PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

PS Vita: Soul Sacrifice Delta, Freedom Wars, Oreshika Confirmed for N. America

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on Apr 14, 2014 // Senior Manager, Social Media

Today we’re really happy to announce a trio of brand new PS Vita games from our JAPAN Studio: Soul Sacrifice Delta, an expanded edition of last year’s acclaimed dark fantasy adventure; dystopian action RPG Freedom Wars; and stunning JRPG Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines.

Soul Sacrifice Delta will be first to arrive on May 13th, and we’ll confirm more details around Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines and Freedom Wars in the coming months. For now, I’ll hand over to the games’ respective producers to tell you more about each title. And then later today look out for an interview with JAPAN Studio chief Allan Becker.

Soul Sacrifice Delta on PS Vita

Soul Sacrifice Delta

Soul Sacrifice Delta is the ultimate edition of Soul Sacrifice with tons of new content and improvements. Grim, the faction who believes in neutrality in all things, joins the blood thirsty Avalon and the merciful Sanctuary, and adds a third angle to bring the Delta in Soul Sacrifice. Grim’s beliefs, rooted in the prophecy they will seek to realise, will bring about irrevocable changes to the world as we know it.

The concept of faction is now at the heart of the game with players able to join the side of their choice, each with their own strengths and play styles. Players from each faction can now register their overall progress.

Soul Sacrifice Delta brings a lot of new content as well, with new Archfiends inspired by dark retellings of classic fairy tales, new sorcerers, arenas, spells and even more quests.

We have also made many improvements to the game design and systems: the graphics engine has been optimized, some arenas are now dynamic with weather effects and structural changes during battle, the spells system has been refined and allows for more collaborative and deeper gameplay.

Soul Sacrifice Delta on PS VitaSoul Sacrifice Delta on PS VitaSoul Sacrifice Delta on PS Vita

We’ve also improved the AI of the Archfiends, who are now more vicious than ever. Finally, we’ve taken character customization to a new level, with the ability to mix custom parts and accessories.

Save data from Soul sacrifice including story progression, costumes, offerings, sigils, black rites, life/soul essence and lacrima (up to 10,000) will carry over to Soul Sacrifice Delta! So, if you transfer your save data from Soul Sacrifice, the story progression will carry over and you can continue on with your adventure in Soul Sacrifice Delta.

So that’s Soul Sacrifice Delta in a nutshell, but please stay tuned for more information soon. – Kumi Yuasa

Freedom Wars on PS Vita

Freedom Wars

We’re excited to finally announce that Freedom Wars is coming to North America! Some of you may have caught wind of the team working on this title, but JAPAN Studio, Shift and Dimps have joined forces to create an action-packed RPG on PlayStation Vita!

Freedom Wars is set in a dystopian world which harbors prisoners, each with a million-year sentence set from birth. You take on the role of a prisoner, forced to fight for your freedom by completing rescue missions that will reduce your seemingly insurmountable prison sentence.

Freedom Wars on PS VitaFreedom Wars on PS Vita

Supported by a robust multiplayer suite, up to four players can play via Ad-Hoc and eight players via Online to fight civilian Abducters; the more civilians you set free, the shorter your sentence becomes. In addition to the challenging co-op gameplay, you’ll be pleased to know that the game has many customizable features ranging from weapon load-outs to the protagonist itself! Check out our new trailer and make sure to stay tuned for more news on Freedom Wars, launching later this year! – Dais Kawaguchi

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines on PS Vita

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines

Next up we have Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines which is one that you JRPG fans need to have on your radar. “What does ‘Oreshika’ mean?”, I hear you cry. Actually the full title in Japanese is ‘Ore no Shikabane wo Koete Yuke’ which means something along the lines of ‘Go Forth Over My Dead Body’.

