LittleBigPlanet 3

The Walking Dead: Season Two Coming to PS Vita Tuesday

Laura Perusco's Avatar + Posted by Laura Perusco on Apr 17, 2014 // Community Lead, Telltale Games

Have you been looking forward to The Walking Dead: Season Two on PS Vita? We’re pleased to announce that Episodes 1 and 2 will premiere on Vita next Tuesday, April 22nd.

The Walking Dead S2 on PS Vita

Each episode is $4.99 – or you can save 20% over purchasing each of the episodes individually by getting the Season Pass.

We’re only partway through the season, so Vita players have the chance to catch up before the debut of Episode 3 – ‘In Harm’s Way’.

Thanks for reading, and as ever, don’t hesitate to share your questions and comments below!

61 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ endustry94 on April 17th, 2014 at 6:05 am said:

Now this is the stuff that bums me out. I’ve already purchased the season pass for the PS3 version. I would much rather have it for the PS Vita. :(

+ LarsenNET on April 17th, 2014 at 6:06 am said:

Will it have cross-buy? Will it have a platinum trophy?

+ smoothboarder540 on April 17th, 2014 at 6:14 am said:

Will Vita players be catching up just in time to get behind again? I don’t like buying games or dlc that is already available on another system months beforehand.

+ smoothboarder540 on April 17th, 2014 at 6:19 am said:

Don’t get me wrong, I love these games. If the transitions between scenes were smoother, especially on Vita, these games world be perfect. But season 1 just wasn’t as fun on Vita because I had already played it about a year earlier on ps3.

+ kristof666 on April 17th, 2014 at 6:19 am said:

Tempting…

+ ytterbiumanalyst on April 17th, 2014 at 6:20 am said:

@2 LarsenNET:

Season 1 was not cross-buy but did have a platinum trophy. You had to complete all five episodes to get the platinum. I would expect the same here.

+ jhernandez360 on April 17th, 2014 at 6:21 am said:

I feel like you guys are taking advantage of us through the Vita, as much as i would love the Vita version I too already bought the season pass for the PS3 so I wont be purchasing this, and I encourage other people Not to also! Don’t let them get away with it again!!

+ Amir130 on April 17th, 2014 at 6:22 am said:

it’s awesome
Thanks

+ Mando44646 on April 17th, 2014 at 6:28 am said:

I’d love to support you but I got tired of waiting for you to support us on Vita. I bought it on PS3 months ago and unless it is cross buy, I will not be buying this on Vita. It really sucks that you support iOS over real gaming platforms like Vita

+ JimmyHACK on April 17th, 2014 at 6:33 am said:

Season 2 does not have platinums (and will not) for PS3/Vita

+ GStylez1980 on April 17th, 2014 at 6:34 am said:

@endustry94 and @jhernandez360

What are you guys talking about!?

Telltale made it very clear back in October 2013 that Season 2 of The Walking Dead was coming to Vita (see: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/29/the-walking-dead-season-two-coming-to-ps3-and-ps-vita/.)

It is not their fault that you didn’t keep yourselves well-informed on what platforms the game was coming to. You bought the season pass for PS3 with information right in front of you that the same game was coming to Vita. If you didn’t make an informed decision, you have to blame yourselves and yourselves only.

How is Telltale “taking advantage of us through the Vita” when they informee everyone on this blog that the game was coming to Vita over 6 months ago?! Encouraging people to boycott this game is completely asinine. Even if you own the PS3 version, you could play back through the game on Vita and make completely different choices and see different storylines. That’s my plan, anyway. Please get informed before making crazy comments.

+ elchorno on April 17th, 2014 at 6:38 am said:

I’m glad it is finally coming to the Vita, but I’d be more excited if the title of the post said “The Wolf Among Us” is coming to Vita on Tuesday. :(

+ GStylez1980 on April 17th, 2014 at 6:38 am said:

@mando44646 – Why would Telltale put their games on iOS before Vita? Simple: Install base. It’s a company that wants to profit, right? The install base for iPhones and iPads dwarf the Vita’s install base. I understand you not wanting to double dip on the game (don’t blame you one bit). But you have to understand the dollar and cents behind their reasoning…just be happy that they support the platform at all. And continue to evangelize how awesome the Vita is and get friends/family to buy the thing. 3rd-parties will only support the Vita if gamers do first.

+ IceDragon437 on April 17th, 2014 at 6:40 am said:

Woohoo! Very excited. Especially since I got rid of my PS3 when the PS4 came out. Any idea when The Wolf Among Us will do this?

+ SuperFlyXXI on April 17th, 2014 at 6:41 am said:

At the very least… needs Cross-Save support.

+ Gorvi on April 17th, 2014 at 6:42 am said:

Awesome news and great timing for me. I just finished Season 1 and 400 Days yesterday. :)

+ gwarlito on April 17th, 2014 at 6:51 am said:

If this season would’ve released on Vita at the same as the other consoles, I would’ve definitely purchased it on Vita and would have preferred it being on my Vita. But I bought it on PS3 because the Vita timeframe appeared to be forgotten.

My question is will episode 3 be released on Vita the same day as PS3?

Same goes for The Wolf Among Us. I love your product, I love both of the series I just mentioned, and I plan on getting Tales from Borderlands and Game of Thrones. If Vita support is going to continue, I’d love to see a little bit of an update on when and if they’ll release compared to consoles.

+ TigerStealth on April 17th, 2014 at 6:55 am said:

Do decisions from season 1 carry over into season 2? I played season 1 on Vita and still have my save file.

+ dydazzy on April 17th, 2014 at 6:57 am said:

Awesome! Thank you for bringing this to the Vita. I’m looking forward to playing this. I bought The Walking Dead Vita bundle last year just for your game and I have not regretted it at all. Keep bringing games (and more seasons) to the Vita.

+ m10020327 on April 17th, 2014 at 7:00 am said:

That’s great! Weirdly I’ve managed to hold out and not purchase it on PS3, (most likely because I only use it for GTA now since I got the PS4). But I would’ve liked for it to say “Wolf Among Us coming next Tuesday” since it was released before TWD! Nonetheless, I’m excited for this especially since they’re launching with two episodes!

+ syzygyC on April 17th, 2014 at 7:38 am said:

Awesome news. It’s always nice to get a release date on something you’ve wanted to play for a while. Even better when the release date is so close!

+ luvtoseek on April 17th, 2014 at 7:58 am said:

Cheers Laura! Thanks for the announcement! Can ye tell me if the Vita Save file from Season 1 can be loaded for this season?

+ spfan79 on April 17th, 2014 at 8:03 am said:

that’s cool! however like the others i bought the season pass but on xbox 360, so i will be playing it on there when they come out

i have beaten season 1 and 400 days on 360 as well but bought season 1 on my vita so i could play it on the go since i loved it so much and would play it all over again

maybe in the far future i will buy it again for the vita, dunno though since so far i dont really like season 2, yes i know only 2 eps, but i just didnt get the same feel i did with season 1, 400 days.. didnt like it at all

+ Green-Elf on April 17th, 2014 at 8:09 am said:

Is there any hope for a physical release of this game or is it going to be DLC only? I know I’d have to wait till they are are all released. Just wondering.

+ Vinsgwan on April 17th, 2014 at 8:23 am said:

is there any hope it will come to PS+ for next month?? just wondering..

+ Borshay on April 17th, 2014 at 8:34 am said:

I’m with Green-Elf, I’d love to have physical copy like Season 1. If its not cost effective enough I’d understand, but until we have confirmation on it I’ll hold off on buying Season 2.
Game looks great & I’ll absolutely be buying once we know if its going to have a retail version.

As to everyone crying about the lateness of the Vita version… they announced it before they released episode 1. If you lacked the ability to wait until the Vita version came out, that is your problem. Not on Telltale.

+ NinjaMicWZ on April 17th, 2014 at 8:45 am said:

Also expressing my interest in a physical release on Vita when Season 2 is finished. Walking Dead comes from comics, it speaks to collectors, and it would be so nice to see both Season 1 & 2 sitting side by side.

I bought Season 1 in three places… physical PS3, digital Steam, physical Vita. Vita is my favorite version to play and have.

+ Fardeenah on April 17th, 2014 at 8:56 am said:

if u can promise that episode 3-5 will be released on the same release date as the ps3 , pc , ios version then i am willing to buy it. day one. i dont want to wait for a few months before the next episode to come out.

+ dkarlowicz10 on April 17th, 2014 at 9:19 am said:

I loved Walking Dead Season 1 on PS3 so much, that I bought it again for PS Vita. Can’t wait to play Season 2 on the Vita. Any chance of bringing older Telltale games like Hector, Sam and Max and Monkey Island to the Vita??? That would be really great to see.

+ Rainwater on April 17th, 2014 at 10:03 am said:

Cool, thanks a lot! Really looking forward to an update on the status of the Vita version of Wolf Among Us too.

+ Valde_zerocool on April 17th, 2014 at 10:14 am said:

Does this mean starting with Ep 3 the episodes will be a simul release? Regardless I cannot wait for Tuesday, my PS3 has been broken so I missed out on episode 2.

On the Vita note will we be seeing Wolf Among Us coming soon?

+ MrBanballow on April 17th, 2014 at 10:42 am said:

This has been a hella long March good to see it finally ending. =P
Two quick questions…
1. Will future episodes come out around the same time as other platforms, or will we have to wait extra time for them? Article makes it sound like we’ll be keeping release parity from here on. *Fingers crossed*
2. Wolf Among Us?

+ BoD_GodlessGOD on April 17th, 2014 at 11:01 am said:

I want to play season two on PS4 so I’ve been holding off buying it… I’ll hold off even longer if they’re not going to allow your PS3 choices from season one to transfer over to season 2 on PS4.

+ Sharp_andPointy on April 17th, 2014 at 11:08 am said:

Yippy skippy! I will pick up a PSN card tuesday morning.

+ RR99i on April 17th, 2014 at 11:41 am said:

I’m hoping once Season 2 is over, that we might see a retail release like Season 1 for the PlayStation Vita. I was one of the Vita owners that bought the retail version of Season 1 the day it was released. :)

+ tusunami on April 17th, 2014 at 11:45 am said:

For me I like waiting until all of the episodes are out then I will buy this so that I can play all the way through. Really know rush for me since I have a PS3,PS Vita,PS4.

+ Matrix_Lion on April 17th, 2014 at 12:55 pm said:

I’m having a hard time finding a OLED PSVITA

+ fivexl on April 17th, 2014 at 1:16 pm said:

i wish this was cross-save. i started on my PS3 but would much rather finish it on my vita.

@37 try amazon, thats where i got mine

+ Wayndawind on April 17th, 2014 at 1:17 pm said:

Come on i have season1 and 2 on ps3. can we see a discount or something? but again i guess im not missing anything. Ha:)

+ Matrix_Lion on April 17th, 2014 at 1:29 pm said:

@38 fivexl much appreciated

+ exjraordinary on April 17th, 2014 at 1:43 pm said:

to 39… I agree developers need to either support cross save or cross buy.. Or in this instance give us owners of the ps3 version a discount. I bought on ps3 only because I couldnt wait any longer. Then wolf among us on Ipad because it was 5 months later, Vita is my preferred game console. So on the next episodes/games release day and date with the other versions.

Also Im sure Wolf Among Us is ready too, but they are prolly waiting a week or two not to cannibalize their own sales with 2 games released the same day. Way back they said Wolf/Walking be available Spring 2014 so I’m sure Wolf not far behind, Amazing game by the way. If any of you love Walking Dead , I would actually say Wolf is superior and to definitely grab it when it comes out.

+ D-Squad3 on April 17th, 2014 at 1:48 pm said:

Will The Walking Dead Season 2 have a Platinum Trophy?

+ loadstone007s on April 17th, 2014 at 2:08 pm said:

Awesome news!
Also waiting for Wolf

+ Elvick_ on April 17th, 2014 at 2:23 pm said:

I’m waiting for an eventually retail release of the whole season.

I hope you guys do that again, because I will buy it day 1.

+ Elvick_ on April 17th, 2014 at 2:23 pm said:

eventual*

+ StalkerD on April 17th, 2014 at 3:22 pm said:

Finally! I held up on buying this and Wolf Among Us to wait for the Vita version =)

+ lilmiklo209 on April 17th, 2014 at 3:52 pm said:

Yes! Now all we need is The Wolf Among Us.

+ sleepy92 on April 17th, 2014 at 4:27 pm said:

Will season 1 need to be downloaded on the Vita to transfer your save file to season 2? I have my save file uploaded to the PS+ cloud, but deleted the game after I beat it.

I’m glad to hear Vita owners won’t be getting the middle finger the whole season by being the only platform that has to wait like we usually do for Telltale’s games.

+ ItaChu on April 17th, 2014 at 4:28 pm said:

I dont know about you guys but i remember there being a cross buy word around in the picture when i bought the ps3 season pass….

+ sheepeater2 on April 17th, 2014 at 5:29 pm said:

No cross-buy? Come on, guys, I’ve paid for the season pass (yes, before we even know if the game will deliver, though I’m sure it will) and it’s not like the game isn’t already out on every other platform. Would it kill you to let us play it on Vita too? Let’s make it happen!

PAGE 1 2