PS4-Watch_Dogs

PlayStation Plus: Stealth Inc. A Clone in the Dark Free for Members

Kristine Steimer's Avatar + Posted by Kristine Steimer on Apr 07, 2014 // Sr. Community Specialist

Put on your sneaking suits, folks, it’s time to escape a deadly lab in Stealth Inc. A Clone in the Dark. This puzzle platformer requires you to stick to the shadows, ‘cause if you’re spotted you’ll be terminated on sight. Rough crowd. There are 80 levels to maneuver through, so make sure you don’t get vaporized by a laser, okay? As an added bonus, because Stealth Inc. is a Cross-Buy title, PS Plus members can download both the PS3 and PS Vita versions of the game.

You can download Stealth Inc. A Clone in the Dark after the PlayStation Store updates tomorrow, 4/8.

PlayStation Plus: Instant Game Collection

Stealth Inc. A Clone in the Dark (PS3, PS Vita)

Free for PS Plus members

Stealth Inc
Stealth Inc is a fast-paced stealth platformer featuring brutal hazards, ruthless enemies, fiendish puzzles and red pixels galore. Jump, sneak, and be chunked through 80 levels. Will you make it out alive? Armed with only your wits and a pair of top of the range Stealthing Goggles, it’s your job to sneak your way through a deadly facility that’s determined to extinguish your fragile little life. With no weapons and no armour, being seen means instant death.

PlayStation Plus: Discounts

Title Plus Price Original Price
Strike Suit Zero: Director’s Cut (PS4) $15.99 $19.99

PlayStation Plus: Last Chance

Last Chance (Leaving on 4/15)

Instant Game Collection
Dyad (PS3)

Discounts
Atomic Ninjas (Ps3)
Atomic Ninjas (Ps Vita)
Foosball 2012 (Ps3)
Foosball 2012 (PS Vita)
The Impossible Game
9-In-1 Mega Pack

If you’ve got feedback on today’s Plus update make sure vote in the poll and leave a comment below. To discuss all things PlayStation, including this update, you can also head over to the PlayStation Community Forums where you’ll find topics you can contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself.

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ Ryumoau on April 7th, 2014 at 8:01 am said:

nothing for me this week, but i’m still happy about Merceneray Kings from last week. :)

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Kristine Steimer on April 7th, 2014 at 9:47 am said:

Hope you’re enjoying it!

+ megaben99 on April 7th, 2014 at 8:04 am said:

DYAD IS LEAVING THE IGC??!!!???!!!??!!!!!!!

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Kristine Steimer on April 7th, 2014 at 9:47 am said:

Yep, so be sure to download it before it goes, that way you can hang onto it for as long as you’re a Plus member :)

+ NX_Nytrux on April 7th, 2014 at 8:05 am said:

No more PS+ discounts = Nothing for me. I´ll try Stealth. Thanks.

+ joaryche on April 7th, 2014 at 8:06 am said:

nothing for me this week since I had already purchased Stealth…

+ sicuro95 on April 7th, 2014 at 8:06 am said:

Sad week, no sales :(

+ Gorvi on April 7th, 2014 at 8:08 am said:

I already own Stealth, but I’m glad more people are going to play it. I want SSZ, but I’m going to wait a bit on that, right now all I have time for is Dark Souls 2. Any chance we’ll see a discount on the Stealth Inc DLC?

+ Sgt_0951 on April 7th, 2014 at 8:09 am said:

Weak week this week, but plenty of games on my backlog still and Batman was a nice addition last week. Might as well give Stealth Inc. a try.

Thanks for all you do. PS Plus is a great service.

+ PanTheMan16 on April 7th, 2014 at 8:11 am said:

megaben99, you won’t lose Dyad if you’ve already downloaded it or have at least “purchased” it so it’s added to your download list.

+ DanKuuga on April 7th, 2014 at 8:17 am said:

I was planning on picking up Strike Suit Zero anyway, but WITH a $4 discount?! It WILL be mine! Thanks!
Time to unleash some space-based destruction, Macross Missile Massacre style!

+ ninth_prey on April 7th, 2014 at 8:24 am said:

I’ll give Stealth a shot. Any chance we’ll find out soon if Soul Sacrifice Delta coming state side?
Thanks for the update.

+ Ryumoau on April 7th, 2014 at 8:25 am said:

I might have been interested in that Strike Suit game but theres not going to be a demo and the discount offered isn’t significant enough. Had it been knocked down to around $9.99 i would have jumped on it, sight unseen.

