PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Hohokum: New Trailer, Out 8/12 on PS4, PS3, Vita

Richard Hogg's Avatar + Posted by Richard Hogg on Jul 23, 2014 // Co-creator, Hohokum

Hello!

Well, we have finished making Hohokum. I still can’t quite believe it. I feel tired and emotional. In a good way though. Working on Hohokum has been fun right up until the end, and we are very happy with the finished game. I hope you will be too.

Hohokum will be released on August the 12th and is available for pre-order now. Doing so will get you a discount, a custom PS3 static theme and an exclusive Hohokum DLC pack for Sound Shapes! I did the art for it and there’s a track by Tycho from the Hohokum soundtrack in there too. So go make some Hohokum-themed Sound Shapes levels!

Hohokum PS3 ThemeHohokum Sound Shapes Pack

Oh — and Hohokum is Cross-Buy too! For $14.99 you get the PS4, PS3 and PS Vita versions all in one go. One day you could be playing Hohokum in the bath, the next day projected on the side of a barn…

To celebrate the launch of Hohokum, we have a new little trailer. It stars a crazy lovable hermit guy. He will tell you about some of the stuff you can expect to see in Hohokum.

So there you have it. Now you know everything there is to know about Hohokum… or perhaps you are still thinking ‘what the devil is going on in this videogame?’ That’s okay. It is a curious and surprising game. The best way to find out what Hohokum is about is to play it for yourself. With any luck you will be charmed and delighted.

Well, I won’t waffle on. I’m sure many of you already have plans for Hohokum launch day. Perhaps a street party, a kite festival, or a Hohokum-themed cocktail soirée? I am told that it is not a national holiday in all countries. Hopefully that will change in years to come.

Hohokum launches on August 12th for the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PlayStation Vita as a digital download through the PlayStation Store and is available for pre-order now through the PlayStation Store PLAY program. If you pre-order or purchase two or more of the games in the program, you’ll receive PlayStation Store credit in return. And, if you are a PS Plus member and you pre-order Hohokum, you’ll get 20% off.

33 Comments

+ Mercenary09 on July 23rd, 2014 at 9:08 am said:

Looks great guys. If I pre order it on the PS4 do I still get the theme on my PS3? Also does the game have a Platinum trophy?

+ tdh004 on July 23rd, 2014 at 9:11 am said:

Was anybody else charged twice for pre-orders done yesterday? I pre-ordered this, Rogue Legacy, and bought the Don’t Start DLC. Then today I was charged all over for them again.

+ PanTheMan16 on July 23rd, 2014 at 9:11 am said:

Pre-ordered! Can’t wait! :)

+ Rezznak on July 23rd, 2014 at 9:13 am said:

preordered. Looks fantastic, can’t wait to hear some Ghostly artist tracks playing this game!

+ FifthDream on July 23rd, 2014 at 9:21 am said:

I am ridiculously looking forward to playing this. It’s so gorgeous and cute, and seems like it will be a unique experience/ I preordered it yesterday, and am counting down the day ’til it arrives. Thank for making it. :D

+ vvinberg on July 23rd, 2014 at 9:31 am said:

So stoked!

+ MakoSoul on July 23rd, 2014 at 9:42 am said:

This looks like a perfect before-bed Vita game. Consider me sold.

+ xClayMeow on July 23rd, 2014 at 10:14 am said:

The game certainly has a unique aesthetic and looks like it’d be perfect on the Vita, but it’s so unique that I just don’t know how it’ll play, and thus sadly won’t pre-order (or buy) without a demo. Hope one is planned!

+ akiratech on July 23rd, 2014 at 10:51 am said:

I already preordered yesterday, I really just dropped by to say I’m glad you guys got Farmer Fran another job :-p

+ ArunTahlan on July 23rd, 2014 at 10:57 am said:

The vector artwork somehow reminds me of Loco Roco. Looks great !

+ Squiggle55 on July 23rd, 2014 at 12:33 pm said:

I really love the art in this game. Fingers crossed it’s as fun to play as it is to look at.

+ RoD_GX on July 23rd, 2014 at 1:10 pm said:

Santa Monica devs who worked on this Hohokum project know this game makes more sense on Vita.
Proof is this: Vita gamers will play it more frequently, whereas ps3/4 owners will try it out, think it’s cute and then leave the game after 15-minutes gameplay. And yet this game gets more “support” (so to speak) on consoles, where it gets a theme (and maybe an avatar pack featured as DLC) whereas on Vita this game will never see a single update for months until SMS realize we exist and release an update, called ‘stability, balance and bug fixes’. Isn’t that right, PlayStation All-Stars?
Not to mention Sony keeps stressing developers in order to make a game reach the 60 FPS. They could use the same workforce to release a Vita port for a game like Gran Turismo (if PSP could, why not Vita?) but the fact that doesn’t change is that the sony treatment to Vita users is here to give them nothing, not to mention this is a $240 handheld, not counting the $100 64GB Vita memory card.

