GTAV PS4

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f Comes to PS Vita Today

Aaron Webber's Avatar + Posted by Aaron Webber on Mar 04, 2014 // Associate Brand Manager, Sega of America

PS Vita owners, rejoice! The big day is finally here, and Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f is available today for download on PlayStation Store for PS Vita in North America!

The game releases on PSN today for $29.99, and for all you European readers, it will be available next week on March 12th in Europe! If you’ve never heard of this game before, here are the basics: Take the world’s most popular digital singer, add in over 30 of her most beloved songs, turn it all into a super-addictive rhythm game, and you’ve got Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f. We released the game last August on PS3, and following huge support from fans, we’re so excited to finally bring you all the PS Vita version of the game today!

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f on PS Vita

We’re also very excited to announce our DLC Cross-Buy promotion, effective immediately for anyone who owns the Snow Miku 2013 DLC or the Extra Characters Pack DLC for the PS3 version of the game. If you already own this DLC content, you’ll unlock it for free when you pick up the PS Vita version of the game! (And vice versa, if you pick it up for PS Vita first.)

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f also comes with a built-in video editor mode, aptly titled “Edit Mode” – here, you can build your very own rhythm game tracks and music videos with all the in-game tools at your disposal! PS Vita owners will also be able to share and download their Edit Data with PS3 users!

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f on PS Vita

Some of you were wondering if we’d bring out the Extra Songs Pack in the West – and we’re happy to confirm not only that it’s available today, but that we’ll be releasing it for only $9.99! We lowered the price on this compared to the Japanese release, because we wanted to ensure that PS Vita owners weren’t paying any more for the full Project Diva experience than their PS3 brethren. We hope you all will enjoy it!

This pack includes the songs below, with four difficulties for each:

• Tell Your World (By livetune)
  • Tokyo Teddy Bear (By Neru)
  • Dream-Eating Monochrome Baku (By Nem)
  • Sweet Devil (By Hachioji P)
  • Rin-Chan Now! (By Owata P & sezu)
  • Senbonzakura (By Kurousa P (White Flame) )

Thank you all so much for helping this Miku dream of ours come true. You’ve been nothing but supportive from the first day we asked for your likes and shares on our Facebook post, and since then, we’ve come all the way to the launch of Project Diva, not just on PS3, but finally today, on PS Vita, too.

It’s a journey we’re so humbled to have made, and so thankful to have traveled with all of you behind us and supporting us.

Happy Miku Vita Launch Day, everyone, and thank you, once more!

+ JeffsonP on March 4th, 2014 at 1:46 pm said:

Will Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f (PS Vita) be available in the Brazilian PS Store?
I can download the demo, but I can’t buy the full game. Why?
The PS3 version is available here…

+ Aaron Webber on March 4th, 2014 at 2:13 pm said:

Checking in on this now. Give it a few more hours and see if it’s live, as I think the store is still updating. (Even if some content appears live.)

In the meantime, just in case it isn’t live in Brazil today, I’ll find out when it will be for you!

+ Aaron Webber on March 4th, 2014 at 5:12 pm said:

Hey Jeff,

I just got a response back – looks like the Brazilian full version for VITA will be live on March 18th. Thanks for your patience!

+ BlueBl1zzard on March 4th, 2014 at 1:55 pm said:

@ RRlolhotdog This is definitely not the place to be asking that. Your best bet would be to visit Rockstar’s site and ask them directly. And Aaron so kindly provided a link for you on page 2 in the comments.

+ Aaron Webber on March 4th, 2014 at 2:14 pm said:

Thanks for the assist, Blizzard. :)

+ Zaul013 on March 4th, 2014 at 2:00 pm said:

Weres My Minecraft On PSVita And Project Diva F Second To?

+ Aaron Webber on March 4th, 2014 at 2:15 pm said:

For Minecraft – no idea. (I’m the SEGA guy!)

For Project DIVA F 2nd, I don’t have any news, but the best thing you can do to support Miku games in the West is to grab a copy of either Project DIVA f on VITA today or DIVA F on PS3!

+ Micrll on March 4th, 2014 at 2:01 pm said:

I am so torn, I was planning on getting this but I’m not sure my Vita’s buttons will survive the onslaught. At least with the PS3 version I can replace the controller separately. Any word on how your ‘test’ vita’s held up to playing diva on them?

