PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Futuridium EP Deluxe Coming to PS4

Mauro Fanelli's Avatar + Posted by Mauro Fanelli on Apr 09, 2014 // Cofounder, MixedBag

Just a little over a month ago, we announced that our first game — the crazy fast-and-colourful space shooter, Futuridium — was coming to PS Vita in an all new, exclusive, greatly enhanced and expanded version titled Futuridium EP Deluxe.

And what was one of the first reactions we received from our dear PlayStation.Blog readers?

“We want it on PS4, too! And fast!”

Duly noted. We just couldn’t ignore such heartfelt appeals, and so after some help from the amazing European PlayStation team — and some wizardry (read: programming and boring stuff) — we can now announce that Futuridium EP Deluxe is coming soon to PS Vita and PS4, exclusively. Here’s a little gameplay preview from the big console version:

For the readers not familiar with the game, Futuridium EP Deluxe is a fast, old-school shooter inspired mainly by the 8-bit classic Uridium, with an added hint of Zaxxon. Shake all that up in low-poly graphics, topped by a ton of fullscreen post processing effects, and served ice cold for your cube blasting pleasure.

As a lone starship pilot lost in a dimensional loop with a depleting energy bar, you’ll encounter endless waves of giant space dreadnoughts. Your only hope? Destroy the blue energy cubes on them to refill your tank and expose the main power core, which must be destroyed to move on to the next ship.

Your weapons? Your skill as a pilot, and the amazing speed of your starship — with the added ability to turn 180 degrees on the spot at the press of a button.

Your mission? Earn as many points as possible, aiming for the top of the different leaderboards, of course! To do so, you must hone your reflexes and master the nuances of Futuridium’s score system, based on multipliers and frantic cube chaining.

While we’re still not ready to uncover all the new stuff we’re adding to the game — you’ll need to wait for another PlayStation.Blog post for that — you can already have a glimpse of some new features in the gameplay trailer.

Turbo zones? Check. New enemies? Check. Teleport portals? Check!

And about the PlayStation 4 version, here’s what you can expect:

• 1080p in glorious 60 frames per second
  • Even more dazzling visual effects thanks to the PS4’s added power
  • Leaderboards shared with the PS Vita version
  • Cool DualShock 4 features
  • Full sharing support so you can stream your best run
  • Simultaneous PS Vita / PS4 launch
  • Cross buy

Thanks for your time — we’ll share more info about our games here on PlayStation.Blog in the coming weeks. Meanwhile, you can follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and our website to read more about Futuridium EP Deluxe and our action adventure game, forma.8, also coming to PS4 and PS Vita by the end of the year.

If you have any questions, I’ll be lurking in the comment section down here, ready to answer!

+ saab01 on April 9th, 2014 at 8:13 am said:

Priced at 10 bucks right?

Mauro Fanelli's Avatar

+ Mauro Fanelli on April 9th, 2014 at 9:07 am said:

Priced VERY reasonably. :)
    Can’t confirm a price point, but it’ll be less than 10 bucks.

+ MrRabini on April 9th, 2014 at 8:55 am said:

release date??

Mauro Fanelli's Avatar

+ Mauro Fanelli on April 9th, 2014 at 9:07 am said:

No firm release date for now.
    It’ll be as soon as possible, and it’s not too far away.

+ Drew_Croft on April 9th, 2014 at 9:21 am said:

Less than 10?! So hinting at it being in the Instant Game Collection? :P

+ plaztiksyke on April 9th, 2014 at 9:35 am said:

stereoscopic 3DTV support on the PS4 version? we love Trine 2 and Zen Pinall 2’s great 3D support, and this game screams for it!

I hope Sony fixes the GPU drivers that prevent 1080p 3D @ 60hz, but the 720p 3D in the aforementioned games is a revelation over the 3D in most PS3 games.

will the PS4 version have 24-bit FLAC audio assets? what are the quality of the audio assets on the VIta version?

excited to hear more about the DualShock 4 and/or PS4 Camera features :)

Mauro Fanelli's Avatar

+ Mauro Fanelli on April 9th, 2014 at 10:13 am said:

Hi!

We’re investigating 3DTV support, but can’t promise anything for now. Sure we’re interested.

Highest quality audio as possible on both platform, all sound effects uncompressed 48kHz and music is a top priority. ;)

+ gus_xl on April 9th, 2014 at 9:50 am said:

I love these types of games on my Vita. I just have to figure out what game I’m going to kick off my memory card now…

+ TheFunkyPhantom on April 9th, 2014 at 10:23 am said:

These are the kinds of games I bought my PS4 for. Sony getting games like this is just fantastic. This reminds me a lot of a faster and better looking StarBlade.

+ saiyanknight87 on April 9th, 2014 at 10:29 am said:

This like like endless gummy ship gameplay not to say that’s bad but it definitely reminds me of a trip on the gummy ship from Kingdom hearts lol

+ sullivangamerz on April 9th, 2014 at 10:44 am said:

Is this like one of those games where you race to your own music I’ve been looking for one but I don’t know where to look, can someone help me.

+ saab01 on April 9th, 2014 at 10:52 am said:

Less than 10 bucks so $9.99

Haha

Mauro Fanelli's Avatar

+ Mauro Fanelli on April 9th, 2014 at 11:05 am said:

Ahah, really can’t discuss it now, but we’re aiming for a bit less. :)

+ Welmosca on April 9th, 2014 at 10:58 am said:

This looks good…its right up my alley,just my type of game…nice that is cross-buy but I’ll be getting for Vita anyway.

+ MakoSoul on April 9th, 2014 at 11:12 am said:

Whoa, this looks pretty awesome. After watching the video, it seems like this game would be really awesome with a co-op/competitive race mode.

Imagine four ships going at the same the time competing to get to the end first with the most amount of points… sounds awesome.

Mauro Fanelli's Avatar

+ Mauro Fanelli on April 9th, 2014 at 2:31 pm said:

Thanks, co-op / competitive mode is something that we would want to explore down the line.

Definitely won’t be in the initial release, but since your ship leaves a long trail, it’ll be awesome to have four of them on screen at the same time. :)

+ saab01 on April 9th, 2014 at 11:20 am said:

Will a demo be planned ? Or is it one of those type of games that you buy and take a chance on? So far I like the gameplay style but a couple games fooled me in the past which ended up getting very little gameplay value. Hopefully this is not the case here.

Mauro Fanelli's Avatar

+ Mauro Fanelli on April 9th, 2014 at 2:27 pm said:

Let’s say, if things goes as planned, there’ll be lots of opportunities to test out the game before buying.

Also, there’s a free PC/MAC version out. Keep in mind that compared to what the PS4/PSVita version will offer in terms of content, levels, features and gameplay extra it’s a little more than a demo. ;)

+ God-Of-Lyf on April 9th, 2014 at 12:57 pm said:

Cool, a Atari Jaguar quality game on the PS4 whats next, 3DO???

Mauro Fanelli's Avatar

+ Mauro Fanelli on April 9th, 2014 at 2:27 pm said:

Always loved the good ol’ 3DO :)

+ nour321 on April 9th, 2014 at 1:22 pm said:

Its free on the mac app store if you guys in the comments want to check it out before buying it, its not my type of game, it gets boring really fast. But a lot of other people would enjoy this game, I hope more games like this can release on the vita, something that you can play for a few minutes to keep you occupied.

Good luck with the game, I hope it becomes successful on the ps4 :)

Mauro Fanelli's Avatar

+ Mauro Fanelli on April 9th, 2014 at 2:30 pm said:

Thanks for the support and thanks for trying out the free Mac version.

Really enhancing the PlayStation version, more than a port is a full sequel. On steroids. ;)
    We’ll reveal all the features, levels and so on soon, and there’s a lot of stuff.

+ Baroque-Legacy on April 9th, 2014 at 1:38 pm said:

Another vote for stereoscopic 3-D! Some of us DO like this stuff! Also, uncompressed audio would be a nice treat as well, but whatever happens, this looks to be a fantastic game in a genre that I hold dear to my heart! THANK YOU!!!!

+ PrimeroIncognito on April 9th, 2014 at 1:48 pm said:

Looks like a modern HyperZone (SNES).

And that’s a good thing. :)

Mauro Fanelli's Avatar

+ Mauro Fanelli on April 9th, 2014 at 2:24 pm said:

Thanks! :)

+ gamemaniac3434 on April 9th, 2014 at 4:32 pm said:

This pleases me. The more and more cool little indie games that come to VIta, the stronger it gets and considering next to PC its my favorite gaming console, that makes me real happy. Hope it turns out to be a reaaaal good game!

+ tusunami on April 9th, 2014 at 4:46 pm said:

The games are coming for those of little faith now its time to up grade that hard drive for sure!!!!!!!!!!!

+ tusunami on April 9th, 2014 at 6:16 pm said:

Wow I just read the post and there is another game coming out this year as well from this studio spectacular!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mauro Fanelli's Avatar

+ Mauro Fanelli on April 10th, 2014 at 6:00 am said:

Two person studio = two games! :)

+ waldowalso on April 9th, 2014 at 7:31 pm said:

Countless people still own PS3. Release for that system and I’ll buy it. Not planning a PS4 upgrade for years to come. Sorry.

+ jenyjhon on April 10th, 2014 at 9:09 am said:

M­y l­a­­s­t p­a­y c­h­­e­c­k w­a­s $­8­­5­o­o ­w­o­r­k­i­n­g 1­o h­o­u­r­s a w­e­e­k o­n­l­i­n­e­. M­y y­o­u­n­g­e­r b­r­o­t­h­e­r f­r­i­e­n­d h­a­s b­e­e­n a­v­e­r­a­g­i­n­g 1­2­k f­o­r m­o­n­t­h­s ­n­o­w a­n­d h­e w­o­r­k­s a­b­o­u­t 2­2 h­o­u­r­s a w­e­e­k­. I c­a­n­’­t b­e­l­i­e­v­e h­o­w e­a­s­y i­t w­a­s o­n­c­e I t­r­i­e­d i­t o­u­t­. T­h­i­s i­s w­h­a­t I d­o.­.­.­.­. ..­­­www.j­o­b­s­35.ℭℴℳ

+ Deimoxx on April 10th, 2014 at 4:40 pm said:

Awesome! I played hours and hours of Uridium on the C64. Also a massive Zaxxon fan. You may have created
my ultimate shooter. Maybe a splash of Galaga ontop ;). Looks fantastic!