Uncharted 4

Invizimals Coming to PS3 and PS Vita in North America

Derek Osgood's Avatar + Posted by Derek Osgood on Feb 10, 2014 // Associate Product Marketing Manager, Sony Computer Entertainment America

Invizimals: The Alliance on PS Vita

Hi PlayStation fans, we have some exciting news to share with you today! The popular creature hunting franchise, Invizimals, is returning to PlayStation this year in the Americas. The franchise began as a series of innovative PSP titles in which players hunted down and battled elusive Invizimals using the PSP camera. Today, we’re happy to confirm that Invizimals: The Alliance and Invizimals: The Lost Kingdom will be coming to PS Vita and PS3 (respectively) later this year.

Invizimals: The Alliance is the next step in the evolution from the PSP games to the PS Vita. Players will hunt, capture, and battle creatures in order to save the Invizimals from the evil Xtractor Industries robots which have invaded their world. Invizimals: The Alliance brings next-gen AR gaming to your fingertips with new Markerless AR technology and a variety of capture mini-games using the PS Vita controls. You’ll have hours of fun trying to track them all down and battling your friends in the all-new 4-player battle system.

Invizimals: The Alliance on PS Vita

Invizimals: The Alliance on PS VitaInvizimals: The Alliance on PS Vita

Invizimals: The Lost Kingdom is the first foray onto PS3 for the Invizimals in an all new 3D action-adventure game. Take control of Hiro as he’s sent to the Invizimals’ world to save the Lost Kingdom. Venture into the Invizimals’ world and use your Z-com to transform into 16 of your favorite Invizimals, each with their own unique powers and abilities. You can also cooperatively with a story that syncs with the Vita game, Invizimals: The Alliance, and fight in co-op battle arenas with up to four cross-play opponents on PS3 or PS Vita.

Invizimals: The Lost Kingdom on PS3

Invizimals: The Lost Kingdom on PS3Invizimals: The Lost Kingdom on PS3

The Invizimals franchise has long been a smash-hit in Europe and its success overseas has spawned a variety of new ways for kids to join the hunt for the Invizimals. Panini has created a trading card game with a corresponding Invizimals Hidden Challenges App for iOS/Android/PSP/PS Vita. IMC Toys is launching a full line of toys ranging from mini-figures, to large action-figures, to giant playsets and a new animated TV series has been released in Europe following Hiro’s battle against the Xtractor Robots in the world of the Invizimals. The series will utilize TVAR technology to allow kids to capture Invizimals through their TV by using their PS Vita and smartphones. Those are just a few ways that Invizimals have taken over Europe, now it’s time for them to make the journey overseas to North America!

Stay tuned later this year for more details on the games and more!

+ YorlecmNwahs on February 10th, 2014 at 2:36 pm said:

Loved this game on PSP. Hopefully the updates to the Vita game makes me fall in love with it all over again.

+ Nick Accordino on February 10th, 2014 at 3:03 pm said:

Thanks! We’re really stoked to be able to bring the series back to the states, and we think you’ll love the new entries!

+ jeremy23jacinto on February 10th, 2014 at 2:43 pm said:

OMG i remember playing this on psp. can’t wait to get in my vita

+ Nick Accordino on February 10th, 2014 at 3:06 pm said:

Thanks Jeremey! I think you’ll love it!

+ Geos59 on February 10th, 2014 at 2:43 pm said:

Must get!

+ Nick Accordino on February 10th, 2014 at 3:06 pm said:

Thanks! :) Let me know if you have any questions!

+ RE_Player on February 10th, 2014 at 2:46 pm said:

Actually interested in this. Always wanted to check out the series on PSP but never did.

+ Nick Accordino on February 10th, 2014 at 3:08 pm said:

Then it’s a great time to jump in! As noted above, the PS3 and VITA games actually share a multiplayer mode, so any Invizimals that you capture in either game can be traded back and forth and battle with each other!
    Thanks for the interest!

+ davidxraw on February 10th, 2014 at 2:49 pm said:

Please don’t forget to provide us with a demo on the PlayStation 3.

+ Nick Accordino on February 10th, 2014 at 3:09 pm said:

You shall have your demo, davidxraw. While I’m at it, I’ll throw in one for the VITA too. ;) (Thank the Devs, not me!)

+ plaztiksyke on February 10th, 2014 at 3:04 pm said:

more AR games? awesome!!!! I *really, really* want to see AR games on PS4, though — especially in 3D. I’m desperate to play Start the Party, Wonderbook, and EyePet in 1080p 3D @ 60fps. I think it will be *the* wow factor for PS4 given its superior 3D camera that makes it a must-purchase next holiday.

Does the PS3 version of Invizimals render in 3D?

Can you choose to use the AR cards instead of it being marker-less? I really wish Vita AR games would use the color temperature and shadowing it detects on the card to approximate the rendered lighting conditions. It really breaks the “magic” of AR when the rendered things “jump out” of the real environment because there is no lighting whatsoever, or the temperature of the rendered lighting doesn’t match the real environment.

PS: Any estimates on when we’ll see these other AR franchises make it to PS4? ;)

+ plaztiksyke on February 10th, 2014 at 3:05 pm said:

I’m very excited by the co-op play with PS3 and Vita. My husband travels, and we really like playing co-op games between the Vita (he travels with) and the PS3 at home. (When Vikings Attack is one of our favs!) One issue we run into is that some games (Hustle Kings, etc) won’t let us play co-op between the Vita and PS3 versions when we’re logged into the same account. The Vita doesn’t allow changing of PSN accounts, and we want the trophies we get to show up on our one PSN profile, so this is *really* annoying.

Will Invizimals allow us to play remote (not on same network) co-op between the Vita and PS3, with both players using the same PSN login?

+ Nick Accordino on February 10th, 2014 at 3:24 pm said:

Hey plaztiksyke,

Lots of questions – let me see if I can answer them for ya!

I can’t comment on other AR franchises, but thank you for your kind words! Invizimals: The Lost Kingdom (PS3) characters will use 3D character models, although there’s no stereoscopic 3D support to speak of.

Invizimals: The Alliance (VITA) uses marker-less AR as well as the AR Play cards, so you’ll need to use both methods to capture them all!

I’ll have to check back for you about infrastructure co-op on the same login. I believe there’s a “guest” option for a second player without a PSN account, but I don’t believe you’ll be able to play against yourself (same PSN account) across an internet connection.

I hope you enjoy it when it releases! Thanks again for the enthusiasm!

+ LionFranco on February 10th, 2014 at 3:24 pm said:

Thank you thank you thank you!!!

I heard about the Vita version being released in the EU and was hoping that this would come to NA!

I love the PSP versions, and still play them, and i’ll be looking forward to playing the PSVita version!

+ Nick Accordino on February 10th, 2014 at 3:31 pm said:

You’re welcome, you’re welcome, you’re welcome! :)

Can’t wait to hear your impressions! Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks for the support!

+ gerneric123 on February 10th, 2014 at 3:29 pm said:

Is there a chance at the PSP games showing up on PSN for Vita? We never got the third game.

+ Nick Accordino on February 10th, 2014 at 3:31 pm said:

Oh I think there’s a nice chance. ;)

+ Mando44646 on February 10th, 2014 at 3:47 pm said:

Wish there were no AR gimmicks in these games. I’d prefer a purer version of a Pokemon-type game

+ plaztiksyke on February 10th, 2014 at 4:18 pm said:

Thanks for answering some of the questions!

Do you know if the rendering engine takes the lighting/reflection on the AR cards into account when rendering the lighting on the characters?

Too bad about no stereoscopic 3D support in the PS3 game :( Any chance of a patch that introduces it later? Playing Puppeteer in 3D was *amazing* and now I’m kinda hooked on 3D games. If not 3D, is it 1080p native?

Can’t speak for other franchises, but can you speak to Invizimals coming to PS4? Really wanting to see an AR game that uses the 3D camera and renders in stereoscopic 3D on the television. Bring on the singularity! ;)

Will there be a demo for PS3 and/or Vita? Will there be a digital bundle available for a discount, Plus or otherwise?

Thanks again!

+ Elvick_ on February 10th, 2014 at 4:44 pm said:

Still bummed we missed the third game on PSP… (and the second EyePet on PSP…)

Are both these going to be retail releases? Day 1 if so. Love the series.

Also, is there any chance of the PSP games being released on PSN? Would love to play them on Vita.

+ Nick Accordino on February 10th, 2014 at 6:48 pm said:

No details on a retail release yet, but please stay tuned! (Hopefully have news for you soon!)

I’d love to see the PSP games on PSN too – I’ll see what I can do. :)

+ Mando44646 on February 10th, 2014 at 5:05 pm said:

Also just realized the article said PS3 and not PS4. Why is it releasing on the last gen console instead of current gen?

+ Elvick_ on February 10th, 2014 at 5:09 pm said:

@13: Because it was announced for PS3 before PS4 was released… because it began development on PS3.

+ Nick Accordino on February 10th, 2014 at 6:49 pm said:

Elvick’s right – development started on PS3 a while ago. Love hearing the enthusiasm for PS4 though!