Will also have to see about making some space on my memory card, I just put some new stuff on there, might have to clear out a few things.

I know there is no word on F 2nd but any news as soon as it is known would be great, after playing the first one on PS3 I am much much more tempted to import the second one to get more. Oh and thanks for the snow miku crossbuy option :)

Lastly, obligatory comment for some word on PSO2 (even if it is a cancellation announcement), oh and I will be the odd one out and request Yakuza Ishin over 5 :D

+ Aaron Webber on March 4th, 2014 at 2:20 pm said:

Our test VITA units held up just fine – you should be good! Also, thanks for your comment regarding the other Miku items!

As to PSO2 and Yakuza, no news from me, sorry, but I’ll pass on the request, as always!

+ celestial-seraph on March 4th, 2014 at 2:01 pm said:

Glad I can play this on my vita.

+ Aaron Webber on March 4th, 2014 at 2:20 pm said:

We’re glad to bring it out for you. Hope you enjoy, seraph!

+ MOCHIIIx on March 4th, 2014 at 2:20 pm said:

Awesome.
But, I already have the JP version of the game though.. :S

+ Aaron Webber on March 4th, 2014 at 2:27 pm said:

Thanks for grabbing a copy from Japan. If this is the kind of game you’d like to see more of in the West, we need your support now more than ever. Picking up a Western copy helps us prove that the audience is here, and that these are the kinds of projects we should do more of in the future. Every person counts!

+ Jtanooki on March 4th, 2014 at 2:30 pm said:

Damn you guys! I said to myself “I can’t use anymore money for games until april” *sigh*
Guess I’ll just go and play my new downloaded copy of Hatsune Miku for my vita. T.T

+ Aaron Webber on March 4th, 2014 at 3:29 pm said:

Thanks for supporting the game, J! Hope you enjoy it. :)

+ AbsoluteChoice on March 4th, 2014 at 2:36 pm said:

I’m split between getting the vita or ps3 version now. I’ve been looking forward to the vita release since last year, but now am realizing I’ll have to delete most my games off my memory stick, (plus I still have to install dragon’s crown and malicious rebirth once I’m done with uncharted).

Oh well, I’ll still end up with one of the versions by the end of the day.

P.S. I love the inclusion of melancholic on the demo, such a good song!

+ Aaron Webber on March 4th, 2014 at 3:56 pm said:

They’re both good choices – thanks for supporting Miku, either way!

Glad you liked Melancholic, too – that’s a great song to practice on as you move up to the harder difficulties.

+ Gamerzlimited on March 4th, 2014 at 2:56 pm said:

Seriously, you guys should stop asking the SEGA guy unSEGA things. Of course Aaron wouldn’t know anything about that. It’s like asking McDonald’s for a Big Mac.

As for Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f, glad the wait is finally over. Still play it on PS3 and I want to play it on the go. Will be downloading the game later tonight. :)

+ Aaron Webber on March 4th, 2014 at 3:58 pm said:

Thanks very much, Gamerz. Appreciate the support – both times!

+ Nerroth on March 4th, 2014 at 2:59 pm said:

Hello again Aaron,

Will you be keeping an eye on what your new in-laws over at Atlus USA will be doing for Persona 4: Dancing All Night’s North American release in 2015?

And if P4:DAN were to get a physical release, would its fate help or hinder the odds on f 2nd getting a physical release of its own on Vita in the West?

+ Aaron Webber on March 4th, 2014 at 4:04 pm said:

Hi Nerroth,

I don’t have any news on Atlus projects, sorry. Thanks for the question though!

+ X_O-Big_Boss on March 4th, 2014 at 3:20 pm said:

I’ve been waiting for this for so long, downloaded it as soon as I could! I’ve got to say you guy’s priced the dlc and game perfectly, and I hope you’ll localize 2nd next!

Now if you excuse me, I’m aiming to get the Platinum trophy(again) on Miku day.

+ Aaron Webber on March 4th, 2014 at 4:04 pm said:

Glad to hear you found the pricing appropriate. Best of luck on your next Platinum trophy, and thanks for supporting the game!

+ andres71896 on March 4th, 2014 at 3:23 pm said:

So psyched about this! I just recently picked up the ps3 version and I can’t wait to get this one. One question though:how big is the game(in terms of gb)?

