GTAV PS4

Mind Zero Coming to PS Vita on May 27th

Russell Iriye's Avatar + Posted by Russell Iriye on Mar 28, 2014 // Marketing Manager, Aksys Games

Greetings friends! Russell here from Aksys Games. Today, we announced that our newest title from Acquire and Zero Div will be hitting PS Vita on May 27th! To celebrate, we’ve updated the Mind Zero website to give you a full rundown of the game, as well as posted a trailer. Mind Zero is a first-person dungeon crawler where you fight with your MINDs (literally and figuratively). We’re here today to touch upon the story and get into a bit more details about the battle mechanics of Mind Zero.

Kei is a normal high school student until his life turns upside down when he forms a contract with a MIND, a weapon/being with deadly powers. With the government and other forces trailing him and his friends, Kei will need to discover the secret behind MIND before it’s too late. Suspenseful stuff, right?

When you battle it out against the various other MINDs in the game, you’ll have a choice to duke it out by yourself, use your MIND, or do a bit of both. There lies the challenge and fun of Mind Zero. Not only will you have to think about protecting yourself, but your MIND as well.

When controlling Kei and other party members, players can do various things such as attack, use items, charge, escape, or burst. To highlight the non-obvious function, charging serves much like a “Defend,” however your MP will charge faster as you remain in this stance. “Burst” is a cool technique in Mind Zero that, when used, speeds up to your turn, thereby allowing you to get a hit, use an item, or heal sooner.

Mind ZeroMind Zero

MINDs are powerful creatures and can serve players well in the heat of battle. Players are given several options when using their MIND — attack, skill, and burst. Players can assign various skills as they gain more experience. But if you use a MIND, you automatically lose some MP. Beware, because if your MP is drained, your MIND will retreat (called a “MIND Break”) and you’ll need to wait until you have enough MP to summon it again.

So what does all this information mean? Strategy! Use your MIND and your party members wisely and you can defeat any foe.

For more details, be sure to check out the Mind Zero website! Mind Zero will be shipping to retail stores and released digitally on May 27th.

+ italodancemp3 on March 28th, 2014 at 11:13 am said:

Looks great :) it would be in retail too? Right?

Russell Iriye's Avatar

+ Russell Iriye on March 28th, 2014 at 11:19 am said:

Yup! It’ll be a digital/retail release in North America!

+ liammill18 on March 28th, 2014 at 11:15 am said:

Oh man, can’t wait for this, I was a big fan of the Japanese release! Really glad to see it coming across!

+ Gorvi on March 28th, 2014 at 11:16 am said:

I’m looking forward to this one quite a bit, I can’t wait. :)

+ Frodomec on March 28th, 2014 at 11:18 am said:

I understand that Indie games are a part of Vita’s library, BUT, as a PSP owner, i remember to play some AWESOME games in the past, like: Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, God of War, Metal Gear, Dragon Ball Z ( A good one), Megaman, Naruto, Jeanne da Arc and so much more awesome quality games.

That’s what i’m trying to say…
We need ALSO these kind of games.
I’m not against Indie games, i just want a balance on it.
Some Indies and some AAA.
That’s all.

<3 J-RPGs! <3

+ Ghostwize on March 28th, 2014 at 11:20 am said:

So….this game is like Persona? The trailer isn’t very helpful lol. :D Cheers!

+ iriihutoR84 on March 28th, 2014 at 11:27 am said:

Any chance of a limited edition or should I go ahead and pre-order the regular one? Thank you for bringing these Japanese games over to the 3DS and Vita. <3

Russell Iriye's Avatar

+ Russell Iriye on March 28th, 2014 at 12:10 pm said:

No problem! We’ll be releasing a standard edition for this one.

+ poodude on March 28th, 2014 at 11:31 am said:

Hi Aksys!

Just curious, will the game have dual audio or will it be sub’d like Sorcery Saga? As well, thanks for bringing this over!

Russell Iriye's Avatar

+ Russell Iriye on March 28th, 2014 at 12:18 pm said:

Yup! It will be dual audio with English subtitles!

