:34 pm said:

DANG!!! Everybody is so happy today for God Of War for vita or ps vita i’m happy too because god of war looks like a cool game!! It’s just that i don’t know, just “DANG PEOPLE”!!!

+ angibri2000 on February 10th, 2014 at 4:42 pm said:

Speechless! Guess i’ll have to play them again! Also, Ratchet and Clank collection please!!! ^_^

+ Elvick_ on February 10th, 2014 at 4:55 pm said:

Finally, Sly Collection confirmed for PS Vita. Day 1. I’m so ready to platinum those games again, especially in preparation for the movie. :D

Now, where’s the Ratchet and Clank trilogy? I need it. D:

Glad about God of War Collection too. I still haven’t really played God of War 2. xP So I’ll probably actually do so on Vita! :D

+ CommandingTiger on February 10th, 2014 at 4:57 pm said:

Enough with rehashes!
We want new games on it.
Stop making kiddy games, they aren’t selling.
Know your audience. Nintendo does “It is kids” but yours is the more mature growd that can afford a luxurious item such as the PS Vita.
Also, people are willing to pay 50$ for high quality games on the Vita.
That 50$ could incite a lot of potential games onto the platform as it would give more leverage “money” for the developpers to make the game for the platform and to use it’s functions “Dual Analog”.

You tried to go for the Nintendo kids market and failed to be a worthy successor to the PSP.
Rectify this situation…. no Rehash games aren’t the answer, it’s a short term answer.

Make more Uncharted Golden Abyss Retail games, it would still sell a lot.

You also need more studios. You closed them too early, now the PS4 is a success and you lost some good studios. Make new ones to make more PS4 games (if the franchise is a success, then make a new one on Vita).

The Last of Us on Vita would move a lot of consoles. Better if made by a small team @ Naughty Dog.

+ audio79 on February 10th, 2014 at 5:02 pm said:

will there be a ps vita bundle with a red vita that would be nice!!!

+ Brooklyn008 on February 10th, 2014 at 5:10 pm said:

Damn… Nice Vita announcements! Borderlands 2 bundle, now this? Sweet. Glad I already have mine :) bring on those games!!!

+ TeKn1qe187 on February 10th, 2014 at 5:11 pm said:

Thank you Sony!!!

+ Elvick_ on February 10th, 2014 at 5:12 pm said:

@44: Kindly be quiet.

+ genius527 on February 10th, 2014 at 5:16 pm said:

Yeah so never herd of Borderlands 2 bundle for ps vita and yeah just some New Games on ps vita come’n out thats all!! And again “DANG” “PEOPLE”!!!

+ CatatonicAlex on February 10th, 2014 at 5:18 pm said:

Hopefully they’re not bad ports like the Jak and Daxter collection.

PAGE 1 2