+ Aaron Webber on March 4th, 2014 at 4:05 pm said:

The VITA version is about 2.6 GB. If you grab all the DLC, you should try to free up about 3.2- 3.5 GB just to be safe.

+ omg_mjd on March 4th, 2014 at 3:25 pm said:

Thanks so much for this! I already imported the JP version but I’ll be getting this as well. Still one of the best games on my Vita.

+ Aaron Webber on March 4th, 2014 at 4:05 pm said:

Thanks for double-dipping, mjd! Really appreciate the support.

+ MidoriMonkey on March 4th, 2014 at 4:11 pm said:

Hehehehe I hardly ever play a game more than once but this will be the third time for the Project Diva F. Imported the vita one, then bought the ps3 one when it was localized. And I’m still excited to start it again!

Really hoping to see the next Miku game and some Yakuza love – especially 5 and Ishin!

+ Aaron Webber on March 4th, 2014 at 4:37 pm said:

The fabled triple-dip! Thanks so much for supporting Miku again, Midori.

+ Nerroth on March 4th, 2014 at 4:16 pm said:

Sorry, I should have been clearer. I meant to ask if you personally will be looking forward to P4:DAN, and if you think your colleagues’ success with that title may help move the needs on whether of not your own team may bring Project Fiva f 2nd over in physical and/or digital form.

As in, not only would the fate of today’s release be important, but that it may be a good sign for the genre overall if that game does well over here when it gets its turn.

+ Aaron Webber on March 4th, 2014 at 4:57 pm said:

Ah, alright, now I understand. Personally, I think the more excellent rhythm games that we can get in the West, the better!

As to what implications today’s release may have on the future of the Miku series and/or how that could affect other games – that’s a bit too much speculation for me to really comment on, other than noting that people supporting today’s release (and last year’s PS3 release) by picking up a Western copy really do have a direct influence on the growth of the series here.

+ Niko_of_Death on March 4th, 2014 at 4:33 pm said:

It’s too bad this was announced about a month after I imported it.

I might have bought it if it had a physical release, which it sadly does not.

Hopefully we’ll get 2nd quicker.

+ Aaron Webber on March 4th, 2014 at 4:37 pm said:

Thanks for the feedback!

+ omegaliner on March 4th, 2014 at 4:46 pm said:

Hi. Does $9.99 song DLC include $2.99 character DLC as well? I read $9.99 DLC description and it says it also has extra characters?

+ Aaron Webber on March 4th, 2014 at 4:58 pm said:

The Extra Song Pack does include special extra character costumes, but the Extra Charaters Pack is a special set that includes Haku, Neru, and Teto. These are separate and the content is unique to each!

+ TheWintendoHii on March 4th, 2014 at 4:50 pm said:

Hey Aaron, can you confirm if the trophy requirements are the different between the PS3 and Vita version? I know it’s been said it’s two separate trophy lists but are the trophies themselves different? Currently stuck at work so I haven’t bought the game to verify for myself.

+ Aaron Webber on March 4th, 2014 at 4:58 pm said:

Requirements will be exactly the same as on PS3. Hope this helps!

+ I-Draikin-I on March 4th, 2014 at 4:52 pm said:

The EU price is certainly surprising, and not in a good way. The logical price for the game would be €25, not €37. I don’t know what reason Sega has to increase the price for the European version, but it’s a mistake to do so. At least there’s still some time to correct it.

+ Aaron Webber on March 4th, 2014 at 5:09 pm said:

Checking in on this, so please stand by for a confirmation on the final EU price later. We’ll keep you guys posted!

+ Volken_us on March 4th, 2014 at 5:09 pm said:

Finally ! I will be able to play this DLC with Senbonzakura … and to understand the edit mode ! Now , my question is : what the next step ? Import PDf 2nd or wait for an hypothetical localization ?

+ Aaron Webber on March 4th, 2014 at 5:11 pm said:

Thanks very much for supporting the Western release, Volken!

For the next step… well, if you’ve already picked up the VITA / PS3 versions, the best thing you could do would be to tell your friends. Help spread the Miku love!

+ Nerroth on March 4th, 2014 at 5:30 pm said:

Thanks again for your reply, Aaron. Here’s hoping that there is room in the Western audience for both P4:DAN and PDf 2nd.