‘greatness awaits’.

+ Frodomec on July 23rd, 2014 at 2:26 pm said:

@12
Agreed

We wont stop this fight, Sony!
Ps Vita WILL rise!

+ CrashSpyro on July 23rd, 2014 at 2:38 pm said:

That PS3 theme looks pretty bad due to having a really bright background that’ll make text hard to read. I shouldn’t have to dim the background just to make it useful.

+ Wozman23 on July 23rd, 2014 at 2:57 pm said:

It seems like an eternity ago that this creative madness was announced, and I was hooked instantaneously. The initial reveal, subsequent updates, and those sublime behind the scenes videos have put me in a state of utter lunacy. My mind races at every mention. I refer to time by its relativity to August 12. I really think I’m in for something special.

+ Husteen on July 23rd, 2014 at 4:02 pm said:

this game looks so neat. i do believe i will pre-order when i get a ps+ subscription again. august 12th seems so far away -_-

@12:

TL;DR:

“vita never gets any games!”
*vita finally gets a game*
“vita gets less support for the game than consoles do!”
*game isn’t out yet*

+ MmaFanQc on July 23rd, 2014 at 8:02 pm said:

Can’t wait to finally play it!

its already preordered.

+ yowzagabowza on July 23rd, 2014 at 8:34 pm said:

Needs a demo for sure.

+ Einhander138 on July 23rd, 2014 at 9:36 pm said:

>Hohokum launches on August 12th for the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PlayStation Vita

You had me

>as a digital download.

You lost me.

I’ll happily support you when you support consumer rights.

No physical media, no sale.

+ rarobbiey on July 23rd, 2014 at 10:00 pm said:

pre-ordered and officially pumped for this. the artwork looks amazing and goes without saying that the music in this game is going to be superb.

great to read that the game comes with dlc for sound shapes. just keeps on giving.

is there plans to release some sort of soundtrack for this game? would be great to get downloadable versions of the music.

+ Elvick_ on July 23rd, 2014 at 11:08 pm said:

Nice!

+ TimeSkipLuffyUS on July 23rd, 2014 at 11:59 pm said:

Waiting for it on PS+. Since the PS4 library isn’t that big, changes are high I can play this someday without buying it :D
Meanwhile I gonna play all the games I haven’t finished or started yet :’D

+ WeWereThere69 on July 24th, 2014 at 12:49 am said:

I got charged twice for pre-ordering Rogue Legacy as well. Thanks for the $35 overdraft fee, Sony.

+ KidGreengene on July 24th, 2014 at 7:27 am said:

After the logo change (a much more light hearted and “friendly” logo) and this… I have to ask; is Sony Santa Monica becoming Sony’s version of Rare? (Not saying that is a good or bad thing. Just a thing).

+ CrusaderForever on July 24th, 2014 at 8:19 am said:

Looks great, my son and I are going to love this game. I have already preordered, thanks for the game!

+ Welmosca on July 24th, 2014 at 11:41 am said:

Demo for PS3 or Vita??????

+ Welmosca on July 24th, 2014 at 12:39 pm said:

Whats up with all these eyes btw?….get rid of that.

+ Notserp2814 on July 25th, 2014 at 7:19 am said:

I pre ordered this game on PS4 and was able to play the Sound Shapes DLC on my PS4 game. I tried to do the same on Vita and PS3 but can’t find the DLC pack.

Do all versions of Sound Shapes get the DLC pack or just the platform version that you pre-ordered on?

+ SeanStrange on July 25th, 2014 at 3:37 pm said:

Really interested in Hohokum. For some reason though, it really reminds me of Noby Noby Boy and Sound Shapes.

+ VforVendita on July 26th, 2014 at 12:40 am said:

Love the soundtrack! Will definitely be pre-ordering the game and the soundtrack to go with it.

+ Budmaceone on July 27th, 2014 at 11:56 am said:

@19 – you must be missing out on a lot of games then with that stance…

+ Einhander138 on July 28th, 2014 at 6:15 pm said:

@32

I wouldn’t say I’m missing out on anything substantial.

If they’re good enough to have a retail release, they’re not worth my time.

+ TJF588 on August 4th, 2014 at 3:55 am said:

Believe it or not, the biggest factor in my being aware of this game was its inclusion in the last (read: 2013’s) E3 promotion in PlayStation Home, with that big, blue, caped costume as a reward item. Figured I could stretch my funds enough to cover this among the PLAY participants, especially with thrown-in Sound Shapes crossover DLC (which I’d suppose would be for sale on its own down the line, but I’m a sucker for XMB themes, too). Still…honestly not sure what this game’s about, just that I want it and am blind to prerelease text and video about it. So, about a week or so to find out!