PS4 - Destiny

This Week in PlayStation: I’m Your Density

Justin Massongill's Avatar + Posted by Justin Massongill on Jul 13, 2014 // SCEA Social Media Specialist

Let’s get right to it, shall we?

We’ve got details on Destiny‘s impending PlayStation-first beta and its collectors’ editions (look at that Ghost Edition!), beloved indie rogue-lite Rogue Legacy lands on PS4/PS3/Vita this month, 2D fantastical fighter Skullgirls is headed to PS4 and Vita, Driveclub’s dynamic weather systems ensure that no two races will play out the same way, Alien: Isolation’s pre-order bonus lets fans play as Ellen Ripley herself, cheesy platformer Mousecraft is out on PS4, PS3 and PS Vita, and experimental puzzler The Talos Principle hits PS4 later this year.

This week in Final Fantasy XIV: I just ran Syrcus Tower for the first time and rolled on a belt for my Warrior (my main is a Black Mage), forgetting that you can only get one item per week. D’oh! At least when my tank gets to 50, she’ll be well-equipped. I’m still Atma farming to upgrade my Stardust Rod, and I’m saving up Soldiery tomes to replace the weakest link in my current equipment loadout: my i55 Master Thaumaturge’s Ring.

Let’s hear your gaming stories from the past week! Any big accomplishments?

• I’m playing: Final Fantasy XIV
  • I’m watching: World Cup Finals, Persona 4 Golden Animation
  • I’m listening to: PlayStation Blogcast 126, Virt

This Week’s Top 10 Posts

This Month’s Free PS Plus Games

Doki Doki UniverseMuramasa RebirthVesselDead Space 3StriderTowerFall Ascension

Most-Watched Video of the Week

PlayStation Blogcast 126

+ WarWolf7 on July 13th, 2014 at 1:51 pm said:

Is the “Density” in the title an inside joke I’m not getting?

+ Badger_Deluxe on July 13th, 2014 at 2:06 pm said:

@1 Back to the Future, man! Classic :P

+ GRIM__REAFER on July 13th, 2014 at 3:12 pm said:

Can’t wait for a new month, July PS+ is…..sad.

+ SeanStrange on July 13th, 2014 at 3:14 pm said:

I’m playing: Transistor (Just got that platinum!)
I’m watching: The GameOverGreggy Show
I’m listening to: Combichrist

+ KazeEternal on July 13th, 2014 at 3:28 pm said:

Do we know if Destiny PS3 users can play with Destiny PS4 users?

+ dodgedoors on July 13th, 2014 at 5:54 pm said:

Playing: Persona 4 Golden (totally addicted after first playthru 83 hours in baby)

Watching: Halt and Catch Fire

Reading: Off to be the wizard by Scott Meyer.

+ ImperfectTears on July 13th, 2014 at 6:33 pm said:

Playing: Farcry 3 (I think I’m addicted to the story mode)

Listening to: Xperiment

Watching: Supernatural

I’m buying a PS3 mic next weekend so I can play Borderlands 2 multiplayer with my new friends.

+ TwinDad on July 13th, 2014 at 7:46 pm said:

World Cup
World Cup
World Cup

Now that it’s, sadly, over, I will get back to summer.

+ Art_of_Ronin on July 13th, 2014 at 8:33 pm said:

Love the blog title “I’m Your Density”. Indeed a great quote taken from Back to the Future 1. Can’t wait for Destiny Beta drop on July 17th, 2014! And what Rick James would say to Alpha, “Destiny Alpha is helluva drug…”, which made me wait this long for another fix when beta release. xD

+ Brooklyn008 on July 13th, 2014 at 8:49 pm said:

Played a whole lot of Watch Dogs… Just completed the Walkthrough… About 95% done overall… Still one trophy away of platinuming Transistor… Played Trials Fusion as well over the weekend.

Now, all I’m waiting for, like many others; Destiny Beta… Played the Alpha and I had a blast maxing the 3 characters… So yeah, let it be Thursday already :)

+ PrinceofXIII on July 13th, 2014 at 9:25 pm said:

Can’t wait for Destiny!!!

+ Enigmatech on July 14th, 2014 at 12:20 am said:

Those Ghost Editions turned into actual ghosts while limited doesn’t seem so “limited”.

+ jahonius80 on July 14th, 2014 at 1:21 am said:

I’ve been playing: Wolfenstein The New Order (platinumed!)
Watching: The World Cup finals
Listening: John Mayer
Reading: The Shining

I just bought a red DualShock 4 so I could play FIFA with my friends.

Seriously, the most beautiful red I’ve ever seen in hardwares

+ ishralene09 on July 14th, 2014 at 2:33 am said:

Playing: Muramasa Rebirth (Thanks PS+!)
Watching: anime marathons
Listening: ClariS (Japanese singing duo, responsible for a few OPs and EDs)
Reading: PS Blog, searching for PS+ update hints. Oh well, it’s still mid-July.

Man I want a PS4 right now.

+ KainDrake on July 14th, 2014 at 5:48 am said:

Now I feel like watching Back to the Future.

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on July 14th, 2014 at 11:30 am said:

It’s always a good time to watch Back to the Future.

+ logicslayer on July 14th, 2014 at 6:40 am said:

I’m playing: Assassin’s Creed: Black Flag | Going for platinum
I’m watching: Doctor Who Series 7
I’m listening to: Inside Gaming Podcast

+ KidGreengene on July 14th, 2014 at 6:46 am said:

Played: Wolfenstein: The New Order
Watched: Legend of Korra Season 3
Listened: Garnett on Games

+ CommandingTiger on July 14th, 2014 at 1:27 pm said:

You guys should get Star Citizen on the PS4.
All they really need is to be cross-platform, release regularly updates without restriction.
The project reached 40 million in public funding, it looks amazing and it would be better if it were on the PS4.
Make it happen.

+ nanaki85 on July 14th, 2014 at 1:33 pm said:

“McFLYYYY!”

+ LUCIFERSGLEAM on July 14th, 2014 at 1:44 pm said:

How many here didn’t like Bungie because they were Xbox-only and are self proclaimed ponies?

+ hypothetical on July 14th, 2014 at 3:12 pm said:

My density has popped me to you.

+ Hyperion508 on July 14th, 2014 at 5:29 pm said:

Never received my Destiny beta code. Not a big deal since all my free time away from my 2-year-old little guy is spent in FFXIV. So close to level 50 I can taste it!

+ VinsanityV21 on July 14th, 2014 at 5:31 pm said:

@War Wolf, @Jusin Massongill: Thanks for clarifying in the first post! I have never actually seen BttF 1 and 2 all the way through before personally (I only know the 3rd one all the way through, since i remember watching it when I was hospitalized), so I too thought it was an inside joke or a typo or something. I really gotta watch those 2, straight thru, someday.

I’m playing: Drakengard 3, Ni No Kuni, Dino Crisis 2, Wild ARMS 2 (darn you PSN Flash Sales!)
I’m watching: South Park. All 17 seasons are on Hulu now, and won’t switch to Hulu Plus until S18 premieres. Have at it!
I’m listening to: The X-Files Files with Kumail Nanjiani, JV Club with Janet Varney, and Never Not Funny with Jimmy Pardo.

+ XCobraKnightX on July 14th, 2014 at 6:45 pm said:

Playing: Drakengard 3

Watching: ToraDora! Eng dub

Listening to: Luna Haruna and Man with a Mission

Btw i need some friends, i haven’t been back on PlayStation from xbox 360 for long so i only have two atm, I’m a passionate Sony fan and am so looking forward to destiny. Please add me if you’d like to :) PSN: XCobraKnightX .also my brother needs some friends too, he’s getting back on PlayStation with a white destiny bundle come September so if you need more friends add him as well :D PSN: Beowulf9969

+ realgone79 on July 14th, 2014 at 6:53 pm said:

Playing: Ni No Kuni (enchanting, beautiful game, 30 hours in and still in love with it)
Watching: Chuck (never watched this before, it’s wonderful!)
Listening to: The National (Pink Rabbits is my song addiction)
Reading: The Red Tent (rubbish, but I’ll finish it)

+ EnigmaNemesis on July 14th, 2014 at 10:05 pm said:

Sadly the Ghost Edition is sold out everywhere. Bungie and Activision would be crazy not to sell more.

+ varmintx on July 14th, 2014 at 10:28 pm said:

I practically never comment here on the Blog, but that BttF reference was awesome.

+ EJStrat on July 15th, 2014 at 8:12 am said:

Man, good things are on the way. Very excited.

This week,

I’m playing: Wildstar, Transistor (such a good soundtrack!), and, starting Thursday, Destiny Beta!
I’m watching: Attack on Titan, The Counselor (buddy loaned it to me like two months ago), and Wes Anderson marathon
I’m reading: The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay, The Silkworm, and Before They Are Hanged

Have a great week, everyone. See you in Destiny!

+ LegendaryHero4 on July 15th, 2014 at 8:36 am said:

Beware of EA and there dbaggery pricing.
They are charging 199$ for their new Dragon’s Teeth add-on on Xbox.
They might do the same on the PSN. Make sure you keep an eye on anything EA releases and block them.

+ Nitro73 on July 15th, 2014 at 8:44 am said:

This week:
I am playing: F-zero(review), Infamous Second Son, Warframe, and Flower
I’m watching: Replays from Deu vs. Arg so I can see all those tears (Go Germany), and that’s really it.
I’m listening: Iron Maiden – Number of the beast

+ I1111990ADNOV on July 17th, 2014 at 10:46 am said:

GOOD EVENING PLAYSTATION CONSOLE FANS AND LOVERS I HAD A THOUGHT ABOUT WHAT THE PRODUCERS, DIRECTORS, AND CREATORS OF SONY SHOULD HAVE ALL OF THE DRAGON BALL Z VIDEO GAMES SUCH AS DRAGON BALL Z BUDOKAI, DRAGONBALL Z BUDOKAI 2, DRAGON BALL Z BUDOKAI 3, DRAGON BALL Z TENKAICHI, DRAGON BALL Z TENKAICHI 2, DRAGON BALL Z ULTIMATE TENKAICHI, DRAGON BALL Z TENKAICHI TAG TEAM, DRAGON BALL Z BATTLE OF Z, DRAGON BALL Z RAGING BLAST 2, AND DRAGONBALL Z KINECT BE PUT ALTOGETHER AS ONE GAME LIKE AN ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION. ANOTHER WORDS IT SHOULD BE SIMILAR TO THE STREET FIGHTER ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION VIDEO GAME FOR THE PS2 WHERE THERE IS STREET FIGHTER 3rdº STRIKE AND HYPER STREET FIGHTER II. THEY SHOULD HAVE THESE GAMES AVAILABLE FOR THE PSN (PLAYSTATION NETWORK) BECAUSE PEOPLE THAT LIKE PLAYING DRAGON BALL Z THEY PROBABLY WOULD LOVE THIS IDEA DUE TO THE FACT THAT DBZ WILL BE RESURRECTED OR REVOLUTIONIZED BACK TO THE PLAYSTATION CONSOLE. ☺