Of course, now I’m wondering how a Vocaloid/Persona dance-off crossover might go down…

By the way, did you notice that one of the new “mascot” characters in Chou Megami Shinkou Noire Gekishin Black Heart might look somewhat familiar to a fan of this series? (She’s even called Tsunemi, so you can guess where she got her name from…)

+ Niko_of_Death on March 4th, 2014 at 5:34 pm said:

@121

Well 2nd (hopefully) will be coming earlier than 2015

Hopefully.

You know, I wonder if an English patch would be possible for imported copies. I know it won’t happen, but it’s an interesting idea.

+ Jez_the_Nun on March 4th, 2014 at 6:09 pm said:

My husband and I imported the Japanese version for the PS3 well before the English version made its debut, so my question is, if we want the character pack, can we use this DLC for our Japanese PS3 version, or do we have to make a Japanese account to get Japanese DLC content? (We don’t have a Vita, though)

Thanks!

+ GIRUGUMESH on March 4th, 2014 at 7:20 pm said:

While this is nice, please explain to SEGA that we want Yakuza 5 and Ishin!, maybe even Kenzan, Kurohyo 1 and 2.

+ UltimatedIII on March 4th, 2014 at 7:33 pm said:

i would like to know about the “AR” option, if you would be so kind

+ Alpha6Nine on March 4th, 2014 at 7:37 pm said:

Forever gratefuly for bringing Miku over to Vita! Hopefully, we’ll get it the 2nd time around. :3

Is there more DLCs or is that all of them from the JP release? Just curious. I still have some funds left on my account I want to throw at you after buying every one of those DLCs available. :3

+ LDAHRAX on March 4th, 2014 at 7:38 pm said:

I already bought the japanese version on my vita when it first came out. Though just now, I had no problem buying the english vita version along with all the DLC on PSN. ;) After all, games are A LOT more enjoyable when you can understand everything in your native language, especially when it’s the type of game you like. The pricing was just right as well. :)

I hope the vita version does well in the US. I’ll make sure to rate it on PSN as well. I just hope you guys (Sega America) have realistic expectations on sales with the vita version in comparison to how well the PS3 version did (a lot more ps3s floating around than vitas in the US). For now, I will not import project diva f2 for the vita; instead, I’ll cross my fingers and wait for an announcement on english localizations on it, and hopefully for both the ps3 and vita versions at the same time….maybe even physical copies as well (though digital only is better than nothing-especially for niche titles)… ..

Miku and Vocaloid fans, UNITE!!! Let’s support Miku in the US!! >_<

+ Shiggitay on March 4th, 2014 at 7:41 pm said:

MIKU! MIKU! MIKU! *chants*

+ AkaHoshii on March 4th, 2014 at 8:46 pm said:

You are the best, this is the first time im gonna play Miku in English :) before was in PSP i had no choice but to play in JP.

Job well done, and Thank you so much. I hope to see more awesome JP games getting localizes. There are so many i wanna try out, but decide not to buy because of:
1. the language barrier
2. its too pricey for Reg 3 Japan~

*Buy and download* cheers!

+ ZRNin3z on March 4th, 2014 at 8:48 pm said:

so its only available digitally ?

+ MrBanballow on March 4th, 2014 at 8:53 pm said:

Oh… if you see this Aaron, Illbleed for Vita please. =P

+ hotshot4478 on March 4th, 2014 at 9:00 pm said:

Can someone tell me if this is coming to Australia. If not why not how come USA gets it but we don’t ;(

+ StevenBezarius on March 4th, 2014 at 9:09 pm said:

Finally! It felt like an eternity! :D

I dont have the money on my account still, but before this week ends, I’ll surely buy it!

Thanks a lot! You made someone (or a lot of pleople) more happy than usual today! :D

+ MaxSterling85 on March 4th, 2014 at 9:26 pm said:

I’d like to get a copy but running out of space, crossing fingers for 64GB card to get released here, and would like a physical copy. I know it’s not in the cards for this release but can you make sure if the next version is released here in Physical Form perhaps a Limited Edition. Japan keeps getting physical copies and we are getting these digital only copies, no way to find sales, discounts, bundles and using gift cards/store credit.

+ Elvick_ on March 4th, 2014 at 10:21 pm said:

Still wish it were retail.