+ jibjab79 on April 7th, 2014 at 8:28 am said:

Besides Batman, this month of free games are all 2D games. I left those type of games after SNES and Sega Genesis.

+ tyuikjjmm on April 7th, 2014 at 8:33 am said:

Can we please have a The Last of Us sale , please please ?

+ charleschannels on April 7th, 2014 at 8:34 am said:

Nothing worthwhile for me this week.

+ Angelshadow_7 on April 7th, 2014 at 8:37 am said:

If it weren’t or the fact that I have to purchase a full $10 PSN card to pay that $0.99 on the PLUS price for Strike Suit Zero: Director’s Cut it would be a 1st day purchase for m . Why don’t you keep flat prices? Now you won’t be selling that game that much…

+ CraddaPoosta on April 7th, 2014 at 8:39 am said:

Oh, joy. Yet another indie title that was originally free on PC. Another Android game that no one wants.

Thankfully, the other PS+ offerings this year have more than made up for Sony’s obsession with pushing the indie genre on gamers who do not want it.

Again, I did not purchase a $200 portable console to play games that were originally free, or are already available on my smartphone. I know it’s cheaper for Sony to acquire distribution rights to super cheap Android ports, but, if no one wants them, there is no value there to the consumer.

The best solution I can think of is what I suggest all the time; make a separate subscription-based service for people who want all of these indie games. Everyone is happy that way.

+ Shudderdust on April 7th, 2014 at 8:41 am said:

Does Strike Suit Zero have a Platinum?

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Kristine Steimer on April 7th, 2014 at 9:50 am said:

I’m not sure, sorry!

+ Mando44646 on April 7th, 2014 at 8:46 am said:

I might pick up Strike Suit Zero on PS4!

Still nothing of interest to me on Vita. Hopefully next month isnt all Indies and PSP games. I bought a Vita for full gaming experiences :D

+ neuropunk on April 7th, 2014 at 8:52 am said:

With all the low brow western AAA casual generic linear QTE shooters coming out these days, it sure is nice to get some traditional video games. Confused about the complaints that people are not getting enough AAAs since modern video game quality is inferior these days since there’s far too much focus on graphics, presentation and linearity.

Signed on again to PS+ mostly for Mickey’s Castle of Illusion plus a few other games I had downloaded before. Anyhow, been hoping for a sale on the first Mass Effect and clearly it deserves one. I don’t keep up with sale stuff, but is it only 1 game this week that is on sale/discounted for PS+ or otherwise?

+ AmericanNinja1 on April 7th, 2014 at 8:52 am said:

I’ve been hooked on DCUO after coming back to it last December. Loads of fun, even join an awesome league. Do you play DCUO Kristine? I know Greg plays or had played it a bunch.

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Kristine Steimer on April 7th, 2014 at 9:50 am said:

Yes I do, but not as frequently as Greg does :)

+ TubaDude49 on April 7th, 2014 at 9:01 am said:

Is there a PS4 version of Stealth B****** coming?

+ otakumike on April 7th, 2014 at 9:02 am said:

I still hope for the day when people stop treating indie games as sub-par experiences. Indies are the closest thing to “the golden age” of gaming that we have and the games that i’ve had the most fun playing have been indies. Sucks that when something is called “indie”, it’s meant negatively.

Anyway, to gey on topic I’m looking forward to Stealth inc was thinking of buying it.

+ YungShep on April 7th, 2014 at 9:10 am said:

question about FF XIV PS4. i want to get in on apr 11th, but when i try to preorder it takes me to the ps3 version…i know i can upgrade from the ps3 version, but i never played that one. how can i get access to preorder the ps4 version without buying the ps4 version, i really dont want to start my character from this weekends’ beta all over.

+ Shudderdust on April 7th, 2014 at 9:12 am said:

@22 totally agree! I have had so much fun playing Guacamelee (got the plat), Spelunky, Mercenary Kings, Dead Nation, and looking forward to Stealth Inc. Games are games. I think most of us that grew up with gaming in the late 80s and 90s are the ones who love the indie movement. Doesn’t hurt that half the people making these “indie” games are former devs who were responsible for the AAA games back in those days.

+ The_1_of_Deth on April 7th, 2014 at 9:13 am said:

yay been meaning to try out stealth inc. but wasnt sure about pullin the trigger. no excuse now lol. and THANK U FOR MERCENARY KINGS!!!!!!!! stupidly addictive :) all sounds great on sonys kick ass gold headset. u guys keep releasing kick ass stuff n ill snap it up asap :) thanks again sony!

+ Mjolnirs on April 7th, 2014 at 9:14 am said:

@16

“Oh, joy. Yet another indie title that was originally free on PC.”

You are spreading misinformation. The original may have been free but what was ported was the enhanced version of Stealth Bastard Deluxe.

“I got a Vita expecting to play console-quality games on the go. Not to have yet another device filled with shovelware and indie crap.”

HEAVEN FORBID THE VITA SHOULD GET ANY GAMES AT ALL. Why should it matter so much that a game was made by a small group of people? You need to stop being so close-minded and see indies are not pretentious, “in their own league” sorts of affairs? Be thankful these are on here because they likely wouldn’t be made by a well-known AAA developer.

“I know it’s cheaper for Sony to acquire distribution rights to super cheap Android ports”

+ ItaChu on April 7th, 2014 at 9:14 am said:

THATS IT?! …. no more PS Sale!? daheck?!

@23 YungShep if its the same price just buy it when you upgrade(its free) youll have all the items and the character and everything just how it was

+ Roaming_Ryu on April 7th, 2014 at 9:15 am said:

Always wanted to try Stealth. Looking forward to this!

I want to support developers when I like their games, but the Instant Game Collection doesn’t let me “purchase” these items (if I enjoy them) until my subscription runs out. Seeing as mine runs out in 2017, the way I’ve been supporting these teams is by recommending games to my friends. If I really like Stealth, I’ll purchase it for my PS4 too.

+ ItaChu on April 7th, 2014 at 9:16 am said:

and how does something on ps4 throw you to the ps3 version … nothing from the ps3 is supposed to show on the ps4 O.o

+ CraddaPoosta on April 7th, 2014 at 9:18 am said:

@22, all things in their place.

According to Sony and Nintendo, it is. Just having the privilege of playing a specific game on your console, which is already available either for free, or for a much lower price on another console, is not “value”.

That’s just trying to cash in off of the relative profit margin available by simply porting an existing game to another platform.

Machinarium. Terraria. Angry Birds. There are dozens, if not hundreds, of examples of just this. I did not buy my Vita to be a glorified Android with dual-analog. I bought it to enjoy as-close-to-console gaming as is possible on a handheld device.

+ CraddaPoosta on April 7th, 2014 at 9:19 am said:

@26;

“Newsflash: it was ported to Android AFTER Deluxe’s PC release, not before. Get your facts straight.”

I thought so. Run along, now.

+ otakumike on April 7th, 2014 at 9:28 am said:

@30

That has nothing to do with what I said.

+ Mjolnirs on April 7th, 2014 at 9:28 am said:

@31:

“It was still an Android port before it got ported to PS3/PS Vita, now, wasn’t it? ”

It’s only considered an Android port if you knew for sure it was ported directly from that, not the PC version.

+ GamerJon92 on April 7th, 2014 at 9:30 am said:

Have you people yet to catch on they tell you what the PS+ game is a few discounts and the sales are listed tuesdays

+ Angelshadow_7 on April 7th, 2014 at 9:34 am said:

To correct, I want the Strike Suit Zero game, but I don’t want it that bad to pay $10 for that additional $0.99. So you rather hear your consumers and make it $14.99 and lose tha $1 or we can wait until is discounted i which case you will lose even more.

+ CraddaPoosta on April 7th, 2014 at 9:35 am said:

So, again, justify Sony and Nintendo asking for between $19.99 and $29.99 for Angry Birds Trilogy.

Tell me how that is considered “value”.

+ RulitoCR on April 7th, 2014 at 9:37 am said:

Thanks for Stealth Inc.!! i have been waiting so long to play this game!

+ Mjolnirs on April 7th, 2014 at 9:41 am said:

@30

“If I can get a game for free on Android or PC, or get it at a massively discounted rate while supporting a good cause, as is in the case of Humble Bundles, then why would I value that game at ten bucks or more, just because it was made available on another platform?”

Humble Bundles, frequent as they may be, are the exception. There is no guarantee a game will show up there and the developers don’t make as much money as they usually do if someone buys the game by itself.

“Think about Angry Birds, for example. Do you believe for one second that a free Android/flash game is worth between $19.99 and $29.99? According to Sony and Nintendo, it is.”

No, that would be according to Rovio, the publisher.

Once again, you show you don’t know what you’re talking about.

+ YungShep on April 7th, 2014 at 9:48 am said:

@23 thanks. i was really confused about that process.

+ Technatorium on April 7th, 2014 at 9:49 am said:

I very rarely comment on here but this is one of the weakest PS Plus and sales drops I have seen in a very long time.
I do hope people enjoy stealth. I did love playing the game :).
Other than that nothing this week, which is a good thing. Too many games for me to play :P.

+ Welmosca on April 7th, 2014 at 9:55 am said:

Cool Stealth Inc. ….been waiting for that…now I’m glad that I was able to hold myself,back in the august promotion.Thanks Sony.

+ The_Great_Ska on April 7th, 2014 at 10:00 am said:

@ 38 – Im not taking sides, but do you really think its fair for Rovio or whoever to charge that much more for the same games they sell on phones for 1$ or free?

+ CraddaPoosta on April 7th, 2014 at 10:07 am said:

@38; son, do you REALLY think that Rovio can just demand a specific price, and Nintendo and Sony just meekly say, “Okay…”?

The original IP might be Rovio’s, but once they get into an agreement for porting, distribution, marketing, support, etc., it’s most definitely NOT just Rovio’s call on what the price is set at. Everyone has to get their piece of the pie, which is how a free game can wind up costing thirty bucks, just for the pleasure of playing it on a specific console.

That is not “value”. That is just exploiting a gullible market.

Let’s take another IP, for purposes of comparison. Let’s look at the plethora of ports of Final Fantasy titles.

Every single new port of a Final Fantasy title, to date, has featured some kind of major update or addition. Look at the different versions of Final Fantasy IV as the perfect example. If you bought the SNES version in 1991/1992, and then got the PSX version, you got a massively updated and upgraded version. The DS version went even further. The After Years/Complete Collection; still further. Each release improved upon or added to the previous one, so when I purchased each of them, I still considered it a great value.

Rovio could learn a lot from Squeenix.

+ etscott on April 7th, 2014 at 10:27 am said:

Can my kids play this one? They love spelunky and want to make sure this one doesn’t have bad language, etc. thanks.

+ Josleaze on April 7th, 2014 at 10:32 am said:

@16 I can understand you don’t like indies and that is fine. However, saying that no one wants these games is simply idiocy. You seem to assume that everyone wants console-style games, when this simply isn’t the case. You having an opinion does not make it the universal maxim, so please keep the, “no one wants these games,” statements to yourself. There is a reason the Vita has so many indies, (surprise!) they’re successful. If you don’t like indies, don’t play them. Keep playing Killzone, Gravity Rush, Soul Sacrifice, Toukiden, FFX, and all the other AAA’s. And if those don’t interest you, why did you get a Vita in the first place? Indies are the direction the Vita is going in, so if you don’t like them consider getting another console.

+ Mando44646 on April 7th, 2014 at 10:38 am said:

@45 people are pissed with all the Indies because we bought a $300 system with the expectation of full AAA game support. The Indies on PSN are overpriced and often very late (Fez, Minecraft) compared to PC and other consoles. I could buy Fez for 5 bucks in a steam sale easily, why is it at least double that on PSN?

As for the IGC, an Indie or two a month is fine. But we have ZERO full games this month on the IGC. we have Indies and PSP games. If I want Indies, ill play them on Steam. if I want PSP games, id buy a PSP. I bought a VIta for experiences only available on Vita

+ CraddaPoosta on April 7th, 2014 at 10:43 am said:

@45; Mando44646 has succinctly summed it up for me.

Anyone who wants indie games can have them on any number of other platforms, but mostly Android/iOS.

And that’s FINE; keep them there. But, most of us didn’t buy a Vita so we could play 99-cent apps on it.

If the indie genre is the direction the Vita is going in, then I will likely never purchase another portable gaming console that Sony puts out. I, and hundreds of thousands of other Vita owners, want to play AAA console-quality titles on this device. Not three-year-old ports of games that are cheaper on Android.

You said, “Keep playing Killzone, Gravity Rush, Soul Sacrifice, Toukiden, FFX, and all the other AAA’s. And if those don’t interest you, why did you get a Vita in the first place?”

Yes, those types of games DO interest me. THAT is why I got a Vita in the first place. Glad you recognized that.

+ Aalicia on April 7th, 2014 at 10:45 am said:

I see gravity rush, uncharted golden abyss, and wipeout 2048 are gonna be around another week…

+ MakoSoul on April 7th, 2014 at 10:46 am said:

@Mando44646 Arkham City is a full game. Stop complaining.

+ MakoSoul on April 7th, 2014 at 10:47 am said:

You know what would be awesome? If Stealth Inc was full cross-buy and we got the PS4 version too.

PAGE 1 2 3 4