PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

PlayStation Now: PS4 Private Beta Starts Tomorrow

Peter Jamshidi's Avatar + Posted by Peter Jamshidi on May 19, 2014 // Director of Marketing, PlayStation Now

Update: With both PS3 and PS4 Private Beta’s now in effect, we sent out codes for both systems on May 20 as planned. We’re aware that some PS4 owners may have received a beta code for PS3 but don’t currently own that console. We’re working to send PS4 vouchers to everyone in the beta that received a PS3 voucher since January. These will be sent out in batches over the next week or so, please be patient. If you haven’t already registered and plan to, please make sure to tick off what console you own in the appropriate check box.

Hi all, since January, a growing number of PlayStation fans have been enjoying the Private Beta program for PlayStation Now, our streaming game service launching this summer.

PlayStation Now logo

Up until this point, our Private Beta for PS Now has been available on PlayStation 3 systems. We’re pleased to announce that the Private Beta program is expanding and will make its debut on PlayStation 4 systems on May 20. If you’ve registered for the PS Now Private Beta, keep an eye on your mailbox for a voucher code.

PS Now gives you the freedom to play select PS3 games like you already stream movies, TV, shows, and music – directly to your favorite PS Now compatible devices without any discs or downloads. The first supported devices launching in 2014 are PS4, PS3, select 2014 Bravia TVs, and PlayStation Vita, with more devices down the road.

The Private Beta program has been going great so far, and we want to give thanks to the testers that have participated – your valuable feedback is helping us make the service even better. Thus far, Private Beta testers have logged more than 50,000 gameplay hours discovering new games, rediscovering favorites and racking up Trophies!

We are also happy to announce that access to the PS3 Private Beta program will expand to a broader audience in the near future. If you aren’t a member of our Private Beta community yet, click here to register your interest. Please be patient if you’ve already registered but haven’t received an invitation yet. We are inviting more Private Beta testers on a regular basis.

We’re eager to launch PS Now more widely – stay tuned to this blog for more details. And remember, if you’re already in the PS Now Private Beta, we want to hear from you so post feedback / impressions in our private forums.

More coming soon!

PAGE 1 2 3 8

+ Sharingan_itachi on May 19th, 2014 at 11:03 am said:

PS Vita beta never happening.

+ samsyd1 on May 19th, 2014 at 11:04 am said:

Hi,

So as a beta tester for the PS3, do I automatically get access to the PS4 beta. or do I need to sign up again for PS4 access?
Thanks

+ justaccording on May 19th, 2014 at 11:07 am said:

Sign me up, can’t wait to try it out

+ gerneric123 on May 19th, 2014 at 11:07 am said:

Vita and Canada when?

+ stlthriot on May 19th, 2014 at 11:08 am said:

Yeah, I’m also curious if beta members of the PS3 version will automatically get to try the PS4 version?

+ Amiculi on May 19th, 2014 at 11:08 am said:

Good to see that the signup’s captcha still doesn’t work at all. Tried signing up every time it was mentioned by no matter what it tells me my input is wrong.

+ Brian92610 on May 19th, 2014 at 11:09 am said:

Is it normal to have received your beta invitation but not the beta voucher? I received my invitation a month ago, clicked through to accept it, but never received the voucher… Really excited to try it out on my PS3 or PS4 though!

+ DZORMAGEN on May 19th, 2014 at 11:09 am said:

If I’m already in the PS3 version of the beta, does it mean I can start the PS4 version tomorrow?

Peter Jamshidi's Avatar

+ Peter Jamshidi on May 19th, 2014 at 11:56 am said:

Hi DZORMAGE,

You’ll need a new voucher code specifically to download the PS4 version of the Beta app. In addition to inviting a new bunch of Beta testers specifically into the PS4 Beta, we will also be working on getting PS4 codes to those already in the PS3 Beta.

If you are in this boat, be patient, and look for a code coming to your email inbox over the next week or so.

+ Sonicfan11589 on May 19th, 2014 at 11:09 am said:

I received the email but i don’t think i received the code to be an official tester? I still have the email.

+ lildragn on May 19th, 2014 at 11:10 am said:

I saw the Canadian Flag from the poster and got excited until I tried to register :( Still not happening in Canada.

Peter Jamshidi's Avatar

+ Peter Jamshidi on May 19th, 2014 at 11:48 am said:

Hey Guys. Old avatar, but still Canadian! Sorry, we don’t have anything to announce on Canada right now, the Beta is mainland US only. We are listening to feedback however and are exploring other territories.

+ Rainie on May 19th, 2014 at 11:10 am said:

is the beta test going to be available in Canada?

+ WICKEDGHOST187 on May 19th, 2014 at 11:11 am said:

Please I would like to have the Playstation now beta for the PS4. I al ready have it on my PS3. But the PS3 is a family system and I would like it better if I had it on my own system. If we have the beta on our PS3 system will we still get it on our PS4 system.

+ Bigdogjeff21 on May 19th, 2014 at 11:12 am said:

i have the ps3 beta code i been waiting a long time to play ps now on my ps4 will codes roll over i hope it does or i get new code would be awesome

+ Darktoad666 on May 19th, 2014 at 11:12 am said:

Ps Vita!?

+ Amiculi on May 19th, 2014 at 11:13 am said:

Oh sure…. tried with Internet Explorer and it accepted it first try. Apparently it doesn’t work for chrome or I’m just unlucky :s

+ jaf5150 on May 19th, 2014 at 11:13 am said:

I hope they have different games on the PS4 beta, it go old real quick on the PS3, i already ready had half of the beta games on that list and the ones that i didn’t have were kinda of MEH!

+ ATOMS11 on May 19th, 2014 at 11:15 am said:

Hopefully I can take place in the Beta. Been registered since the introduction to the service. No love so far. Good thing im a positive thinker.

Peter Jamshidi's Avatar

+ Peter Jamshidi on May 19th, 2014 at 11:58 am said:

That’s the attitude ATOMS11, stay positive. We have invites going out on a regular basis.

+ nirojan45 on May 19th, 2014 at 11:17 am said:

So…is your avatar a sign of things to come? Maybe a Canadian rollout?

+ pwobrien on May 19th, 2014 at 11:18 am said:

Canada!?

+ WICKEDGHOST187 on May 19th, 2014 at 11:20 am said:

One more thing is please do something like Gamefly does where I pay a fee each month because if you charge per game it won’t be worth the money. But I do think if there is a fee each month you will make a lot more money.

+ ZiggyPoopdust on May 19th, 2014 at 11:20 am said:

This sounds great. I’ll be watching my mailbox. Can’t wait to try it out!

+ DazRoyal on May 19th, 2014 at 11:26 am said:

We need Playstation Now PS Vita beta!!!

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on May 19th, 2014 at 11:28 am said:

So if I understand this correctly, if we’re already in the PS3 beta, we should be getting a code for the PS4 beta via email (or PSN message) tomorrow?

+ Zacky-V-A7X on May 19th, 2014 at 11:29 am said:

Hope i get in this time arround.

+ Fardeenah on May 19th, 2014 at 11:29 am said:

vita???

+ Sealtested on May 19th, 2014 at 11:30 am said:

C’mon Sony throw Canada a bone.

+ SirDerpity on May 19th, 2014 at 11:31 am said:

hope i get an invite :3

+ KazeEternal on May 19th, 2014 at 11:33 am said:

Can I just get my PS1 and PS2 emulators on PS4 please?

+ Bollix on May 19th, 2014 at 11:34 am said:

Got my Playstation Now beta “acceptance” email a month ago. Said to wait for the follow up email, which would contain the code, in the coming days. It never came. IT NEVER CAME! Any help? Thanks!

+ DonArmageddon on May 19th, 2014 at 11:42 am said:

Protip for registering: don’t include spaces in the CAPTCHA (took me five attempts before I figured it out :/)

Just signed up for PS4 interest, but Vita would be a game-changer. Do it!

+ CrispyCanuk on May 19th, 2014 at 11:42 am said:

Canadian flag on post -> Goes to sign up -> Can’t put in postal code /arrrrg

+ Malkavilis on May 19th, 2014 at 11:48 am said:

Vita???

+ YungShep on May 19th, 2014 at 11:51 am said:

So what about the users that got the email to accept, input the code for access and never got a 2nd email? do we fall in this next wave? i’ve been waiting for a while now on that 2nd email to actually start

+ thebledkid22 on May 19th, 2014 at 11:56 am said:

I have enjoyed the Playstation Now service but I did notice something. I played Catherine and Fuel and unlocked trophies in both games, but I don’t see them on my Trophy list anywhere. I ask this because this article states that players have been unlocking trophies but I can’t find the ones that I have unlocked anywhere. Any response would be greatly appreciated.

Peter Jamshidi's Avatar

+ Peter Jamshidi on May 19th, 2014 at 12:04 pm said:

Sorry to hear that. Be sure to sync your trophies from the PS Now in-game menu (by hitting the PlayStation bug and selecting the option)

+ ChaoticAssault31 on May 19th, 2014 at 11:58 am said:

Hey Peter,

Is there any news on whether or not PS3 PSNow beta testers will get access to the PS4 version?

Thanks!

+ Praxcelis on May 19th, 2014 at 12:01 pm said:

Playstation Now sounds great, right along with many other new technologies and services. But here in the US, with the FCC’s “fast lanes” and bandwidth caps becoming more common with Comcast, Verizon, and the rest that are sure to follow, PSNow doesn’t look so hot. I want it, I do. But I’d like to be able to afford it, and the ISPs are trying very hard to make that unlikely.

+ Sealtested on May 19th, 2014 at 12:01 pm said:

K the beta is in US only but when it was revealed they promised it would launch in US and Canada. Is this still happening or not.

+ Valde_zerocool on May 19th, 2014 at 12:02 pm said:

Does already being accepted to the PS3 Beta increase or decrease our chances of getting the PS4 Beta?

+ GnomeWizard on May 19th, 2014 at 12:07 pm said:

I hope I get into the beta this time:D

+ YungShep on May 19th, 2014 at 12:07 pm said:

+ Dmaki650 on May 19th, 2014 at 12:08 pm said:

I hope to get a code! I applied WAY back when you first started and have not gotten one. :-DD

+ DjLess on May 19th, 2014 at 12:14 pm said:

Any word on when/if the PS Now beta will be available in Canada?

+ king_sora55 on May 19th, 2014 at 12:18 pm said:

Need help got my acceptance email for the ps 3 beta on April 21st And accepted it that day but I haven’t yet got my Beta key, please help when should I be getting my Beta key???????

+ L0NG_SHOT_28 on May 19th, 2014 at 12:19 pm said:

No luck, Haven’t got accepted for any of the beta tests.

+ zero_entourage on May 19th, 2014 at 12:19 pm said:

Glad to hear that those in the PS3 beta will be able to get in the PS4 beta as well.

Just curious, those that are in the PS3 beta now, how long will they have access to the beta? Is it timed, or once you’re in, are you grandfathered in until the beta ends?

+ ROANUNITNYCBK23 on May 19th, 2014 at 12:21 pm said:

ACCEPTED MY INVO A MONTH AGO HOPE YALL SEND ME THE BETA CODE FOR PS4 TOMM

+ AceOfSpades725 on May 19th, 2014 at 12:25 pm said:

I also accepted my invitation last month and have yet to receive a code. Hopefully the new codes will roll out soon!

+ TRAVISHENDERSON5 on May 19th, 2014 at 12:26 pm said:

I would love to get in the beta I signed up when it was first announced and I still haven’t gotten a invite. :( But I’ll still be waiting to get in on the PS4 beta. :)

+ JMG24BAD on May 19th, 2014 at 12:29 pm said:

I need a ps4 code. I would love to try it

+ Brit87Guv on May 19th, 2014 at 12:32 pm said:

How do I sign up for the PS4 Beta testing? Is it coming out for Canada?

PAGE 1 2 3 8