+ RDespair on March 28th, 2014 at 11:33 am said:

@Frodomec Mind Zero isn’t an indie game.

+ Frodomec on March 28th, 2014 at 11:39 am said:

@RDespair

I know that.
I’m really exited for this game!
J-RPGs are awesome!

I was just bringing the discussion about PS Vita nowdays.

+ TheToughestBloke on March 28th, 2014 at 11:40 am said:

First… person?

+ DanteMerfi on March 28th, 2014 at 11:43 am said:

Feel free to include some gameplay on your next trailer.

+ akisuo on March 28th, 2014 at 11:57 am said:

Sweet, looks pretty interesting. Has a semi Persona style to it and I like that. =)

+ CrimsonDream24 on March 28th, 2014 at 12:03 pm said:

Not that interested in this game but I may end up picking it up anyways just because Aksys is localizing it. People other than NISA localizing games is a great thing and we need to support them so we can get some DECENT localizations again like we had in the PS2 era.

+ ninth_prey on March 28th, 2014 at 12:04 pm said:

Any word on Soul Sacrifice Delta making it to the US? Please?

+ xClayMeow on March 28th, 2014 at 12:06 pm said:

Please tell me there will be a demo. It sounds pretty neat and looks cool from what you’ve shown, but I’d like to get a feel for it instead of jumping blindly in a new IP.

+ Teh_AKOD on March 28th, 2014 at 12:46 pm said:

Looks fun. Definetly on my “to buy” list for my Vita. I have never played a First Person RPG so I guess this will be my first one.

+ reverendnja on March 28th, 2014 at 12:47 pm said:

Keep us posted about this one! Would love to see some in-depth gameplay.

+ jose213jose on March 28th, 2014 at 1:13 pm said:

Nice video but try to show some battle system itself so we get better idea how it looks. Overall i love music and video; keep up the good work. :)

+ Tenechan on March 28th, 2014 at 1:21 pm said:

Do you have any info about a EU release? And if not, will this game have a ton of important DLC? Just curious if it’s import friendly.

Russell Iriye's Avatar

+ Russell Iriye on March 28th, 2014 at 2:01 pm said:

The EU will be released on 5/28 on PSN!

+ rabidninjamonky on March 28th, 2014 at 1:46 pm said:

Do you get to battle anything but blurry white minotaurs in this game?

+ Target-4012 on March 28th, 2014 at 1:50 pm said:

Thanks you for releasing this to North American audiences. I love Japanese games because of the unique/ interesting/ weird story and game-play. I was very close in buying this game when I was in japan but decided not to buy it because I can’t read Japanese and I had slight hope it will come to the west. I did buy Akiba Strip 2 in japan thinking it will never come over because of its game-play, but apparently it will be coming to the west. I am glad that developers are releasing more Japanese games over here and I hope it doesn’t stop.

+ avluis on March 28th, 2014 at 2:07 pm said:

I will be picking this up just because you guys are localizing more PS Vita games to the west and keeping my lovely Japanese audio with English subtitles.

That is all I asked for and if you keep them coming, I will keep on buying. That goes to all studios working on a PS Vita game, get to it!

+ Kishnabe on March 28th, 2014 at 2:21 pm said:

Have every physical English Persona/SMT game, so I am genuinely interested.

This guys gives a good account of what it is. Similar to Persona but different enough that could have a regular Persona lover interested. Not many companies actually tried to go to the formula of SMT…sadly for many of us.

The story is good enough to keep you going through the game from what the youtuber says….considering his amount of SMT/Persona,JRPG knowledge. It would be worth it.

Famitsu gave it a 30/40 so It really worth it. I just hope it not a limited stock like Curry God Saga and YS Memories

+ perrandy on March 28th, 2014 at 2:57 pm said:

more games for my vita the better.thank you aksys and dont forget that vita means life! :P

+ Mando44646 on March 28th, 2014 at 3:04 pm said:

Looks cool!

+ PAFenix on March 28th, 2014 at 4:56 pm said:

Aksys, you and XSeed are godsends for those of us craving JRPGS. Thank you for bringing this over!

Do you have any intention of bringing over Fate/Extra CCC? I loved the first one, am a big fan of the series. I wouldn’t care if it’s digital-only since I know the PSP is dead in the west, and would love to have it on my Vita!

Regardless of your answer, I like the looks of this. :) Thanks again!

+ sergeantawesome on March 28th, 2014 at 5:50 pm said:

Looking forward to this, especially after playing the Conception II demo, where I realized to like that game I have to be a pervert.

+ TJF588 on March 28th, 2014 at 6:42 pm said:

Not really specific to this game, but it just suddenly flashed to mind when looking at the video’s thumbnail: I’m still disconnected when I see scrawny bodies using large weapons. If that’s the case, it’s often a teenaged looking body, and so it’s often high schoolers. Something that impressed me with Asura’s Wrath (and I’m sure others convey this as well) is that there are still immense feats of activity (and usually destruction), but in this case the characters truly felt like what they were pulling off was both capable by their bodies and required intense strain to perform. THAT felt like power. But these lithe bodies, getting the same results from a flick of their wrist or a smooth motion of their bodies, it just doesn’t carry any weight.

Mind, I’ve not watched the trailer, so I don’t know how far this game goes in the “too easy” power levels direction, but just felt like expressing it. *excuses self from not-his-own blog*

+ Souledge94 on March 28th, 2014 at 7:58 pm said:

Ok two simple questions

1: Is there a english dub? This is important since this will make me buy the game or not.
2:Will there be a Limited edition of some sort? Its a easy way to get more money from me.

+ Ed_Maxwell on March 28th, 2014 at 9:48 pm said:

Will there be a demo?

+ vitazeifel on March 29th, 2014 at 4:08 am said:

yes! more! more JRPGs for Vita!

+ SeanStrange on March 29th, 2014 at 8:27 am said:

Ah! I really can’t wait for Mind Zero. It looks so damn good. Was thinking about importing it but now, since it’s coming to NA, there’s no need! Really excited for this amazing JRPG!

+ bluenightmare941 on March 29th, 2014 at 8:59 am said:

umm, sounds like a Persona1 clone wit better graphics and i mean it as a compliment love that genre. i prefer english dubs to subtitles. Zero Escape had excellent voice actors, or idk Fate/Extra did fine without english dubs.

+ RenderMonk on March 29th, 2014 at 9:59 am said:

Sounds interesting. Really would have loved to see some actual gameplay in that trailer. Hopefully soon we will.

+ ElectricSlurpee on March 29th, 2014 at 10:38 am said:

i love that this video had a complete lack of game footage, THAT’S how you get people excited for games!

+ L1qu1dat1on on March 29th, 2014 at 2:30 pm said:

Looking forward for this, stupid/quick question are the scenes fully voiced (a la Persona 4) or will it be just reading text? I don’t mind I just want to know if I should be packing headphones with me when I go to school :P

+ chrisgomez3030 on March 29th, 2014 at 2:36 pm said:

seems just like the persona series which i love! really looking forward to this one.

+ Twelve-sa on March 29th, 2014 at 4:31 pm said:

when is the vita tv getting some western love :( ?

+ TooLegit505 on March 30th, 2014 at 11:52 am said:

I guess you guys are never going to get rid of PS Plus Vita games Uncharted, Wipeout, and Gravity Rush are you? I am so tired of seeing these games as free. Can’t you guys pick 3 more? Rotate them out? Something?
PLEASE GET THESE GAMES OFF PS PLUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ PrinceofXIII on March 30th, 2014 at 1:24 pm said:

Keep ‘em coming Aksys Games :)

Thanks for keeping the JPN Audio intact :D

+ PoisonCube on March 31st, 2014 at 7:19 am said:

Will there be a limited/collector’s edition for Mind Zero? I’m a nut for collecting localized LE’s and CE’s since NISA is so great when it comes to them. Thanks!

+ sultwolf on March 31st, 2014 at 4:04 pm said:

doeas anyone have monter hunter freedom unite and want to play online????

+ Elvick_ on April 1st, 2014 at 9:57 am said: