Driveclub

PlayStation Blogcast 118: Watching the Watch_Dogs

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on Apr 25, 2014 // Senior Manager, Social Media

Subscribe via iTunes or RSS, or download here

Watch_Dogs is squarely in the spotlight this week as Ryan shares his hands-on experiences with Ubisoft Montreal’s PS4 powerhouse, as well as a new interview with the creative director Jonathan Morin. Plus: We share next week’s new game releases, a slew of voicemails, letters, and more!

Stuff We Talked About

• Watch_Dogs for PS4
  • Octodad: Dadliest Catch
  • Diablo III
  • The Last of Us: Remastered
  • Karateka

Official PlayStation Blogcast: Sid ShumanOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast - Nick SuttnerOfficial PlayStation Blogcast: Ryan Clements

Send us questions and tips: blogcast@playstation.sony.com or leave a voice message! 650-288-6706

The Cast

30 Comments   1 Reply

+ cool_trainer on April 25th, 2014 at 5:57 pm said:

They open 8-4 Play Podcast with “Irasshaimase!” (いらっしゃいませ!), meaning “Welcome to the store!” or “Come on in!.”

Can’t wait to listen to the rest of the show!

+ Tjoeb123 on April 25th, 2014 at 6:38 pm said:

*reads Stuff We Talked About*

….Are my eyes deceiving me? Have you guys finally stopped talking about Dark Souls a ton? (I don’t really listen beyond the new releases, but I can see why people are a little annoyed by it)

+ Ry-Dog on April 25th, 2014 at 7:21 pm said:

Hey Sid Shuman, since Bust-a-Move 4 is coming out as a PSone classic next week, would it be possible for Bust-a-Move 2 & Bust-a-Move 99 to come out as PSone classics on the playstation store in the near future. I do believe Square-Enix hold the rights to those two games.

+ MakoSOLIDER on April 25th, 2014 at 7:28 pm said:

Haven’t listened in just yet but if you can answer this question I would appreciate it. Watch_Dogs allows for second screen applications on Tablets and smartphones as we saw at E3. There also seems to be a separate (?) ctOS APP for multiplayer challenges and the like. Are either of these features coming to PSVita and if so is the second screen part of PS4 Link or a seperate APP? What about the ctOS app?

+ pug7778 on April 25th, 2014 at 7:33 pm said:

Can’t wait for this game on ps4! Xbox Sucks!!!!!!

+ camiwaits_us on April 25th, 2014 at 7:46 pm said:

♪Octodad, nobody suspects a thing♪

Great game, but it makes me dizzy sometimes.

+ Blkant on April 25th, 2014 at 8:25 pm said:

Can you guys get the SOE people on to get some info/updates on Planetside 2s release date, details etc…?

+ davidxraw on April 25th, 2014 at 8:45 pm said:

I have some questions for you guys. Can you please bring another $.99 flash sale this weekend? I’m hoping Cubixx HD will make the cut as well as some other older titles. How about bringing the Road To Greatness tour to Florida for us gamers down here. Can Limbo be available on the PlayStation 3 as well for this month’s Instant Game Collection. Where is my PlayStation Now beta e-mail? :)

+ thebiglouie on April 25th, 2014 at 11:06 pm said:

“I hope there is no swears in there”
Yeah, he said one at around 43 minutes, but he said it with a French Canadian accent so it’s okay.

+ Teflon02 on April 26th, 2014 at 12:35 am said:

I got my Vita playing crash sucks for everyone who didnt download Dragoon, Spyro crash or w.e you wanted from your dl list. would be nice getting a actual explanation.

+ Predman on April 26th, 2014 at 5:44 am said:

OYeah watch me Dog Lol?!”

+ Strangeheaven on April 26th, 2014 at 6:00 am said:

I quit this podcast after 10 minutes, sick of all the babbling going on.

+ snakeeyes211 on April 26th, 2014 at 7:58 am said:

When are we getting HBO go for the PS4?