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines on PS VitaOreshika: Tainted Bloodlines

In case you haven’t guessed it by now it’s an RPG in which you take charge of an ancient Japanese clan that have been cursed with a maximum lifespan of just 2 years. Your task is to lead the clan on their quest to lift the curse and enlist the help of gods inspired by Japanese mythology to make sure each new generation of the clan is more powerful than the last.

We’ve got some screenshots to show off the beautiful Japanese art style of the characters and environments, but it looks even more fantastic on the PS Vita screen! We’ve got lots more details to share on this one very soon so stay tuned. – Tomoyo Kimura

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ Mister-Nep on April 14th, 2014 at 7:25 am said:

So excited for all three titles! Oreshika was a total surprise though.

+ Tyrannikos on April 14th, 2014 at 7:27 am said:

I expected the first two, but Oreshika was a real surprise. Very glad it’s coming over. The Vita is really taking a toll on my wallet this year. Love it!

+ Sonicfan11589 on April 14th, 2014 at 7:27 am said:

Sounds good. I liked Soul Sacrifice, but i wasn’t the most addicted to it as some other players were, but i will check it out the updated version.

+ Alpha6Nine on April 14th, 2014 at 7:28 am said:

I LOVE YOU SONY

+ SarshelYam on April 14th, 2014 at 7:29 am said:

Fantastic lineup. I can’t wait! Any idea if these are receiving both physical & digital releases?

+ ISLAND-THUNDER on April 14th, 2014 at 7:29 am said:

Yeah Freedom Wars is coming over here, I knew it!

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Dais Kawaguchi on April 14th, 2014 at 10:42 am said:

We’re glad to hear that you are excited!

+ EddyC__ on April 14th, 2014 at 7:29 am said:

*heavybreathing.jpeg* Guess I should really finish up Soul Sacrifice before Delta arrives. Like Sid and his ramblings of Dark Souls before 2 arrived in the blogcast (catching up).

+ Sonicfan11589 on April 14th, 2014 at 7:30 am said:

I just checked out the trailer for Freedom Wars, looks fun. Is it like the other hack and slash RPG’s such as Phantasy Star Online and Ragnarok Odyssey?

+ AssaultMonkey150 on April 14th, 2014 at 7:30 am said:

Vita definitely has more than enough Monster Hunter-type games.

What it needs are some real AAA games from Capcom, Namco, etc.

How about a resident evil game similar to the 3DS and then console ports?

What about a true diablo clone, the vita has plenty of horsepower for a torchlight-type experience.

Instead of off the wall JRPGs that will never sell, lets get Square Enix to make a Bravely Default/traditional FF game. Hell, it doesn’t have to be exclusive, it can be on 3DS as well.

Such a shame that most of my vita library are games I could play on my PS3. Such a powerful system that Sony isn’t supporting the right way

+ Gigidy17 on April 14th, 2014 at 7:30 am said:

Thank you I thought I was going to have to import freedom wars hopefully gundam breaker can get localized aswell

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Dais Kawaguchi on April 14th, 2014 at 10:52 am said:

THANK YOU for voicing your interest! We’re glad to be able to release Freedom Wars in North America!

+ Fate_Shirou on April 14th, 2014 at 7:32 am said:

Buying Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines and Freedom wars day one, keep the localization coming!

+ liammill18 on April 14th, 2014 at 7:32 am said:

I’M THROWING MONEY AT THE SCREEN BUT NOTHING’S HAPPENING THANK YOU BASED SONY

+ TheWintendoHii on April 14th, 2014 at 7:33 am said:

Now this is what I’m talking about! About time Sony focused on bringing us decent EXCLUSIVE 1st party content on the Vita. Not ports, remakes or indies. But actual exclusive retail games designed with the Vita in mind. Keep this up Sony, this is what the Vita truly needs to be successful. Now just officially announce Tales of Hearts R already! We know its coming with the recent leak. Just make it official!

+ oversevethousand on April 14th, 2014 at 7:33 am said:

Fantastic, fantastic, and fantastic news! I can’t wait to get my hands on all of these.

Regarding Soul Sacrifice: Will we be hearing more about how data carried over effects the game in the future?

+ ioshi_US on April 14th, 2014 at 7:33 am said:

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines day 1 buy !!!!!

+ cronqvist on April 14th, 2014 at 7:34 am said:

So very excited for Freedom Wars. I’m getting a Vita when the new model comes out, and Freedom Wars is one of my most anticipated games.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Dais Kawaguchi on April 14th, 2014 at 10:56 am said:

Thank you for your support!
    We can’t wait to get Freedom Wars in your hands!

+ jengo-bengo on April 14th, 2014 at 7:34 am said:

+ samv33 on April 14th, 2014 at 7:36 am said:

Go Forth Over My Dead Body is a better title than the one they settled on. Looks interesting no matter what it’s called anyway.
And yeah, I’ve had my fill of Monster Hunter-type games, but I know others can’t get enough of them.

Where’s a Dark Souls-esque RPG for the Vita? That’d be rad.

+ Gigidy17 on April 14th, 2014 at 7:36 am said:

Does freedom wars have a release date? Out of my PS4 ,PS3, and PSVITA I tend to play my VITA alot more

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Dais Kawaguchi on April 14th, 2014 at 1:15 pm said:

We don’t have the exact release date yet but we will be releasing it in 2014.
    Please stay tuned as we will be releasing more information in the coming months!

+ TheExiled12894 on April 14th, 2014 at 7:36 am said:

I can’t wait. Buy all of these!

+ G-Force08 on April 14th, 2014 at 7:37 am said:

Sweet! All games that I was waiting to hear localization announcements for. I know these are all SCE games that have been announced for localization, but the next Vita games I *really* would like to see stateside are Phantasy Star Online 2 and God Eater 2.

+ AriesWarlock on April 14th, 2014 at 7:38 am said:

I hope we get to see a Soul Sacrifice video on how the graphics engine has improved, and the other updates, too.

+ Sonicfan11589 on April 14th, 2014 at 7:40 am said:

I just heard on another gaming news site that Soul Sacrifice Delta releases May 13 for NA.

+ oversevethousand on April 14th, 2014 at 7:40 am said:

@9
Aw go be a killjoy somewhere else.

Anyway, hunting games have become something of a genre of their own now, and both of the ones announced here look to be very unique experiences. They’re hardly two more Monstee Hunter clones to toss on the nonexistent pile of already existing clones – all there is is arguably Toukiden for clones.

As for “AAA” games? That seems to be less and less a descriptor of anything objective and more and more a wors for anything that people especially like.

And isn’t the idea that Vita delivers games just as well as a PS3? I see no logic in that complaint – or most of what you’re saying, frankly. All Sony is doing here is bringing some games over. Bamco is supporting the Vita in Japan and Capcom is barely making new games at all right now, so I doubt handhelds are much of a priority. Be realistic here.

+ Edzo04ps on April 14th, 2014 at 7:42 am said:

Holy crap Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines! Also insanely hyped for Freedom Wars. Looks so damn good

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Dais Kawaguchi on April 14th, 2014 at 1:20 pm said:

Thanks Edzo04ps!

+ Fardeenah on April 14th, 2014 at 7:42 am said:

i like that vita is getting new games but i am sick of these monster hunter clones. vita needs better games and nwe triple A games not just clones

+ GeoDarky on April 14th, 2014 at 7:42 am said:

OMG! Day 1 for all of those thanks you so much for bringing these awesome Japanese titles to the west

+ JonJonXD on April 14th, 2014 at 7:43 am said:

Freedom Wars looks amazing. Looks like that is my next Vita game!

+ erapago on April 14th, 2014 at 7:45 am said:

I’ve been doubting your Vita support for months, but today, you’ve turned me around. Thanks for surprising me with so many great announcements that I can’t think straight.

+ Shadow_Enz on April 14th, 2014 at 7:45 am said:

Confirmation of retail releases of these titles please? I know it may seem silly, but these days, you never know.

+ Shadow_Enz on April 14th, 2014 at 7:45 am said:

And by “retail release” I mean “physical media”.

+ Pabloo1010 on April 14th, 2014 at 7:46 am said:

YES! I WANT ALL 3!

Now Sony…Final Fantasy TYPE 0 and Minecraft retail and PS Vita bundles! C’mon!

+ Zepherj on April 14th, 2014 at 7:48 am said:

So excited for Freedom Wars and Oreshika. Now we just need some information on Gravity Rush 2….

+ Elvick_ on April 14th, 2014 at 7:48 am said:

Please retail for all three.

+ rekka_zan on April 14th, 2014 at 7:50 am said:

Hello, I just came here to say that I love you guys at PlayStation.
And that I’m still waiting for Gravity Rush 2.
And God Eater 2.
I think I’ll get Freedom Wars and Oreshika. SS Delta, hmm maybe if I’ve got spare money.
Keep up the good work!

+ darron13 on April 14th, 2014 at 7:50 am said:

I’ll be getting all 3

Now just bring be God Eater 2 and the circle will be complete

+ Pabloo1010 on April 14th, 2014 at 7:51 am said:

I’ve been stalking Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines ( Over my dead bodies ) for a while now. It’s trailers are beautiful, I hope the gameplay can match it’s presentation.

+ kingzetta on April 14th, 2014 at 7:52 am said:

You know a north american VitaTV would go really great with these games. *wink wink*

+ Mabdia on April 14th, 2014 at 7:52 am said:

Wow!!! Just one thing can make it even better: be able to chose the original japanese voice acting. Make it happen please.

+ FoxMarduk on April 14th, 2014 at 7:52 am said:

Please keep the Oreshika 2 Japanese box art.

+ juuichi-11 on April 14th, 2014 at 7:54 am said:

EXCITED bout FREEDOM WARS. Thanks guys. Now waiting J-Stars and SwordArt Online to hit NA too! :D

+ duwin2008 on April 14th, 2014 at 7:54 am said:

make the limited edition if u want my money.

+ shadow15972 on April 14th, 2014 at 7:55 am said:

I hope Freedom wars is as good as I think its gonna be.
Either way, glad to see more games get localized! :)

+ IIL0YDII on April 14th, 2014 at 7:58 am said:

+ Ryumoau on April 14th, 2014 at 7:58 am said:

wasn’t a big fan of the original soul sacrifice, so no interest in Delta. I am interested in the other two rpgs though. :)

+ FearMonkey on April 14th, 2014 at 8:01 am said:

Best news ever?

Best news ever.

+ xXzerosandonesXx on April 14th, 2014 at 8:05 am said:

: O

I want them all!

+ GStylez1980 on April 14th, 2014 at 8:06 am said:

As much as I love all of the indie love that Vita has received, I’m very excited to see three AAA Vita exclusives announced for the system. And developed/lovingly-crafted by Sony Japan Studios! What’s even more exciting is that these games were announced ahead of E3. Sony could’ve easily been shown during the Sony presser to highlight Vita games coming to the platform by the end of the year. The fact that you guys announced these strictly through the blog and other media outlets has me truly intrigued by what E3, Gamescom, and other trade shows hold for the PSVita. Well done!

+ Mando44646 on April 14th, 2014 at 8:09 am said:

I cant wait! I want all of these. Fantastic to see games like this for once instead of endless Indies. I hope we get even more from you guys in the future :)

+ NekoNiv on April 14th, 2014 at 8:09 am said:

This great and all, but i have to ask.. .. Why is it that, NA & EU players have wait 4 to 6 months (some cases more then a year) for a Japanese game to be released in other languages that are npt Japanese or Chinese?

Other Sony 1st party devs release their games in multiple languages on the same date (most cases the same week) , no problem. A lot of people would like to not import a game just so they can play with thier friends from japan.

PAGE 1 2 3 4