PS4-Watch_Dogs

Dimension-bender FEZ Out Today on PS4, PS3, Vita

Marie-Christine Bourdua's Avatar + Posted by Marie-Christine Bourdua on Mar 25, 2014 // Producer, Polytron

“Today is special day,” indeed: Fez is finally available for PS4, PS3 and PS Vita. We can’t possibly be any more excited, as we have been working towards this release for a whole year!

Let’s recap a few details:

• Fez is a video game.
  • You play as fluffy white creature named Gomez who wears the eponymous fez, and needs to traverse the world two dimensions at a time in order to rebuild an ancient artifact.
  • Fez is cross-buy for all three platforms.
  • There is a cross-save slot which shares your progress across PS3, PS4 and PSVita.
  • The regular price is $12.99, but if you are a PlayStation Plus member and purchase it before April 2nd, you get 25% off and pay $9.74 instead!

We hope that you will enjoy exploring the world of Fez for the first time, or that you’ll perhaps revisit its puzzles and charming locales once again — whether you prefer experiencing it on your home system with speakers blasting Disasterpeace’s delicious generative soundscapes, or on your PS Vita with headphones during the daily commute.

We would like to thank Miguel, Tony and everyone else at BlitWorks who worked hard on these releases and were always a pleasure to work with, Kert Gartner for the sweet PlayStation launch trailer, and the Sony developer relation teams for giving us the opportunity to be in the Spring Fever promotion alongside great titles like TowerFall and Luftrausers. And you too — thanks for your patience, and have fun!

58 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ Gorvi on March 25th, 2014 at 8:03 am said:

I’ll be playing this on my Vita tonight. :)

+ JimmyHACK on March 25th, 2014 at 8:04 am said:

YAY! Cross-plat Cross-save done right.

+ paulogy on March 25th, 2014 at 8:05 am said:

When’s it coming to Vita? Oh that’s right, it’s TODAY! :-)

+ yowza57 on March 25th, 2014 at 8:11 am said:

Really excited for this. Do you know how big the file is? I need to make sure I have enough space, especially after getting FFX last week.

+ tonezone on March 25th, 2014 at 8:12 am said:

I’m SO excited for this! Two of my favorite indie games will be hitting PS4 and PS Vita—Fez and Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate!! :D I love being a part of PlayStation Nation!

+ The_Cowboy_Poet on March 25th, 2014 at 8:14 am said:

How much is it in Canada?

+ TheBigSpoon on March 25th, 2014 at 8:15 am said:

My vita has been waiting for this moment. Tonight is the night!

+ stlthriot on March 25th, 2014 at 8:15 am said:

Most excellent news!! Been awaiting this game on the PS platform for years! :D

And even more amazing that this is cross-buy and save for all 3 platforms! Sweet!

+ RyuuHou24 on March 25th, 2014 at 8:22 am said:

What is this USD BS?? What, now we in Canada get to pay more for PSN games as well, are you kidding me?? What a load of crap.

+ Mando44646 on March 25th, 2014 at 8:23 am said:

Ill wait for a sale. I picked it up for like 3 bucks on Steam not too long ago and this price is just not very good considering how late it is coming out compared to PC

+ PainOfSarrow on March 25th, 2014 at 8:29 am said:

idk about this one. i enjoy puzzles but this looks just ok. any word on average game length ? wish a demo was available.

+ chavez1138 on March 25th, 2014 at 8:38 am said:

great reviews, cross buy, cross save and PS+ discount… instant buy!

+ Seiven on March 25th, 2014 at 8:39 am said:

I have been waiting on this for what seems like years…oh wait…it has been years. Thank you Polytron!

+ Viewtiful_Gene on March 25th, 2014 at 8:46 am said:

If you don’t know what you are missing, here is an excellent review about this game!

+ KingXtreme81 on March 25th, 2014 at 8:46 am said:

Despite wanting to, I never got around to picking this up on other platforms, and now seems like the perfect time to do so.

Will be picking this up with the store update later today.

+ tusunami on March 25th, 2014 at 8:47 am said:

Well the time is here I must say these indie games are just fantastic. I will buy this as soon as i get home from work today and the cross-buy feature is just sensational. Also is the intro music also in the game as a part of the soundtrack because the music is just incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ mettreidici on March 25th, 2014 at 8:50 am said:

Yay for Fez, been waiting so long for this.
It’s finally here.

Merci Marie-Christine et toute l’équipe de Polytron!

+ Hefestus91 on March 25th, 2014 at 9:00 am said:

My Vita is ready… and so is my body!

+ Pyramat on March 25th, 2014 at 9:01 am said:

I love how us Canadians get to pay more for even small $10 PSN games now apparently. Thanks!

Was thinking of buying it at $9.99 because of all the praise I’ve heard about it, but I’m gonna pass on it now just out of principle. It can wait until a half price sale or free on PS+.

+ KongWen on March 25th, 2014 at 9:09 am said:

@9 & @19 – You’re not paying more. Your currency is worth less. It takes more $CAD to make the same value as $USD, plain and simple. That’s not Sony’s fault or Polytron’s.

@MC – Super-excited for the chance to play this indie masterpiece again, on my favourite platform this time! :) Fez is one of my favourite games of the past several years, and I look forward to seeing how great it looks on the PS4 & Vita’s beautiful OLED.

+ BlueRobotX on March 25th, 2014 at 9:25 am said:

Wait $9.99 for Plus the Plus update says it’s $9.74? I don’t mind since it’s a few cents difference but on this Blog I’ve seen about three different Plus discount prices for Fez.