+ CommandingTiger on February 10th, 2014 at 5:18 pm said:

Finally, they should really show case this @ E3. Along with other great AAA games coming to the system.

+ Nick Accordino on February 10th, 2014 at 6:49 pm said:

Thanks! I’m sure we’ll be there! :)

+ genius527 on February 10th, 2014 at 5:27 pm said:

This game don’t look that cool ok just because the game has effects and coloring in it doesn’t mean it look like a good or cool game, i’m sorry but i just don’t like that game at all and it doesn’t interest me man, not at all!!!(But, still love playstation!!!)

+ ManjoumeThunder on February 10th, 2014 at 6:27 pm said:

And just when I thought I was done getting games this year.

+ Nick Accordino on February 10th, 2014 at 6:49 pm said:

Sorry to add to your game list! Hope you enjoy!

+ srianne on February 10th, 2014 at 7:16 pm said:

wait wait! I ain’t even done with Ragnarok Ordyssey, Persona 4, FFIX and YS yet… but I am ready for this game! :D

+ Nick Accordino on February 11th, 2014 at 7:44 am said:

Awesome to hear, srianne! I think you’ll love it! Make sure to try out Invizimals: The Lost Kingdom on the PS3 as well!

+ tusunami on February 10th, 2014 at 7:46 pm said:

Uh Oh this is the new Pokemon for the PS Vita I like it!!!!!!!!

+ Nick Accordino on February 11th, 2014 at 7:44 am said:

It’s a good bit different than that, but I think you’ll love it all the same!

+ Elvick_ on February 10th, 2014 at 8:02 pm said:

Thanks for the reply Nick. How we can get retail copies! Vita especially needs more games on the shelves so people know that the Vita actually has games to play. PSN only stuff certainly doesn’t help the presence of the Vita at retail.

+ Nick Accordino on February 11th, 2014 at 7:45 am said:

My pleasure! And thanks for the support – I love seeing lots of VITA games on shelves when I walk into stores too. Promise we’ll do our best for you!

+ Nettacki01 on February 10th, 2014 at 11:08 pm said:

Is Brian Blessed in this game?

+ Nick Accordino on February 11th, 2014 at 7:45 am said:

Oh is he ever! :)

+ avluis on February 10th, 2014 at 11:58 pm said:

+ DarkOne_PR on February 11th, 2014 at 1:39 am said:

Why Sony hasn’t created a more teen/mature Pokemon Clone for the vita its still beyond my understanding…
If made right and marketed right… the vita would be out of the hole its in

+ DarkOne_PR on February 11th, 2014 at 1:41 am said:

sometimes i wish i could work with sony to give them all the right ideas knowing as well as i do what the customers want…. :(

+ Nick Accordino on February 11th, 2014 at 7:47 am said:

Don’t worry, DarkOne – we’re here listening to you! As long as you keep telling us what you’d like, we’ll keep listening! (And give this a shot – I think it’ll honestly surprise you!)

+ WrekGar on February 11th, 2014 at 8:50 am said:

I have been waiting for this ever since the reveal last year. Never got a chance to play the PSP games so definitely can’t wait to get my hunt on for these creatures. Was kinda hoping the wait was cause a PS4 version was being worked on, glad my PS3 is sittin right next to it’s baby brother to show how gaming s done.

+ Nick Accordino on February 11th, 2014 at 1:38 pm said:

Really glad to hear that WrekGar – happy we could bring these over to you! Both games work together really well, so I’m looking forward to hearing your impressions!

+ S_L_I_C_K–T on February 11th, 2014 at 1:23 pm said:

Will be buying this on my vita and ps3 day one and I hope day one they will be available digital. I’m a digital only gamer. I do not care for cards or disc anymore, the future is cloud and digital so I will buy both versions and any future psp versions digital as well if available on psn. Thanks for making these games and bringing them here in America. Can’t wait to get my copies.

+ Nick Accordino on February 11th, 2014 at 1:40 pm said:

S_L_I_C_K-T, my friend.

What if I were to tell you that both games will not only be available digitally, but that they both have demos for you to try out as well?

Really hope you enjoy them!

+ ItsNymo on February 11th, 2014 at 2:35 pm said:

Finally! I’ve been begging for this to come stateside, and I’m glad that it’s finally happening! Cannot wait to finally pick it up!

+ Begin479 on March 1st, 2014 at 1:02 am said:

Invizimals team I love you soooooooo much. Thank You Finally Me and My Ps Vita Can go on hunt Again like my psp (: hey quick question will we North Americans will have same fun as PSP online mode? Voice and Online Play? If yes I’ll Pre-order if not i’ll still Pre-order (: again Thank you Invizimals Team (: