Far Cry 4

Preview May’s Instant Game Collection

Kristine Steimer's Avatar + Posted by Kristine Steimer on Apr 24, 2014 // Sr. Community Specialist

Next month PlayStation Plus members will receive several games as part of their membership including Stick it to the Man! on PS4, Puppeteer, PES 2014 and Skullgirls Encore on PlayStation 3, and Limbo and Surge Deluxe on PS Vita. Several of these titles are a visual treat, boasting distinct, vibrant art styles.

Stick it to the Man! is a mix of point and click adventure puzzles plus a bit of platforming, and the animation-inspired art style is really slick. You’ll solve problems as Ray, a regular guy who wakes up one day with a giant pink hand floating out of his head. This pink hand gives him the ability to read people’s minds and grab stickers from their thoughts to use in the world.

On PS3 members will receive three very different titles: the award-winning, uber-charming platformer Puppeteer, the popular soccer simulator Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 and the indie-darling fighter with a crazy roster, Skullgirls Encore. Puppeteer is a visual treat that follows the story of a boy named Kutaro who gets turned into a puppet by the evil Moon Bear King (great name) and loses his head. After the transformation Kutaro must borrow other heads and use his fancy new pair of scissors to navigate the world and return home (preferably with his original head). Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 allows you to play as your favorite soccer team and pit them against teams from around the globe. The improved FOX Engine means that the soccer ball will be much more fluid than previous PES games. The 2D fighter Skullgirls Encore houses a bunch of wacky characters, each with their own unique attack style. The Encore version has new systems, balance updates, stages and music and a few new characters to mess around with.

PS Vita owners will get to download Surge Deluxe, an intense color-matching title and the critically-acclaimed puzzle platformer Limbo. The action in Surge Deluxe heats up quickly as you chain together color-coordinated blocks. The faster you move the more likely you are to be successful — taking too long means the pressure will build up in the pipes surrounding the screen and BOOM! Game over. If you haven’t played Limbo yet you’ll be in for a real treat when it comes to the Instant Game Collection for PS Vita. Limbo’s haunting atmosphere, intriguing puzzles and vague narrative make this a game you’ll remember for a long time.

bloghome_stickit_042414

May PlayStation Plus Preview

312x175_stickit

Stick it to the Man! (PS4)

Free for PS Plus members

On an ordinary day, hard hat tester Ray has a bizarre accident and wakes up with a giant pink spaghetti arm sticking out of his brain, giving him extraordinary mind-reading powers. Ray can suddenly change the world with stickers, transforming his paper universe by tearing it, folding it and using the crazy stickers he finds (along with his awesome new powers) to solve mind-boggling puzzles! Sadly, Ray doesn’t have much time to get to grips with his new-fangled psychic abilities. Instead, he’s on the run from ‘The Man’ for a crime he didn’t commit. Can you help Ray out of this sticky situation?

312x175_puppeteer

Puppeteer (PS3)

Free for PS Plus members

One dark moonlit night, a young boy named Kutaro was carried away by the maleficent Moon Bear King to a black castle where the unlucky lad was transformed into a puppet. Kutaro displeased the terrible tyrant, who devoured the boy’s wooden head and cast away his body. But the headless hero was not alone, for he had discovered a very special pair of scissors to help him on his harrowing adventure to find his head, and his way home.

312x175_pes2014

Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 (PS3)

Free for PS Plus members

Experience a whole new ball game with KONAMI’s PES 2014. The stunning new FOX Engine has been combined with a revolutionary soccer system that puts the ball at the heart of the action for the first time. Every element has been rebuilt and now features all-new physics systems, custom team and player AI and a huge leap forward in animations and atmosphere.

312x175_skullgirlsencore

Skullgirls Encore (PS3)

Free for PS Plus members

Skullgirls Encore is an update to the original Skullgirls, a fast-paced 2-D fighting game that puts players in control of fierce warriors in an extraordinary Dark Deco world. Building on its established game systems tried and tested by veteran and casual fighting game fans alike, Skullgirls Encore includes new systems, new stages and music, balance adjustments, gameplay tweaks and more. All brought to you with the same high quality Skullgirls and Lab Zero Games are known for!

312x175_surge

Surge Deluxe (PS Vita)

Free for PS Plus members

A new energy source provides humanity with enormous electrical power, but by-product materials build up fast, and must be constantly cleared to keep pressure levels in check. Shatter the dangerous by-products by routing electrical surges between matching blocks, and then vent pressure in huge blasts to buy you more time! Surge Deluxe puts sizzling electrical energy at your fingertips!

312x175_limbo

Limbo (PS Vita)

Free for PS Plus members

Uncertain of his sister’s fate, a boy enters LIMBO.

If you’ve got feedback on PlayStation Plus make sure you take the poll above as well as leave a comment below. To chat about all things PlayStation, including this update, you can head over to the PlayStation Community Forums. You’ll also find other topics you can contribute your thoughts to, or you can start your own discussion.

501 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 4 11

+ TimeSkipLuffyUS on April 24th, 2014 at 8:43 am said:

Limbo is a good game but offering it to us spoiled PS+ users is like putting PS+ on the same level as Games for Gold on the XBOX. Just that those at least would own that game.

+ DanteMerfi on April 24th, 2014 at 8:43 am said:

PS + made me buy a Vita and now PS+ seems to have completely abandoned it. I mean the US PS+. Europeans should be happy. Sly Cooper and Muramasa Rebirth the last two months while we get indie leftovers.

+ Mando44646 on April 24th, 2014 at 8:43 am said:

Also, I really hope to see a good sale this month. EU got a fantastic Easter sale….and we got old PS3 games on sale with NO Vita support. So not only does Vita get super crappy IGC line-ups, VIta also gets ignored in sales.

And whats with yanking all of those newly compatible PSP and PS1 games off of Vita again!? Why do you (Sony) constantly do your very best to sabotage the Vita in North America? No wonder it doesnt sell well! Its your own freakin fault

+ doctorSTRANG on April 24th, 2014 at 8:44 am said:

Puppeteer is awesome. I bought it some time ago and it is one of my favorite ps3 exclusive ever. If you are a oldschool gamer that loves platforms this game is for you. It really evokes the feeling of the first Sonic games.

+ snakeeyes211 on April 24th, 2014 at 8:44 am said:

Nothing for me this month. I was hoping the PlayStation4 would at least get secret poncho not another rehash game and for the rest of the PlayStation plus lineup vita and PS3. besides puppeteer that I ready own(the rest of the games are horrible)

+ tylerh1701 on April 24th, 2014 at 8:44 am said:

Wow, update seems earlier this month. Wasn’t expecting it til next week. Awesome!

Good month for me. Quite interested in Stick it to the Man and Surge Deluxe. Vaguely interested in PES 2014 and Skullgirls. Already played and sold Puppeteer but will happily take it back so I can work on the platinum. Already own Limbo on Vita, but that’s the only one I already own, so 1 out of 6 isn’t bad! Thanks.

+ Stringer2355 on April 24th, 2014 at 8:45 am said:

Stick it to the Man! (PS4) Don’t own a PS4
Puppeteer (PS3) Played the demo , looking forward to this one
Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 (PS3) Not into soccer
Skullgirls Encore (PS3) meh, not for me
Surge Deluxe (PS Vita) Don’t own a Vita
Limbo (PS Vita) Don’t own a Vita

+ elscorcho0 on April 24th, 2014 at 8:46 am said:

Worst month of games ever. Will the PS4 ever get a real game? Are these PS4 + games really even considered next-gen?

+ Ikaros19 on April 24th, 2014 at 8:47 am said:

no Muramasa for vita =(?
and no psvita game whit Platinum this month u.u
So bad :/

+ jacobeid on April 24th, 2014 at 8:48 am said:

I downloaded Gravity Rush, Uncharted: GA, and Wipeout 2048 in December of 2012. In addition to the shaft that we’ve been given the past few months from US PS+, we’ve had half of our selection remain the same for almost a year and a half. Pretty lame, SCEA. I hope this changes REAL fast.

+ jgrizzle358 on April 24th, 2014 at 8:48 am said:

Not much for me this month, but I know some people will like the offerings, and I’m not a selfish spoiled brat who thinks PS+ is meant ONLY FOR ME, so I’m not gonna complain. Keep up the good work guys :)

+ freshprincepbg on April 24th, 2014 at 8:48 am said:

I kinda miss Morgan, kristine never answers anything and doesn’t read past the 1st page

+ Darth_Raww on April 24th, 2014 at 8:49 am said:

Looking forward to Puppeteer and Limbo; thanks!

+ GrandKatana on April 24th, 2014 at 8:49 am said:

I just bought Skullgirls encore….dam it.

+ johnny_toastburn on April 24th, 2014 at 8:49 am said:

I only have a PS3, so that’s all I’m commenting on. While I’m not overly optimistic about a soccer game (Grid 2 didn’t change my thought on car racing games), Puppeteer might make the whole month worth it. I learned with Thomas Was Alone and Stealth, Inc. not to judge how good a month is until I’ve actually played the games. :-)

+ FeddeCampo on April 24th, 2014 at 8:50 am said:

Even owning most of the games of May,
Playstation in general is the only platform I see that makes multiple chances to let the player buy a game.
Limbo is a great example I’ve noticed. They started to discount the game price about 6 months ago, making it every time lower and in May it’s free, for the ones that couldn’t or decided not to buy it that time.
Maybe they were not sure if it could be worth the price, but it happens now, that they have nothing to lose cause it’s free.

+ Darth_Raww on April 24th, 2014 at 8:50 am said:

and Skullgirls Encore too.

+ shakim10 on April 24th, 2014 at 8:50 am said:

Dope! All you broke Whiners…STFU! Life is full of disappointments…you are no exception….

+ Snookies1 on April 24th, 2014 at 8:53 am said:

Normally I don’t complain about PS+, but this month for Vita really is kind of poor… At least, considering what EU got. I do appreciate the free games though regardless! Just hope we’ll see Muramasa on the US PS+ soon as well.

+ ZenTTox on April 24th, 2014 at 8:53 am said:

Yea, this is actually disappointing even though it’s free.

+ FairySun on April 24th, 2014 at 8:53 am said:

NICE!!
Loving the variation of the genre.
Yes, Winning Eleven to prepare me for World Cup 2014!

Thanks PS Plus. and for The Puppetteer.

+ dodgedoors on April 24th, 2014 at 8:54 am said:

I am not usually one to complain, but this is the worst month of plus I have had yet. Only one quality title (Puppeteer) and I bought it when it was $5. 1/6 isn’t even good for baseball players. I am really hoping there are MASSIVE sales to make up for this extremely poor showing in the lineup.

My wishlist for sales would be great deals on P4G and Diablo. I am begging here.

Love plus still, but this makes me really sad.

+ bocahfooty on April 24th, 2014 at 8:56 am said:

A glorified phone game for Vita, just what everybody hoped for… At least there’s Limbo, I guess.

+ Henrique2411 on April 24th, 2014 at 8:58 am said:

Any chances to see Sly Among thieves any time soon? I must confess that i got pretty jealous with IGC EU last month…

+ tbx59 on April 24th, 2014 at 9:00 am said:

Thanks for telling us early just like EU; too bad, we can’t play all our PS1/psp games again, like EU can.

+ GStylez1980 on April 24th, 2014 at 9:00 am said:

@33 & 44. No…not “nice words.” Calling people he doesn’t know “pathetic” is uncalled for. He has the right to be frustrated by the two things he brought up (PS1/PSP for Vita and IGC selection), but he doesn’t have the right to be a jerk.

Personally, May’s preview for IGC gets a solid “B” from me. I don’t own a PS4 yet, but am hoping that Stick It to the Man ends up on Vita Plus eventually. I own, but haven’t played Pupeteer. I’ve heard nothing but great things though. I’ve never bought a soccer game, but look forward to trying out PES (love when IGC gives me something I would’ve never bought, but intrigues me). Same goes for Skullgirls and Surge Deluxe. And Limbo is amazing (own it already, but for vita owners that don’t, you’re in for a treat). Would I have liked to see another AAA vita game? Sure. But I love the PS3 offerings enough that, for me, it offsets that point.

+ SheepTheJeep on April 24th, 2014 at 9:01 am said:

These are terrible. US PS+ is a joke compared to EU PS+. Especially if you’re a Vita owner. Seriously, we get two flash games while EU gets Muramasa and Hot Shots. That’s ridiculous.

+ aro52 on April 24th, 2014 at 9:02 am said:

Puppeteer, Limbo, and Stick it to the Man are great, but already played em. :/

Only thing of mild interest for me this month is Surge Deluxe…

+ wwolf76 on April 24th, 2014 at 9:05 am said:

Excited to see a sports game in the lineup. Would love to see an edition of The Show as part of the IGC at some point.

+ hazelcabug on April 24th, 2014 at 9:07 am said:

Nothing for me next month, please give us a good sale next month it’s been TERRIBLE lately too few AAA titles on sale…. It doesn’t matter if it already appeared in PS PLUS or gonna be in PS PLUS soon, as along as we can buy the guy for great deals to own it forever.

+ HeLiXcom on April 24th, 2014 at 9:08 am said:

I’m surprised. I expected a top tier Vita game to show up the same month they release a new Vita model. To entice new owners to sign up for PS+. I’ll be a new Vita owner in May. Is this what I have to look forward to? I bought Limbo on steam 4 years ago. I also own Borderlands 2 + DLC on steam. I can only hope they have a huge 50% off Vita games sale planned to celebrate the new Vita hardware release. Otherwise it’s Surge Deluxe I guess. It may be a good game… but it looks like a basic puzzle game I could play on my phone. I’m aiming to buy a Vita to play real console games on the go – with dual analog, etc. Maybe I should re-think this.

+ Sgt_0951 on April 24th, 2014 at 9:08 am said:

I can’t say that I’ll have interest in any of this. PES is the one exception and I have a feeling the download file size won’t be small enough to justify trying it (plus I’m just not much of a soccer guy). However, I’ve already gotten so much from Plus over the past few months that stacking on another year (to put me through 2016) would still be well worth the $50. Plenty of content occupying my time already and I know there will be more to come since I don’t spend much on games like I used to.

Thank you for everything that you do & offer with Playstation Plus.

+ TeamGreen615 on April 24th, 2014 at 9:10 am said:

I have always been grateful for whatever games we get on the IGC but the Vita lineup is probably the least exciting I have ever seen. I’m still enjoying Soul Sacrifice from a few months back so it looks like I have plenty of time to finish it.

+ Frodomec on April 24th, 2014 at 9:11 am said:

I dont know what is going on with the VITA team of Sony.

Why dont we have ps1/psp games as EU?
Why dont we have nice games on IGC like EU? ( I like indies, bur every month?)
Why dont we have good sales like EU?
Really, we need some answers here, Sony.

I love my Vita, but these days..

+ fresno75 on April 24th, 2014 at 9:12 am said:

nice month, we are happy for this tyvm.

+ joaryche on April 24th, 2014 at 9:17 am said:

good month…excited about Puppeteer, Limbo and SkullGirls Encore

+ Twisted_Ian on April 24th, 2014 at 9:18 am said:

Great… Limbo and Stick It To The Man, I love that Playstation had two huge sales at once and then afterwards just decides to make almost all of the games free, thanks for ripping me off, Playstation.

+ Maverick6146 on April 24th, 2014 at 9:19 am said:

nothing for me either, especially for Vita offerings. I could use some Dynasty Warriors Next or Muramasa Rebirth but now I am forced to go back PSASBR :(

+ Sevyne on April 24th, 2014 at 9:20 am said:

Really not all that impressed by the May line-up, but I’m not even sweating that much. What I am pissed about is how pathetic is was that all of the PSP/PS1 classics were available to download and play on Vita, and then you stealth locked them again a day later. I thought it wasn’t as simple as flipping a switch? What a load of garbage, and quite frankly, it’s insulting to us all.

+ mvillatoro on April 24th, 2014 at 9:20 am said:

Is it a joke? only mini games vita again

+ Shugo-PNM on April 24th, 2014 at 9:23 am said:

Well, I think that it’s a pretty good line up. I’m not excited as in January or February, but I think that this line up has some variety and that’s a good quality.

For the time being, I only own a PS3, so I will make a slight remark about PS4 and PSVita: Like many other sensible PS users, I don’t expect the PS4 to receive an AAA game anytime soon, although I have read some good reviews about Stick it to the man! so I will add it to my download list, someday I’ll be able to play it. But, I do think that the PS Vita is somewhat weak, specially if we compared it with the EU PSVita line-up. It’s funny though, because europeans are constantly whining about losing a PS3 game some months ago… I guess that every single person will always complain about what others are getting.