+ snakeeyes211 on April 26th, 2014 at 8:01 am said:

All games are deserving of a platinum trophy indie games and full retail game So please change your policy Sony thankx-/

+ Maluraq on April 26th, 2014 at 9:40 am said:

@Strangeheaven this is one of the reasons I can’t stand podcasts. I’d much rather read a well-written interview or summary of an interview than listen to people ramble.

+ senor_flojo on April 26th, 2014 at 10:17 am said:

Podcast Beyond > PlayStation Blogcast

+ rabidninjamonky on April 26th, 2014 at 12:34 pm said:

I haven’t finished listening, but I was just wondering where Justin is and why he doesn’t even have a picture. Is he not doing the blogcast anymore? Has he mysteriously left Sony to work on that new Star Wars game, like everyone else? Haha I’m only half joking.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on April 26th, 2014 at 7:36 pm said:

I’ll be back next week! Last week I had a scheduling conflict, and this week I was back home visiting family for my birthday. :) Tom Gilmore shall return!

+ GodofDeathOnline on April 26th, 2014 at 12:50 pm said:

not like waiting for the last day of the month for your mediocre firmware update its not like it will have anything good in it like playstation 1/2 emulation or cd or mp3 support

+ GodofDeathOnline on April 26th, 2014 at 1:14 pm said:

and another thing we need better people doing this not just ign rejects your just as good as the people you hire to work for you sony

+ rabidninjamonky on April 26th, 2014 at 1:27 pm said:

Wow some rude comments today! I guess we can tell whose parents don’t love them.
I loved the Dark Tower books! I read the first 4 1/2 books before I got too cool to read. Incredible world and characters, I would love to see a big budget TV series or videogame of it. I don’t even know if Roland and his crew ever made it to the Dark Tower!

+ CommandingTiger on April 26th, 2014 at 1:35 pm said:

When is Share PS Blog coming back up?

+ ChaoticAssault31 on April 26th, 2014 at 4:21 pm said:

I am curious, why did you guys take down the ability to download PS1 and PSP games onto the Vita? It is kind of really upsetting.

+ CommandingTiger on April 26th, 2014 at 4:38 pm said:

When will we have 100% Dedicated Servers for first party PS games?
Some PvP on GOW Ascension either the host leaves and kicks you out of the game or the game lags and you get kicked out, and only when you’re winning..
Or at least find a way to counter that if possible.

+ marcosplaysbass on April 26th, 2014 at 4:56 pm said:

can we get an update to the PS4 Games List? pleaseeeeeeeee

+ RE_Player on April 26th, 2014 at 7:58 pm said:

I knew there was something I was forgetting. The best blogcasts are the ones you forget to listen to, than it feels like a surprise when you do :P

+ rabidninjamonky on April 26th, 2014 at 8:36 pm said:

@Justin Cool, I’m glad you’re not gone, and happy belated birthday!

+ mgspodeath on April 27th, 2014 at 2:42 am said:

If there is 1 game that needs to be made for ps4 as a free to play game it would be Garry’s Mod. that game would be amazing on the ps4. I have seen videos on youtube from SeaNanners to GassyMexican and there have so much fun playing it. I would like to enjyou it too without having to buy a gaming PC

+ hahpurr on April 27th, 2014 at 10:44 am said:

When, if ever, will we be able to watch the PlayStation Blogcast on the PS4?

+ AizawaYuuichi on April 27th, 2014 at 2:19 pm said:

senor_flojo is the Dark Souls of comments… x.x

So many negative/rude comments this week, on the Blogcast post of all places… what in the world? Didn’t your parents/Bambi ever teach you “If you can’t say something nice… don’t say nothing at all”? Just because you CAN be rude doesn’t mean you SHOULD.

+ KasperFNielsen on April 28th, 2014 at 8:12 am said:

You’re crazy, Nick! Timothy Olyphant hamming it up is one of the greatest things about Deadwood. Everything in the show is at 11 and I love it.