+ langyahunhun on March 4th, 2014 at 10:44 pm said:

It’s great seeing so many Japanese games localized! BUT, I want SOUL SACRIFICE DELTA! Why I can’t find any news of it? Even the Chinese version is released today! I Love SS! Please bring us SSD……..

+ langyahunhun on March 4th, 2014 at 11:17 pm said:

Oh, sorry I didn’t see that you are the SEGA guys……thanks all the same:)

+ ReignOfToRe on March 5th, 2014 at 1:23 am said:

I have got Japanese Project Diva f cartridge, and I played it quite a bit.

Can I update my Japanese Project Diva f to English version? And if not, if I download Project Diva f DLC, will it work with Japanese cartridge?

Or should I download the game and all the DLC separately?

+ AizawaYuuichi on March 5th, 2014 at 2:02 am said:

@ ReignOfToRe: The game saves and DLC are store-region locked. Aaron answered earlier that save data will not work cross-region, and DLC never works cross-region.

So as you said, your best bet if you want to play the English version of the game and DLC is to buy them both from the US store (or whichever region store you have access to on your account).

+ aisukurimutan on March 5th, 2014 at 5:38 am said:

I got a vita for this game but I found out I cant buy it since I dont have a NA card.. Is there any other ways I can get i?
sorr im really new to all this.

+ Calvin7125 on March 5th, 2014 at 6:15 am said:

Will this game release in Malaysia Store?
I’ve been waiting for so long already..

+ tokyopunchout on March 5th, 2014 at 6:38 am said:

Kudos for the localization & big ups for responding so rapidly & thoughtfully to all us trolls @Aaron Webber!

+ GilgameshLFX on March 5th, 2014 at 9:52 am said:

Is this english version of Project Diva f will be available on asia region too? There’s japanese version in ps store but problem is I don’t know Japanese.

+ Heiki527 on March 5th, 2014 at 11:57 am said:

I have just picked up the game with all DLCs… I’d rather have a physical copy, but it’s still better than not getting the game at all. I own the PS3 version and have put at least 50 hours on it. Now it’s time to clear the game on my Vita all over again!

Anyway, it’s nice to see such a niche title coming to the West, and I REALLY hope there are more on the way, because we’ve only been getting Sonic games from Sega recently. I don’t dislike Sonic (just look at my avatar), but it really seemed like you guys had forgotten that the West exists at all.

+ goldenxboy92 on March 5th, 2014 at 1:49 pm said:

… SEGA, where’s the DIVA Sync Tool?

I was hoping to pick up where I left off from F…

… and maybe see 5 or 10 trophies pop at once…

+ Rykki on March 5th, 2014 at 4:55 pm said:

So…No hard copy? Download only? Thanks, but no thanks. I don’t have money to be dumping on (proprietary) memory cards for download games. The PSPGo failed… horribly, and now we are gonna go the same way? Paying for a game, and then having to purchase something to keep it on? Nah. It’s sad enough we have to have memory cards for a cart based system, but I am just not biting anymore. I love Project Diva F for my PS3. I would love to see more DLC song packs or something like that. I even cosidered ordering the limited edition PSVita from japan with the Miku graphics, but the cost was nuts. Too bad, I was looking forward to this too.

+ Cubenotsquare on March 5th, 2014 at 8:07 pm said:

Got it today! The graphics… The new songs… So much happiness ^.^
Side note: Sega remains my 2nd favorite company (Next to Canonical. That Ubuntu.)
Side side note: Aaron, you are epic fo reasons I would type out but typing is annoying on this Vita. (Pancakes)!

+ NotEntirelyThere on March 5th, 2014 at 10:32 pm said:

I’m planning to get this game very soon! I got the demo, though, and was worried about the timing for notes–I got COOL judgements and consequently could only get Excellent ratings by hitting notes late. Is that common for the demo version? Am I just a total nub?

+ Dusean17 on March 5th, 2014 at 10:45 pm said:

Took so long for this to come out, PS Vita really is getting overshadowed by PS4/PS3 thanks for the localization.

+ Shiggitay on March 6th, 2014 at 5:26 am said:

@NotEntirelyThere yeah I also noticed that the highest rating you can get is “Cool” vs on the Japanese original release “Fine” is exactly on rhythm.. .Hmm…. Aaron, any explanation? Heh.