I like the PS3 line-up. Although EU had it last month, I didn’t see PES 2014 coming. I hardly think that I’m going to give a chance to that one, since I own FIFA 14, because (personally) I see this one a superior game. Very excited about Puppetter, I was sad that I couldn’t get it some months ago, and now I get to play it for free :D I am looking forward to Skullgirls also, I have played the demo a long time ago, and liked it pretty much.

+ LoBridge on April 24th, 2014 at 9:25 am said:

I am THRILLED to see some family friendly games on PS+ this month! I love the service and have been part of it since the beginning, but having games I can enjoy with the family is appreciated! Not only that, but getting good games for all three platforms is a huge bonus. Well done!

+ horvat88 on April 24th, 2014 at 9:27 am said:

Pumped about PES 2014! would’ve preferred fifa, but a free soccer game is still amazing. Thanks psplus! pumped for limbo and puppeteer as well

+ purse317 on April 24th, 2014 at 9:27 am said:

This post highlights a major complaint of many US ps3 owners. The difference in content from the US and EU community.

Their May plus content for instance is great and guess what so is ours DIFFERENT slightly but great no matter how you look at. Plus is great for both communities.

The problem lies with our sales disperity. Compare their Easter Sale (still going on) with our 99 cent flash sale and many are upset. I spent $5 on the flash sale but my brother (in Britain) spent $100 overseas on the EU sale. We buy the same games so if I had that opportunity like he did I would have dropped the cash but instead we keep getting lackluster sales opportunities when compared to the EU community.

This post is a great example on how things can be different for both communities but still shine brightly. Please do something about the disparity in sales so we can spend more money is the ps store. Is that to much to ask

+ ioshi_US on April 24th, 2014 at 9:33 am said:

wth reg EU get Muramasa and Hot Shot Golf
and we only get indie again ?

+ Codeslacker on April 24th, 2014 at 9:34 am said:

Please give us Muramasa next month! Great that we get Puppeteer this month =)

+ snakeeyes211 on April 24th, 2014 at 9:36 am said:

What happened to some of the games announced at E3 for the PS4 as part of plus they are M.I.A. like Ray’s the dead
secret poncho and drive club just to name a few And with so few AAA titles I just hate seeing them re-release titles that people such as myself already owned it’s a new generation we want new games for plus and in general

+ jgrizzle358 on April 24th, 2014 at 9:36 am said:

The problem with PlayStation Plus isn’t the lineup of games. It’s the consumers. No where else do you see a company giving away 7 different games across 3 different platforms at no extra cost EVERY MONTH.

The issue is so many spoiled, whiny, entitled, children who think EVERY SINGLE MONTH should ALWAYS cater to THEIR particular gaming tastes and forget everyone else. PS+ is not YOUR personal catering service, it is a vast community with millions of subscribers, each one with differing tastes and preferences, so to sit there and think that just because YOU don’t like the particular set of offerings for the current month that they shouldn’t exist makes you nothing short of selfish. PS+ is NOT just for YOU, it is for EVERYONE.

+ honkayjeezus on April 24th, 2014 at 9:36 am said:

Never played Puppeteer, but looks good. Hopefully the Driveclub release during E3 rumor is true.

+ jgrizzle358 on April 24th, 2014 at 9:36 am said:

Not everyone is gonna like EVERY game EVERY month. That’s why there’s a diverse balance. One of the free games this month is a soccer game. I HATE sports, and I own 2 of the other games being offered, but you won’t see me complaining because 1. I’m not rude, 2. I’m not selfish, I know there’s other people who will enjoy these games, and 3. I have plenty of games to play as it is, and the less on my backlog the better And even if I can’t take advantage of the free games for the current month, I can still use things like cloud saving.

Most of these people complaining are closed-minded, indie haters anyways, who won’t even TRY a game before passing judgement on it, even though the only thing it’s costing them is HDD space. I’m sorry the industry can’t be all guns and girls and gore 24/7. You know some of us prefer an artistic and intelligent approach to the industry. Instead of the same mindless neanderthal garbage every year.

Everyone NEEDS to get over themselves and realize, PS+ is NOT a individual catering service like so many seem to expect it to be. Get your heads out of your rears.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 11