+ whatisdelicious on March 25th, 2014 at 9:26 am said:

Oh my god that music. I bought the soundtrack in a Humble Bundle a long time ago and have held off listening to more than a couple tracks because I want to play the game first. This is one I haven’t heard. So pumped.

+ hahpurr on March 25th, 2014 at 9:26 am said:

Fez looks like more indie garbage cluttering the PS store. I want to know when is Ray’s The Dead coming out? It has been in the “coming soon” section of the PS store for quite a few months.

+ angibri2000 on March 25th, 2014 at 9:44 am said:

Now I know where I’ll be spending my Spend $60 get $10 back! FEZ it is! =)

+ fgeo on March 25th, 2014 at 9:48 am said:

I’ve been waiting for this day for the past two years, since Fez was originally released.

At last, Fez on the PS Vita ( and PS4 / PS3 ) !! Portable joy :-) \o/

+ italodancemp3 on March 25th, 2014 at 10:00 am said:

Great week great games ;)

+ MakoSoul on March 25th, 2014 at 10:07 am said:

Get on my PS4, Fez!

+ tonezone on March 25th, 2014 at 10:28 am said:

It’s showing $12.99 in the US store currently in my cart.

+ Hefestus91 on March 25th, 2014 at 10:32 am said:

Hold your horses Stan

+ tonezone on March 25th, 2014 at 10:35 am said:

I know I know. I’ve just been really looking forward to this…..time for more InFAMOUS! :P

+ Mercenary09 on March 25th, 2014 at 10:36 am said:

I’m pleased to say you will be getting my money!

+ Budapesti on March 25th, 2014 at 10:40 am said:

I finally got around to watching Indie Game: The Movie last night night, in anticipation of this release.
Film is highly recommended, but I’d only ever seen screenshots of FEZ before, never actually seen it in motion. That pretty much sealed the deal for me. I’m hugely looking forward to trying this out, just after 2pm Western (right, Grace???)
The cross play is just the icing on the cake. I was expecting to play it primarily on Vita, but those glorious voxels need to be projected on my TV screen via PS4!

+ cyxx1cyxx on March 25th, 2014 at 10:45 am said:

The game looks great. Unfortunately on principle I can’t give Phil Fish any of my money.

+ Lord-Fratos on March 25th, 2014 at 10:46 am said:

great game. i play it on my xb360. lovely | Hard | Nostology.

+ Violeton on March 25th, 2014 at 11:30 am said:

HI! I’m a plus member and I see $12.99 in my store, why?

+ iREVOLTER on March 25th, 2014 at 11:42 am said:

Hooray! 9.74! Love me some FEZ :D

+ Z31K on March 25th, 2014 at 11:44 am said:

Purchased!!!….. Next step: ebay a F5 key for my keyboard…. XD

+ mtk93 on March 25th, 2014 at 12:15 pm said:

I am looking forward to trying this one. It looks great. I hope it plays as great. Any chance Phil Fish will resume work on a sequel?

+ avluis on March 25th, 2014 at 12:15 pm said:

OH YEAH!!
This is a platforming overload (get it, Fez is a platformer and it comes out in three platforms?)

I’ll show myself out…

+ MakoSoul on March 25th, 2014 at 12:19 pm said:

Nice! Early update today! Fez purchased!

+ Clover904 on March 25th, 2014 at 1:09 pm said:

Fez looks and sounds absolutely amazing on the ps4 and I can’t wait to try it on the Vita. However, I don’t see how to turn on stereoscopic 3d on the ps4. Anyone know how to do it?

+ StalkerD on March 25th, 2014 at 1:14 pm said:

Store is already updated, why not make a blog post about it?

+ senor_flojo on March 25th, 2014 at 1:24 pm said:

Stupid game crashed on me in the first five minutes, caused a bios reboot.

:-P

+ AizawaYuuichi on March 25th, 2014 at 1:33 pm said:

@ cyxx1cyxx: Lucky for you, you don’t have to! He left the game industry, if you don’t remember. That means any money from sales of this game are going to Polytron, and also largely to BlitWorks as they’re the ones who created these ports.

@ StalkerD: Probably because the entire Store hasn’t been updated yet, and they like to make sure the updates have rolled across all 4 timezones before publishing the Blog post. It can take some time to propagate around the US.

@ Clover904: That’s a very interesting question. The Gamespot article says the 3D mode is unlockable. I’ve never played the game, so I can’t imagine how that would work… gonna have to wait for more info before I make a purchase, as that was a big reason I was even going to get it.

+ gusty81 on March 25th, 2014 at 1:47 pm said:

Cross-save doesn’t appear to be working yet. Is there a plan to update this in a patch?

+ MakoSoul on March 25th, 2014 at 1:51 pm said:

Whoa, whoa whoa… Fez has 3DTV support on PS4? I didn’t even know that.

+ RISE_UP44 on March 25th, 2014 at 1:56 pm said:

It is really too bad this is not cross buy for PS4 & PS Vita, I would have bought both for 14.99 but really don’t want to buy both separate.

+ RISE_UP44 on March 25th, 2014 at 2:08 pm said:

Derp Derp.. Sooo happy rite now, I wish i would have seen that it was actually in fact cross buy before I got all mad about it…lol.. So happy.. Now Downloading.

+ RISE_UP44 on March 25th, 2014 at 2:27 pm said:

And on that note I am streaming FEZ here if you want to check it out: http://www.twitch.tv/crowdmouthgaming

+ Trieloth on March 25th, 2014 at 2:33 pm said:

No thanks, I dont want your super delayed MS hand me downs.

PAGE 1 2